Install Arc
Options

Blackavaar's Guide to Canon Colors

Comments

• Options
    rockplant1rockplant1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Captain Shon's Uniform

Jupiter Veteran: I-1 A-6 I-3 I-1(Also Kyona's Uniform)

Command Badge: A-7

Captain Rank: A-5

Starfleet Academy pants: I-1 I-1 (Kyona wears the Academy skirt with A-6 I-1 I-1)

Starfleet Academy shoes: I-1 I-1

Pretty close to what he wears. What I gather from Savel and Tem are these.

Jupiter Veteran: I-1 E-7 I-3 I-1

Science Badge: A-7

Rank Badge: A-5

Starfleet Academy Pants: I-1 I-1
    Starfleet Academy Skirt: E-7 I-1 I-1

Starfleet Academy Shoes: I-1 I-1
    Starfleet Academy Heels for Tem and Kyona

Still working on Winters and O'Brien, also I have a mock up of Matthias if anyone has interest in it.
  • Options
    alan1701halan1701h Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    rockplant1 wrote: »
    Captain Shon's Uniform

Jupiter Veteran: I-1 A-6 I-3 I-1(Also Kyona's Uniform)

Command Badge: A-7

Captain Rank: A-5

Starfleet Academy pants: I-1 I-1 (Kyona wears the Academy skirt with A-6 I-1 I-1)

Starfleet Academy shoes: I-1 I-1

Pretty close to what he wears. What I gather from Savel and Tem are these.

Jupiter Veteran: I-1 E-7 I-3 I-1

Science Badge: A-7

Rank Badge: A-5

Starfleet Academy Pants: I-1 I-1
    Starfleet Academy Skirt: E-7 I-1 I-1

Starfleet Academy Shoes: I-1 I-1
    Starfleet Academy Heels for Tem and Kyona

Still working on Winters and O'Brien, also I have a mock up of Matthias if anyone has interest in it.

That's brilliant! Thank you so much! Really appreciative of that! I'm definitely looking forward to the uniforms of Winters and O'Brien and I'm also definitely interesting in seeing your Matthias mock up! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Hello all!

I was wondering if someone out there could identify the various colour set-ups of the Odyssey-style uniforms that seem to be in primary use on-board the newly refitted ESD please? It'd be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance for any and all help with this!
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    alan1701h wrote: »
    I was wondering if someone out there could identify the various colour set-ups of the Odyssey-style uniforms that seem to be in primary use on-board the newly refitted ESD please? It'd be much appreciated!

As a matter of fact, here are the exact colors/parts being used as per this Dev's post on Reddit:
    http://redd.it/23x9t8

:)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    As a matter of fact, here are the exact colors/parts being used as per this Dev's post on Reddit:
    http://redd.it/23x9t8

I've actually already been told about this on another thread, but thank you anyway! :) There will undoubtedly be people on this thread that might not know about that Dev's Reddit post regarding the Odyssey-type uniforms so thank you for that posting that link on this thread too! :)
  • Options
    yellowgirlsyellowgirls Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Does anyone have an updated color guide for the Starfleet wrath of khan uniforms? Since the change to the new palette I'm having trouble trying to mirror the original colors.
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Does anyone have an updated color guide for the Starfleet wrath of khan uniforms? Since the change to the new palette I'm having trouble trying to mirror the original colors.

If you just want to use the closest to the old guide colors available, pick a piece that still uses the uniform palette, select the appropriate colors from the guide on it, then apply them to the uniform by using the previously used colors at the top of the palette. It'll pick the closest match to the old colors in the new palette that way.
  • Options
    millicmillic Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Here are the colors I use for the Odyssey uniform:

Tactical:

Upper: I1 | A8 | H22 | I1
    Command Insignia: A6
    Belt (Odyssey): I1 | I1 | I9 | H23
    Belt (Jupiter): I1 | I11 | I7| I2
    Lower: I1
    Feet: I1 | I1

Science:

Upper: I1 | E9 | H22 | I1
    Sciences Insignia: A6

Operations:

Upper: I1 | C8 | H22 | I1
    Operations Insignia: A6

Intelligance (like Commander Burgess):

Upper: I1 | G24 | H22 | I1
    Combadge: A6

Medical:

Upper: I16 | E9 | H22 | I1
    Belt (Odyssey): I16 | I1 | I9 | H23
    Belt (Jupiter): I1 | I11 | I7| I16
    Lower: I16
    Feet: H22 | I1

Captain:

Upper: I1 | A8 | H12 | I1

Admiral:

Upper: I1 | A8 | I1 | H12

And last but not least, my own vulcan phaser chick... T'TRIBBLE was it right?

Upper: H9 | I1 | A6 | H12
    Belt (Odyssey): I10 | I1 | I9 | H23
    Lower (Sierra Skirt 2, Matte): H9 | H9 | H5

Pictures will follow soon
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    millic wrote: »
    Here are the colors I use for the Odyssey uniform:

Tactical:

Upper: I1 | A8 | H22 | I1
    Belt (Odyssey): I1 | I1 | I9 | H23
    Belt (Jupiter): I1 | I11 | I7| I2
    Lower: I1

Science:

Upper: I1 | E9 | H22 | I1

Operations:

Upper: I1 | C8 | H22 | I1
    Operations Insignia: A6

Intelligance (like Commander Burgess):

Upper: I1 | G24 | H22 | I1
    Combadge: A6

Medical:

Upper: I16 | E9 | H22 | I1
    Belt (Odyssey): I16 | I1 | I9 | H23
    Belt (Jupiter): I1 | I11 | I7| I16
    Lower: I16
    Feet: H22 | I1

Captain:

Upper: I1 | A8 | H12 | I1

Admiral:

Upper: I1 | A8 | I1 | H12

And last but not least, my own vulcan phaser chick... T'TRIBBLE was it right?

Upper: H9 | I1 | A6 | H12
    Belt (Odyssey): I10 | I1 | I9 | H23
    Lower (Sierra Skirt 2, Matte): H9 | H9 | H5

Pictures will follow soon

One of the devs have already released the official colours used for the Odyssey uniforms. You'll find them here: http://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/23x9t8/unofficial_s9_ody_uniform_variants/ch218ya
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Anyone have official colors for Romulan Republic uniforms? Specifically, the allied faction uniforms.
  • Options
    millicmillic Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Anyone have official colors for Romulan Republic uniforms? Specifically, the allied faction uniforms.

Romulan Republic Uniform:

Standard light brown is already in the tailor presets ingame.
    Shoulder Pads Dual are always I23 | I21 | I23 | I21
    Pieces like Republic 1, 2 or 3 can always be choosed as you like

Tactical
    Jacket Loose
    Upper
    Romulan Republic 1: B5 | I18 | I19 | I22

Chest Gear
    Romulan Republic 1: B16 | B15 | A17

Wrist attach right
    Romulan Republic 1: B14 | B12

Wrist attach left
    Romulan Republic 1: B14 | B12

Undershirt
    Romulan Republic 1: I23 | I20

Pants Tight
    Belt
    Romulan Republic 1: I22 | I22 | A7 | A3

Lower
    Romulan Republic 1: I19 | H2 | H21

Feet
    Romulan Republic 2: B16 | B12 | B12

Science

Jacket Loose
    Upper
    Romulan Republic 1: F16 | I18 | I19 | I22

Pants Tight
    Lower
    Romulan Republic 2: F7 | I22

Logistics

Jacket Loose
    Upper
    Romulan Republic 1: D24 | I18 | I19 | I22

Chest Gear
    Romulan Republic 1: A12 | A12 | A12

Pants Loose Mid Ankle
    Belt
    Romulan Republic 1: C23 | C23 | C23 | A3

Lower
    Wrath Of Khan: Q23 | A11

Feet
    Combat Boots : I1 | I1 | I10

Admiral

Upper
    Romulan Republic 1: E4 | I18 | I19 | I22

Shoulder Pads Dual
    Vice Admiral: E4 | I21 | I23 | I21
    Romulan Ranks Drappery: E4

Romulan Federation Uniform:

The blue one is already ingame in the tailor presets

Green ones form the preview pictures are unreplicatable right now because the color palette is fed and not romulan

Romulan Klingon Uniform:

I don't have the colors of the Rom Klingon Uniform either because the color palette is wrong and bugged
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    There's a whole thread for the colors as well:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=910691

Adding onto that and millic's post: Subcommander Kaol wears loose long pants in black, if you want an alternative to the Republic pants. (I personally use the 24th century pants and boots with my Republic uniforms -- really not a fan of how tight the Republic pants are.)

Commander Jarok's jacket is a yellower/greener shade than standard, but I don't have an actual value for it. Just something I noticed when I was playing Surface Tension. She also doesn't display rank, thankfully, since it means we don't have to use those ridiculous shoulderpads/pauldrons on a "canon" Republic uniform. :P

-edit-

Actually, speaking of Jarok, has anyone tried recreating her crew's uniforms?

Also I should mention that millic's colors seem closer to the personnel in command than the ones given in the other thread, which are all a bit too dark.
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    How do I create an accurate Tal Shiar uniform?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    How do I create an accurate Tal Shiar uniform?

You really can't, since you're only given a limited selection of pieces and those aren't even enough to completely recreate the low ranking uniforms. Here are the colors, though:
    Copying this from the 'Update the Tal Shiar Uniform thread:

The color values for the Centurion & Uhlan uniforms. We still can't get the full uniform, but at least we'll be able to have the right colors:

Tal Shiar Uniforms:

Tal Shiar Uhlan:
    Upper: Romulan Tal Shiar: I10, I8, I1, I10

Belt: Romulan Tal Shiar Liutennant (No Uhlan version for players, sadly, no male version at all): H1, H1, H1, H9

Lower: Romulan Tal Shiar: I5, H5, I1

Feet: Romulan Tal Shiar: P23, P23, P24, P18

Tal Shiar Centurion: Same as above, with different colors:

Upper: I4, H14, H14, H14

Chest Gear (males only): P5, P5, P5, O2

Belt: I5, I5, I5, B5

Lower: H1, H12, I1

Feet: P23, P23, P24, P18

Someday I'll get around to the higher ranking uniforms, but It's a bit of a pain to get something close with all the missing uniform parts(chest harness and uhlan belt for females, uhlan and centurion belt for males, paneled gloves, bracers, spikey boots, etc etc.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17828631&postcount=2

While the Republic designs have definitely grown on me, I'd still like to see the full Star Empire uniform added at some point, because it's not even a Tal Shiar uniform. I mean, we can use the IRW prefix for our warbirds, we can use the TOS/TNG Star Empire uniforms, where's the harm in unlocking the full 2409 design for us?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Official Blog for Odyssey and Bortasqu Uniforms:
    http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/detail/6003273

(Includes pictures, color charts, etc.)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    The Tal Shiar colors don't work with my KDF-allied Romulan. Color palette is mismatched. =(
  • Options
    odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If anyone is looking to replicate the Medical Variant of the Odyssey uniform, it appears to be as follows:

Upper: Odyssey H12 E9 H22 E24
    Lower: Odyssey H12
    Feet: Odyssey H8 H8

Everything else like normal. It looks like most, if not all, medical officers where this. The Chief Medical Officer at Earth Space Dock wears the Long Coat version, which may be due to the fact that he holds the rank of Captain.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    odyssey47 wrote: »
    If anyone is looking to replicate the Medical Variant of the Odyssey uniform, it appears to be as follows:

Upper: Odyssey H12 E9 H22 E24
    Lower: Odyssey H12
    Feet: Odyssey H8 H8

Everything else like normal. It looks like most, if not all, medical officers where this. The Chief Medical Officer at Earth Space Dock wears the Long Coat version, which may be due to the fact that he holds the rank of Captain.

Cheers for that! Much appreciated! I wonder if the devs could be asked to confirm those?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Cheers for that! Much appreciated! I wonder if the devs could be asked to confirm those?

I did some side by side comparison with the CMO at ESD, and even if they're not exact, I couldn't tell the difference.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    odyssey47 wrote: »
    I did some side by side comparison with the CMO at ESD, and even if they're not exact, I couldn't tell the difference.

Cheers. Great to hear. Can't wait to put them in to practice.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Thomas Marrone has very kindly put up the colour guides for the Odyssey tactical uniform and Odyssey dress uniform on his Twitter account!

You'll find the Odyssey tactical uniform colour guide here: https://twitter.com/Cryptic_TtC/status/487768647268446208/photo/1

and the Odyssey dress uniform colour guide here: https://twitter.com/Cryptic_TtC/status/487768526459924480/photo/1

Can't wait for these babies to be released in to game so I can put these guides to very good use! Thank you Thomas! :D
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Thomas Marrone has very kindly put up the colour guides for the Odyssey tactical uniform and Odyssey dress uniform on his Twitter account!

You'll find the Odyssey tactical uniform colour guide here: https://twitter.com/Cryptic_TtC/status/487768647268446208/photo/1

and the Odyssey dress uniform colour guide here: https://twitter.com/Cryptic_TtC/status/487768526459924480/photo/1

Can't wait for these babies to be released in to game so I can put these guides to very good use! Thank you Thomas! :D

Thanks for the heads up. I've been waiting for him to post them on Reddit.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Thomas has done it again!

Colour guides for the Odyssey medical uniforms, the Odyssey enlisted dress uniforms, the Odyssey enlisted tactical uniforms, and Odyssey admiral uniforms are now available
    here, here, here, and here.

Can't wait to put these guides in to practice!!! Can't it be Thursday now?!?!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    He's an awesome UI artist. Hope he comes through with the Bortasqu' guides.

Also, I hope we get ranks with those Admiral & Fleet Admiral uniforms. Oh yes.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Maybe it's cuz I'm old, but I get confused surfing Twitter... Fortunately, Askray assembled all of Thomas the Cryptic Cat's guides into one Forum Thread:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1166851

• Options
    naharikajalnaharikajal Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hi folks,

I still love this thread and it's updates. Thanks a lot.

Does anyone have an idea about the color scheme for the Undine Counter command ground armor. My first impression was that it's just black with green highlights.
    But then I took a second look on the official pictures:

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/arc/8f/e5/8fe50dbd4f7b5ae5fee8618c2ddb35e51397493560.jpg

Maybe it's just because of the lightning in the area but somehow it looks more "greyish" than black.

What do you think?

Greetings
    Nahari
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Going back to Romulan stuff, I matched the colors on Commander Jarok's Republic uniform today and added them to the wiki:

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Guide:_Uniform_colors/Romulan_uniforms#Romulan_Republic_Uniforms

Basically the standard Republic uniform made a little darker, with a greener jacket. Jarok's crew is an absolute mess, so who can say if this is the standard Republic Commander uniform or something she picked up out of the rejects bin, but there you go.
  • Options
    galantdramongalantdramon Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Love this guide, it's extremely helpful, thanks for putting in all the time and effort to set it up. :)

I know there's a post showing the codes for "basic romulan" and you have several pics for klingon outfits, but do either of them actually "color code" their crew like the federation, and if so, what do they use for tac/sci/eng?
  • Options
    galantdramongalantdramon Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Ah, found the one for Romulans, still haven't find anything about Klingons color coding their stuff though...will keep looking, but for now I'm using basic fed colors for my kdf crew "accents".

I do wish they'd fix the "this random piece color links to that random piece, so adjusting one force adjusts the other", though. Makes some looks harder to setup. :(
  • Options
    foolishowlfoolishowl Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Has anyone worked out the color scheme for the Dyson Researcher Outfit?

A developer posted a graphic of the Dyson NPCs -- the outfits vary, but the patterns in color are clear:

https://i.imgur.com/DqjIoav.jpg

One thing I notice is that the leather-like stripes display three sectional colors, although fairly muted: gold, red-brown, and blue-gray.
This discussion has been closed.