test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher countdown

hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
So the launcher now has this emblem and a countdown to March 21st.

Everybody speculate!
Post edited by hevach on

Comments

• Options
    thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Haven't we speculated enough about this already? I think it's just the next FE, that's all.
  • Options
    walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Haven't we speculated enough about this already? I think it's just the next FE, that's all.

Then this will be the most heavily promoted and teased FE yet. I doubt it's something as mundane as that.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I just noticed that :cool:. Hope this means we get some info soon. Having a counter is teasing us Cryptic :eek:, please throw us some info...
  • Options
    phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2013
    The countdown is only 19 days... even more confusing... Maybe that's when the spoilers drop

3013acz.png

If they are going to hype it this much... they better bring it!
  • Options
    idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    hevach wrote: »
    So the launcher now has this emblem and a countdown to March 21st.

Everybody speculate!

I just realized why that thing looks so familiar.. looks kinda like one of the old egyptian hat things.
    (Besides that it also reminds of the Romulan logo.)

Edit: or is it some hat thing from Stargate.. hmm *stops speculate*
    signwidrona.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013

We speculated on FE4 for well over a year. This forum can never speculate enough. The invitation to speculate was more a dig at people's tendency to run insane with baseless assumptions like Romulan faction. The old speculation thread got boring but the countdown should throw some new gas on the fire and bring some new crazy theories.

Maybe that's when the spoilers drop

Yeah, it appears to be the countdown to the official announcement, since the countdown doesn't fall in line with the date above it. Which isn't uncommon in the video game industry, but it is a bit maddening that this is a tease for the beginning of official teasing later this month.
  • Options
    thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    walshicus wrote: »
    Then this will be the most heavily promoted and teased FE yet. I doubt it's something as mundane as that.

I think we are all getting our hopes up.

What we all want it to be is a full fledged romulan faction on the level of the FED faction. I just don't see that happening anytime soon. This can't be that yet.

Only thing it could be is either the next season, Season 8, or the next FE. Maybe it's the most awesome Season 8 / FE ever, I sure hope so.
  • Options
    brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Full shields to wallets!

Sweet, mousing over the picture here now shows something nice and shiny and green. My God, it's full of [redacted]
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    brigadooom wrote: »
    Sweet, mousing over the picture here now shows something nice and shiny and green. My God, it's full of [redacted]

It always did that.
  • Options
    zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Im guessing its some kind of extended FE that expands on the Sela/Iconian story, and will likely feature a playable Romulan ship (prolly from a lockbox)

Regardless it does not appear that May is going to bode well for the KDF. (Raise your hand if this surprises anyone)
  • Options
    commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It always did that.

Mouse over the big symbol, not the words.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • Options
    brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It always did that.

First time it's done it for me. Oh well, still cool. :)
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What we all want it to be is a full fledged romulan faction on the level of the FED faction. I just don't see that happening anytime soon. This can't be that yet.

I dont think there is a single sane person in the world who think we are getting a full faction.

that does not mean we cant get a faction. perhaps its little more than the klingons got at launch but its got to be something more than a FE series. They have pretty much said we are getting some episodes in may. there is no need to be that secretive about it.

I get they might want to promote things better than in the past but this is a little over the top for something we have had several times before.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Actually, I take it back: It didn't do that before. Had to shift+refresh to force it. I was seeing the original page, but now getting something else. I'm seeing what you're talking about. Several of those ships don't match the profiles of any in game, either:

Large silhouette near the light (also a second one bottom middle of the fleet): Nose like a D'derix, but with narrower, straight-edged wings and nacelles dropping below the belly.
    Faint shadow leading the fleet (also a second barely visible in the light): Could be a Mogai at an odd angle, but appears to have shorter wings and a heavier fuselage.

The text at the bottom is also changed, "Our shadow will dim the stars."
  • Options
    daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It's a romulan tribbles tag counter. The klinks fired off a cannibal tribble at new Romulus.
  • Options
    tcbys1tcbys1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I would really hope its a Romulan Faction. That be pretty epic.
  • Options
    monikerhellomonikerhello Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Has anyone moused over the words at the bottom of the teaser page? It's English. There are words. Neat.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/sto_may2013

EDIT: It's also terrifying. Someone should save the letters; they may be important.
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    walshicus wrote: »

Remember how long they teased Temporal Ambassador?
  • Options
    arcademasterarcademaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    daskippa wrote: »
    It's a romulan tribbles tag counter. The klinks fired off a cannibal tribble at new Romulus.

I lol'd.

/10char
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm a bit tired of all the teasing. Seriously, it makes no sense. If I can't know what it is then I don't want to be told I can't.

And it's just a featured episode by the way. So who cares?
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Remember how long they teased Temporal Ambassador?

ummmm not much, we did not know much of what was going on till like the Day before it came out.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    logicalspocklogicalspock Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I assume the countdown is until the next bit of information is released.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    We do know that Denise Crosby is suppose to come back in March to do more VO.....so maybe when the Timer gets to Zero and she's not in the studio they send out Armus to find and destroy her. :D
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    ummmm not much, we did not know much of what was going on till like the Day before it came out.

Way to forget about the month long Ambassador / Kamarag reveal and the never ending "We got Denise Crosby but we won't tell you what for" parade.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Way to forget about the month long Ambassador / Kamarag reveal and the never ending "We got Denise Crosby but we won't tell you what for" parade.

Or how long ago we knew that the Ambassador class's appearance in game would coincide with some revisiting of the Enterprise-C's time travel mishap. They'd literally teased that one back to season 3-4, even if no date was ever given. And Crosby herself spoiled part of it right at the convention itself after she talked to Cryptic.
  • Options
    pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think we are all getting our hopes up.

Only thing it could be is either the next season, Season 8, or the next FE. Maybe it's the most awesome Season 8 / FE ever, I sure hope so.

YOU may have YOUR hopes up for a faction EQUAL to the Feds. :)

I do NOT have MY hopes for anything more than a playable Romulan faction with somewhat limited content to begin with like what the KDF got at launch. :D

p.s. Season 8, will probably hit sometime in the fall. ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2013

We did not get some 6 months in advance teasers building up to the Anniversary, just some we got her and some forum posts.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    They shoved the countdown in the launcher too, and it doesn't even fit! :D

Anyway, probably just some teasing for the next FE involving the Romulans, Empress Sela, and the Iconians. Maybe a first encounter with them, putting an end to this dreary proxy-war the Iconians have been waging.
  • Options
    naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It's the long awaited... Romulan lockbox. :)
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • Options
    duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited March 2013