What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Blackavaar's Guide to Canon Colors

Comments

• Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Mind you, security officers are in the Operations division, so should be wearing Operations Gold.
  • Options
    felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    There's always been a sort of implied distinction in the shows, especially in the science / medical division split (they actually got different colors). The colors have always been changing though, so it's not really a big deal to which divisions get which color. Check out the operations colors in the movie era (2270s - 2350s): http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Starfleet_uniform That's five different colors for each operations section!
  • Options
    ussboleynussboleyn Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited January 2013
  • Options
    mailman650mailman650 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Now that we got the belts from Yesterdays Enterprise, we can make accurate Alt timeline Enterprise D uniforms :cool:

I think if you use the MU colors for the TNG uniforms but swap out the Terran belt and communicator for the new gear we got plus the TNG comunicator, you'd be good to go.
  • Options
    uss917019uss917019 Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ok i have no clue if you have done it or not but i am way to lazy to look through all of the forum posts anyway what i would like to know is you can tell me what are the right colors for the Odeyssy Uniforms where you buy them from the fleet tailor store in your starbase

Please and thank you :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    alan1701halan1701h Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    uss917019 wrote: »
    Ok i have no clue if you have done it or not but i am way to lazy to look through all of the forum posts anyway what i would like to know is you can tell me what are the right colors for the Odeyssy Uniforms where you buy them from the fleet tailor store in your starbase

Please and thank you :)

Unfortunately Blackavaar doesn't visit this forum as often as he used to and all the guides he did were prior to the Odyssey uniform introduction. Hopefully one day he'll come back and create one for it...until then maybe someone else on the forum with a knack of creating these guides will make one for the Odyssey uniform.
  • Options
    trekpantstrekpants Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I came up with guides for the Wells uniforms, breaking it down to Tactical, Science and Engineer, based on as many screen captures I could find. Unfortunately, the Uniform Color Gallery on STO Wiki is locked, but I've submitted a request to admins to see if they can add it, since Blackavaar seems to be MIA at the moment.

http://www.stowiki.org/File:Wells_Tac.png
    http://www.stowiki.org/File:Wells_Sci.png
    http://www.stowiki.org/File:Wells_Eng.png
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    trekpants wrote: »
    I came up with guides for the Wells uniforms, breaking it down to Tactical, Science and Engineer, based on as many screen captures I could find. Unfortunately, the Uniform Color Gallery on STO Wiki is locked, but I've submitted a request to admins to see if they can add it, since Blackavaar seems to be MIA at the moment.

http://www.stowiki.org/File:Wells_Tac.png
    http://www.stowiki.org/File:Wells_Sci.png
    http://www.stowiki.org/File:Wells_Eng.png

Great job.

/\
  • Options
    edited February 2013
  • Options
    edited February 2013

More excellent uniforms, I believe we have found a worthy successor to blackavaar.

Did you make the awesome TOS Klingon uniform?

/\
  • Options
    f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    just a quick point, they only had one shade of blue with those Season 1 uniforms, the light teal wasn't introduced until they issued the later season TNG uniform. The only reason there were different colors was because they changed fabrics but continued to use multiple versions side by side. The other two colors changed slightly too, but it's not as noticeably different as the science blues. Otherwise, these look good, I'm glad someone could pickup where Blackavar left off.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    ussboleyn wrote: »
    Did you make the awesome TOS Klingon uniform?

Yes, that was me. I wasn't a big fan of the previous guide that showed a Liberated Borg Klingon (wearing black gloves for some reason).
    just a quick point, they only had one shade of blue with those Season 1 uniforms, the light teal wasn't introduced until they issued the later season TNG uniform. The only reason there were different colors was because they changed fabrics but continued to use multiple versions side by side. The other two colors changed slightly too, but it's not as noticeably different as the science blues. Otherwise, these look good, I'm glad someone could pickup where Blackavar left off.

Yeah, but I figure it's not that much of a stretch. The current uniform guide seemed to favor having the medical officer variant included, and I didn't want to stray.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Yes, that was me. I wasn't a big fan of the previous guide that showed a Liberated Borg Klingon (wearing black gloves for some reason).

i use the one you made on my KDF toon but with the season 1 worf sash,

just wish the sash could be worn on the other side.

/\
  • Options
    f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Yeah, but I figure it's not that much of a stretch. The current uniform guide seemed to favor having the medical officer variant included, and I didn't want to stray.

yeah, it's not you, I'm just not a fan of the concept of the "Medical variant" in general, because it's a myth, both Sci and Med crew wore the same mix of uniforms, with the same variety of colors in both departments, because the costuming department didn't think we'd notice the difference. The variants don't have anything to do with department.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Welcome to the party Neo-Blackavaar, er, I mean TrekPants. :P

While I miss Lord Blackavaar's fine craftsmanship, your updates are nice work as well, thank you!

I don't suppose you have guides for the Fed (Fleet) Odyssey uniform, and the KDF (Fleet) Bortusqu and (Lobi/Wells counterpart) Korath uniforms?

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    mendeleevmendeleev Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sorry to post here, but I just cant get anything else to work.

I cant start a new thread anywhere else due to:
    Hello Captain!

At this time, you may only post replies to threads that have already been created. After a certain amount of time has passed since your registration date, you will be able to create new threads in forums that allow it.

Thanks,

The Star Trek Online Community Team

I don't even see a forum section to ask in anyway. I tried clicking support, I tried looking all over and they all round about link me back to the same palce that doesnt help me. So... forum restricted like crazy, no idea why. Can't get the in game purchase system to work or the online one. guess ya'll don't like customers?

I tried twice to buy zen.... but just get a blank screen after filling in everything and accepting the purchase. I show no zen received. Someone please help me... that is if you want someone to be your customer. Perfect Worlds purchase system isnt working for me.

Bought prepaid cards now. But following the directions it brings me back to the same billing.perfectworld link that.... doesnt work. Theres no place that sayd "Redeem Prepaid Cards" on that page... this is really aggravating.

Help would be appreciated.
  • Options
    nassirisnassiris Member Posts: 111
    edited February 2013
    Nuts, You cannot tell what the uniform colors are now because the photobucket pics are so small.
  • Options
    ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    nassiris wrote: »
    Nuts, You cannot tell what the uniform colors are now because the photobucket pics are so small.
    and you cant tell because they colors in the tv series look different with every change of lightning

and yesterday i saw on german Tv a voyager episode there were 2 different color uniform 1. black und (bigerpart)color 2. color and black (bigerpart)

to sash i wish we could have the one worf used later the silver mattle one
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • Options
    nassirisnassiris Member Posts: 111
    edited February 2013
    Thank you for resizing the photobucket uniform pic's, I can see numbers for the different colors now.
  • Options
    rockplant1rockplant1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Nice job on the Wells Uniforms. I have my entire crew rocking them though I was curious if anyone knew what color pattern Captain Walker uses in Temporal Ambassador. I've been messing around trying to find the colors but I'm not really sure if I found them. Anyone know?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I don't suppose you have guides for the Fed (Fleet) Odyssey uniform, and the KDF (Fleet) Bortusqu and (Lobi/Wells counterpart) Korath uniforms?

Unfortunately not. I haven't acquired those uniforms in-game yet. Maybe someday?

Now that the STO Wiki page is unlocked, perhaps someone else can contibute as well?
    rockplant1 wrote: »
    Nice job on the Wells Uniforms. I have my entire crew rocking them though I was curious if anyone knew what color pattern Captain Walker uses in Temporal Ambassador. I've been messing around trying to find the colors but I'm not really sure if I found them. Anyone know?

I'll have to play that mission again and see. I know that NPCs are made with a larger color palette than what the tailor gives us access to, so it's possible we may not be able to match him 100%.
  • Options
    toddulatoddula Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    There's a bug on the Female version of the Motion Picture badge. My best work around is to switch to another badge, choose the second color on that badge and then switch back. This still limits you to only the metallic colors however, which means most divisional colors are not available. Hopefully they will fix this issue someday.

:cool:

I'm a little blown away this isn't fixed yet. Glad I just forked over some ZEN for this.

C'mon Cryptic...its been quite a while on this one
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Need some community help with department colors:

I have devided all three professions into six separate departments with their own uniform shirt and colour:

Commanding (Captain and XO): White I16
    Engineering: Orange B12
    Operations: Turquoise E12
    Medical: Blue F9
    Science: Green D8
    Security: Navy F1
    Tactical: Red A7

Now that I have an old monitor and a lower graphics card, I think some colours could be adjusted better.

I was never a friend of having one colour for more than one department like it was shown in TNG etc.
    I wanted to give each pofession it's own fashin and colour.

Would love to get some ideas from the community.
  • Options
    diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    rockplant1 wrote: »

From what I could tell, there seemed to be some mistakes with his uniform in that mission. He was wearing what appeared to be the Sciences grey colour (as opposed to the Command blue), the colours of his combadge were reversed from the way they should be (according to the episode the uniform features in), and his rank pips were silver, rather than gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I hope that with the Romulan faction being introduced soon and with it and a whole new wardrobe of uniforms to play with that Blackavaar will return to create guides for them...and any other new free uniforms that get introduced along the way.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,106 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmmm i'll give it a shot if Blackavaar isn't to come back.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Hmmm i'll give it a shot if Blackavaar isn't to come back.

If you could that then great! :)
  • Options
    tannalastannalas Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been searching for a break down of what colors on the choice menu when you talk to a tailor are, but haven't been able to find them.

Do you or anyone here know where I might find such information?

What I'm looking for is what are the color codes for each color option.
  • Options
    rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am interested in a good Tal Shiar uniform guide. I've been trying to match the colors but everything seems off.
  • Options
    felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am interested in a good Tal Shiar uniform guide. I've been trying to match the colors but everything seems off.

I don't seem to have the belt, the shoulder / collar things, or the Tal Shiar sash, either. Is that intended, or am I supposed to look like one of the Tal Shiar peons rather than one of the commanders?
This discussion has been closed.