Install Arc
Options

Legacy of Romulus Revealed!

Comments

• Options
    emraejemraej Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    cehus wrote: »
    not impressed by the fact that you are going to level 1-50 starting with any faction?

Could we be playable Hirogen? Obviously Romulan and Reman.
  • Options
    aziraphaleeliteaziraphaleelite Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Now dont get me wrong, I think you guys do great work and am a big big supporter of STO. I must admit to feeling deflated regarding this (stayed up to midnight). I've been kept in suspense for weeks only to find I still have to wait to May 21 to play. All tease and no play.... I just really hope (like it's been regularly mentioned) that we can see it on Tribble.
  • Options
    phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Now dont get me wrong, I think you guys do great work and am a big big supporter of STO. I must admit to feeling deflated regarding this (stayed up to midnight). I've been kept in suspense for weeks only to find I still have to wait to May 21 to play. All tease and no play.... I just really hope (like it's been regularly mentioned) that we can see it on Tribble.

You're upset that the countdown for info on the May update wouldn't go live until May? :confused:

I have full confidence it'll have at least parts of the update on Tribble test server no later than end of April.
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • Options
    voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    jcsww wrote: »
    With this "Free Torpedo Launcher" being non-existant, maybe this whole new faction will be non-existant also.

Go to the link in the first post, click on the "Prepare Yourself Now" button, and it will tell you that you get a free torpedo launcher when you login. Well... There's no free torpedo launcher that I can find upon logging in and I'm not the only one who can't find this free item.

My guess is that the free Torpedo Launcher is similar to a promo they did a while back. It is for new accounts only. That said, the said Torpedo Launcher (from the previous promo) wasn't all that. It was good if you were starting out, but after a while, it would be useless and easily replaced by higher level gear.
  • Options
    misskoryamisskorya Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yep I'm cool with this, totally down for testing on tribble, can't wait to play those warbirds look amazing. Only question now, what path for the first Rommie Captain. Eng, Tac or Sci?
    Stormwarden Tessara Tharneth

Hellbringer Mera Smoak

Classes Wanted: Druid | Monk | Bard | Sorcerer | Barbarian
    Races Wanted: Half-Orc | Gnome | Warforged
  • Options
    tosfantosfan Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2013

The same thing happened to me, I thought it was launching today, But I have that misconception cleared up now, after some kicking and screaming. I guess we will have to wait untill May.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    HIPPIES. HIPPIES EVERYWHERE.
  • Options
    djsimonroc88djsimonroc88 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I cannot wait to play as a romulan this awesome cryptic thank you! :)
    27457d1244675809-ok-wheres-facepalm-emoticon-double-facepalm.jpg

Face palming the enemy one at a time.
  • Options
    greatbritongreatbriton Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    *theatrical sigh* Oh very well... you may have my custom.

FOR THE STAR EMPIRE!!

Thank you very much, Cryptic!
    Klingon-RomulanAlliance7a_zps2aa8171d.png
  • Options
    derbock203derbock203 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    romulan faction ... oh.. my.. god.. i love you :D
  • Options
    felixhexfelixhex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    so the Klingons are getting missions and going back to 1-50 leveling? If so I love that just as much as another faction being added with their very own missions. And I love the ui color scheme change option. Now when I play as either faction it will begin to feel like different games.
  • Options
    qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It's free! More details about C-Store offerings will be revealed as we get closer to launch :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    So... is it free, or a C-store offering?.. Or are we talking about "C-store offers related to the new free expansion"? Just wanting a bit of clarification here.
    dgbgfnkqi05e.png
  • Options
    thomasfattiestthomasfattiest Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i Cannot Wait To Play As A Romulan This Awesome Cryptic Thank You! :)

Lol Are You Blind?! The Big May 2013 Graphic Didn't Make You Think? Lol
  • Options
    tosfantosfan Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well, all the bickering and complaining that I was making was only because I am excited. I wouldn't complain about not being able to play today if I didn't want to play it.

So, I think I should just say this, thanks Cryptic, for making a 3rd faction. I don't like Klingons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    HIPPIES. HIPPIES EVERYWHERE.
  • Options
    voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    qqqqii wrote: »
    So... is it free, or a C-store offering?.. Or are we talking about "C-store offers related to the new free expansion"? Just wanting a bit of clarification here.

It is Free. You will get to play as a Romulan for free.

My guess is there will be ships/races/uniforms related to the Romulan Faction that are premium (C-store) offerings. But the expansion itself and the Rommie Faction are free.
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013

I would say like with the Feds and KDF. Free faction, C-store extra shiny powerful ships.

Scimitar 3 pack anyone?
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It's free. It's not going to be a Zen Store offering, some of the aspects will be available from the Zen Store, but the actual content is going to be totally free.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    cloudinfinitycloudinfinity Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So we waited 20 days just so that we can wait a month+ ... kinda saw that coming.

Two questions now...

How much will this 'expansion' cost?
    Will this be connected to the original game or some sorta stand alone?
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,418 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    lowestlvl wrote: »
    my ONE free piece of advice to pwe/crypitc... give everyone ONE free character slot at he launch of it

Best suggestion ever.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So we waited 20 days just so that we can wait a month+ ... kinda saw that coming.

Two questions now...

How much will this 'expansion' cost?
    Will this be connected to the original game or some sorta stand alone?
    Repeating myself: It's free. It's not going to be a Zen Store offering, some of the aspects will be available from the Zen Store, but the actual content is going to be totally free.

Note to BranFlakes: Bran, maybe you should add that the expansion is going to be free to the first post of this thread. That way people won't need to ask how much the expansion's going to cost.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    akpaakpa Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    awsome for RP fans. what about rest of us?
    there is nothing about pvp? no fleet vs fleet or something about teritory ocupations that dan stahl spoke in some intervius?
    kdf is unfinished and yet we see another faction?
    i hope we'll see more balanced and more class role requires in instances.

i really like the changes in the UI, the traits system improvements and a new reputation faction (were sure about this).

ps: i really hope that the FED toons will be able to fly in a romulan ship :D
    my post's number is higher than smirk's dps
  • Options
    brougham21brougham21 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    akpa wrote: »
    awsome for RP fans. what about rest of us?
    there is nothing about pvp? no fleet vs fleet or something about teritory ocupations that dan stahl spoke in some intervius?
    kdf is unfinished and yet we see another faction?
    i hope we'll see more balanced and more class role requires in instances.

i really like the changes in the UI, the traits system improvements and a new reputation faction (were sure about this).

ps: i really hope that the FED toons will be able to fly in a romulan ship :D

Not going to Happen unless Cryptic loses its mind...
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    maxvitor wrote: »
    All I know is I want one of these

*drools all over computer*
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    nierionnierion Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm hoping there will be some way to link fleets together from each faction if you are the same fleet. We have a KDF & FED (Primarily FED though) fleet and soon a Romulan fleet to follow. I'm not saying I would like the option to contribute to the other factions projects, but even if its a tab that just allows you to look at your other factions project status and roster, as well as automatically linking all the fleet chat to the same channel if you are the same fleet but display user names in a different color so you know what faction they are on.
    api.php?action=streamfile&path=%2F187011%2FFleet%20Files%2FMember%20Signatures%2FNierion.png&u=146876
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    akpa wrote: »
    i really hope that the FED toons will be able to fly in a romulan ship :D

And so it begins ... , the Fed QQ for Rommy stuffs . :eek:
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,799 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My guess is that the free Torpedo Launcher is similar to a promo they did a while back. It is for new accounts only. That said, the said Torpedo Launcher (from the previous promo) wasn't all that. It was good if you were starting out, but after a while, it would be useless and easily replaced by higher level gear.

Nothing says anything about it being for new accounts only! :mad:
  • Options
    startrekkin81startrekkin81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    lin718 wrote: »
    I wonder what the Romulan Empire races will be?

If I had to guess... Romulan, Remen... Cant think of any others.
  • Options
    startrekkin81startrekkin81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    lowestlvl wrote: »
    my ONE free piece of advice to pwe/crypitc... give everyone ONE free character slot at he launch of it

I endorse this idea for serious consideration.
  • Options
    akpaakpa Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    And so it begins ... , the Fed QQ for Rommy stuffs . :eek:

it wasn't a QQ. i just said i whould like to fly them without rerolling. i love my fed toon and i want to play only with one toon not to fail with 10 like others :P
    my post's number is higher than smirk's dps
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I cant believe people are crying over an LT grade torpedo launcher.

But then again, some people are not happy with all the new lovely KDF content.

New tutorial, lower level starting play, new stfs and new Tholian reputation for all your Klingon needs.

That should be more then enough content for anybody.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If I had to guess... Romulan, Remen... Cant think of any others.

Hirogen makes sense plot-wise. I imagine this, and their ships, will end up as C-Store purchases.

Lib Borg is a must, as is Alien.

Joined Trill is highly possible since the race's main gimmick is being usable in both presently available factions. It'd be logical to include them as well in the Romulan faction.