test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Blackavaar's Guide to Canon Colors

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Uh Black, is there any reason why the rank pips and the combadge for the mirror 25th century starfleet were changed? Last I checked, which was 5 minutes ago, they're still a black standard combadge and black rank pips ingame on the NPCs. Aside from that though, the latest guides are glorious!

Also, how are the guides for the MACO, OMEGA, and KHG uniforms coming along? ;)
    edited April 2012
    Uh Black, is there any reason why the rank pips and the combadge for the mirror 25th century starfleet were changed? Last I checked, which was 5 minutes ago, they're still a black standard combadge and black rank pips ingame on the NPCs. Aside from that though, the latest guides are glorious!

Also, how are the guides for the MACO, OMEGA, and KHG uniforms coming along? ;)

Since they added the ability to use the Terran Empire badge on Starfleet uniforms, I anticipated that they would update the 25th Century Mirror uniforms along with that change. So, I changed all of the guides to use the Terran Empire badge and then they just went and left the 25th Century uniforms as they were. I am still hopeful that they will update them someday at which point the guides will be accurate.

And I'm sorry but I will not be doing guides for the STF Grind Gear. I just cannot get into repeating those missions over and over enough times to earn the pieces.

:cool:
    edited April 2012
    Blackavaar wrote: »
    Since they added the ability to use the Terran Empire badge on Starfleet uniforms, I anticipated that they would update the 25th Century Mirror uniforms along with that change. So, I changed all of the guides to use the Terran Empire badge and then they just went and left the 25th Century uniforms as they were. I am still hopeful that they will update them someday at which point the guides will be accurate.

And I'm sorry but I will not be doing guides for the STF Grind Gear. I just cannot get into repeating those missions over and over enough times to earn the pieces.

Maybe someone who has unlocked them can help? I'd be willing to play around and try to match the colors, and provide screen shots, if you can make the guide from that. I have unlocked mk XI KHG and Omega outfits, am working on maco, as well as mk xii versions of the KHG and Omega, and eventually MACO.
    edited April 2012
    Maybe someone who has unlocked them can help? I'd be willing to play around and try to match the colors, and provide screen shots, if you can make the guide from that. I have unlocked mk XI KHG and Omega outfits, am working on maco, as well as mk xii versions of the KHG and Omega, and eventually MACO.

Yes, that would help greatly. Thank you! Just post the screenshots and color matches whenever you can and I will use them to make the guides.

edited April 2012
    I love your Mirror Universe TOS guide and have used it for my 3 bridge crew members. Thanks again for the charts. I cant wait for more bridge crew members.
    edited April 2012
    Blackavaar, maybe you know where I can preview / see these new outfits added with Ferengi boxes? I know, they are expensive and you won't probably make guide for them, but maybe other players put screenshots of them somewhere?
    edited April 2012
    by right clicking on the item in the lobi store, you can get a picture of the outfit on a mannequin.
    edited April 2012
    I'm aware that they aren't in the game, but have you given any thought to trying your hand at designing a series of Emergency Hologram uniforms that use the Jupiter costumes?
    edited April 2012
    Your 25th century Bajoran uniforms are wrong. If you vist Bajor you will see that their colors are similiar to the ones from the DS9 era.
    edited April 2012
    Lorel wrote:
    Blackavaar, maybe you know where I can preview / see these new outfits added with Ferengi boxes? I know, they are expensive and you won't probably make guide for them, but maybe other players put screenshots of them somewhere?

Take a peek here in the Art forum.
    edited May 2012
    I have to say, I went through most of my stuff last night adjusting it to your guide. The only thing that I am a little torn between is on the Galaxy class windows, I believe it lists window 2 where I was using window 4. Window 2 looks more like a galaxy but the escape pods or lifeboats as they were called are triangular like on the Soverign class where the Galaxy had square ones on the hull.

Aside from that I really enjoy making my TNG movie uniforms me and my bridge officers wear to be correct. Makes things look a lot nicer.
    edited May 2012
    Any of our STF gear volunteers have the guide for the HG XI set? I just got mine a few days ago and couldn't for the life of me get that brown/red tone :confused:
    edited May 2012
    I have the XII sets :P however the npcs are wearing several differnt shades... so I'm not sure what to go on.
    edited May 2012
    Seem's like very quiet here in the last Time /:
    Think avaar is very Busy at the moment.

Another think is that we have not sseing New Uniforms in the Last Months):
    edited June 2012
    Ok I have a really close looking MACO mk xi uniform colors to the ones the NPC use I will update this post a little later with the Color coordinate with the respective item.
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Well I hope Blackavaar comes back and keeps updating this.
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Is the new Star Trek movie just wearing the TOS uniforms?

(Well, not "new" since that was 3 years ago, but you know what I mean.)
  • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    There is no Blackavaar, only Zuul.
    w8xekp.jpg
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    darkjeff wrote: »

That's the closest thing. There was a screenshot of some uniforms that were actually the same texture, but they're not allowed in game for licensing issues with CBS and Paramount.
  • hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    darkjeff wrote: »

There are some minor modifications and updates - a Starfleet-arrowhead pattern on the tunics themselves, short sleeves as an option on some uniforms (Uhura's) besides McCoy's, etc - but the overall look is very similar, as was intended.

EDIT: Oh, and the cadet uniforms are much different, of course. Out with Finnegan's silver, in with reds.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2012
    hfmudd wrote: »
    EDIT: Oh, and the cadet uniforms are much different, of course. Out with Finnegan's silver, in with reds.

I'm sure the red uniforms are the cadet dress uniforms and the blue ones from the kobayashi maru scene are the standard ones.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • takeshi6takeshi6 Member Posts: 752 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Subscribing to this epic thread again--lost the subscription info from my Cryptic Account when I had to link it to this new Perfect World Account, which I'm sure is true for everyone else here, as well. :(

Well, I just hope that Black (or whatever his new account goes by) is still around and continues updating this. :D:cool:
    76561198160276582.png
  • salcheesalchee Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2012
    Went immediately to subscribe this topic after linking... grr linking....
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It seems like the Antares 02 uniform doesn't match the NPCs anymore, I'm comparing myself to the ship crew and the security officer on DS9, and at least the pants are the wrong color. Did they change something?
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,903 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    don't forget about 90% of the "color variants" are the results of washing th costumes
    sig.jpg
  • f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I can't wait until he posts the S1 TNG uniforms, I know the colors will be slightly different from the later ones, and I'm eager to see his take on them.
  • alan1701halan1701h Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Is Blackavaar still around but under a different alias? He hasn't made a post in such a very long time I'm beginning to fear the worst.
  • blackavaarblackavaar Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    alan1701h wrote: »
    Is Blackavaar still around but under a different alias? He hasn't made a post in such a very long time I'm beginning to fear the worst.

I'm still kicking, Alan. I just haven't been around much lately because I don't like the direction PWE has taken this game. Everything is such a grind now and all of the koolest stuff is stuffed away in "you might get this if you're lucky" boxes. I still don't get why they used a different F2P model than CO, because CO is still fun and never feels grindy.

And btw, since I had to create a PWE account to even post on the forums I can no longer edit any of my previous posts. So, I'm thinking about recreating this guide as my own fan site. I'll let you know.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    blackavaar wrote: »
    I'm still kicking, Alan. I just haven't been around much lately because I don't like the direction PWE has taken this game. Everything is such a grind now and all of the koolest stuff is stuffed away in "you might get this if you're lucky" boxes. I still don't get why they used a different F2P model than CO, because CO is still fun and never feels grindy.

And btw, since I had to create a PWE account to even post on the forums I can no longer edit any of my previous posts. So, I'm thinking about recreating this guide as my own fan site. I'll let you know.

I can't say anything about that but it would be a shame if you would stop working on uniforms.

Btw. i would like to get some advice from you, if you don't mind.
    I know there are some who oppose the 2009 Trek movie but i just love the U.S.S. Kelvins uniforms. Which in game uniform would you use if you would make a mock up of it for STO?
    I have been toying around with the AGT uniform but it's cumberbound looks just awful.

Live long and prosper.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2012
    yreodred wrote: »
    I can't say anything
    I know there are some who oppose the 2009 Trek movie but i just love the U.S.S. Kelvins uniforms. Which in game uniform would you use if you would make a mock up of it for STO?
    I have been toying around with the AGT uniform but it's cumberbound looks just awful.

I used the TNG series 1 uniform with the Jupiter belt, shame you cant tuck the shirt into the trousers.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.