test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Blackavaar's Guide to Canon Colors

Comments

• yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    artan42 wrote: »
    I used the TNG series 1 uniform with the Jupiter belt, shame you cant tuck the shirt into the trousers.
    I knew i was forgetting something, thanks for that suggestion!
    The TNG series uniform works great as Kelvin uniform mock up.

Heres what i have made:
    COMMAND
    ENGINEERING
    TACTICAL
    MEDICAL
    SCIENCE

I didn't try to make it 100% accurate but more of a 25th century hommage of it.
    As you can see i used the academy uniform pants, i just like them. :)
    Otherwise i would have used the TNG series split bottom or the AGT pants.
    I did the Tactical uniform in turquoise to differ them a bit from command blue, i think it's not all that bad.

What i like about it is the simplicity and the different division colors.

Live long and prosper.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Fun fact, the ST11 uniform is in STO, not the Kelvin uniform, but the one later in the movie.

For the longest time since launch there was a civilian wearing the uniform in the mission 'Treasure Trading Station'

They 'fixed' it a few months ago.
  • alan1701halan1701h Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    blackavaar wrote: »
    I'm still kicking, Alan. I just haven't been around much lately because I don't like the direction PWE has taken this game. Everything is such a grind now and all of the koolest stuff is stuffed away in "you might get this if you're lucky" boxes. I still don't get why they used a different F2P model than CO, because CO is still fun and never feels grindy.

And btw, since I had to create a PWE account to even post on the forums I can no longer edit any of my previous posts. So, I'm thinking about recreating this guide as my own fan site. I'll let you know.

:cool:

I'm very glad to hear your still with us, my friend. I had a feeling that the recent state of the game since PWE was a factor in your absence and I totally sympathise because I'd left the game for a few months and its only now more recently that I'm checking in a bit more ...and totally boycotting those hideous lock boxes btw. I knew the explanation for your absence either had to do with PWE or maybe something Real Life related. Of course its the Real Life reasons that are the real kicker sometimes hence my fearing the worse. But we shall fear no longer, sir.

It's just good to know your still live and kicking and I think I speak for all of us when I say we look forward to hearing from you again either with posts here or on a website of your own making either of which we all hope will still see more of your amazing work in to uniform colour guides continue.

• supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Do one for the Racing Uniforms and Season 1 uniforms.
  • jonbrejonbre Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hey all - has anyone ever tried to approximate Admiral Pike's "TMP-ish admiral uniform" from Star Trek '09?

In the meantime I've been using the color codes for the TMP Admiral's uniform - is it any different?

Thanks! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Eline: "The rest of us have been gone a thousand years. If you remember what we were, and how we lived, then we'll have found life again." / Picard: "Eline..."
    Eline: "Now we live in you. Tell them of us... my darling." -The Inner Light
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2012
    yreodred wrote: »

The TNG series uniform works great as Kelvin uniform mock up.

The only problem I can se is I'm sure they wore boots not shoos.
    jonbre wrote: »
    Hey all - has anyone ever tried to approximate Admiral Pike's "TMP-ish admiral uniform" from Star Trek '09?

Here is my mock up of the only two uniforms from ST:2009 I could make properly, the Admirals uniform, and the Cadets uniform.
    Do one for the Racing Uniforms and Season 1 uniforms.

He's already done one for the racing uniform, the colours are correct even if the uniform is't the same one.
    As for Series one, they are fairly similar to the later series, just one shade lighter or so.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • stormstrykestormstryke Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    takeshi6 wrote: »
    Subscribing to this epic thread again--lost the subscription info from my Cryptic Account when I had to link it to this new Perfect World Account, which I'm sure is true for everyone else here, as well. :(

Well, I just hope that Black (or whatever his new account goes by) is still around and continues updating this. :D:cool:

He posted on TOR's forums a few days ago that he doesn't play STO anymore because of the lockboxes. He said he checks in to see if things changed but he's not in this game anymore.

Source: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=543469&page=2
    _____

Lifetime no longer gives a forum title. That should be updated on the Lifetime page that mentions what you get. PMing the CSR doesn't work neither.
  • blacksheepleblacksheeple Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Oh I'am very sad about that Fact- :(

That blackavaar is gone is a huge lost for the Community :(
  • tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Holy Thread-o-mancy Batman!

As it's a sticky I'm sure it's cool, but let's try to keep on topic :) Shame it won't be updated any more though.
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    He posted on TOR's forums a few days ago that he doesn't play STO anymore because of the lockboxes. He said he checks in to see if things changed but he's not in this game anymore.

Source: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=543469&page=2

After the 15th he'll be in a worse F2P model. TOR's matrix (and gameplay) is atrocious and makes STO's look like a good deal. Can't wait to have him back. :)
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • darthstormstrikedarthstormstrike Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    tobar26th wrote: »
    Holy Thread-o-mancy Batman!

As it's a sticky I'm sure it's cool, but let's try to keep on topic :) Shame it won't be updated any more though.

Learn your job! It never broke the 30 days of no posting rule so doesn't actually qualify as a necro. And you're supposed to be a volunteer mod and not know this?

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
    edited November 2012
    ravin wrote: »
    After the 15th he'll be in a worse F2P model. TOR's matrix (and gameplay) is atrocious and makes STO's look like a good deal. Can't wait to have him back. :)

Not if he stays subbed. Nothing for him will change so the issues he said why he left STO will remain. Even the boxes thing he talked about won't be the same since TOR doesn't drop boxes then say buy a key to open it.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
    edited November 2012
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    :)

Oh really? Clearly you dont know EA ...

You haven't played TOR. Or where did you get a lockbox drop while questing and told to buy a key to open it? What zone?

TOR boxes are in the shop and you buy one to open one. NO KEYS.

I didn't say it wasn't in another EA game or not.

• daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You haven't played TOR. Or where did you get a lockbox drop while questing and told to buy a key to open it? What zone?

this^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • edraconedracon Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I know there hasn't been a post or an update here in a while, but I decided, since the Wells uniform was added, I decided to make a quick guide for it based on what's in the show. (the Medical one however is an educated guess.)

Wells - Command
    Wells - Command Variant (?)
    Wells - Tactical
    Wells - Science
    Wells - Eng

NonCanon
    Wells - Medical
    edited December 2012
    edracon wrote: »
    I know there hasn't been a post or an update here in a while, but I decided, since the Wells uniform was added, I decided to make a quick guide for it based on what's in the show. (the Medical one however is an educated guess.)

Wells - Command
    Wells - Tactical
    Wells - Science
    Wells - Eng

NonCanon
    Wells - Medical

Those are fantastic! Great work and what a way to make a first post! Very cool! :D

I don't suppose you could create guides for the uniforms worn by the Enterprise-F crew please who are seen to be wearing a version of the Jupiter Veteran uniforms? Thanks in advance!
  • myrianthamyriantha Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Does anyone know which colours are the specific match to the Winter Jackets?
    edited December 2012
    alan1701h wrote: »
    Those are fantastic! Great work and what a way to make a first post! Very cool! :D

I don't suppose you could create guides for the uniforms worn by the Enterprise-F crew please who are seen to be wearing a version of the Jupiter Veteran uniforms? Thanks in advance!

Sadly, I can't, I'm only a 200 day vet (canceled my subscription after the game went F2P), so I don't have the Jupiter Vet uniform.
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Is the Wells uniform available only in the lobi store, or can I get it on the C Store as well?
    edited December 2012
    Wells is Lobi only, but you can find it as a reward pack in the Exchange for an annoyingly high price.
    edited December 2012
    Sadly, I can't, I'm only a 200 day vet (canceled my subscription after the game went F2P), so I don't have the Jupiter Vet uniform.

Ah. Fair enough. Thanks for responding. Much appreciated.
  • diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Wells - Command
    Wells - Tactical
    Wells - Science
    Wells - Eng

NonCanon
    Wells - Medical

Awesome, thanks! I was hoping someone would update this one since the actual uniform came out. I used the guide linked to in the OP, but it seems there are a few differences with this one. I shall have to pop to the tailor and update my colours!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • blackavaarblackavaar Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Just checking in to make sure none of my links were broken by the recent changes made to Photobucket. Good to see they are all intact. I'm glad you all continue to enjoy the guide and I hope to update it soon, but I can't make any promises.

Set course and engage.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2012
    ussboleyn wrote: »

I was just going off the episodes, didn't see the pins, that were in pic 209, so looks like the pins should be gold, not silver, and science was grey? Hmm. Sorry, it was difficult to tell due to the small amount of scenes in the show with the actual crew. I'll update my quick guide soon, unless Blackavaar does a better guide first, haha.
  • coastcomiccoastcomic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Just checking in to make sure none of my links were broken by the recent changes made to Photobucket. Good to see they are all intact. I'm glad you all continue to enjoy the guide and I hope to update it soon, but I can't make any promises.

Set course and engage.

Great to see you, B! :)

Vice Admiral T'Phal
    Commander, USS Heinlein
  • vegeyman9vegeyman9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Thank you!
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Wells - Command
    Wells - Tactical
    Wells - Science
    Wells - Eng

NonCanon
    Wells - Medical

Eh? I thought the show has only ever had Command, Operations, and Science/Medical. There's no such thing as a Tactical or Engineering division.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    darkjeff wrote: »
    Eh? I thought the show has only ever had Command, Operations, and Science/Medical. There's no such thing as a Tactical or Engineering division.

Correct, it's technically the same areas but Cryptic renamed them for some reason.

Command - Tactical
    Science/Medical - Science
    Operations - Engineering
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Mind you, security officers are in the Operations division, so should be wearing Operations Gold.
This discussion has been closed.