Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    phubbykun wrote: »
    Whatever they do...

Whatever it is...

There is one thing we can count on.

A metric ton of bugs.
    Um, duh... it's a video game. They all have bugs.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • hiplyrustichiplyrustic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    tcbys1 wrote: »
    I would really hope its a Romulan Faction. That be pretty epic.

"Our shadow will dim the stars" just makes me want to yell "Down in front!" at the fat guy blocking the screen at the theatre.

re: Romulans, maybe it's just me...but wouldn't actually getting the Klingon faction up to snuff first make more sense than diluting the "enemy faction" pool even further?
    edited March 2013
    "Our shadow will dim the stars" just makes me want to yell "Down in front!" at the fat guy blocking the screen at the theatre.

re: Romulans, maybe it's just me...but wouldn't actually getting the Klingon faction up to snuff first make more sense than diluting the "enemy faction" pool even further?
    The KDF is close enough... all they really need now is a few minor tweaks for people to be able to start at level 1.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited March 2013
    The KDF is close enough... all they really need now is a few minor tweaks for people to be able to start at level 1.

I think if you ran a poll of people who only play KDF you would get a far different opinion than the one you seem to have. Based on my own KDF play it's nothing remotely close to as fleshed out as fedspace is.
  • kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    As a KDF only player, there are only tweaks and bug fixes for the most part needed, starting at level 1, and of course more affective ships across the board compared to fed ships. There isn't that much more it "NEEDS". I say bring on the Romulan faction and get it going already! It's been long enough for those of us who have tired of both fed and kdf gameplay.
    edited March 2013
    As a KDF only player, there are only tweaks and bug fixes for the most part needed, starting at level 1, and of course more affective ships across the board compared to fed ships. There isn't that much more it "NEEDS". I say bring on the Romulan faction and get it going already! It's been long enough for those of us who have tired of both fed and kdf gameplay.

So you will be fine with Romulans being the same glorified space-going MonsterPlay gamestyle that KDF is? Really? Low bar, really low bar.
  • emacsheadroomemacsheadroom Member Posts: 994 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    They're going to need a decent amount of Tribble testing time for the May update. Logic suggests that they will be planning for that and the countdown is leading up to it. What the heck else could the countdown be for?
  • redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    For an announcement? Marketing and all, building up excitement, forum hype and blogging on specialized website...
    Server not responding (1701 s)
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It is the countdown for when Cryptic gets their New Romulus coffee mugs. :D
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What the heck else could the countdown be for?

revealing what the update is all about.

we usually know well in advance what is coming before it hits tribble. at the moment we know very little. most of it is speculation. if it is a romulan faction that is a huge deal and needs time to be promoted before we even see it on tribble.

if the update launches mid may, then dont expect tribble to happen much before mid april.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    the countdown will also end about 6am their time. that is well off when they are even in the office let alone their usual tribble patch times.

there may be some minor content hitting tribble in march if its ready, but it wont be significant. that's potentially 2 months before its officially launches. you cant make such a huge update by mid march.

edit - not to mention in game development you try not to give yourself hard targets to hit. there is never any guarantee you can hit tomorow's date let alone have something planned 3 weeks in advance.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    They turned the Client into a ticking time bomb for the KDF since Klingons don't understand the function of a count down...See death of first Federation Enterprise
    GwaoHAD.png
  • collegepark2151collegepark2151 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    They turned the Client into a ticking time bomb for the KDF since Klingons don't understand the function of a count down...See death of first Federation Enterprise

GET OUT!!!! GET OUT OF THERE!!!!!!! GET OUT!!!!!

I personally assumed that the commander was the only one who understood English and recognized it was a countdown.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porthos is not amused.
  • pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    They're going to need a decent amount of Tribble testing time for the May update. Logic suggests that they will be planning for that and the countdown is leading up to it. What the heck else could the countdown be for?

Ummm, Season 8 isn't until the end of Summer, maybe even sometime in the fall. They would not put any sort of countdown for anything that is 6-8 months away. :rolleyes:

OOOOhhh, you're talking about the MAY UPDATE. Well now, at the end of the countdown they drop the big bombshell on us that they are going to completely replace the KDF with the RSE and give the Romulan fans 3 years to enjoy their faction and let Klingon fans sit silently on their hands and wait. :D

p.s. more information about what Cryptic is planning for the May update will probably be released on March 21st. :)
  • pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Real money on "The Announcement" as to what they are planning for the large May update and probably a Teaser-Trailer.
  • thebumblethebumble Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    Its just a countdown letting us know when they'll actually release information rather than hint at it.

Probably some big announcement that will solve all the speculation as to whats coming and get right down to whats important. Taking bets on what its going to break...
    edited March 2013
    I think if you ran a poll of people who only play KDF you would get a far different opinion than the one you seem to have. Based on my own KDF play it's nothing remotely close to as fleshed out as fedspace is.
    I've been playing KDF since Season 3. Season 7 KDF is BETTER than the Feds were in season 3. Of course Feds have more stuff. They always have. But the KDF has enough now to be fully playable.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Is it me or is the Client more.....Green:confused:
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited March 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Is it me or is the Client more.....Green:confused:
    They changed the background image. It's the same greenish starfield used in the background of the teaser images.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • trenesstreness Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This maybe just coincidence but the re-mastered ST TNG Best of Both Worlds comes out on Blu-Ray on the 29th April http://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Trek-Generation-Worlds-Blu-ray/dp/B00B5A1VY8 (one of the best episodes, and an iconic episode, IMO) along with ST TNG Season 3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xuelxuel Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    we are less then 4 days away from the new patch and cryptic still will not tell us anything about what's in it.
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Who is to say the countdown is not to the moment they tell us EVERYTHING about ALL their plans for STO EVER?
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • thegurpslordthegurpslord Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    xuel wrote: »
    we are less then 4 days away from the new patch and cryptic still will not tell us anything about what's in it.

Well, wer're not actually 4 days away from the new patch. We're days away from information about what the patch will be in may. So there you go, cake, and you can eat it too. In may.
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Its probably not a patch, it will likely just be an anouncement about the upcomming season/not-season(really big update in May). Also, I'm pretty sure that there's less than 3 days on the counter, not 4.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
    edited March 2013
    So there you go, cake, and you can eat it too. In may.

THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!

On a slightly less than serious note: This timer is probably counting down to some most likely miniscule amount of information on the May update, at which point there will be another timer counting down to either:

1)Some more miniscule amount of information on the May update.
    or
    2)The May update itself.

And if there isn't, there probably will be eventually.
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
    edited March 2013
    I'm sure they'll give us more than what they already gave us. Complete info? no. But something concrete, unlike what we've gotten so far.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • crownvic2doorcrownvic2door Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Its a bomb, STO will implode in two days, perhaps Obi-wan really is our only hope!
    edited March 2013
    I'm sure they'll give us more than what they already gave us. Complete info? no. But something concrete, unlike what we've gotten so far.

What exactly have they given us so far? To my knowledge all they gave us was a timer and 2 pics. Do you have information that I dont know about? If so, please share.
  • crownvic2doorcrownvic2door Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What exactly have they given us so far? To my knowledge all they gave us was a timer and 2 pics. Do you have information that I dont know about? If so, please share.

Like I said STO will implode and they will blame the Romulans...Its already starting...
  • rustybladesrustyblades Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It just means stock up on dominion lock boxes, extra character slots, etc..