test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Increased Lag after patch? (due to saucer separation and like powers - fix incoming))

1235»

Comments

• pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited March 2013
    dalolorn wrote: »
    Brandon, I know this is far from ideal, but have any of the devs considered temporarily blocking all visuals while the fix is being implemented? I have a feeling there'd be far less complaints about that than about lag. :o

I don't think that's possible, unfortunately.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • dozingdawgdozingdawg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    [
    As I posted earlier in this thread (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=8871781&postcount=46), a bug with saucer separation and like abilities is the culprit. When a player activates a separation power, it seems to affect the game performance of anyone around them. The team is aware and working on a fix to implement ASAP.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Great news, Thanks!!!
    Quityerbellyachin'
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Geez why can't they just roll back the patch, what's going on right now is acting very much like a memory leak. Lately "Server stability enhancements" seems to be the cover term for ninjaing in a bunch of tweaks that may not have been needed. As it is I will probably be spending the weekend playing a non cryptic game, which is pissing me off since I just bought an MVAE that I can't use until they un-fubar this.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Geez why can't they just roll back the patch, what's going on right now is acting very much like a memory leak. Lately "Server stability enhancements" seems to be the cover term for ninjaing in a bunch of tweaks that may not have been needed. As it is I will probably be spending the weekend playing a non cryptic game, which is pissing me off since I just bought an MVAE that I can't use until they un-fubar this.

As far as I can tell, it works fine if you disable visuals on any item that has visuals. :P

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • niussussniussuss Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ok, so how does one pick and choose which items to disable visuals for?
  • fletch57fletch57 Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    7:40pm EST. game still sluggish/not reponding.what are they waiting for?,plz roll back to different patch!:mad:
  • mikediggermikedigger Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It is the same on nearly all online games, they do a fix and more TRIBBLE happens, you really wonder if there is really no one out there who knows there job anymore. When i grew up ( yes I am that old) there was something called testing and quality control. Now everything these days seem to be jerry rigged. Stop adding stuff and fix what you have first!!! maybe even pay at least one decent salary and hire one top guy.
    And a small tip why you might have a saucer seperation bug trust me I get disconnected now and have lag without anyone around me using seperation, unless you define " nearby" as playing on the same server.
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've been watching the game freeze up in areas where there are no separation animations taking place, even in ground maps, I'm finding it hard to believe it all due to just the separation effects unless those effects now have the ability to bork the server across instances and maps globally.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited March 2013
    We're conducting emergency maintenance to resolve this issue: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=600631

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.