test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Constant Server disconnects

Comments

• lowqfahlowqfah Member Posts: 0
    edited March 2013
    massive lag here, cant log in, was fine until about a half hour ago then super stutter and crash....i have almost never had this issue.
  • gnugget2gnugget2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What's the deal with the extreme lag? I know I'm not the only one experiencing it, but it sounds like not everyone is noticing it. It's impossible for me to play an multiplayer missions.
  • blastedbinaryblastedbinary Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Same problems here, game ran fine until about 7:45ish PM CST then the servers went haywire and I couldn't even get the launcher to load.
  • archanubisarchanubis Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Same issues as above.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sour118sour118 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Same here. In the middle of an Infected Elite, going great with 8 mins left and we'd started on the final cube...then crud. Rubber-banding all over the place, 250 secs+ of the server not responding until I finally closed the window.

Trying to log-in, launcher takes 2-3 mins to boot up now stuck sitting there trying to patch.

Sorry to the team I was playing with, was going so well.

Nice work once again Cryptic, just in time for the weekend.

EDIT: London UK here.

Same here, ran KASE with almost constant rubberbanding, then when we got to Donatra I got server not responding for like 30 secs, then it came back just long enough for me to jump to where I was supposed to be, then for 60 seconds, then 40. Not all that fun to have the game become completely unplayable at the worst possible time. :(
  • collegepark2151collegepark2151 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Worked fine for me at around 1:00 pm CDT this afternoon and now (8:40 pm CDT) can't get the launcher to come up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porthos is not amused.
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    A shadow looms... :eek:
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Appears that something happened starting about a hour ago, as even connections out of Northern California is suffering from Lag and Rubber-banding. (And this doesn't usually happen with the Comcast backbone...) Symptoms does appear to be improving over time. So I'll just have to wait and see what happens...
  • psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    gfreeman98 wrote: »
    Hmm, and this happens at the same time that the bulk of the western hemisphere is now off of work...

Yeah, must be a router issue... :rolleyes:

I play at this time every day and only today, in the last hour, have I seen server not responding errors along with complaints in in-game chat for the first time in weeks. So get your facts straight.

I'm not stupid. If someone was that patronising to me in real life... Lets just say I hope you think before you speak more than you think before you post because there's little that angers someone more than being patronised. I know that's one of the things that annoys me the most. That's not a threat, btw, just some advice that's good for everyone; use your brain and don't assume things.

That's as good as can make a reply without trolling, flaming, raging while still expressing my displeasure with the post. :cool:
    edited March 2013
    Seems to be working for me now. (NE Texas)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porthos is not amused.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ran another tracert.
    C:\>tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com

Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 9 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.15.1
    2 * * * Request timed out.
    3 8 ms 9 ms 9 ms tge7-1.snantx3600-er02.texas.rr.com [24.28.133.54]
    4 20 ms 24 ms 23 ms tge0-9-0-2.snantx3000-tr02.texas.rr.com [24.175.33.172]
    5 25 ms 23 ms 23 ms agg23.snantx6000-cr01.texas.rr.com [24.175.32.184]
    6 21 ms 23 ms 23 ms agg2.dllatxl3-cr01.texas.rr.com [24.175.32.146]
    7 22 ms 23 ms 23 ms ae-4-0.cr0.dfw10.tbone.rr.com [66.109.6.88]
    8 26 ms 17 ms 16 ms 107.14.17.232
    9 53 ms 51 ms 57 ms te0-7-0-15.ccr21.dfw03.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.11.49]
    10 61 ms 55 ms 56 ms te0-5-0-4.ccr21.dfw01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.88.74]
    11 68 ms 63 ms 62 ms te0-3-0-6.ccr21.mci01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.46.201]
    12 40 ms 38 ms 42 ms te0-1-0-2.ccr21.ord01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.25.82]
    13 * 67 ms 70 ms te0-3-0-1.ccr21.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.42.254]
    14 133 ms 210 ms 210 ms te3-4.ccr01.bos06.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.46.134]
    15 77 ms 70 ms 71 ms 38.111.40.114
    16 67 ms 80 ms 69 ms 208.95.185.41

Trace complete.

Not much different from last night's. Again with te3-4.
  • cordy38cordy38 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Just started getting really slow patch times and then server not responding. Normally I have no problems, just started about 30 mins to an hour ago for me.
    Hmm, now I'm stuck at character loading screen.
    edited March 2013
    Well, spoke too soon. Game got really laggy and then got the server not responding message. I'm going to bed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porthos is not amused.
  • cushionridecushionride Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    this is cryptic telling us to go play ball in the yard or something, now they have our money for the week (aka payday) now the server lags to death, i had a date with the dewitt tonight and im stuck in the top of engineering unable to move. awesome, back to skyrim i guess
  • pokersmith1pokersmith1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Humongous lag. Utterly and thoroughly disgusted by the frequency of occurrence of such lag and rubberbanding.
    Elite Defense Starfleet
    Elite Defense Stovokor
  • cordy38cordy38 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Having similar problems. I was in the game then zoned to a different area, started patching really slowly and eventually got server not responding. Tried to log back in and now the launcher is really slow and then I get stuck at character selection screen loading.
  • pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    "Season 5 Sundays" coming to a Holodeck near you.
  • steve3dsteve3d Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah same problems here too, it was lagging so badly that i just got off. Will try tomorrow hopefully working properly by then :(
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Verizon DSL mid-atlantic near DC. I was getting some small timeouts standing around in the starbase, then I joined an STF and got rubberbanding with lag spikes up to a full minute. Restarted the client and now the patcher cant connect.
  • v4liancev4liance Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hey everyone,

Really sorry about the latency and disconnect issues you're having. Right now, our engineers are aware that some of our players are experiencing these issues, and they're working on fixing it.

Again, I'm really sorry, and I promise we'll get this fixed as soon as possible.

- Val
  • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    psymantis wrote: »
    I play at this time every day and only today, in the last hour, have I seen server not responding errors along with complaints in in-game chat for the first time in weeks. So get your facts straight.

I'm not stupid. If someone was that patronising to me in real life... Lets just say I hope you think before you speak more than you think before you post because there's little that angers someone more than being patronised.

Actually I was partonizing grouchy. Get YOUR facts straight, mmmkay? ;)
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • ortiziortizi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So, I'm assuming that since it's Friday, during Spring Break; STO can't handle the volume?
  • sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i disconected 10 times in a row kept rubber banding
    so all reps in cooldown cya
    just remember it is the weekend
  • johrmantieganjohrmantiegan Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    yeah, the latency kicked my butt this evening... for the last 20 minutes or so it seemed better. will see again tomorrow.
  • sour118sour118 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well it started with the rubberbanding and "server not responding" timer, then I started noticing other things, like the timers on rep projects skipping UP by three seconds every few ticks, so it would count down, then jump up by three or so, then rinse, repeat. Then I noticed that trying to open the doff assignment page would show nothing, like it does on maps with no doff assignments, then the boxes would show up but be empty with their borders/outlines kind of pulsating, then some of them would fill with text but not all, then finally they'd load. Then it just got completely useless. DC'd, launcher stays on "patch" for a few minutes, then when "engage" finally shows up it takes a few minutes to do anything. Then it times out on the account server repeatedly, kicks me back, try again, finally get to the map loading screen but it just stops on a random number, the "server not responding" goes up to like 154 secs, then disappears but the number doesn't change and after a few seconds the timer starts again, this lasted for like 10 minutes before I figured I'd just close the client and try again, now the launcher doesn't even fully load. I get the server status as green (which is pretty hilarious in and of itself), and the news, and even the Romulan wings and the "May 2013", but nothing else loads. Been ten minutes now with nothing. :(
  • hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Tons of latency when I logged in, got worse within a about 15 minutes of logging in and then started repeatedly crashing.

Gave up and played SimCity. Sadly it's the better of the two connection-wise for me :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    hatepwe wrote: »
    Tons of latency when I logged in, got worse within a about 15 minutes of logging in and then started repeatedly crashing.

Gave up and played SimCity. Sadly it's the better of the two connection-wise for me :P

it was worse on kdf side I just hope i get in to run the 2nd tier 5 omega claim
    if is bad tomorrow I will switch SWTOR for the day

it has been getting worse every day this week
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hmm, guess I'm going to go finish God of War then.
  • rajathomasrajathomas Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    First time I've ever been forced off the game, pretty annoying.
    izf25xI.jpg
  • mutualcoremutualcore Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    it has been horrible