test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Legacy of Romulus Uniform Feedback Thread

salamiinfernosalamiinferno Member Posts: 159 Cryptic Developer
Are you in the beta and have you found a new uniform is clipping, tearing, incomplete, available on a weird species? Please leave feedback here!
Post edited by salamiinferno on

Comments

• neok182neok182 Member Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've noticed a lot of bad clipping and tearing on the Romulan Republic outfits.
    ACCESS DENIED
  • ajddominionajddominion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    On initial character creation, the skirt seemed to have a pseudo transparent look to the material. That particular lighting might have caused the issue, have not noticed it outside of the creator, or inside the tailor.
  • wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm loving most of the new options but I've found some clipping issues w/ the Romulan female uniforms. Here's an example.

http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww336/Wilv79/screenshot_2013-04-18-18-49-14_zps4dac7b9a.jpg
  • huntingboy12huntingboy12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I enjoy the layout of romulan faction but uniform were restrained no place to put rank or look comfortable
  • amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Several of the uniforms are exhibiting severe clipping issues. The romulan skir and most of the tops clash bad.

Also, the colour palette ares pretty bad and are generally not as well laid out or as varied as the Federation or KDF ones are.
    7NGGeUP.png

• sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    In addition to the clipping and lack of provisions for rank insignia, I also noticed that I could not customize the outfits of my BOffs.

Would the latter simply be a bug, or would they be unlocked as I progress further into the story missions? (I've just finished discovering New Romulus, if that helps).
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • adamrezeau1982adamrezeau1982 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I can't say I've noticed uniform clipping, but I have observed a lack of an undo button in the tailor which would be nice to have back.
  • hitherowhitherow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My problem is that I can't see my character to do anything with her uniform. And I'm level ten! o_O.

I was able to do it the first time when I made her Republic Uniform, Now though? Not so much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cryptic Join Date: March 2010
    "We will not go quietly into the night" ~Independence Day
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ive spent quite a bit of time perfecting my costumes, and i got to say the selection is stellar. perfect amount before getting into a bunch of pay for extras. it puts the kdf selection to shame, but theres SOOOOO much stuf you can see kdf npcs wearing that players cant even have access too. that continues to be frustrating.

the tailor is very dim though, id like it to be more well lit, its hard to see colors real well on things

also on varies pieces of clothing, theres completely different color selections, making it difficult to color match accessories, can that get a bit more streamlined please?
  • captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited April 2013
  • kururu565kururu565 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    wait the minute? Harkeav is alive?
  • sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kururu565 wrote: »
    wait the minute? Harkeav is alive?
    The beginning of the Romulan story missions are set before "Cutting the Cord".
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • ktetchktetch Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ok, not noticed anything REALLY off.
    It did disconnect me when I went to explore the bridge.

Also, in space, it's killing my graphics card, 100% load. Even with the slider on performance, the initial space bit was running it (Radeon HD 6570) at full blast at 1280x720@60 res. On holodeck, I usually run the next step up on the slider, and only had the sustained 100% load when in fluidic space for the story missions, so something to watch for, for me.
  • morkargh117morkargh117 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I got the Tal Shiar uniform, and the chest piece has no texture, its just grey matter, like melted plastic.

I was also hoping the Romulan Republic variants would get a true grey colors, not the brownish grey we have now, a true gray, or gray with a blue tint would be cool.

Pretty happy with the uniforms so far, heres to hoping for DS9 and Nemesis uniforms in the future.
  • materwindumaterwindu Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've noticed clipping on the female versions of Romulan Republic uniforms, specifically the chest gear pieces. I have two requests for the Romulan uniforms as well. I like most of the colors as they are, but I would like to see a true red like fed and klink get, and a true black as well. The second request is to give the females more hairstyles. I would specifically like to see the hairstyle the romulan commander from the ToS episode The Enterprise Incident, and her eyebrows included, as well as the long variants other species have.
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Loving having a romulan. One thing on the Uniforms, specifically the ones from the Character Creator. Most of them have rather low collar/neck lines and it is a little odd for me. Maybe it is the bad lighting I am getting in the creator, maybe is it because below the neck has never really looked right in STO.

Anyways, It would be great if there was at least an Undershirt option or something so that you didn't have the low neck lines.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,148 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • crownvic2doorcrownvic2door Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So far everything is fantastic, however I would LOVE to get sandals for the female that are kinda like the Orion characters.
  • oracle54oracle54 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I got the Tal Shiar uniform, and the chest piece has no texture, its just grey matter, like melted plastic.

Likewise, but it looks like some people are having this issue and some aren't
  • mikiiymikiiy Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    - Romulan civilian top clips a bit near the armpit. http://i.imgur.com/WdJs3P1.png

- Romulan civilian wrap (top part) clips alot around the waist in seductive stance, turning the character makes it clip even more. http://i.imgur.com/JwK10gl.png

- Romulan civilian skirt clips while moving. http://i.imgur.com/fnkD8yO.png

- i miss the UNDO and REDO buttons in the tailor, undoing/redoing a single change like before was really useful, bring that feature back!

- Add some button to hide those face/hair preset hotbars, im playing on a non-widescreen monitor and find the preview space way to small with them visible.. those bars are pretty much useless to me and reduce the preview space down to the point that i have to turn and zoom at every change and thats no fun.

Aside of the clipping issues i'd say the costumes are awesome.
  • bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited April 2013
    Are there supposed to be visuals for armor and kits or not? On my female I didn't see the kit visual in game, but it is enabled in the tailor. The problem is it was clipping so badly you couldn't tell it was supposed to be a kit. It took me a minute to figure it out.

The Federation coat seems to want to go over the belt- which to me looks weird. It's either clipping badly or just plain looks bad. I'd like to the belt go over the coat.

The federation chest piece just looks odd. It's a couple of pouches, like a belt, only chest high? It would make sense if it was clipped to a tactical vest, but not a belt in the middle of your chest.

Having said that there is not a thing about LoR that doesn't look completely awesome. The new uniforms are sweet.

Rank insignia would be cool but, after playing KDF without it, I could live without it.
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Federation romulan chest gear and actual fed costume torso clip a bit.

And I do love the style on the uniforms, both romulan and fed-romulan wise. They are really nice so far.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • glassguitarglassguitar Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Noticed some pretty harsh clipping around the waist area on my female Romulan toons uniforms.
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I intend to post more extensive feedback and bug examples later this weekend, together with screenshots, but for now the things I've observed:

- No Long Hair option available for Female Romulans. Like, at all... Bwuh? You advertise the expansion with a pretty Romulan lady, you promise us new hair options released with the expansion, yet everything is either Short or Ponytail. Can we please have just straight loose long hair, especially since we see numerous Romulan NPCs with such?

- Clipping issues on numerous clothes without any addons or mixed parts. For example Romulan Civilian Jacket near the armpit - http://i.imgur.com/mQgbmZ7.jpg
    The same outfit clipps around the spatula area when the character is running.

- Romulan Klingon outfits either repeat in all upper categories or have bugged names. I'll post screenshots examples later.

- Again Romulan Klingon outfits often have bugged colours. One (for example right) wrist attach displays a wide range of colours available, while another (left) has only few. Same goes for several costume pieces (both upper and lower) which have colour change options that change nothing at all, or have parts which colours cannot be changed.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • v3nnv3nn Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I wish I could hide the bars with the presets / suggestions for head and hairstyle.

I miss the standard Uniform in the presets.
    If I create a Char quickly, but I don't like these presets, I can't find the first one i had.
    I have to switch the gender so I wear the first uniform, or i have to pick it out of the advance mode.

Additionally I would like to see the lavish background behind my Char and these windows. But no point of sense why I should Hide all these creationwindows.
    Maybe a showcase option, so see the char in the middle of the screen, and I could turn him around and see if he fits in the romulan style in the background.
  • charliescot25charliescot25 Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    When I created a new player, I get the klingons and starfleet, and I tried to click on Romulan sign but it just won't allow me to make a romulan.
    [SIGPIC]USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • corethlcorethl Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Not sure if it was my video settings or something else, but I found after customizing my captain after getting to the flotilla, my character's face seemed to not be entirely on the head; I could see a seam where I presume the face joins the head, around the upper part of the neck.

It was sort of jarring not to be able to mess with the appearance of the boffs, but for all I know, that's a function of being early in the arc.
  • naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Character editior did not display my modified appearance after purchase, although the changes were there when I exited the editor.
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    naevius wrote: »
    Character editior did not display my modified appearance after purchase, although the changes were there when I exited the editor.

I noticed this too. Not sure if it is a bug or just ordinary server lag. but it takes the Tailor a bit to catch up. I switched from my civilian intro outfit to the Romulan Republic uniform and when it first closed out, It was still in the Civilian.

Not sure what I did, but going back to the uniform select a second or so later (without making any changes), showed the Correct Romulan Republic Uniform.