test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update on Fleet Marks and Dilithium

Comments

• darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    How about fixing the broken bits of the game, like those invisible one-hit kills from the Borg, BEFORE you tinker with stuff that we like?
  • deathstalker89deathstalker89 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well first PWE want everyone to get join a big fleet,well i have had friend that told me when the fleet they were in got to the level they want it at they kicked them out after they spent all the time helping them get there.

I know you will say they got fleet credits but what good is credits if you are not in the fleet anymore to be able to buy ships and weapons anymore.
  • solomacesolomace Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It is in China.

So thats your answer then?
    What IS coming in may?

We don't really KNOW that they are adding a playable Romulan faction. It is a good bet that they are. But it is not official. It is an assumption.

Why is it a good assumption that they are?

What has changed from KDF not being profitable to make a full faction to adding a third one?

Surely they KDF is a bigger fanbase than the Rommies, yet see how things are with the KDF?

Where all of a sudden is this new revenue going to come from, if it is a new faction?

Everyone who defends Cryptics in not making a fully fledged KDF faction, always sites "Star Trek is about the Federation".

Once again, flip flop info.
    Straight from the mouth of one of the leaders of the CDF - "I tell you what, Haven't spent any money either - I'm a lousy freeloader" - Jonsills 17/12/2014
  • solidsamsolidsam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sirsitsalot: Their teaser site is a giant graphic of Romulan wings, with a translatable message asking players to "march beneath the raptor's wings." May 2013

Smells like new faction or "micro-faction, Stahl style (that no one wants)" to me.
    Formerly known as Khannnnn
    "Spock, this 'child' is about to wipe out every living thing on Earth. Now, what do you suggest we do? Spank it?" -Commander Leonard 'Bones' McCoy, M.D.
  • ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My question to you Dan is "When?"

When are these new sources of fleet marks coming?

We have been repeating the same, bland, uninspired missions for 6 months now.

I can PvP with my Fleet members, do STFs with them but aquire no Fleet Marks.

Yet I can que up with random strangers for "colony invasion" which has, let's be honest, only the most tenuous of connections with Fleet Starbases - and earn fleet marks.

Your team seems to think the few tiny squirts of fleet marks available from these fleet mark events are sufficient - they are not.

This is a failure on your part as a product and service provider to meet the expectations and needs of your customers, that is why you have nearly 500 angry responses within the short space of 24hrs.

Take it to heart, and work to rectify this.
  • user839020189287user839020189287 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Dan told me I was special and that he was going to "take me places"... He asked me to start paying more for things and I didn't mind... He said, it was going to be alright and to trust him... Then he started doing other things with his friends and wouldn't return my calls.

He said it as my fault. Dan never cared...
    "Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
    Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is yet another s**t storm generated by those who should not be named.Almost 50 pages long so far,with the naysayers firmly in the lead,removing part of the reward structure without anything ready to slot in to smooth the transition is just shoddy.

Trumpeting the "future" card is so lame it's not really worth mentioning or going on about... How longs a piece of string?

Yet again the captain at the helm is found wanting... I hope someone in authority is taking notes and reading these posts,you're setting a precedence for all future "so" called updates
    :rolleyes:
  • psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Will this have the effect of the Star Wars Galaxies NGE for Star Trek Online?
    edited February 2013
    I know Dan's actual track record. But I also know that the buck doesn't really stop with Dan. The Craptastic grindfest that STO has become is a PWE directive, because that is the sort of thing PWE does. Dan may monitor the metrics of who is doing what and how much of this reward is being earned from that content. But PWE monitors the actual bottom line. And if PWE picks up the phone and calls Jack Emmert and breaths down his neck over the few cents loss in this or that field, Jack Emmert is going to call Dan Stahl and breathe down his neck over it.

Yes, Dan makes the calls on what to do, but PWE defines the criteria he must follow for making the calls.

Well, I hope that the PWE overlords in Asia can read English to see how their decision is going to affect their bottom dollar. I got paid yesterday and I like to spend a little when I'm paid. Not yesterday or today or tomorrow or the day after that until this debacle is fixed. I hope you notice my few cents missing from your greedy-a$$ pockets.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    psymantis wrote: »
    Will this have the effect of the Star Wars Galaxies NGE for Star Trek Online?

Cryptic have already surpassed that milestone. We are in new territory levels of stupidity for an MMO company ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

edited February 2013
    Funny how terms like fiscal cliff and greater depression being thrown around in our time and then we see a company pull some serious **** which could more then likely affect their bottom dollar... Not too smart, I say.

Maybe some in the industry needs to eat some humble pie like many real people have to?

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
    edited February 2013
    I usually spend around $80 per month on this game to help my fleet, but I won't be giving them anymore money until they actually LISTEN to the customers and give us what we want. I don't recall ever seeing a single player request to take the fun out of earning fleet marks. Never once did I see a player say "Please, Dan. Please remove the Fleet Marks from the Foundry! I feel it is just too enjoyable to earn fleet marks. I want to go back to the days where I actually fell asleep during queues, awakening to find myself ramming the edge of the map at full speed."
    "Spock, this 'child' is about to wipe out every living thing on Earth. Now, what do you suggest we do? Spank it?" -Commander Leonard 'Bones' McCoy, M.D.
    edited February 2013
    I was the leader of an all Bounty Hunter guild, 50 strong. We were rolling in credits and had crafter alts and our own city so close to the Emperor's Retreat on Naboo that we used it's spaceport for our own.

We all deleted our toons and quit the day of the NGE.

Good times.

edited February 2013
    I know Dan's actual track record. But I also know that the buck doesn't really stop with Dan. The Craptastic grindfest that STO has become is a PWE directive, because that is the sort of thing PWE does. Dan may monitor the metrics of who is doing what and how much of this reward is being earned from that content. But PWE monitors the actual bottom line. And if PWE picks up the phone and calls Jack Emmert and breaths down his neck over the few cents loss in this or that field, Jack Emmert is going to call Dan Stahl and breathe down his neck over it.

Yes, Dan makes the calls on what to do, but PWE defines the criteria he must follow for making the calls.

Hmmm, So either Dan is lying to us or you're mistaken.

Dan repeatedly tells us that the book stops with him and that he makes all the decisions.
    Straight from the mouth of one of the leaders of the CDF - "I tell you what, Haven't spent any money either - I'm a lousy freeloader" - Jonsills 17/12/2014
  • mutualcoremutualcore Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Don't worry if some people give up...just throw more lockboxes and dilithium sinks to squeeze $$ from the ones who don't.
    How about adding incentive for more fleet group play by giving a bonus FM reward for actually teaming with fleet members during FM missions. It could work on regular content like patrols and explore strange new worlds too. Would be nice for your fleet to actually explore space again. The content is already there and collecting dust.
    edited February 2013
    solomace wrote: »
    Hmmm, So either Dan is lying to us or you're mistaken.

Dan repeatedly tells us that the book stops with him and that he makes all the decisions.

Book' em, Danno!

Book'em all!

edited February 2013
    No we're not.

Whenever Cryptic pulls one of their abrupt but significant changes, there's rage for a couple of weeks. Then they produce a solution that ultimately calms everyone down so the enraged shouting becomes at worst an annoyed murmur.

In Star Wars Galaxies, we saw "Roll back to Pre-NGE!" posts and rants about how the game used to be all the way up to the end, almost. At least here, Cryptic manages to enact effective damage control. But SOE put forth no effort at damage control. In fact, there was one SOE Dev who went down in infamy for his post about "Forum posters who are players vs poster who play the forums" in which he pretty much outright ridiculed those in the community who were dis-satisfied with the state of the game. That brush fire became an inferno that lasted for MONTHS.

This is the latest speedbump on the STO highway that will fade into memory and insignificance in time. It is not the end of the world. If you feel otherwise, then maybe you should take a break, breathe some fresh air, spend some time away from the forum drama and then come back with a fresh perspective. It's not worth developing an ulcer over.

You on Red Bull or something? ;) I admire the strength it must take to lift those pom poms of yours...:)
  • whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    dastahl wrote: »
    Average max level player refining per day is nowhere near the cap yet. Once the average Dilithium refined per day by max level players gets closer to the cap, we'll consider it.

My question is in what way you are arriving to this?

What formula are you using?

What is the criteria for an "average user"? Is it the average of the sum of all registered players of the game or actual active players determined by play hours in a day/week/month?

There are two additional big changes coming in May that will greatly improve a Fleet's abilities to complete projects, I'm just not at liberty to talk about them yet.

We have a small fleet ourselves (with no cheaty dev accounts either) and we're only at T3 - so we understand how challenging it can be if everyone isn't playing the right content or contributing.

We are beginning the tuning process that will get us to where we want to be for the big May update and that includes adding new things and balancing existing things.

Fleet Marks will becoming common rewards for "Group Queued Gameplay" whereas Dilithium will be focused on more solo Mission Gameplay.

We appreciate that there is frustration about losing the Fleet Marks in the Foundry, but Fleet Marks were never intended for solo based gameplay.

Balancing is no fun, but we hear the suggestions that trying to get in the groove with a standard set of content is important. That is where we are trying to go without horking the economy.

And to answer the naysayers - STO had its best month of growth ever and the game is only going to get bigger, expecially this summer. We do look at the economy reports every day. Players ARE earning more Dilithium AND more Fleet Marks than they ever have.

I don't know if its nay-saying or not. One of the areas where we have our perception of activity is our fellow online friends activity. I have been here since Beta and the vast majority of people on my friends list are long since vanished. Since the Fleet SB missions, my fleet went from an active fleet with at least ten guys (many with lifetime subscriptions) at a time on Team Speak yukking it up and having a good time playing the game, to a virtual ghost town with occasional contact of same of the die-hards and a few newer guys weve been able to bring in. One of the key topics mentioned is the "Grind-Fest" and how we miss playing PvP but we don't have the competitive gear to match the larger fleet players. Were are still at level 8 Tier 2 with one guy contributing close to 7 mill and three others at about 2 million or more each.

We do have a FM, Dil' problem in our fleet. I know the special mining rights items will put me in a severe refining bottleneck should I do that AND the STF's .

Another area we are having a problem with is Duty Officers, unless we blow our EC in the exchange, it take us about two to three weeks to pick up the required DOFFS needed to complete a "mission"

While we are on about DOFFs, who's bright idea was it to increase the dil' prices for the "reassign under performing officers" missions? 2,500 dilithium AND 5 uncommon's to get a random Rare?
    Removing the Marks from the Foundry needed to happen, and since it was scheduled to come off after the Anniversary, it did. We will get Fleet Marks back into more appropriate content quickly as we did after Season 7 launch.

I can understand why you did it and don't blame you for it. It probably should have been mentioned that it was for the Anniversary period only. If it was, I apologize, but have yet to find it in my travels (maybe bigger font in neon lights would be helpfull? :D )
    I appreciate that we don't always make good decisions. We do listen to feedback and we do adjust in order to make things better for everyone.

People are people and things happen in relation to decisions. At them moment we actually see less of the devs than when the game was new. Branflakes is a good guy and we appreciate his input, but we also miss direct feedback from the dev's. There are many forums where people really can't figure out what is going on in relation to what the system is and how things (consoles, boff, doffs) really work, or bugs that we are waiting forever to hear responses back on, can we get some more face time from Devs to support Bran alittle bit more?
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    No we're not.

Whenever Cryptic pulls one of their abrupt but significant changes, there's rage for a couple of weeks. Then they produce a solution that ultimately calms everyone down so the enraged shouting becomes at worst an annoyed murmur.

In Star Wars Galaxies, we saw "Roll back to Pre-NGE!" posts and rants about how the game used to be all the way up to the end, almost. At least here, Cryptic manages to enact effective damage control. But SOE put forth no effort at damage control. In fact, there was one SOE Dev who went down in infamy for his post about "Forum posters who are players vs poster who play the forums" in which he pretty much outright ridiculed those in the community who were dis-satisfied with the state of the game. That brush fire became an inferno that lasted for MONTHS.

This is the latest speedbump on the STO highway that will fade into memory and insignificance in time. It is not the end of the world. If you feel otherwise, then maybe you should take a break, breathe some fresh air, spend some time away from the forum drama and then come back with a fresh perspective. It's not worth developing an ulcer over.

Um, the point is, Cryptic keep doing this over and over again. They never learn, in which case are far worse than SOE in that respect....

The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over expecting different results. This is what Cryptic are, insane.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• lordagamemnonb5lordagamemnonb5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is the latest speedbump on the STO highway that will fade into memory and insignificance in time.

And this is why they keep doing TRIBBLE like this. Too many people willing to let mediocrity slide. Few actually want to continue to hold the devs accountible.

Except maybe now. This actually maybe the straw that broke the camel's back. People just have to keep it up and hold stupidity like this accountable.
    How the Devs see Star Trek, apparently:
    Star Trek: The Original Grind
    Star Trek: The Next Grind
    Star Trek: Deep Space Grind
    Star Trek: Voyage to the Grind
    edited February 2013
    Hey, Dan Stahl, have you arrived at the conclusion that we don't like the changes yet?
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hey, Dan Stahl, have you arrived at the conclusion that we don't like the changes yet?

lol but in one word i would say no , water off of a duck back :D
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • thebumblethebumble Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    Love it. Slept for 7 hours, got up and fed the kids and now I'm having my first cup of coffee. To bad this last patch wasn't just a bad nightmare.

Now. lets get down to brass tacks...
    ...This is the latest speedbump on the STO highway that will fade into memory and insignificance in time....

This is not a speed bump, this is a sink hole that just dropped right in the center of the highway. Speedbumps you can see coming, this, we didn't have a clue. They snuck it in at the last moment.

They need to have a Season just to fix the bugs in the game. Seeing as according to them, technically there is no Season 8((It has a different name.)), they should should make Season 8: Season of Bugs.
  • atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

The solution is always ALWAYS returning less that we got previously. Theyare continually returning less thanthey take - always shafting the players ina way that fools just enoughto keep their shenanigans afloat.
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Fact: Dan said that they will be adding new sources of FMs in preparation for the May update which has a couple of systems in it that will also reduce the cost of fleet projects.

Fact: Dan says a lot of things.

Fact: A lot of the things Dan says A.) never occur or B.) Occur in a way that seems designed to inflame the largest percentage of the game population possible.

Fact: Bacon is tasty.

Fact: I can do this literally for days because I have some free time now unscheduled due to not needing to lg in and grind fleet marks until "maybe" things get fixed in May. Maybe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    All I know is that my fleet members were actually excited to get in the game an earn fleet marks with me and experience a fun story together. We had a lot of fun running the spotlight missions and then even more when we started playing missions from our favorite authors.

I'd go in the game, select four missions, then come back on later with three other fleet members and invite them to take part in it. We actually ENJOYED earning the fleet marks in a group. Now we're back to point where I have to beg people to come in and do at least one crappy PvE queue a day. Thanks.
    edited February 2013
    well 50 pages in and I am ready to go. My partner is irate now.

Y'all take care.

See some of you in the next MMO.

Qapla'

• weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    And this is why they keep doing TRIBBLE like this. Too many people willing to let mediocrity slide.

QFT.

Too many people saying 'well it's free - what do you expect?' - downloading the installer and making an account may be free but after that you pay - with time and/or money - people have invested huge amounts of both in this game because it's Trek and because they want it to succeed, only to continually be treated with contempt by the Devs.

Season 7 proved that you can only push the player-base so far but Cryptic/PWE seem to have learned nothing from the last time they enraged their players.

Honestly, I think it's time for a new vision and a new EP, Stahl has no trust, respect or goodwill left in this community.
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    That camel always regenerates , but in the end they will add FM it may not be to the foundry and then everyone will forgive and forget ,and the cycle continues .

The cycle has always been it can never be broken, it is eternal.

Resistance is futile.
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited February 2013
    thebumble wrote: »
    They need to have a Season just to fix the bugs in the game. Seeing as according to them, technically there is no Season 8((It has a different name.)), they should should make Season 8: Season of Bugs.

There'd be some cool pets in THAT season!!
This discussion has been closed.