What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate Problem

Comments

• Options
    spyro02spyro02 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I seem to be getting something similar as mine comes up with "The patchclient got a message while it was in a statewith no responce function" the only way I seem to have over come the yproblem is having to reinstall the game after deleting all files from my PC and it is getting really annoying
  • Options
    spyro02spyro02 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    That happened to me so your not alone leadme2kirk
  • Options
    bloctoadbloctoad Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    And this is on the Cryptic recommended downloaded launcher rather than the normal launcher. So we have to download another new launcher I guess?
    Jack Emmert: "Starfleet and Klingon. ... So two factions, full PvE content."
    Al Rivera hates Klingons
    Star Trek Online: Agents of Jack Emmert
    All cloaks should be canon.
  • Options
    c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The Launcher won't even start for me now! Times out after 2 attempts to update! :(

EDIT: seems I was replying to a previous page
  • Options
    bloctoadbloctoad Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So downloading a new launcher at least got the launcher up. I'm a bit tired of grabbing new launchers every week.
    Jack Emmert: "Starfleet and Klingon. ... So two factions, full PvE content."
    Al Rivera hates Klingons
    Star Trek Online: Agents of Jack Emmert
    All cloaks should be canon.
  • Options
    c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    bloctoad wrote: »
    So downloading a new launcher at least got the launcher up. I'm a bit tired of grabbing new launchers every week.

Agreed... However, I'm hoping a new download is worth it and it works for me too. And I thought all this was sorted out yesterday with all our tracert reporting/feedback and extended downtime? Apparently not! :(

EDIT: Okay, re-downloading the launcher worked, but please devs... try and nail this problem down so that we don't have to keep on doing this... Please! Thanks. ;)
  • Options
    fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Before the last fix i would time out every 10minutes or so, after your last fix i was fine.
    Now tonights fix and i get timed out again.

Is this ever going to work?
  • Options
    inspektorherringinspektorherring Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Same launcher, different problem.
    I can open the launcher just fine but it hangs near the end of the patch.
    I restarted the launcher, straight away the patching progress moved to 81%, 76/93mb but no matter how long it downloaded (received amount kept growing) it would stay at approx 75/90mb patched.

I have seen a few snippets here and there of people with this problem, but no one ever mentions a solution. :(
  • Options
    gooberjones1701gooberjones1701 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    After loading and unloading about everything I could think of, I deleted all STO files and erase my temporary internet files - so there was (almost) no evidence that STO had ever been on my computer. Then I went about the slow process of reloading the game and downloading the updated launcher. That's so I could get the launcher window...but it still wouldn't download the patch or patches to actually get the "engage" button to light up.

So, I switched over to the tribble server and then it started to load the patch. I had to have the tribble server updated before I could get the patch to download on the holodeck. After that, it started up - well, it's started up now for a couple of days - so we'll see what happens after the next patch.
  • Options
    reinshinereinshine Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Same problem here
  • Options
    kreugekreuge Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Been trying for 30 mins. Launcher continues to timeout.
  • Options
    kreugekreuge Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Done trying. Once in awhile it lets you on and then kicks you. BSGO is up. I will go there.
  • Options
    darkangel12893darkangel12893 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    started having issues again at 10:00 on the dot
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    im logged in but dont know how long its gonna last tho
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    im logged in but dont know how long its gonna last tho

=.= not working again
  • Options
    kirby32kirby32 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    From 2140 EST until now I again had to use a VPN connection in order to login and play Star Trek Online. I'm on the east coast of the United States.
  • Options
    kerryleblanckerryleblanc Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    Looks like at least for me the patching once again stops at 81%, the patcher still tries to download but went over the amount that was needed :(
  • Options
    newfrickinshownewfrickinshow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    New to the whole MMORP stuff and online gaming in general and could use some help getting my downloaded Star Trek Online to work. I'm getting the same:

"Trying to update the launcher, please be patient..." After the second attempt i get a Patcher Error window saying "The Patchclient got a message while it was in a state of no response function"

message I've seen that others appear to be getting. Sounds like the principal solution is manually downloading an updated version of the launcher, makes sense but I have no idea where to find it or where I go to locate it. If somebody could take a minute to link me up, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
  • Options
    rangerryurangerryu Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    New to the whole MMORP stuff and online gaming in general and could use some help getting my downloaded Star Trek Online to work. I'm getting the same:

"Trying to update the launcher, please be patient..." After the second attempt i get a Patcher Error window saying "The Patchclient got a message while it was in a state of no response function"

message I've seen that others appear to be getting. Sounds like the principal solution is manually downloading an updated version of the launcher, makes sense but I have no idea where to find it or where I go to locate it. If somebody could take a minute to link me up, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=505501

there you go.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    That fixed that problem but now I'm getting another error message.

Couldn't create D3D device. IDirect3D9::CreateDevice failed with hr D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE (0x8876086a)

I'm going to try updating to Direct X 11 but beyond that I'm not sure of what to try.
  • Options
    duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Unable to connect to patch server.

Launcher error with both the new AND the old launchers.

The same on 2 separate computers, both running just fine till yesterday.

error report:

130423 06:23:46 1 [1]: Launcher PCL Error The connection was idle for too long
    130423 06:32:46 1 [1]: Launcher PCL Error The connection was idle for too long
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I'm beginning to think that this simply is not going to happen on this computer. I finally got through that by updating my driver and got yet a new problem. For anybody willing to give me an idea or two towards fixing it, the message I get is as follows;

"A required vertex shader failed to compile or load. This failure may be due to unsupported hardware on your system, in which case this failure may persist every time you attempt to start the client."

I may try re-downloading the entire program and re-launching as a 'one last thing' type of resort but other than that I'm getting a little tired of the fighting. Hope to hear some ideas though, TTYL.
  • Options
    scorpion11207scorpion11207 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    do any one have a problem to get the launcher update. i cant get it to work. every time i hit the launcher i get a ERROR that the cryptic game laucher wont work. do any one now how to get it fix
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Unable to connect. :(
  • Options
    discloneddiscloned Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Attention, attention!

work around:

DO NOT LAUNCH STEAM
    if its launched, exit it

locate steam folder (program files\steam... etc)
    open steam folder
    open "steamapps"
    open <username> (thats a folder using your steam name)
    open "common"
    open "star trek online"
    execute star trek online.exe (.exe may not show depending on your folder settings)

then you get a pretty ugly launcher window (no background, no icons - just plain text with white background)

you should see two fields wich you can edit
    the first one is your account name (probably already filled in)
    enter your password in the second field below
    click "submit" button

the launcher is patching now, wait for "ready"

now click the last red-cross icon grapic placeholder (its the connect button)
    now the game should launch as usual

OPEN THE GATES!
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    launcher refuses to patch it starts says patching n does not do any thing ive been trying for a hour now. ive down loaded the launcher again n thats not helped tyryed force veffi that does the same thing :(
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 748 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Take it easy: Neverwinter is having its softlaunch today, so Cryptic's account, patch and shard servers are being pretty contingented. It'll probably take awhile for Cryptic to compensate for the demand.
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    launcher is toltaly broken it wont patch holodeck or tribble left it trying to patch both for around 30 mins each
    dont mean at same time ether
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    voxcapitalisvoxcapitalis Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi guys,

I was having the same problem, but with the new Neverwinter game (and I figured this thread would be helpful, since you've done more troubleshooting)

In any case, I found a quick fix that worked for me! Please try this, and see if it helps you.
    NOTE: I had unsuccessfully tried private and public VPN, multiple ISPs (home, phone tethering, etc..) and those did not resolve the issue. This did work, and it's so fast and easy:

Go to your game client, logs, and move the folder to the desktop. Then attempt to run the client. Actually, I only moved a few of the logs (not combat), but just to make sure.

That was enough, it worked for me after trying hours for everything else.

If that still doesn't work, try moving other non-essential components (don't delete, just move), and the game will either crash, or stand a better chance of defaulting to the proper connection.

Good luck! Let me know how it turns out.