test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

It's not going to be a romulan faction

thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
I mean we all wish it were, but honestly, it can't be, you know how crappy the KDF side was. In order to properly do a Romulan faction they'd have to have it on the order of the Fed side, and I don't see that happening. They don't have the staff to make that happen, look at how fast season updates have been coming, that's what they are busy working on, season updates and probably new FE's. They haven't even finished the KDF side yet.

So really, I think a lot of you are really reaching thinking it will be a playable romulan faction. Before something like that happens, it'll prolly be lead by a ton of Dev Blogs.

IMO, it's the next FE, that makes the most common sense.
Post edited by thedoctorbluebox on

Comments

• Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    curs0rcurs0r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yep, it very much is. jexsamx beat me to a link :)
    I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Cryptic You have manipulated the circumstances with the skill of a Romulan.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    jexsamx wrote: »

OMG

Excuse me while I eat my words

Ladies and Gentlemen, you will find me on the Romulan side from now on
  • Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    well we find out in 7-8 hours (includes patching time lol)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    curs0rcurs0r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    OMG

Excuse me while I eat my words

Ladies and Gentlemen, you will find me on the Romulan side from now on

I am only too glad to swallow all doubt and pessimism I held toward that particular addition to the game. Being wrong about that just means the game gets better. I hope they prove me wrong more often. Let's start that ball rolling: No way will we ever get an active view from the bridge or other windows on our ships.
    I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    curs0r wrote: »
    No way will we ever get an active view from the bridge or other windows on our ships.

One step at a time. :cool:
  • Options
    koppenflakkoppenflak Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    AWWWW... Yiss! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    wow i got to eat some crow now... well... yeah iam kinda shocked, i honestly think the time should of been invested more into the kdf *shrug* just my view point. Well ill be making a romulan for sure, always loved their ships
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • Options
    redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    me no hablo allemand
    Server not responding (1701 s)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    TOS Romulan Bird of Prey FTW!!!!!!!!
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Ok, i don't speak german, but i do French:

Here's what the French text says (copy/paste):
    Romulus et R?mus sont d?truites. Vous ?tes l'un des survivants, luttant pour survivre ? la suite d'une destruction indescriptible.

Votre peuple vit une ?poque sombre et dangereuse, les Tal Shiar ?crasent toute r?bellion et de myst?rieuses cr?atures s?ment la terreur dans les colonies lointaines.

Vous devrez reconstruire un empire. Assemblez vos alli?s, travaillez sous couverture, et trouvez la preuve qui ralliera les peuples ? votre r?volte.

Ensemble vous pourrez vous soulever contre l'oppresseur et r?clamer votre libert?. Vous combattrez pour votre peuple.

Vous ?tes l'h?ritage de Romulus

Here's my best translation in English:

Romulus and Remus are destroyed. You are one of the survivors, fighting for life after an unthinkable destruction.

Your people lives a dark and dangerous period, the Tal'Shiar quiets any rebellions and mysterious creatures spread terror in far reach colonies.

You must rebuild an Empire. Gather your allies, work undercover, and find proof that will rally your people around your revolt.

Together, you will rise against your oppressor and claim your freedom. You fight for your people.

You are the heritage of Romulus.

Have fun with this....
  • Options
    blu3drag0n1977blu3drag0n1977 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    wow i got to eat some crow now... well... yeah iam kinda shocked, i honestly think the time should of been invested more into the kdf *shrug* just my view point. Well ill be making a romulan for sure, always loved their ships

you did see this right?
    START WITH THE FACTION OF YOUR CHOICE
    Create your first character a member of the Federation, the Klingon Empire or the Romulan Republic, captain and lead your level 1 to 50.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    you did see this right?
    For some people, it will never be enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aelrhianaaelrhiana Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The timer already counted down for the Germans, and their page is already up. It IS a Romulan faction! A full blown, 1 - 50 FACTION!

I have been waiting for Romulans since beta, I want them more than anyone alive. I am literally in tears right now because I am so happy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    you did see this right?

Oh i did, which kinda made me intriqued also with some of the screencaps i seen on the site a little kdf orientated,though couldnt make heads or tails. Maybe they went all out and added alot to the kdf *shrug*. Time will tell, iam still kinda speachless but all i know is am yeah stunned lol.

Ill hope for the best but, ill keep things pretty low and be surprised if there alot better come release.
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I will be honest... I still have big eyes and my hand in front of my mouth, looking like an idiot staring at the screen....

Cryptic, if you really pulled this off for ALL 3 FACTIONS, you are on the way to have made one of the best MMO in history and an incredible come back.
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Wow. I never thought I'd see the moment when KDF becomes a full faction, but that's pretty solid proof.
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Pah. You expect them to actually pull that off in less than 2 months? They couldn't build ONE faction to completion in 3 years, and you expect this to happen in under 2 months? This is going to be an unmitigated disaster. And you thought S7 was bad...just watch what they'll take away from you THIS time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    minerkminerk Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    There's even more:
    Neue verbesserte Eigenschaften

Passt eure bestehenden Eigenschaften neu an. Schaltet neue verbesserte Eigenschaften und Fertigkeiten frei, um euren Captain und eure Crew noch weiter zu spezialisieren.

New improved features:

Customize your existing skills. Unlock new features and improved skills to specialize your captain and your crew even further.
    Verbessertes UI

W?hlt die HUD-Farben nach eurem Geschmack. Erlebt ein neues und verbessertes UI mit besseren Optionen und Interaktionen.

improved UI

Selects the HUD colors to suit your taste(not sure if this is properly translated). Experience a new and improved UI with better options and interactions.
    Der stille Feind

Entdeckt die grausame Wahrheit hinter einem geheimnisvollen neuen Feind, der den Beta-Quadranten terrorisiert und euer Volk ausl?schen will.

The Silent Enemy

Discover the horrible truth behind a mysterious new enemy who wants to terrorize the Beta Quadrant and wipe your people.
    R?ckkehr von Kaiserin Sela

Denise Crosby kehrt mit ihrer Rolle als Kaiserin Sela zur?ck. Spielt ein politisches Katz-und-Maus-Spiel und deckt die Intrigen rund um die Zerst?rung von Romulus auf.

Return of Empress Sela

Denise Crosby returns in(?) her role as Empress Sela. Play a political cat-and-mouse(?) game and reveal the intrigue around the destruction of Romulus.
    Tholianischer Ruf

K?mpft f?r diese neue Ruffraktion gegen die Tholianer und schaltet exklusive Belohnungen und Vorz?ge f?r Maximallevel-Captains frei.

Tholian reputation

Fight for this new reputation(?) against Tholian and unlock exclusive rewards and benefits/perks for maximum level Captains.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Pah. You expect them to actually pull that off in less than 2 months? They couldn't build ONE faction to completion in 3 years, and you expect this to happen in under 2 months? This is going to be an unmitigated disaster. And you thought S7 was bad...just watch what they'll take away from you THIS time.

And so it begins.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013

This makes no sense... SO you think they just waited TODAY to start development work on this content? They surely started months ago and will carry on until it gets to tribble then live.

This only a public announcement of what is coming and what has been worked on behind doors.
  • Options
    jaadorjaador Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This makes no sense... SO you think they just waited TODAY to start development work on this content? They surely started months ago and will carry on until it gets to tribble then live.

This only a public announcement of what is coming and what has been worked on behind doors.
    If anything, this would partially explain the longstanding overall content drought we've been experiencing. If they really have been working on this in secret instead of what we assumed was 100% dedicated lockbox TRIBBLE development time, there might be a lot waiting for us.

I'm skeptical that this is the case, but it would be a nice turn of events.
  • Options
    weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    And so it begins.

Actually, it began back in Beta and this skepticism was hard-won by Cryptic.

Given the lack of work paid to systems since F2P (with most discernible effort put into art assets), it's entirely possible they've been working on this since the F2P transition so it is possible (and would explain a lot).

Do I believe Dan and the team are capable of delivering on something this big though? No - there's nothing in that trailer or the screenshots that gets me excited - just the same, tired old game wrapped in some new art assets.
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • Options
    meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited March 2013

It's not 2 months thou.

Season 7 was launched on November 13th, 2012. By my count, that makes it 4 months already, and 2 months to go. And for all we know, they could've been neck deep in development well before Season 7 launched. 6 months+ could potentially be more than enough time to develop a new faction, mostly depending on how many story missions they've made.

- Most of the art assets are already in the game (as NPCs)
    - Several Romulan systems are already in the game
    - Various Romulan themed interiors already in the game

What needs adding, is mostly the ground art assets (uniforms primarily), as well as any unique content (story missions). More than likely, every single existing Feature Episode (20 of them) are already rolled into the leveling progression. 21 if you count the Temporal Ambassador mission. That leaves them with 29 unique missions to develop, at 1 episode per level. But as we already know, the XP numbers while leveling often gives you more than 1 level per mission. Add to that, DOFFing, Mirror Incursion event, Fleet Actions.

In summary: Totally possible.

The question is, how much work has been done to the KDF, in this "mad dash" to add a new faction?
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I will give them (Cryptic) partial credit for what has been announced.... now that we were all blinded by the shiny body of the car, let's see what's under the hood and hope the engine matches the beautiful body.
  • Options
    duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    lol, for all the whiners: THERE IS GOING TO BE A ROMULAN FACTION

i see i am not the first to know

so it will be - grinding DIll for 2 months, finish all the accolades with my KDF main, and waiting...

looking forward to it, thank you Cryptic!
  • Options
    weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    duaths1 wrote: »

Bit late to the party aren't you? :P
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • Options
    pointedearspointedears Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The cats out the bag, ladies and gents START LEVELLING YOUR ROMULANS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    This is going to be awesome. I hope.