test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re: Foundry/ Fleet Mark Reward Changes

Comments

• neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Don't worry Authors I still love ya, and that's all that matters.:)

Wow, this thread has just gone off the deep end of crazy:eek:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • absolutepurevil1absolutepurevil1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Great

How is my KDF toon gonna get FM's when I've queued up, (during FM event), and I did other stuff waiting.. For well over an hour!!!

Also why is there no daily mission for Fed minefield? (Like for Gorn Minefield)

Klinks can barely get any FMs as all, we need too many to tier up our bases on top of all that dilithium.. Plus you need fleet creds AND DILITHIUM to buy fleet items... You're dropping the ball big time here, you dumbasses are not realizing that people want to play this game and you're purposefully doing things to drive them away. If you don't like your jobs just ****ing QUIT already they'll hire someone else.

****ing rich kids.
  • sudoku7sudoku7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    You know , I don't have much experience with fanfic these days , but back in the mid 90's I was part of another fandom that ran out of "official media" and one way to entertain each other was through fanfics and fanzines (this was in the early days of the internets) .

Back then there was "good fanfic" , "bad fanfic" and "marysue" (slash and other stuff came later) .

It should be noted that slash-fics were about during the TOS era with Kirk/Spock. That's the earliest one that I know of, but it's quite possible others came earlier.
  • supremeheretic36supremeheretic36 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    izdubar2 wrote: »
    PWE should get the majority, but I don't think weeks of pestilential "discussion" on the Foundry forums should be granted clemency either.

Point taken Izdubar, I can't speak on that since I actively returned to playing only 12 days ago, but I get the gist. I also want to take a moment to thank you because your boff ground missions certainly helped me get accolades that when I previously played I had a lot of trouble getting.

I greatly appreciate that, and hope you'll accept my gratitude. I had my captain in there pew pewing with my Boffs, it was awesome mowing down those Jemmies.
    Lifetime subber and former STO player from when it didn't suck.

Fed: Astarsha, level 60 tactical officer

KDF: K'tana level 54 tactical officer
  • lordagamemnonb5lordagamemnonb5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I might get reamed for this but:

How the hell is this thread still open ?:confused:
    How the Devs see Star Trek, apparently:
    Star Trek: The Original Grind
    Star Trek: The Next Grind
    Star Trek: Deep Space Grind
    Star Trek: Voyage to the Grind
  • heyolejonnyboyheyolejonnyboy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    thanks for making the foundry completely useless... i dont care about dilithium.... i want fleet marks.. and your missions to get them are pathetic and dont reward enough of them...this is the first time im actually mad at you cryptic...
  • olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    kirksplat wrote: »
    Or, it could be that we have a Community Manager who is proud of some of our stories and devs who agree with him, regarding what the Foundry is meant to be used for: player fanfic.

If I wanted to deal with bad fanfic, I'd go watch Enterprise again.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    *cackles maniacally*

I take it you weren't around in Season 4. Back then the rewards for Foundry were nearly non-existent and people played it anyways.

Why? they wanted to see a new story they hadn't seen yet.

AHHH... But in season 4 we didn't have a job to do when we logged on. We didn't enslave ourselves to the grind for starbases, embassies, reputations, elite gear, and doffs. A lot has changed since the foundry started and much of it is time consuming.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
    edited February 2013
    olivia211 wrote: »

On a positive note, we do have that sexay T'pol uni in game :D

• thebumblethebumble Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    gr4v1t4r wrote: »
    ...Maybe my friends will spend some more time actually *playing* the game instead of grinding away. Those that don't quit and give up on this game altogether that is.

I doubt it. They just increased the grind.

You'll see less of them now..XD
  • collegepark2151collegepark2151 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »

Free Hat!! Free Hat!! Free Hat!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porthos is not amused.
  • gr4v1t4rgr4v1t4r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Because the guys at PWE know their Sun Tzu; To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    Lost and Delirious... and Disenchanted too
    Apparently some forum posters have diplomatic immunity nowadays, where can I get mine?
    askray wrote: »
    Expressing my opinion isn't trolling but nice try. Besides, if I was you wouldn't know it ;P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013

Such wit in all your responses. I'd send you some chocolates if I could.
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited February 2013

CBS manufactured and endorsed fanfic mind you. Yeah it got canceled, but still.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • avarseiravarseir Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm sure all of us KDF players know that getting a fleet event queue going for KDF side takes a longgg time, especially when its not fleet marks hour.

So.. how are we supposed to get fleet marks now??

FYI, I'm in queue for Fleet Starbase Defense/Blockade for 1 Hr 43 Mins and counting...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The only positive to come out of this is that people are actually playing the Fleet Mark PvE queues again, whether they like it or not. :P
  • gr4v1t4rgr4v1t4r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    thebumble wrote: »
    I doubt it. They just increased the grind.

You'll see less of them now..XD

Can you blame me for wishfull thinking? It's all that's left for me:rolleyes:
    Lost and Delirious... and Disenchanted too
    Apparently some forum posters have diplomatic immunity nowadays, where can I get mine?
    askray wrote: »
    Expressing my opinion isn't trolling but nice try. Besides, if I was you wouldn't know it ;P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Link please. I remember at one point, I was like, "OMG Nerf the whole Foundry!" and most authors were like "Whoa that's crazy." BranFlakes even immediately locked my thread. I then kind of calmed down and changed my mind.

I have never, that I recall, singled out FMs as the source of the problem.

oh dear.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=537351

From the first page of this thread.....

"Remove all rewards from Foundry missions, at least until a better means of sifting through the missions is found. I consider this to be a fairly draconian solution to the problem, but may lead to less hatred after the initial storm blows over. "

collegepark2151

"There is serious wisdom in this as a short term solution."

hippiejon

And you may find this familiar from the second page

"Both systems of rewards worked against the story-tellers, while working for players who needed stuffz in the least amount of time for the most amount of stuffz.

If there is no alternative to that trap, then I say remove the trap."

Kirksplat
  • izdubar2izdubar2 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Point taken Izdubar, I can't speak on that since I actively returned to playing only 12 days ago, but I get the gist. I also want to take a moment to thank you because your boff ground missions certainly helped me get accolades that when I previously played I had a lot of trouble getting.

I greatly appreciate that, and hope you'll accept my gratitude. I had my captain in there pew pewing with my Boffs, it was awesome mowing down those Jemmies.

Thank you very much. It does mean a lot.
    How MMO companies reach for the stars: "And as far as Season 7 being "grindy" - welcome to the MMORPG genre."
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    mikefl wrote: »
    AHHH... But in season 4 we didn't have a job to do when we logged on. We didn't enslave ourselves to the grind for starbases, embassies, reputations, elite gear, and doffs. A lot has changed since the foundry started and much of it is time consuming.

Why do players slave themselves so much....relax take a chill pill it's only a game.

unless you want things NOW NOW NOW then well yeah time to slave.

Me i like to stop and pet a tribble...and yet I still have time to help my fleet mates:)
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited February 2013

Because if they close this one then five more will take its place... better to consolidate the rage here and hide it in the discussion thread rather than under feedback where it belongs.
  • born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Don't worry Authors I still love ya, and that's all that matters.:)

I want in before this thread is shut down!!

Just so you all no for the first 4-6 weeks of starbases - the only way to get Fleet marks was - FLEET MARK MISSIONS!!

Holy short memories Batman!
    edited February 2013
    Well, I think this is enough posting for one night, or at least for the moment. I think now I'm going to log in, and for a change I'm gonna make me a KDF and just focus some good ol' rage on NPC ships doing Empire Defense. My other characters can have a night off, I'm too aggressive right now to play Fed. :D

• knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I want in before this thread is shut down!!

Just so you all no for the first 4-6 weeks of starbases - the only way to get Fleet marks was - FLEET MARK MISSIONS!!

Holy short memories Batman!

Yes, and as Chris on stoked once said, time gated missions aren't the way to go. People grinding IOR's is just another example of Chris and the rest of us being proved true. People are tired of the same fleet grinders over and over that can only be done at X time, which isn't convenient to those of us that have odd work schedules.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • litchy74litchy74 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I work have a full time job, have kids have a life, I get maybe an hour or so in a night in front of the PC.

The 30 min founarys ment I could do a farmer then maybe do a little mission, The Corsairs is a great little story 10-15 minutes long, this got me some FM dill and EC from loot for my toons.

I felt I was a active member of my fleet and enjoyed the game MORE because it hid the grind.

I don't have the time for hours and hours of grinding, I don't want it.

Im voting with my wallet, gold being canceled this weekend.
    Where ever you go, there you are.......

Join The Space Invaders,..... Federation and KDF fleets.
    edited February 2013
    Why do players slave themselves so much....relax take a chill pill it's only a game.

unless you want things NOW NOW NOW then well yeah time to slave.

Me i like to stop and pet a tribble...and yet I still have time to help my fleet mates:)

It's not now now now... I have been working on the starbase for 7 months... I wouldn't say that's instant gratification. The constant changing is just getting old. You find a way to make it work and still have time play other missions and then, oh no, we have to change it again even though people are earning it according to the guidelines put forth.
  • olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    On a positive note, we do have that sexay T'pol uni in game :D

I actually kinda liked Enterprise except for the last episode. But Enterprise seems to be Star Trek's red headed stepchild and good for a chuckle.

People are really liking my video lol.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    mikefl wrote: »
    It's not now now now... I have been working on the starbase for 7 months... I wouldn't say that's instant gratification. The constant changing is just getting old. You find a way to make it work and still have time play other missions and then, oh no, we have to change it again even though people are earning it according to the guidelines put forth.

Ditto. My Klingon fleet has been grinding it's eyes out to get from tier 3 to tier 4 for the last 2 months. Omg, it's so fast!!!
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
    edited February 2013
    rinkster wrote: »
    oh dear.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=537351

From the first page of this thread.....

"Remove all rewards from Foundry missions, at least until a better means of sifting through the missions is found. I consider this to be a fairly draconian solution to the problem, but may lead to less hatred after the initial storm blows over. "

collegepark2151

"There is serious wisdom in this as a short term solution."

hippiejon

And you may find this familiar from the second page

"Both systems of rewards worked against the story-tellers, while working for players who needed stuffz in the least amount of time for the most amount of stuffz.

If there is no alternative to that trap, then I say remove the trap."

Kirksplat

For some strange reason, some of the supporters of this debacle expect us lowly masses to be devoid of reading skills.
  • bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    marc8219 wrote: »
    My KDF fleet Beautiful Orions will do just fine without this because we actually run the Fleet mark events together as a fleet. We do the 20 man starbase defense flawlessly and thats around 100 marks per person for 20 people each time and we can get groups for this together several times a day if needed.

The idea behind having a fleet and starbase is you are supposed to grow your fleet big enough so you can also do stuff like this and not have to rely on the public queues.
    Would some of you be happy if they put fleet marks back, but set them to scale with dilithium rewards?

The trick might be if the scaling rewards length.

Ex:

15 min mission = 10 FM
    30 min mission = 30 FM
    45 min mission = 65 FM
    60 min mission = 100 FM

This would grant FMs, but at the same time encourage the play of longer stories, since repeating a boff grinders would earn less than sitting down and playing a story mission. Or it would encourage some authors to make long and epic grinds, instead of ones where you lay behind a fence and shootz stuffz.

No, don't like it, ad you gave them a very bad idea.
This discussion has been closed.