test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Skill Planner

Comments

• attilio87attilio87 Member Posts: 264 Media Corps
    edited April 2013
    mattimeo97 wrote: »
    Basically unable to use the skill planner. Have been trying for 3-4 days now, and simply cannot get it to work. The page times out, refuses to load 99% of the time, and when it does load it does so slowly, and all the Java is broken. I simply want to access a couple of old saved skill trees for characters I left hanging, but I can't even seem to do that. I have tried Firefox, EE, and Chrome, and it does the same thing in all of them. I have run things in safe mode, disabling all of my usual adblocker/security plugins, and still can't get this to work. I am at a loss for what the problem could be. I experience no similar problems anywhere else.

Contact me through the website (http://www.stoacademy.com/contact.php) with a list of your links and I'll check it out from there. Hopefully I'll be able to resolve it.
    attilio.png
  • latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    attilio87 wrote: »
    You've got me stumped. I'm on it now and it's working fine. Try it again, maybe clear your browser's cache. If you're still having a problem contact me through the site's contact page, I can check if there is anything odd with your account that could be causing this but I honestly doubt it.

I cleared my cache, and still the same. At the top of the page, I get a 'warning' box:

Warning [2] array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array - Line: 295 - File: inc/class_session.php PHP 5.3.19 (Linux)

File Line Function
    [PHP] errorHandler->error
    /inc/class_session.php 295 array_merge
    /inc/class_session.php 73 session->load_user
    /global.php 55 session->init
    /home/stoaisgr/public_html/_sqlc.php 19 require_once
    /home/stoaisgr/public_html/tools/skillplanner/index.php 3 include_once
    edited April 2013
    latinumbar wrote: »
    I cleared my cache, and still the same. At the top of the page, I get a 'warning' box:

Warning [2] array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array - Line: 295 - File: inc/class_session.php PHP 5.3.19 (Linux)

File Line Function
    [PHP] errorHandler->error
    /inc/class_session.php 295 array_merge
    /inc/class_session.php 73 session->load_user
    /global.php 55 session->init
    /home/stoaisgr/public_html/_sqlc.php 19 require_once
    /home/stoaisgr/public_html/tools/skillplanner/index.php 3 include_once

I'll look into it and see if I can figure out what's causing the error. Thanks.
    attilio.png
  • mattimeo97mattimeo97 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Contact me through the website (http://www.stoacademy.com/contact.php) with a list of your links and I'll check it out from there. Hopefully I'll be able to resolve it.

I can't even access the rest of the STO Academy site with any regularity from the computer in question. I did manage with my other computer, however.

They share the same connection, and the only difference I can nail down between the two is that the one that won't load the site properly is running XP, and the one that will is running Vista. Could that have something to do with it, in some roundabout way?

I can see about trying to get you the error logs, but in all three browsers on the XP machine, the page fails to load properly due to all sorts of .css load errors, .png load errors, etc. All three browsers are up to date and sterile at this time. (No security plugins, add-ons, etc. to interfere.)
    edited April 2013
    mattimeo97 wrote: »
    I can't even access the rest of the STO Academy site with any regularity from the computer in question. I did manage with my other computer, however.

They share the same connection, and the only difference I can nail down between the two is that the one that won't load the site properly is running XP, and the one that will is running Vista. Could that have something to do with it, in some roundabout way?

I can see about trying to get you the error logs, but in all three browsers on the XP machine, the page fails to load properly due to all sorts of .css load errors, .png load errors, etc. All three browsers are up to date and sterile at this time. (No security plugins, add-ons, etc. to interfere.)

I'm really not sure what the problem is. I just tested it on one of my XP comps using the latest Chrome browser and IE8, both are working perfectly.
    attilio.png
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm having similar issues as posted above. When I go to this site, I get this result.

:(

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
    edited April 2013
    I'm having similar issues as posted above. When I go to this site, I get this result.

:(

Can you check it now and let me know if you're still seeing that. Thanks.
    attilio.png
    edited April 2013
    Can you check it now and let me know if you're still seeing that. Thanks.
    Appears to be working now. I was able to log in and view the planner.

Thank you!

:)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
    edited April 2013
    Appears to be working now. I was able to log in and view the planner.

Thank you!

:)

Yay!! You're welcome! :D
    attilio.png
  • jplatimerjplatimer Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Great to see the skill planner featured on the STO main page! Congrats again!

And I religiously read your newsletter, too!

Question (it may be answered somewhere but I didn't see it): Is getting a skill past 100 give you anything? In other words, if I have character trait + skill bonus + device= 129, for example, do those 29 extra points just vanish? Or do they roll over into something else?

Thanks for all you do!
    edited April 2013
    jplatimer wrote: »
    ...Question (it may be answered somewhere but I didn't see it): Is getting a skill past 100 give you anything? In other words, if I have character trait + skill bonus + device= 129, for example, do those 29 extra points just vanish?
    There is no hard cap on skills. Increasing skill beyond 99 does continue to provide benefit (the points don't vanish).

For example, my main Sci toon Pym, has a drain build. She has Rank 9 Flow Capacitors (99 base skill) + 10 skill from her Astrophysicist trait, +90 from 3x Romulan Mk XI Flow Cap consoles. That total 199 FC allows her Energy Siphon II to provide a 35.9 energy transfer. :cool:

Most skills continue providing direct bonus, no matter how high you raise them (as above). However, some skills benefit applications that do have hard caps or diminishing returns. For example, Ship's Power is hard-capped, and Hull Resistance gets hit hard by DR, so the four Systems Performance skills (in the former case) or Hull Plating, Threat Control, and Armor Reinforcements (in the latter) might be less valuable as you get higher skilled.

• bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I love the new look and functions of the skill planner, Atillo.:D
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
    edited April 2013
    jplatimer wrote: »
    Great to see the skill planner featured on the STO main page! Congrats again!

And I religiously read your newsletter, too!

Question (it may be answered somewhere but I didn't see it): Is getting a skill past 100 give you anything? In other words, if I have character trait + skill bonus + device= 129, for example, do those 29 extra points just vanish? Or do they roll over into something else?

Thanks for all you do!

Since you already got your questions answered I'll just say, thank you!
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    I love the new look and functions of the skill planner, Atillo.:D

Thanks! Glad you love it.
    attilio.png
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    yep, it's definitely getting better with each passing day :D

one question though; no mesh weaver hangars yet? or elite hangars besides the scorpions and JH attack ships?
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    edited April 2013
    yep, it's definitely getting better with each passing day :D

one question though; no mesh weaver hangars yet? or elite hangars besides the scorpions and JH attack ships?

I'll look into adding them. I know some of the fleet items might be missing because my fleet hasn't unlocked them all yet (getting there though). As soon as I can I'll add the mesh weaver and other elites. Thanks.
    attilio.png
    edited April 2013
    I'll look into adding them. I know some of the fleet items might be missing because my fleet hasn't unlocked them all yet (getting there though).
    yep, i see that with a lot of fleets; so many of them are focusing on something OTHER than science, even though there are hundreds, if not thousands, of people waiting impatiently to see what kind of elite hangars are on offer, and what kind of stats they have...personally, i hope every hangar has an elite version; none of this 'only faction-specific hangars' nonsense like with the elite weapons

anyway, i'll be eagerly waiting for the inclusion of the mesh weaver hangars, and thanks again for your efforts, and for making such an extraordinary tool in the first place
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    edited April 2013
    well, i'm not sure what happened with today's update, but i can't load any of my saved builds now; just get stuck with a perpetual loading bar...and i have 20 of them, so i really hope i don't have to redo them all, because that would just suck :(

EDIT: and even a brand new one i just made won't load either

#LegalizeAwoo

edited April 2013
    well, i'm not sure what happened with today's update, but i can't load any of my saved builds now; just get stuck with a perpetual loading bar...and i have 20 of them, so i really hope i don't have to redo them all, because that would just suck :(

EDIT: and even a brand new one i just made won't load either

Can you please test it now and let me know what happens. Also give me the link to the brand new one. You won't have to redo them all since the data still exists in the database.

EDIT: Just did a quick test, it might not work but let me know anyway.
    attilio.png
    edited April 2013
    Can you please test it now and let me know what happens. Also give me the link to the brand new one. You won't have to redo them all since the data still exists in the database.
    actually, the data exists on my desktop; it's downloaded files i can't load, not builds saved on the site, because i don't do that

#LegalizeAwoo

edited April 2013
    actually, the data exists on my desktop; it's downloaded files i can't load, not builds saved on the site, because i don't do that

Alright, I'm going to keep playing around with it and post here as soon as I have an update.
    attilio.png
    edited April 2013
    Alright, I'm going to keep playing around with it and post here as soon as I have an update.
    thanks; hope you can find the problem quickly, as i want to load up one of my recluse builds and swap its widows with the newly-added mesh weavers :D

#LegalizeAwoo

edited April 2013
    thanks; hope you can find the problem quickly, as i want to load up one of my recluse builds and swap its widows with the newly-added mesh weavers :D

Try it out now, I believe I found the problem. If not then send me an email through the site we'll go from there. I may need a copy of your files to play around with. Although I'm pretty certain it'll work now.
    attilio.png
    edited April 2013
    Try it out now, I believe I found the problem. If not then send me an email through the site we'll go from there. I may need a copy of your files to play around with. Although I'm pretty certain it'll work now.
    yep, it all works now! thanks for the quick fix

and now, i'm off to modify some builds; TTFN!

#LegalizeAwoo

edited April 2013
    yep, it all works now! thanks for the quick fix

and now, i'm off to modify some builds; TTFN!

WOO! :D Have fun!
    attilio.png
    edited April 2013
    I just want to let everyone know that the skill planner will be slowly updated for Legacy of Romulus. I plan on having the Tholian reputation as well as at least the Tier 1 ships available in the planner around the same time as LOR is released. From there I'll add the rest of the ships as quickly as possible. The warp core slot will also be added and I'll complete most of the warp core item data as possible.

Images for the ships, items, etc. might not be available right away. I'll get those in the planner as soon as I can as well. As you all know, there is a lot of new stuff coming and I need to update the planner and the rest of the site. I'll be working as quickly as possible to bring everything to you.
    attilio.png
  • arallvorkosigan1arallvorkosigan1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hi all
    i really do not know where to ask this ,but where ever i try i cant cos me acc is new.
    So this is problem , i haw created STO acc and downloaded game about 2 days ago,when i try to login to play it say wrong user name or password ,but when i come to STO web page user name and password are ok and i can login,so what did i do wrong ,THX for your time.
    edited April 2013
    Hi all
    i really do not know where to ask this ,but where ever i try i cant cos me acc is new.
    So this is problem , i haw created STO acc and downloaded game about 2 days ago,when i try to login to play it say wrong user name or password ,but when i come to STO web page user name and password are ok and i can login,so what did i do wrong ,THX for your time.

If you are having trouble logging into the game you'll need to contact Cryptic. You can do it on this page https://support.perfectworld.com by creating a ticket.
    attilio.png
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I need help. I have a new science officer I have no idea how to skill her. I will be playing science ships.. but I do like some escorts like defiant and some some cruisers. How should I skill myself? I usually like to use heal a lot.

What ships do you recommend for me?
    edited May 2013
    I need help. I have a new science officer I have no idea how to skill her. I will be playing science ships.. but I do like some escorts like defiant and some some cruisers. How should I skill myself? I usually like to use heal a lot.

What ships do you recommend for me?

So sorry about the very late reply. I've just been busy getting the site ready for the expansion next week.

Any ship is perfectly fine. I always tell people if you like it then use it. I assume you'll be doing mostly PvE rather than PvP so in that case it doesn't matter much. If you want to focus on healing than I would suggest going with a science vessel. Are you interested in buying ships from the C-Store or just using free ships?
    attilio.png
  • generator88generator88 Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello,

Let me open with the fact that I love the planner, and appreciate the obvious labor of love that it represents.

Having buttered you up, I will now ask, any chance that species and Traits are ever going to find their way into it?

Thanks for all your time spent on this.

Gen
    =================

I'm sure your DPS is great, but as Kahless said, "a petaQ with high system mastery is still a petaQ." (Well, he should have said it...!)
This discussion has been closed.