Comments

• psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    "Captain D'Stahl, I'm reading high levels of disappointment!"

"Working as intended, ensign, carry on."
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    kyuui13 wrote: »
    We're starved because you have put too much demand on Dilithium. Slow down the demand and the situation will change.

That is EXACTLY my feelings. I mean, look at crafting for instance. To make ONE weapon or whatever, you need nearly TWO DAYS worth of refinement. It is fairly easy to get dilithium now yes, but it's not worth getting over 8000 per day because of the refinement cap. Oh, I'm sorry, 17000 every two days because I'm a veteran and have access to the refiner. Cut down on demand, raise the cap, that will help A LOT.
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • kagasenseikagasensei Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think removing Fleet Marks from the foundry missions is SENSIBLE.

SUGGESTION: I was thinking about that several times before - How about making the starbase and embassy officer of the watch dailies repeatable, perhaps 4 or 5 times a day. Like this, players could farm at least a few fleet marks completely on their own (and still in a "fleet environment"). It would also help to populate the fleet holdings more (other than keeping their instances open).
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thank the stars we as a fleet have enough fleet marks to finish our star base.

Though Dan, MMO 101, your opinion as a dev means NOTHING. You have forgotten a basic MMO rule that when the devs opinion matters more than that of the players paying your wages = dead MMO.

We as a fleet have decided to not bother with your boring after day one fleet content. We would rather give up than do them things again.....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• solomacesolomace Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    But I also think I understand enough of what may be going on on Cryptic's end.

Care to enlighten us then?

You seem to have some insider information that we are not aware of?

To most on this thread it seems to be simply 1 of 2 reasons.

1. The Foundry authors "screamed" that they want it removed and Cryptic did (highly unlikely)

2. People are building bases faster than Cryptic wanted and they may loose money.

I go for number 2.
    Straight from the mouth of one of the leaders of the CDF - "I tell you what, Haven't spent any money either - I'm a lousy freeloader" - Jonsills 17/12/2014
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,412 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I did a fleet mission last night.. And after boring my brains out I made a measly 17 marks... Last fleet mission I did the rest of the night... If they made fleet missions reward the same as STF they would be great... But they will never do that cause it makes sense... -_-
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • user839020189287user839020189287 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I so would choke the **** out of option#1. just saying. glad it's just a game. bodies are hard to hide. well, not really. ;0
    "Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
    Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8
  • beefsupreme79beefsupreme79 Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    what you call exploiting i call usind the foundry to collect dill and fm within YOU'RE OWN GAME DESIGN. please stop implying its all the evil players faults. and stop punishing you re playerbase. to be honest, You re company hasent made many good decisions, from lockbox lotto for the games best ships and now to this.

If the object of Your experiment here is to suck you re playerbase dry of real world money, have fun but i wont be a part of it. You are whats wrong with the state of mmos today, and turning a truly iconic fraanchise like trek into the moneygrab "mmo" it is today disgusts me. Im so sorry for trek that the game fell into the hands of a company who is part of a country that has no regard for human rights or anything else but profit, and clearly it shows in the final product.

I firmly believe most of the negative changes to sto since launch have been corporate pig decisions, and the dev team is just following orders, could be wrong but im willing to give em benefit of the doubt.
  • vividhvividh Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    What was the point of adding new ways to earn DIL - when we can refine only 8k?

We need fleet marks !! and the current rewards for fleet missions are too low.
    In game: @vividh
    edited February 2013
    If battlestar galactica didnt freeze at the end of every mission, thus being unplayable, id honestly just play that. at least that is sandbox and has real open world pvp. what sto calls a galaxy, feels like im driving an RC car around my livingroom.
    edited February 2013
    You think that would really help?

Even if Dan did quit, his successor would be subject to the same PWE directived Dan is. He's just a figurehead. Yes he makes decisions on how to enact the policies PWE has decided for them.

But PWE wants to make money... bet Dan will be hitting the skids pretty damn quick.... or not.;)

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
  • solidsamsolidsam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Last night, two fleet mates and I logged in the game to get our almost nightly 150 fleet marks each when we discovered that the IOR mission was gone. I queued us up for one incredibly boring fleet mark mission and they logged off after. No one had the will to suffer through that to get the amount we could have had, while enjoying content that was ACTUALLY FUN TO PLAY.

Just to clarify, my fleet has 70+ members but only a handful of us actually contribute anything that would be considered meaningful. Thanks for sapping the fun from the game.
    Formerly known as Khannnnn
    "Spock, this 'child' is about to wipe out every living thing on Earth. Now, what do you suggest we do? Spank it?" -Commander Leonard 'Bones' McCoy, M.D.
    edited February 2013
    If battlestar galactica didnt freeze at the end of every mission, thus being unplayable, id honestly just play that. at least that is sandbox and has real open world pvp. what sto calls a galaxy, feels like im driving an RC car around my livingroom.

Was a Cylon on Caprica... might go check it out again. can't be any worse than freezing everywhere in STO.

edited February 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Thank the stars we as a fleet have enough fleet marks to finish our star base.

Though Dan, MMO 101, your opinion as a dev means NOTHING. You have forgotten a basic MMO rule that when the devs opinion matters more than that of the players paying your wages = dead MMO.

We as a fleet have decided to not bother with your boring after day one fleet content. We would rather give up than do them things again.....

totally agree.

the sad thing is though that fleet ships arent even that great. lol they still make (stupid) players buy tons of keys to gamble for the best ships in game. making the best stat ships in game payed for and ships you work for in game inferior to them is horrible game design.

basicly eventually you will end up with just the no lifers who spend there government checks on sto as your only playerbase.
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    dastahl wrote: »
    Fleet Marks will becoming common rewards for "Group Queued Gameplay" whereas Dilithium will be focused on more solo Mission Gameplay.
    Despite this, I hope the Dilithium rewards for STFs remain as-is, even as Fleet Mark rewards are added (I strongly support this, but think STFs should award both).

Overall, I agree with the OP. I'm a member of a smaller fleet which is currently stalled on the T3 upgrades (it's been hit after hit of extreme Dilithium costs for some time now), but...we're a smaller fleet. It should take us longer to reach T5, and I'm okay with that.

Of course I'm open to any tweaking or streamlining that might happen along the way, but I agree that the basic principle is sound.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • captainmerzancaptainmerzan Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    amosov78 wrote: »
    If I'm a member of a fleet, then all gameplay is fleet gameplay. I regularly team with other fleet members but we don't play those fleet-based missions, we like playing different content. How will you resolve this conundrum exactly?

Yea I beleave dsthal is missing your point , him saying foundry isnt fleet played missions, but yes they are we played them as a fleet to get the fleet marks so there for they are fleet missions lol, He doesnt get that it doesnt have to be a cryptic made fleet mission to be one, i am also in a fleet and any mission we play with our fleeties are, oh well they just dont get it when they do stuff like this there pushing people away from the foundry and from the game itself.
  • ferengitradersferengitraders Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »

I knew someone would find the post where Dan said fleet bases would be made with smaller fleets in mind.
    edited February 2013
    "Very large fleets (say, 50+ active player accounts)"

50 goes to 500... LOL

"Smoke and Mirrors" Stahl.

edited February 2013
    I've decided to finally give the tomcat (that urinates on my car EVERY time I wash it) a name. Can you guess what I will call the furry little day-wrecker?
    "Spock, this 'child' is about to wipe out every living thing on Earth. Now, what do you suggest we do? Spank it?" -Commander Leonard 'Bones' McCoy, M.D.
    edited February 2013
    zardonfar wrote: »
    Just going to throw my TRIBBLE into the wind...

My issue isn't that they pulled FM from Foundry. It makes sense to pull FM from Foundry missions.. My issue that instead of doing a balanced approach to the issue, by killed FM and not replacing with something else was just plain unfair. Also announcing it 1 day before holodeck patch wasn't that great either. Or that now that the Large Fleets are finishing their Starbases the rest of us are just screwed until they make fix the balance issue in the future.

Anyway.. Not happy.. But who cares..

What kills me is they decide to do it without a solution to implement FM in another part of game. They should stay until a better solution is implemented. Can you imagine if McDonald's said hey we are taking away french fries until we get better packaging it might be a few months but they'll be back in the meantime have a hashbrown. I'm sure Wendys and BK would very be happy.
  • lordagamemnonb5lordagamemnonb5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    A lot of double talk coming from dstahl (either that or just plain bad logic).

"Fleets are starved for dilithium.". So the apparent solution to that is to keep the cap in place, keep the exorbitant prices in place, and now take away a guaranteed dilithium reward and replace it with a scaling system that may reward less? Good thinking.

"We want to make the Foundry useful.". Yes, taking away the FM and XP rewarding IOR will certainly do that.

Not to mention hyping their new "Season 8" thru secrecy. Since when is keeping your player base in the dark ever a good thing? Oh, by the way we may or may not think about compensating for the FM loss and lack of fun content. More grind, that is made worse by these artificial caps and time gates

Welcome to Restrictions: Online everyone. And stay put for the next New York Times best-selling novel:

Dr. Dan Stahl: Or how I learned to stop worrying and kill the game.
    How the Devs see Star Trek, apparently:
    Star Trek: The Original Grind
    Star Trek: The Next Grind
    Star Trek: Deep Space Grind
    Star Trek: Voyage to the Grind
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    some random thoughts and observations:

#1 i got LESS dilithium for the same missions that i played yesterday

#2 i did not get any kind of information how much dilithium i would get BEFORE i completed the mission, how about adding a window that tells me the rewards of the mission before i accept (as i understand is the AVERAGE playtime is awarded, not mine specifically)

#3 does that mean if i play bad / slow / inefficient i get more rewards than if i play good / efficient / just got the skill to burn through those mobs?

#4 is difficulty a factor in the dilithium reward calculation? if i play on Elite i expect better rewards than somebody who plays on normal.

#5 I'm in one of the big fleets that is nearing Tier 5 on FED side, our KDF base is lacking behind, there are less players on KDF side, and it is HARD to get a KDF PUG started even with the PvE queue i sometimes sit more than 10 minutes without a match starting, many players in my fleet are from different timezones, i mostly seem active when the others aren't so the Foundry Fleetmarks were a good was for me to contribute on KDF side even without the need to team up or to sit hours in a slow moving queue to PUG it with mediocre players that end up giving me bad results on top of that.

Right now the only way i see to keep contributing to our KDF Base is DOffing and the CXP to FM Commendation Reports....
    on that note, if Foundry content is not good enough for Fleetmarks because it's "singleplayer content" then what the hell has the Duty Officer System to do with the Fleetbase?

#6 we need more rewards we can buy from the Fleetbase, we have Players in our Fleet that are sitting at the 10 million Fleet Credit CAP and don't have anything shiny to buy with it...

#7 We are barely playing the Fleet Event Missions anymore, certainly not together.
    If there was a Fleetmark multiplier, the goes higher if you play together with your fleeties instead of PUGs, then that might intice Fleets to play more together again.

#8 i expected to see MORE Fleet Event Missions with the Embassy in Season 7, but nope, the Reputation System took over all the new content, it is finished by now, and at this point i have no reason at all to play either STFs or Romulan Reputation missions (unless i want one of the Items).
    The Fleet Missions are old and boring...
    the "Edngame" of STO is looking pretty bad right now, oddly enough it looked a lot better to me in Season 6 when STFs still had a carrot attached that made me play them AND i had fun doing so... but for dilithium only, it just doesn't have the same appeal anymore.

#9 none of the "new Endgame Content" has Elite Difficulty Versions or is very challenging to begin with.
    Why?
    Only minetrap is challenging to a point, but only because so many Players are so bad at it, everything else is so easy it isn't even worth it to make premade groups with any tactics for it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    I wouldn't take his word on that. Remember when he said that the KDF would have PvE content 1-50 BEFORE the Romulan faction would be added to the game?

Look what's coming in May.
  • nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The attitude from cryptic is pretty disgusting.

You take away fleet marks because small fleets are making slow and steady progress and that is unacceptable? Its not like any small or even a medium fleet can fill more than a couple of projects a day, the dilithium costs for t4 are so ridiculous, 60k/day for 500xp? No small fleet can afford it. Thats 8 people's full contribution for one daily project.. not to mention the million other uses.
    If anyone real company took something away vital away from their customers and said.. we'll return them in a few months. What would happen? They'd lose customers. If you have a plan to remove FMs from one source, then you should have had a plan to introduce or adjust the marks in other areas. To not do this shows complete and utter incompetence.

So we are going to get a look at the refinement cap when the average daily refinement increases close to the cap? This is just bs right? blowing smoke? We all know the average STO player is pretty clueless, probably brings in no fleet marks, marginal dilithium and has trouble beating standard difficult enemies. You will never get close to the cap on average, the gap between average and advanced is just too large.

The statement about starbase progression "design" is clearly a fabrication to calm the masses. You wanted to design a system that challenged large fleets so they didn't reach tier 5 overnight so you put high requirements in? But you time gated this, the 500 person fleets have so much resources their members can't even get fleet credits, and they are still time gated. So how what concerns of this overnight advancement is there really? The whole statement looks just made up. A fleet of 25 people that all log on every single day, all hit their dil caps and earn marks (this is a fantasy fleet that doesn't exist) wouldn't be able to meet the requirements of a t4 holdings daily. They would need about 170k dil daily? Plus upgrades, which are over the top expensive.

I don't understand this corporate philosophy of having to make your customers miserable. Why can't you let them be happy? They were a couple weeks ago, they could play, ACHIEVE something and feel proud of it, even if they were casual and can't spend hours a night grinding, they could do something... now you need the hours of grinding to do anything again. You need to get off your datamining and into the game and see what it really is, statistics don't provide perspective, feelings, the sense of despair.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
    edited February 2013
    rinkster wrote: »
    Anyone else noticed that they've pulled the entire facebook page?

I mean, all of it, every single post.

Really D'Stahl?

Are you perhaps beginning to realise that this terrible decision is going to backfire on you?

Are you getting the point yet?

This isn't just a normal knee jerk reaction to change.

This is us telling you, you've got this terribly, appallingly wrong.

Months waiting for a solution isn't remotely good enough.

I reckon you have hours, maybe a day or two, before the damage becomes irreversible.

Yes I noticed last night when the raging started. That's how I knew about this thread but they started yanking it down shortly after it was posted. They also keep closing threads out of feedback moving them to the discussion section and now this news thread. In effect scattering everyone's comments, but its not going to stop peoples disgust! There were 44 pages on one thread and 74 pages on another and now 47 pages on this one.
  • lordagamemnonb5lordagamemnonb5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    solidsam wrote: »
    I wouldn't take his word on that. Remember when he said that the KDF would have PvE content 1-50 BEFORE the Romulan faction would be added to the game?

Look what's coming in May.

I wonder if that why they are so scret about May. Could they be trying to hold off the rage as much as possible?
    How the Devs see Star Trek, apparently:
    Star Trek: The Original Grind
    Star Trek: The Next Grind
    Star Trek: Deep Space Grind
    Star Trek: Voyage to the Grind
    edited February 2013
    48!!!!!!!!

• stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I prefer Checkers fries, myself. With that awesome batter they have McDonalds, Wendy's and BK beat by a thousand miles.

Fact: Dan said that they will be adding new sources of FMs in preparation for the May update which has a couple of systems in it that will also reduce the cost of fleet projects.

You're of the quaint notion that what Dstahl says is going to happen, and what actually happens are the same thing. How adorable.

Also, when are these changes going in? How will they compare income-wise to the IOR? What are fleets who relied on IOR for meaningful starbase progression to do in the meantime without developing insane burnout from mind-numbing grinding and leaving STO?
  • rossrobertsonrossrobertson Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'd just like to remind the devs that not all the players have the time nor the inclination to constantly grind for the various marks and dilithium.
    By closing loopholes and herding players to earn the rewards in specific, rigid ways is alienating the playerbase. Many to the point of quitting altogether. Most of us have to grind in our daily jobs. We come to STO for recreation and fun. Being forced to also grind here is not fun.
    edited February 2013
    nicha0 wrote: »
    I don't understand this corporate philosophy of having to make your customers miserable. Why can't you let them be happy? They were a couple weeks ago, they could play, ACHIEVE something and feel proud of it, even if they were casual and can't spend hours a night grinding, they could do something... now you need the hours of grinding to do anything again. You need to get off your datamining and into the game and see what it really is, statistics don't provide perspective, feelings, the sense of despair.

Pretty much this. Why don't you go incognito, make a couple of accounts, join some small fleets and keep your identity secret. See what people think about you and your system then and get a good dose of just how boring it is. I've had root canals that were more pleasurable than grinding fleet marks on your "content". I'm sad to report that wasn't an exaggeration.
This discussion has been closed.