test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update on Fleet Marks and Dilithium

Comments

• bizzarquestionbizzarquestion Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    noshuffle wrote: »
    Must admire Thisoverlord his wisdom. They did it again. Nuked the sell button in the dilithium store, under the hangar requisitions, whilst it wasn't in the patch notes and such once again TRIBBLE their player base in a sleazy way.

But, but, but, players were making WAY too much EC this way! Mommy they're cheating! Oh wait. I must say stealth patching is sleazy and this one is actually rather childish. Only reason I can think to patch this is to prolong the play time. Sad really that this is the way the game is heading.

Anyway...Power to the People! Keep fighting the Good Fight!
  • thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    noshuffle wrote: »
    Must admire Thisoverlord his wisdom. They did it again. Nuked the sell button in the dilithium store, under the hangar requisitions, whilst it wasn't in the patch notes and such once again TRIBBLE their player base in a sleazy way.

Indeed.

The ball is starting to roll people, a few more days and then we can start to move on with discussing what we can do to help improve the game in earnest.
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Apparently many refuse to classify a foundry mission as content, even though it's no different than a Cryptic mission... It gives you something to do, therefore it is content. The problem is getting it through to people that refuse to listen.

If only this were true, unfortunately Foundry authors do not have access to the nice extra's that make Cryptics episodes more dynamic. As it stands to get a good Foundry mission out there the reliance on hacks and workarounds is huge.

Furthermore even Cryptics own episode content is pretty poor. Whilst one can group to play the convention is that they are all played solo for the most part and of course there are no rewards beyond bog standard XP to make it worth ever replaying them. If you don't have the engine or creativity to create a truly compelling and repeat-worthy quest then at least offer incentive rewards. As it stands Cryptics own episodes are designed to be thrown away after use more often than not which is a huge shame because a few of them do have good team replay-value.

What other MMORPG seriously doesn't encourage team play in it's core quests, I mean to be honest I find the current way it works in STO insane and if Neverwinter doesn't encourage team-play in it's core quests then it'll sink. So much of MMORPG is grouping for core story quests.

What worries me and should worry foundry authors is the statement made recently that there are no plans to import enhanced features from Neverwinters foundry into STO. They didn't say it wasn't possible just that at the moment they aren't sure if they are going to bother and for me that would be a huge loss for STO.

::Once again if you have constructive criticism please feel free to PM so you can be included in the discussions taking place next week, I extend this to all players, even if your happy with the current content and game-play feel free to PM I doubt there is any player out there who likes Cryptics current QA standards and disregard for hardworking tribble testers::
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • warbird001warbird001 Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Btw, does everyone know that Cryptic introduced another "patch change" just before this patch went live, meaning that you no longer get PvP Daily Rewards from Private PvP Matches? Straight after our victory with the Fleet Marks...

Will they ever learn?

They did try to silence a topic asking about it, as if it was one big secret.
    edited March 2013
    warbird001 wrote: »
    Btw, does everyone know that Cryptic introduced another "patch change" just before this patch went live, meaning that you no longer get PvP Daily Rewards from Private PvP Matches? Straight after our victory with the Fleet Marks...

Will they ever learn?

As far as I am aware it only removes the reward if you go below the default settings.

::Once again if you have constructive criticism please feel free to PM so you can be included in the discussions taking place next week, I extend this to all players, even if your happy with the current content and game-play feel free to PM I doubt there is any player out there who likes Cryptics current QA standards and disregard for hardworking tribble testers::
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • warbird001warbird001 Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well Brandon called it an exploit... Oh and being forced to play PvP against a whole team of lockbox ships and the exploitative JHAS just to get the daily is? Its like going through ritual humiliation every day...

I do not like what PvP has become, the bigger fleets ruin it for the casual players that just want to have fun. They NEED to have the best ships, best items.. etc... and they are really the only ones that Cryptic care about because they are ones with Tier V Starbases, filling Cryptic's pockets with money.

Funny how this exploit is around until "certain" Fleets reach Tier V and have no more use to exploit it. Its not the nerf that annoys me, just the way it was shoehorned in quietly without a word
    edited March 2013
    warbird001 wrote: »
    Well Brandon called it an exploit... Oh and being forced to play PvP against a whole team of lockbox ships and the exploitative JHAS just to get the daily is? Its like going through ritual humiliation every day...

I do not like what PvP has become, the bigger fleets ruin it for the casual players that just want to have fun. They NEED to have the best ships, best items.. etc... and they are really the only ones that Cryptic care about because they are ones with Tier V Starbases, filling Cryptic's pockets with money.

Funny how this exploit is around until "certain" Fleets reach Tier V and have no more use to exploit it. Its not the nerf that annoys me, just the way it was shoehorned in quietly without a word

Until I summon up the will to actually get in-game and find some willing testers I'm not sure which "exploit" (aka Player generated fix) this is solving or to what extent it does, so I keeping quiet for now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,560 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    As far as I am aware it only removes the reward if you go below the default settings.

How can i PM you?
    edited March 2013
    How can i PM you?

Scroll up top right, click on "private messages" and there is an option in the following screen to send a PM all you have to is put my name in :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    But like I always says...As long as people are complaining their still playing. :cool:

Incorrect. I gave up playing the game the day the patch that started this thread went live.

Considering I've been playing since Beta, that says a lot about my thoughts on what this game is now. I'm tired of spending forty hours a week scrambling down a narrow corridor, never even getting close to the light at the end of it, and not being able to explore the corridors to either side of me.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Sometimes stealth fixes happens, but you should as a developer allways try to not use stealth fixes. The players will in most cases find out anyways.

I find stealth fixes deplorable. Why not just come out and say that you changing this or that in the patch notes? There will most likely be a lot less anger about things if they are out in the open from the get go, instead of slipping things in like you are this guy : http://www.ign.com/images/game/metal-gear-solid-4-guns-of-the-patriots-ps3-714044/4fa6cb03cdc388ed13f15183 :P
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    otowi wrote: »
    Sometimes stealth fixes happens, but you should as a developer allways try to not use stealth fixes. The players will in most cases find out anyways.

I find stealth fixes deplorable. Why not just come out and say that you changing this or that in the patch notes? There will most likely be a lot less anger about things if they are out in the open from the get go, instead of slipping things in like you are this guy : http://www.ign.com/images/game/metal-gear-solid-4-guns-of-the-patriots-ps3-714044/4fa6cb03cdc388ed13f15183 :P

100% behind this comment
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2013
    Patch Notes are compiled by people who did not make the original changes. Those people rely on us (devs) to write good checkin notes. If our checkin notes fail to mention something has changed, the person writing the actual patch notes has no hope of knowing about it. There are times (probably far too often) when we fail to write proper checkin notes.. Usually it's something that has simply slipped your mind. Sometimes you're in a rush to get somewhere. I don't think it is ever intentional/malicious (with the exception of easter eggy kinds of things).
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    But, but, but, players were making WAY too much EC this way! Mommy they're cheating! Oh wait. I must say stealth patching is sleazy and this one is actually rather childish. Only reason I can think to patch this is to prolong the play time. Sad really that this is the way the game is heading.

It was a glitch, not a feature.... were you really expecting them to leave it in after they noticed it was there?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    otowi wrote: »

it is not stealth but a miscomunication they are working on adding more marks and dilithium youys need to chill out :cool:
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Patch Notes are compiled by people who did not make the original changes. Those people rely on us (devs) to write good checkin notes. If our checkin notes fail to mention something has changed, the person writing the actual patch notes has no hope of knowing about it. There are times (probably far too often) when we fail to write proper checkin notes.. Usually it's something that has simply slipped your mind. Sometimes you're in a rush to get somewhere. I don't think it is ever intentional/malicious (with the exception of easter eggy kinds of things).

...WHAT ?!?!?!? :eek:

You mean You want to Have a Life outside of creating this wonderful thing called the STO MMO...???

Goodness Gracious...

What is this world coming too ????

<snicker>
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited March 2013

This happens in any shop. One of my jobs is maintaining an enterprise standard package of a third-party security utility with our own customized compile options and base configuration, and I've occasionally realized well after releasing the package to the world that I left something out of the release notes. I've also had to add something to the release notes with the notation that it actually occurred in the previous release.

I've also spent many an hour pouring through CVS diffs trying to figure out when and why a piece of code was introduced, because the committer forgot to log it, or none of his keywords were what I would have used had I committed it. I've also had the argument where the person is ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN he never committed that change, until he looked at the CVS logs himself.

It happens. You deal with it, and inform the customer as best you can.

I have spent this entire week dealing with the aftermath of a change that was communicated to 1,000+ developers as having happened, but didn't, and that can't wait for the next load window to fix. Jumping the gun on patch notes has drawbacks, too.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    ...WHAT ?!?!?!? :eek:

You mean You want to Have a Life outside of creating this wonderful thing called the STO MMO...???

Goodness Gracious...

What is this world coming too ????

<snicker>

I hear Taco has a Second Life account where he role plays being a developer for Spork Trek Online ;)

We have a comitted team of devs :D
  • admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,560 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    This happens in any shop. One of my jobs is maintaining an enterprise standard package of a third-party security utility with our own customized compile options and base configuration, and I've occasionally realized well after releasing the package to the world that I left something out of the release notes. I've also had to add something to the release notes with the notation that it actually occurred in the previous release.

I've also spent many an hour pouring through CVS diffs trying to figure out when and why a piece of code was introduced, because the committer forgot to log it, or none of his keywords were what I would have used had I committed it. I've also had the argument where the person is ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN he never committed that change, until he looked at the CVS logs himself.

It happens. You deal with it, and inform the customer as best you can.

I have spent this entire week dealing with the aftermath of a change that was communicated to 1,000+ developers as having happened, but didn't, and that can't wait for the next load window to fix. Jumping the gun on patch notes has drawbacks, too.

Nice to see a\Comm Mod on our side on occasion. How ever to the Dev some changes are glaring obvious and still not in patch notes, the removal of Dil in STF S7 launch
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Don't you think there are more important fights than trying to exploit to get virtual currencies in games? :D
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2013
    tobar26th wrote: »
    I hear Taco has a Second Life account where he role plays being a developer for Spork Trek Online ;)

:::hides his titanium Spock spork:::
    WHO TOLD YOU!?!!!?!
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    WHO TOLD YOU!?!!!?!

I fear Romulans will get a Taco Bell before us Klingons. :(
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    genhauk wrote: »
    I fear Romulans will get a Taco Bell before us Klingons. :(

That's okay. We might get Chipotle instead.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    MIGHTY TACO! FOR A MIGHTY EMPIRE! :D

(Mighty Taco is a regional chain here in Buffaloco NY.)
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I really hope it's not a mini faction, that you go 1-20 in and then choose another side. I would love to play as a Romulan, but I wouldn't if that were the case. I would certainly be all right with Romulans being unlocked after getting a Klingon to max level.
  • snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    WHO TOLD YOU!?!!!?!

it mightve been an andorian mouse that told them. idk.
  • tomin8rtomin8r Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Thread derailed. Back on topic.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    snakeswar2 wrote: »
    it mightve been an andorian mouse that told them. idk.

Are they also blue?
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited March 2013
    Just a quick heds up to say:

The feedback received already to my calls for players to PM me so that we can get a discussion underway in a more formal manner has been excellent.

If you want in on the discussion taking place next week then please feel free to PM, everyone opinion is of use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    That's okay. We might get Chipotle instead.

I'm thinking Long John Silvers will arrive first.

It has the one thing most Klingons are to die for...

... the Eye Patch.

:D

And TacoFangs... drop the Spock Spork and get yer burritos up in the air where we can see um...

:cool:
    [/MenInBlack]
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    edited March 2013
    Plomeek Soup with a fly in it... well knowing Cryptic probably several assorted bugs :D

(couldn't resist)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
This discussion has been closed.