Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (April 4, 2013)

Comments

• Options
    alnitekalnitek Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, April 4th, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 4 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

UPDATE #1 (4/4 @ 9:57AM PDT): Our new ETA is 1PM PDT (2 hours later than originally thought). We are performing a pretty significant network maintenance and update today so this also affects our other Cryptic games. The goal of the maintenance is to reduce latency and connection issues. Please also note that this maintenance could cause connection to the site and launcher to be intermittent. Thanks for your patience and understanding. We'll get you back in-game ASAP.

UPDATE #2 (4/4 @ 10:17AM PDT): It looks like our Engineers are going to need a bit more time. New ETA is 2PM PDT. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

We will be performing shard maintenance on April 4th from 7 AM-1 AM PST (1400-2000 UTC). NOTE: This maintenance has been extended until 1pm

Can you people make sense of this?
  • Options
    sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's now saying 20:00 UTC, which is going to work out at 21:00 GMT, so it's still 90 minutes away. Just enough time for a game of football :rolleyes:

7am-1am doesn't make any sense, unless it's going to be down 18 hours.
  • Options
    skquigeskquige Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    darimund wrote: »
    lol the patcher says "We will be performing shard maintenance on April 4th from 7AM-1AM PST, note maintenance has been extended until 1 PM."

lessee, carry the 7... yep, according to the patcher, this maintenance will run for 30 hours

not seprised lol
  • Options
    sdavistatorsdavistator Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Conflicting times:

"We will be performing shard maintenance on April 4th from 7 AM- 1 AM PST (1400-2000 UTC). Note This maintenance has been extended until 1pm"

Besides that, we in the USA are in daylight savings time. So that should be PDT.
  • Options
    nchitmannchitman Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ummm 2 o.clock were in Japan ... because im on the east coast and it's 2:30 here and it's not up and hasnt been all day !!!
  • Options
    alzleealzlee Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    LMAO... So do I ... being in IT... I always ALWAYS apply the Scotty rule to promised deliverables. The whole exchange between Scotty and LaForge duting that TNG episode made me laugh so hard, I almost (and quite possibly did) pee myself a little.

It has become part of my new IT Employee Training Orientation Check List.

"Relics" Episode where LaForge found Montgomery Scotts Pattern in the Freighter's Transporter Buffer?
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    LMAO... So do I ... being in IT... I always ALWAYS apply the Scotty rule to promised deliverables. The whole exchange between Scotty and LaForge duting that TNG episode made me laugh so hard, I almost (and quite possibly did) pee myself a little.

It has become part of my new IT Employee Training Orientation Check List.

:D
    Im a hardware tech so when I blow the estimate I blame it on the parts department. At least I'm comforted in knowing I'm not the only one to use Scotty's rule in RL.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    7 hour long maintenance? are you kidding me. I just hope the patch actually fixes more things than it breaks this time...
  • Options
    johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yes, Relics was the episode.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • Options
    dedededahmdedededahm Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We will be performing shard maintenance on April 4th from 7 AM-1 AM PST (1400-2000 UTC). NOTE: This maintenance has been extended until 1pm

such shoddy notices....

7am -1am pst? is that 1pm?
    1400-2000 UTC? past that. do you mean 2100 UTC?

and since your extending the maintenance can you fix the tholian alert to allow a new instance once one has finished or has a full team? and can you auto-team people for these instances please?
  • Options
    laevorlaevor Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    alnitek wrote: »

Can you people make sense of this?

Isnt it obvious? There is a rift in the space-time continuim err...time zone conversion thingy:eek:
  • Options
    tavia12tavia12 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    questerius wrote: »
    Cryptic needs some miracle workers :P

Now it cant be authenticated.... what the heck?
  • Options
    skquigeskquige Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    well im going to world of tanks see you all in 2 h if you join me look foe Skquige
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Okay so now 9pm GMT wonder what they broke this time Oh yeah they have already broken the game now there making sure it stays broken
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pointedearspointedears Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    so what was broken this time ? :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darimunddarimund Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    crytpic's used time travel in sto so much they've confused themselves!
  • Options
    roswellgornakroswellgornak Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Until 1AM?

What takes 18 hrs to update?
  • Options
    milen93milen93 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    At least put the new dev blog, so we can have something to read :rolleyes:
  • Options
    benoliverwillockbenoliverwillock Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jameskirke wrote: »
    Ok, after reading and ReReading the First post, I realize that this site is going to be DOWN for quite awhile. If I'm wrong I apologise, but as far as I can tell, this is how its looking for a startup time:

2pm - Pacific Time
    3pm - Mountain Time
    4pm - Central Time
    5pm - Eastern Time
    6pm - Atlantic Time

Ok... this is Good to know.

Alternatively, give the UTC time (14:00 - 20:00) and then work it out from there.

BST (Current UK Time) = UTC+1 = 9PM
    East Coast USA = UTC-5 = 3PM
    West Coast USA = UTC -8 = 12 Midday
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    this all seems like an opening to a bad joke...

how many cryptic employees does it take to figure out what time it is?
  • Options
    ullikahullikah Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Let's compare time zones, so everyone can figure out, at what time to come back.

It is now 20:37 CET (GMT+1), should be 19:37 GMT

I'll be watchinh Tottenham Euroleage in the meantime than.
  • Options
    xpandarenx007xpandarenx007 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    And now, if you check the front of this thread, it has been extended an additional hour. 7 hour maintenance (if not longer).
  • Options
    snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    7 hour maintenance with the launcher maintenance announcement time being screwy. what a day,o what a day.:P
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Captains, please read my post above :) Our Engineers are doing very important work today and that requires this downtime. We apologize for the inconvenience and we want to get you back in-game ASAP.

Also, as I found out while I was writing this, it looks like our Engineers are going to need a bit more time. New ETA is 2PM PDT. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Joke post... If you knew it was going to be "very" important,why wasn't it factored in from the start. My patience and understanding went out the window a very long time ago with the way this MMOG is run.:o

Play this game anywhere but the States and you get the thin end of the wedge everytime.
  • Options
    stulloydstulloyd Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Rite so if estimated time PDT is 1pm. Then in UK we are 7 hours ahead of that. So it will be 8pm GMT. Hence the 2000 UTC. Which would be correct if u live in the UK. LOL.
  • Options
    polie05polie05 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Its patching right now. 502 mb
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    snakeswar2 wrote: »
    7 hour maintenance with the launcher maintenance announcement time being screwy. what a day,o what a day.:P

this is just a typical Thursday at cryptic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D5Sa2Yq-2g
  • Options
    captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    my launcher just worked,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but 7am-1am pst 14.00-22.00 utc extended to 1pm..??????..i dont get that...
  • Options
    tw3tw3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Are they saying it will take 12 hrs to fix this? if its 1am their time?
  • Options
    alexsanderitaalexsanderita Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The goal of the maintenance is to reduce latency and connection issues.

It looks like our Engineers are going to need a bit more time.

It's from last year end I am one of those with these issues, I cannot even play at all without crashing every few minutes.

I am glad this is finally being addressed.

So take even the whole day if this will end the problem, I will wait for the moment I will prompt the launcher and came back. ;)

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Thank you all for the tireless work. :)
    I still dream from time to time about using the Gateway to doff off-game in spare minutes as we were told
This discussion has been closed.