test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kerrat, upsetting the poor Feds

Comments

• macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited April 2013
    And there you have it folks. Dan Turner, join date March, feels that PVP should be deleted from Kerrat because he hasn't put in the work to be good at PVP, and can't cut it there. Nevermind the months if not years of work you've all put in perfecting your PVP builds to play in the tiny room provided by Cryptic for all of STO's PVPers, it all gets deleted, because we got in the way of someone's PVE progress! Shame on you, PVPers! Don't you know how traumatic being shot with phasers is for some people?

I wish I could convert my character to mirror federation and attack everyone. Klinks for the challenge, but Feds because of mewling like this.

You know a mirror Terran empire PvP only faction might be fun!
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ker'rat is fine as it is, yep I'm a fed who enjoys battle. I don't even go after the Borg, I go Klingon hunting. I don't see what the problem is, Klingon players are opportunist, they will go after vulnerable target ie farmers.

To fight Klingons at Ker'rat, think like a Klingon. :cool:
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • danturnerdanturner Member Posts: 12 Arc User
      edited April 2013
      And there you have it folks. Dan Turner, join date March, feels that PVP should be deleted from Kerrat because he hasn't put in the work to be good at PVP, and can't cut it there. Nevermind the months if not years of work you've all put in perfecting your PVP builds to play in the tiny room provided by Cryptic for all of STO's PVPers, it all gets deleted, because we got in the way of someone's PVE progress! Shame on you, PVPers! Don't you know how traumatic being shot with phasers is for some people?

I wish I could convert my character to mirror federation and attack everyone. Klinks for the challenge, but Feds because of mewling like this.

And there you have it: another stupid Call of Duty griefer who doesn't have the intelligence to comprehend that PvE and PvP

DO

NOT

MIX.

Kerrat is presented as a PvE mission. It has objectives and the Borg AI as an enemy. It has no business mixing in PvP.

Too bad you can't seem to comprehend this. Maybe if all the Fed players started reporting the Klingon players for "harrassment" Cyrptic would take notice that this is broken...
    • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
      edited April 2013
      danturner wrote: »
      Except its not played like that. Feds complete and farm resources while klingons cloak and kill players who are set up to optimally fight Borg AI.

No, fed players are well aware of that. Roughly...5 seconds after killing a Borg repair hulk. So don't be patronizing.

You can say the design is "fine" all you want. You're ignoring the detail that PvE and PvP are very different designs, and throwing them together in such a cackhanded way is genuinely irritating a LOT of players. If we want PvP we'd join a queue, NOT a mission presented as PvE.

Lol hardly. Many of us KDF older PvPers go into Kerrat to help those newer KDF attempt to complete the mission against much larger numbers of deds doing the same. If you died alot in that scenario then tough, Kerrat is a PvPE zone and Im there to help.my faction win it. Not redesign my gameplay because of your sensitivity says you shouldnt be attacked in a PVP zone.
      Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
      edited April 2013
      And there you have it: another stupid Call of Duty griefer who doesn't have the intelligence to comprehend that PvE and PvP

DO

NOT

MIX.

Kerrat is presented as a PvE mission. It has objectives and the Borg AI as an enemy. It has no business mixing in PvP.

Too bad you can't seem to comprehend this. Maybe if all the Fed players started reporting the Klingon players for "harrassment" Cyrptic would take notice that this is broken...

So you have to resort to ad hominem attack because you fail to argue your point. PvP in this game except for 1 map is completely separate from PvE. This is fact. The devs mixed the 2 to 1) create an incentive for PvP and 2) introduce them to PvP. If players go into Ker'rat not knowing it and find they hate it they can avoid it completely forever. Again it is 1 map out a hundred.

A real PvP server would have others players be able to attack you almost everywhere In sector space. There is no comparison here. As I said without PvP Ker'rat would be a pointless and boring grind. The gear it gives is pretty lame too.
      "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
    • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
      edited April 2013
      bitemepwe wrote: »
      Lol hardly. Many of us KDF older PvPers go into Kerrat to help those newer KDF attempt to complete the mission against much larger numbers of deds doing the same. If you died alot in that scenario then tough, Kerrat is a PvPE zone and Im there to help.my faction win it. Not redesign my gameplay because of your sensitivity says you shouldnt be attacked in a PVP zone.

I suddenly have a desire to spend all my Zen and buy a B'rel after reading this post. :o

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
    • danturnerdanturner Member Posts: 12 Arc User
      edited April 2013
      macronius wrote: »
      So you have to resort to ad hominem attack because you fail to argue your point.

I'm finding it very, very funny that you can't argue against this point:
      PvE and PvP

DO

NOT

MIX.

They have completely different layout needs. You saying the "devs did this, they did that because" misses that its two incompatible modes cellotaped together. It is broken and needs to be fixed.
    • theeishtmotheeishtmo Member Posts: 236 Arc User
      edited April 2013
      *snip*

Stop, please. You've been told this over and over again: It is not PvE. It is not, it was never meant to be, it is not presented as such. In a game, where the main mover is a WAR between the two factions, a location called "SPACE WARZONE" one should NOT be surprised to have to meet and FIGHT other players there.

I think the best way to phrase Kerrat is this: It's not for you. It's for people who like fighting other players in a non-regulated environment. In a game where 98% of the content is PvE, have ONE open PvP map is kind of amazing, and those of us who like PvP, LOVE Kerrat for it, warts and all.

It is not for you. I'm sorry that the other 98% of the game, which is all PvE, isn't enough for you, but you'll have to settle for it while us few go off and fight each other in Kerrat. Stay away from it and you'll be happier.

Also, Call of Duty? Please, there are better trolls in the world, CoD just has a bunch of 12 year olds issuing racial slurs.
      I know there is a method but all I see is madness.
    • zarathos1978zarathos1978 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited April 2013

DO

NOT

MIX.

PvP and PvE mix pretty good. Of course Ker'rat is rarly played as it should with both faction kicking and screaming to win the match. Usually Feds are ignoring Klinks and Klinks are ignoring mission.

And Ker'rat is not presented as PvE mission: "We must continue fighting for resources to cut off the flow of supplies going back to the Klingon Empire."

Does it sound like PvE mission? Or this: "Enter any War Zone by travelling to Kerrat in the Donatu Sector". Perhaps this: "Mission: War Zone of Klingon Foragers"

Plus - if you do not like Klinks killing you grow some balls and get at them. They are bunch of whinny brats and if Feds organize and kill them few times in a row - they leave. After it you can farm in peace.
    • crappyturbocrappyturbo Member Posts: 201 Arc User
      edited April 2013
      IMHO pvp is the reason that dps is the only thing that works quickly or correctly in pve because of a poorly thought out reason to get people into pvp. I personally dislike pvp so I avoid it. If you like pvp good for you but do not tell the players that prefer pve that they MUST pvp by having the game balanced for pvp only, which is what SEEMS to be happening

I think that all items should have 2 sets of stats 1 for pvp and 1 for pve that way balance is separate. That way if balance is out in pve, pvp is not affected but that will not happen because it requires too much work.

And for the record I have effectively been around since launch, but my finances have never been good enough to purchase a sub, my roommate has been a sub since launch and I have played through his account until STO went F2P
      edited April 2013
      The game is balanced around DPS not pvp.

R.I.P
      edited April 2013
      But but Patrick.... Im hitting that spacebar very hard.....

R.I.P
      edited April 2013
      patrickngo wrote: »
      Lol Roach, you FUNNY... but seriously, It's counterproductive for some players to blame other players-witness mine own little angry diatribe (essentially useless diatribe, really) in response to another poster's angry diatribe.

We're ALL this game-without us, ALL of us (including, sad to say, the whiners and the trolls) this game dies.

There's all kinds of blame-throwing, but fact is, it wouldn't generate the furor and consternation if people didn't love it (for whatever reason).

still, you keep banging that spacebar, you're going to need a new keyboard, man-given how much of your tray is already keybound, you probably don't have a lot of spare options you can use if it loses sensitivity...

I agree. I was being silly.

Though I do use the spacebar.

R.I.P
    • travelingmastertravelingmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited April 2013
      I agree. I was being silly.

Though I do use the spacebar.

I use the spacebar, and autofire too! Allows me to pay a little more attention to my abilities and my piloting.
      My PvP toon is Krov, of The House of Snoo. Beware of my Hegh'ta of doom.
      edited April 2013
      I use the spacebar, and autofire too! Allows me to pay a little more attention to my abilities and my piloting.

Thumb to keep pace on the spacebar and three fingers to hit the 1234QWERASDFZXCV LEYS when needed in gameplay. Other hand steers via mouse.

R.I.P
      edited April 2013

They have completely different layout needs. You saying the "devs did this, they did that because" misses that its two incompatible modes cellotaped together. It is broken and needs to be fixed.

You make an assertion but don't back it up. There have been plenty of games where PvP and PvE have been mixed successfully. Even TOR has recently done this with their Gree(sp) event. Like it has been said, it is 1 map. You don't like it ... then don't it. Lots of other people, both Fed and Klink enjoy it.

Who are you to say what we can and cannot play.

- Judge Aaron Satie
    • jaephjaeph Member Posts: 79 Arc User
      edited April 2013

Are you kidding me? You make this up, and treat it like it's gospel? That's simply your opinion.

Most of us don't have this PvE/PvP hangup. We play the game, and take the fun wherever it is. It's just a precious few who have to change the rules rather than play by them.

-Jeff
    • wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
      edited April 2013
      god I hope they wenrt jerking our chain about territory control
      3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
    • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
      edited April 2013
      wildweasal wrote: »
      god I hope they wenrt jerking our chain about territory control
      They've been talking about Territory Control for years now. It could be years more before it goes anywhere. It really just depends on how important PvP is to STO - and right now it's not that important.
      STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    • wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
      edited April 2013
      thecosmic1 wrote: »
      They've been talking about Territory Control for years now. It could be years more before it goes anywhere. It really just depends on how important PvP is to STO - and right now it's not that important.

cosmic couldn't you have just lied to me?
      3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
    • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
      edited April 2013
      macronius wrote: »
      You know a mirror Terran empire PvP only faction might be fun!

I second, and third this idea! I spend all my time in mirror ships anyway - I'd feel right at home!
      edited April 2013
      wildweasal wrote: »
      cosmic couldn't you have just lied to me?
      Ok then. I've been testing Territory Control on the ultra-secret Red Squad server for months now. You're going to love it! :D
      STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
      edited April 2013
      Ok then. I've been testing Territory Control on the ultra-secret Red Squad server for months now. You're going to love it! :D

I would love that if I wasnt on Double Secret Probation.......

R.I.P
      edited April 2013
      I would love that if I wasnt on Double Secret Probation.......
      One must be careful. You never know when Wishstone might return. :D
      edited April 2013
      One must be careful. You never know when Wishstone might return. :D

Hush. Speak not that name.

It gives me the chills

R.I.P
      edited April 2013
      patrickngo wrote: »
      who? Is this someone of deeply earned infamy in the game, or on the boards?
      Wishy was a Dev who handed out a lot of Infractions and Suspensions before she was replaced.
      edited April 2013
      She once put me in the hole for many many weeks just for my love of muffins. I could do nothing with the forums except read and send responses to posts via ingame mail.
      <shudders as cold runs down his spine>

R.I.P
    • gstamo01gstamo01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited April 2013
      I always enjoy the Kerrat zone comments like 'It took 4 of you to kill me'. As if that mattered. The player is still dead.
      You know Cryptic has Jumped the Proverbial Shark when they introduced Tractor Pulling to Star Trek Online! :D
    • travelingmastertravelingmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited April 2013
      gstamo01 wrote: »
      I always enjoy the Kerrat zone comments like 'It took 4 of you to kill me'. As if that mattered. The player is still dead.

That's really what it comes down to. The opponent is out of the fight, at least for 30-45 seconds. Given the ridiculous state of tanking capability in this game, it shouldn't be a surprise that it could take 3-4 people to kill someone who's running a tank + healer build, especially if they're not alone.

The real skill would be to fly a BoP and tank 3-4 GOOD players. That's when you can really brag about how much it took to kill ya.
      My PvP toon is Krov, of The House of Snoo. Beware of my Hegh'ta of doom.
      edited April 2013
      gstamo01 wrote: »

And my response is to laugh in their face and write "umadbro". :D

- Judge Aaron Satie