test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game hanging repeatedly on load screens

lagunadlagunad Member Posts: 198 Arc User
I have not been able to successfully change zones on any character for the last 30+ minutes.

The load screen counts for several minutes, then I am booted to character selection.

Zone transitions that have hung:

Sol system -> Fleet Starbase System
Fleet Starbase System -> Starbase ("Dock")
Sector space -> Tuffli Bridge

The game is completely unplayable.
Post edited by lagunad on

Comments

• Options
    mattgrantmattgrant Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I was just about to create a thread for the same reason, though I didn't know it was so wide spread as to affect all zone changes. For my part, the game locks up in the loading screen every time I have tried to get to my ship's bridge. I imagine now that if I try any other sort of zoning, the same problem will occur.
  • Options
    jam062307jam062307 Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Games locking up for me when I try to get to my Fleet SB interior.
    STOP THE
    tacofangs wrote: »
    We planned on doing it next weekend, but then we saw your post and were like, "Dude, we should totally move that up a week! Tee Hee!"
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I was thinking of spending some money in game tonight, instead I'm getting "Timeout while waiting for GameServer address".
    I guess I should be thankful to whatever guardian angle is looking out for my wallet.
    If they can't keep it running smoothly now, God now what it's gonna be like when May comes around.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    maltinpolarmaltinpolar Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    lagunad wrote: »
    I have not been able to successfully change zones on any character for the last 30+ minutes.

The load screen counts for several minutes, then I am booted to character selection.

Zone transitions that have hung:

Sol system -> Fleet Starbase System
    Fleet Starbase System -> Starbase ("Dock")
    Sector space -> Tuffli Bridge

The game is completely unplayable.

Aye, aye.

I've been having the same problem, but for the last couple hours. 3 out of 5 load screens freeze indefinitely at under 30% then I get a GameServer Timeout error message then game client crashes either to character selection or to login screen. It's the same with all my toons.
  • Options
    lowqfahlowqfah Member Posts: 0
    edited March 2013
    When I try to map move to New Romulus the game hangs and i get an "Timed out waiting for game server response error". This is the first time moving this character to New Romulus, so i think it is habging on the load for the cinematic.
  • Options
    krilldarnkrilldarn Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    the game has been doinggthe same for me. Every time i try to continue the mission and beam to the planet it grinds to a halt then times out.... Did i really pay for this?
  • Options
    jake477jake477 Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I can't even play it anymore, i just tried a few seconds ago. Total BS i was on a roll with starbase stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • Options
    glave027glave027 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm getting the same issue trying to beam to Sierra for the Minefields mission. Thing that sucks is that if you log out, you get bumped to public space and have to do the patrol fights all over again.
  • Options
    goakiller9001goakiller9001 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Having the same issue.
  • Options
    jake477jake477 Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I sure hope its all of us and not just a few of us since if its only a few Crpytic may not fix it for awhile. They only really care if many have the same problem and even then it takes forever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hey does anyone actually watch the damn servers or do they just punch in and hide somewhere to take a nap?
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited March 2013
    I just posted in another thread. I've got the same issue. I can get in fine on my Fed toon, but not on my KDF. After character select it starts the load screen and hangs there counting until it times out.
  • Options
    harewodeharewode Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm just going to leave my "me too" right here... :P
  • Options
    vinru821vinru821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!! arent we all excited for the timer to end? to end us all with major lag!!!
    :eek:
  • Options
    adjournonadjournon Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I suddenly can't load into my fleet's starbase either.

STO Forum member since 2008, player since 2012 - funny story that
  • Options
    deceon55deceon55 Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I can't even load my ships bridge this is nuts
  • Options
    lame22334lame22334 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Once again that miserable problem has cropped up for me. The launcher loads...i clik engage...i see the cryptic logo...it changes to the starfleet chevron...and.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................43 minutes later...and.......................................................................................................................................................sigh.

This is gettin so old...it just sits there and does nothing with the word loading on bottom of screen...whats it loading? the library of congress? Memory Alpha? sheesh..anyone got an answer for me?
  • Options
    malek3malek3 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Need some help here. Obviously yesterday there were logon problems and such. I have been using a newer laptop that is able to run the game on the highest setting and really enjoying that. Starting yesterday morning, after entering my username and password I was taken to the CRYPTIC loading page, but at that point nothing further happens and I am unable to play......I tried numerous times, but same things keeps happening. I checked the forums and saw posts about issues like this yesterday, but even though the post by Bran says all is well, as of this Tuesday morning Eastern TIme, I am still unable to get passed the CRYPTIC page and the "Fatal Timeout" message. I tried uninstalling the game and re-installing it....no success. Very frustrating. I filed a ticket but nothing other than the automated reply at this time. Any suggestions out there??
  • Options
    lame22334lame22334 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well...1 hour and 9 minutes later..it finally does something...it says invalid login information. For cryin out loud cryptic..come on..really? Fix this crud.
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If you're running firewall software, I'd check to make sure it's not preventing STO from accessing the Internet. That was the culprit last time I had a similar problem.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    s1ckbeards1ckbeard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I find it odd you felt you had to mention that you have a newer laptop and play the game on it's highest settings, which you seem to enjoy
  • Options
    hiplyrustichiplyrustic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Slideshow lag, literally seconds between button press and acknowledgement in space, click engage button for a ground game...and I engage alright...right out of the game to the login screen, disconnected again.

Jesus guys, tell us you have the thing being worked on and that you actually give a damn. Tell us that at least.
  • Options
    hiplyrustichiplyrustic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    And by the way, stop merging threads for different issues. People who are losing the desktop icon shouldn't have their posts hidden in here.

Inappropriate modding.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I find it hard to believe that you would respond to a post that is asking for help and do not offer any suggestions or solutions! And I thought it somewhat germane to the question that I mention those facts. As far as me enjoying the game on it's highest settings, I was amazed at the detail of the graphics! Down to reflections on the personal armor! And also I now enjoy a much smoother gaming experience (WHEN I CAN GET ON!!) and it much enhances the game for me. Have been stuck with a Intel chipset video card on the motherboard that can't be upgraded.
    But the original questions is Why can't I get passed the CRYPTIC PAGE when I attempt to logon? The game worked fine when I originally installed it and I even deleted it and re-installed.
  • Options
    pointedearspointedears Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    its possible something isn't right even after maintenance, there's only 117 people in TTS right now which is low. TTS is usually a good indication on if the servers about to crash. I'm watching the same names trying to log in then leave the room immediately (getting stuck in an infinite loading screen then getting booted out)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captainmd10captainmd10 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think the emergency Maintenence last night did something else. My launcher apparently got removed from the face of my computer, though the icon is still in my taskbar.

EDIT: After searching for it in the "My Computer" Section, I found it.
  • Options
    atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My launcher will not load past the "patch" button. It just sits there like its waiting for a reply. Since I launched the game after the maintenance last night, there's nothing to patch, So I log in directly from the game client. Trying to do that gives me "account server timed out" error.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    My launcher will not load past the "patch" button. It just sits there like its waiting for a reply. Since I launched the game after the maintenance last night, there's nothing to patch, So I log in directly from the game client. Trying to do that gives me "account server timed out" error.

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble also, but glad it's not just me.......although I still can't get past the CRYPTIC screen before the "fatal error" thing comes on!
  • Options
    monshmonsh Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I had a similar problem this morning. There was an artifact of the game still running in the background. If you check your task manager, you should be a able to force-quit the client. After doing that, everything worked fine for me.

I also lost my launcher, which was by far the stranger occurence. No idea what caused this, but I just downloaded the laucher again and carried on with no problem.

Godd luck!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join our cause now!
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    launching the game takes for ever now since the last work on the server for me , and when the game does launch it takes forever for the doff mission menu to load . come on cryptic you have made it more unstable than it was before for me
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING