What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Fleet] Ferasan Shadow Force

Comments

• Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There are two slots open for spectators for the HSE two-man run in the making. I don't have a definite date, but I can say it will be a Saturday (so Bob can film us), the 27th of this month at the earliest. I will invite people to spectate in the order they reserved spaces, IF they are online (I will not wait). So far, in order here are the signups:

@lindaleff
    @shadowfang240
    @tazurensavulen
    @kitsunesnout
    @aeronuat

If you want to reserve a spot, leave a reply saying so. I will update this post if more responses come in. (You can also send me an in-game mail or say so in CatPhone if you want to reserve that way.)

After this, I might look into attempting a solo run; however, I cannot guarantee it will ever happen.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    M'Rekka is pleased to help. ^.^

Trillian was a bust for me, and as a bonus slipped a bunch adware/spyware through during installation as well. Got anything less...painful you'd recommend?
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    There are two slots open for spectators for the HSE two-man run in the making.
    wait...you're 2-manning this, right? so there should be 3 open slots for spectators, not 2
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    tazurensavulentazurensavulen Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    wait...you're 2-manning this, right? so there should be 3 open slots for spectators, not 2

Bob has a slot, no matter what. So that leave 2 more.
    signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    [09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
    Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    i thought bob was going to be man #2?
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    tazurensavulentazurensavulen Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i thought bob was going to be man #2?

From what I understand, Bob is not man #2. Man #2 is unknown at this time since Voporak is a meany.
    signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    [09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
    Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!
  • Options
    loukocloukoc Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lindaleff wrote: »
    It is a TIE cockpit, and the lettering indeed is Aurebesh.

In other news, I find your lack of Star Wars....disturbing. :mad:

I know almost nothing about SW universe, I have only learned what I can from the movies...

(that cockpit seemed familiar though)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    since Voporak is a meany.
    yes, yes he is...we should be mean right back to him

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Indeed! Voporak's Dabo table is rigged, and stole over a million of my EC! This cannot go ignored! :mad:
    I will invite people to spectate in the order they reserved spaces, IF they are online (I will not wait).
    I don't know what timezone you are in, so I will just use those whom I do know, and you can do the math.

Taz is in Amerika's Pacific timezone, so usually I come online around 4pm his local time. That is 5pm in Blaze local time, and 6pm in Aero local time. If you shoot for anything after the half-hour mark, I should be well ready to come along.
    Bob is the graceful commentator with the lovely voice! :D
    loukoc wrote: »
    I know almost nothing about SW universe, I have only learned what I can from the movies...
    *facepaws*
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    wolfgangtwowolfgangtwo Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    canis36 wrote: »
    Trillian was a bust for me, and as a bonus slipped a bunch adware/spyware through during installation as well. Got anything less...painful you'd recommend?

Belated apology: M'Rekka pays for Trillian, so he gets no ads. He wasn't aware of it installing anything else.

http://xmpp.org/xmpp-software/clients/ is a list of theoretically compatible clients, but M'Rekka hasn't used any to know anything else about it.

In what way was trillian a bust? Just failure to connect?

Addendum: M'Rekka (as Wolfgang One) can more reliably be reached on Steam.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Belated apology: M'Rekka pays for Trillian, so he gets no ads. He wasn't aware of it installing anything else.

http://xmpp.org/xmpp-software/clients/ is a list of theoretically compatible clients, but M'Rekka hasn't used any to know anything else about it.

Lots of locked/non-functional buttons. Like the one that would let me tell the Jabber/XMPP thing where to connect to.
  • Options
    commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    From what I understand, Bob is not man #2. Man #2 is unknown at this time since Voporak is a meany.

No, I'm man #3. I'll be flying around cloaked and providing a play-by-play.
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    edited April 2013
    So I just poked at the Starbase a bit, not much I can contribute to atm, but I noticed that the Starbase special projects slot was empty. I know we've been keeping it clear so that we can run the featured projects to improve the looks of our base, currently all of them are done.

So can we consider slotting some of the "special projects" that are available so that people can work on building up the Fleet Credits?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    So I just poked at the Starbase a bit, not much I can contribute to atm, but I noticed that the Starbase special projects slot was empty. I know we've been keeping it clear so that we can run the featured projects to improve the looks of our base, currently all of them are done.

So can we consider slotting some of the "special projects" that are available so that people can work on building up the Fleet Credits?

I'm fine with that. Brandon said future projects will be repeats so we aren't going to miss anything any time soon.
    edited April 2013
    This one is a bit confusing, but I like it! Sort of a "What if?" scenario. It makes you think! :D
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    This one is a bit confusing, but I like it! Sort of a "What if?" scenario. It makes you think! :D

So awesome :D

I love the new plane deviations (I wanted to say aviation deviations) you make.

I will pay you the 400k, wet with the blood and sweat of the people I got them from, that I made today for you to make more aviation deviations (there I said it)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I already have 3 more of them, finished, and waiting to be uploaded (:D)! One goes up up the 16th, the next goes up on the 18th. After that, I am still thinking of what sort of things I can do. The third one goes up on December 14th (110th Anniversary of Wright Brothers's famous flight). I made this a few weeks ago, and then realized how bloody well early I was (:rolleyes:), and decided to just let it sit on my hard drive until the Anniversary.

But as for the subject matter, aviation has always been a particular passion for me. Even from childhood, it has been among my only true loves. The others being being musik, and now also my daughter. So, when I reached the point of exhausting every graphics idea I had, I realized that I had done nothing with aviation. It all just made sense to me (:D).
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I already have 3 more of them, finished, and waiting to be uploaded (:D)! One goes up up the 16th, the next goes up on the 18th. After that, I am still thinking of what sort of things I can do. The third one goes up on December 14th (110th Anniversary of Wright Brothers's famous flight). I made this a few weeks ago, and then realized how bloody well early I was (:rolleyes:), and decided to just let it sit on my hard drive until the Anniversary.

But as for the subject matter, aviation has always been a particular passion for me. Even from childhood, it has been among my only true loves. The others being being musik, and now also my daughter. So, when I reached the point of exhausting every graphics idea I had, I realized that I had done nothing with aviation. It all just made sense to me (:D).

I think planes are fine if you're watching them or reading about them but I'm terrified of heights so I hate getting on them (I actually hate every bit of the flight, from takeoff to the trip, to landing)
  • Options
    edited April 2013

So, got it running with Pidgin after trying two or three others sight more or less unseen and discovering that their help files were all in languages I don't read or speak. Problem is I can't seem to get into CatPhone. How'd you manage it?

Edit: N/M I figured it out.
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Professor, as if we weren't spread across 'merica enough, I'm in the Eastern time zone. :rolleyes:

And if any of you were paying attention in CatPhone just now, you would've seen who #2 will be.
    Ready?
    Kess@blackeagleaggie is #2.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

No we don't run those projects because they are a waste of resources. Wait for a few days, the embassy upgrade will be available soon enough, and any fleetmarks you waste means we're going to need more time or more farming to fill upgrades. And i don't want to farm the no win scenario again for 10-15 days because marks were wasted in useless projects and no one else is contributing. :)

Yes i know it's frustrating but we're already stalling because some people think it's smart to fill projects with cheap doffs and leave the expensive ones to people like me. I can't even open starbase doff boxes because science doffs slots are always full and we usually get like 1 medical/5 science from requisitions. Anyway.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Professor, as if we weren't spread across 'merica enough, I'm in the Eastern time zone. :rolleyes:
    So, 7pm your local time.
    I think planes are fine if you're watching them or reading about them......
    Oh, that would never do. The throb of piston powered engines, or the roar of jet engines, it is all just exhilarating! I even had the honour of riding in a Lancaster Bomber a few years back, and it was quite fun! I rode in the bombardier station, and that glass nose provided the best view I could ever imagined! I am constantly amazed by the amount of technology that went into such works, considering powered flight had only existed for about 40 years at that point.
    ......but I'm terrified of heights so I hate getting on them (I actually hate every bit of the flight, from takeoff to the trip, to landing)
    Don't worry. Even if the plane does fall from the air, cats always land on their feet. :D
  • Options
    rosharosha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    No we don't run those projects because they are a waste of resources. Wait for a few days, the embassy upgrade will be available soon enough, and any fleetmarks you waste means we're going to need more time or more farming to fill upgrades. And i don't want to farm the no win scenario again for 10-15 days because marks were wasted in useless projects and no one else is contributing. :)

Yes i know it's frustrating but we're already stalling because some people think it's smart to fill projects with cheap doffs and leave the expensive ones to people like me. I can't even open starbase doff boxes because science doffs slots are always full and we usually get like 1 medical/5 science from requisitions. Anyway.

Actually I've been emptying hundreds of emails from Doffs. It's got absolutely nothing to do with cheap or expensive, they're getting filled with what's on hand :)

I agree tho, they're really cut back on medical doffs from the boxes - heck even the fleet ones don't seem to give a decent ratio anymore. Last night I obtained 64 science, to get my first medical.... lame
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »

/signed
    No need to waste ressources on slot 5!

I have the same problem, i usually get my white doffs from the grinder at the academy and i have currently legions of Sci doffs too(executing them en mass), blocking everything, and sci is *always* full.
    I refuse to buy the expensive ones if i can't get "rid" of at least a few of the cheaper DOFFs(wich would allow me to dismantle further greens).
    Oh, and btw:A dev implied last week that the "medical" requirement may change to medical OR science, so Tier 5 will be doable for FSF within a reasonable timeframe (and with reasonable financial efforts).
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    rosharosha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    valenn1 wrote: »
    /signed
    Oh, and btw:A dev implied last week that the "medical" requirement may change to medical OR science, so Tier 5 will be doable for FSF within a reasonable timeframe (and with reasonable financial efforts).

So it will be like the chef thing then, as i currently have 123 emails with 5 science doffs each - ready to go. now if only I could burn out the last of my tactical doffs...we'd be good.
  • Options
    sirepicalsirepical Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Over the weekend while on a trip I left STO up waiting to not see that launching had failed, and it finally connected.

On my way back I also saw a black Lamborghini with the license T IZZY-1.

Suspicious... :P
    edited April 2013
    sirepical wrote: »
    On my way back I also saw a black Lamborghini with the license T IZZY-1.
    What the? Ashkrik....Has....Lamborghini? :eek:
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I have over 10,000 data samples in my bank. Please, for the love of Ferasa, focus on projects in slot five that use data samples. We have more than we know what to do with (and there are no more starbase projects, per devs).
    edited April 2013
    Woot

Got my trophy: http://imgur.com/x07WieL
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    rosha wrote: »
    Woot

Got my trophy: http://imgur.com/x07WieL

How many shards can you collect a day? Is there a cool off?