Install Arc
Options

Feedback about 3yr Party Popper and Balloons

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    marshalericdavidmarshalericdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yep, it is easy, problem is, people in this thread are saying they shouldn't have to do that.

But I disagree with them, I think you should, if your graphics settings are too high, and a new effect is not playable, then lower them. That is how PC gaming has worked, since forever.

So yes, I think you should have to turn down your graphics settings if your PC isn't capable of rendering them fast enough.

Do it, and the problem is solved, and everyone gets what they want, you don't get balloons, and the people that do want them, get them. It's in the users control that way.

You just don't understand. People who have no problems with their current settings except when balloons are flooding a room should not have to lower settings just so someone can be a annoying jerk. I have a little lagging issues with balloons (only when a room is filled up with them) but the fact they can fill a room making it hard to see is a problem. No one should have to change their setting that effect other things as well so someone can be a annoying jerk and fill up a room with balloons. The people who are filling up the room do so for just one reason and one reason only and that is to be annoying and TRIBBLE people off.

A limit to how many balloons someone can have out at a time is the perfect solution. Rooms don't get filled up unless you have a bunch of people making balloons in the room something that would not happen much. People like to make balloons can have a few out and have fun with them.

Today I was on a Elite ground mission and someone started making a bunch of balloons during the mission instead of fighting. Annoyed the entire team. I am f'ing fed up with jerks in real life and it should be kept to a minimum in video games. Just the idea of jerks wining by making people either quit from being annoyed to much or forcing them to change their settings is not right and is BS.
  • Options
    blevokblevok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You just don't understand. People who have no problems with their current settings except when balloons are flooding a room should not have to lower settings just so someone can be a annoying jerk. I have a little lagging issues with balloons (only when a room is filled up with them) but the fact they can fill a room making it hard to see is a problem. No one should have to change their setting that effect other things as well so someone can be a annoying jerk and fill up a room with balloons. The people who are filling up the room do so for just one reason and one reason only and that is to be annoying and TRIBBLE people off.

A limit to how many balloons someone can have out at a time is the perfect solution. Rooms don't get filled up unless you have a bunch of people making balloons in the room something that would not happen much. People like to make balloons can have a few out and have fun with them.

Today I was on a Elite ground mission and someone started making a bunch of balloons during the mission instead of fighting. Annoyed the entire team. I am f'ing fed up with jerks in real life and it should be kept to a minimum in video games. Just the idea of jerks wining by making people either quit from being annoyed to much or forcing them to change their settings is not right and is BS.

ok, first let me say that i'm not trying to single you out personally. you're just the last person to spout this nonsense.

if you don't understand how computers work, or are unwilling to adapt to changing circumstances, then that's you're problem. you're no starfleet officer and you're not fit to wear that uniform. as someone else said, people with this attitude are so entrenched in their opinion that nothing will change it. that's why i said earlier "off with their heads". there's no reasoning with these stubborn people, they just need to die. as marge said "maybe death will stop your yammering".

if this were eve, i'd put together a force to seek out and destroy the lot of you, once and for all. you and your kind have become a dark spot on the universe itself, and need to be eradicated.

again, no offense to you personally :)
    Fleet: Stargate-Union
    Pizza: Pepperoni
    Kalek shel'tek!

"Do not make me look foolish by allowing yourself to be murdered" -Lord Yu
  • Options
    hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    :rolleyes:

Right there was the sort of person who should not be handed the ability to cause grief for others.
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    blevok wrote: »
    ok, first let me say that i'm not trying to single you out personally. you're just the last person to spout this nonsense.

if you don't understand how computers work, or are unwilling to adapt to changing circumstances, then that's you're problem. you're no starfleet officer and you're not fit to wear that uniform. as someone else said, people with this attitude are so entrenched in their opinion that nothing will change it. that's why i said earlier "off with their heads". there's no reasoning with these stubborn people, they just need to die. as marge said "maybe death will stop your yammering".

if this were eve, i'd put together a force to seek out and destroy the lot of you, once and for all. you and your kind have become a dark spot on the universe itself, and need to be eradicated.

again, no offense to you personally :)

Yes it is nonsense that I don't want jerks to win. :rolleyes:

Something needs to be done other then say just turn your settings down especially when the only problem comes from those balloons and only those balloons.

They should never of made those annoying balloons or make sure that they could never of been abused the way they have been to annoy people. They could of created a option that disables the visuals of other players balloons and have it set as active to start so people would not be annoyed and have to change their settings.

Like I had said I don't want to be forced to change settings that effect other stuff just so some jerk can be annoying.

Some jerk entering a Elite mission and making a bunch of balloons to annoy people with him knowing it will annoy people instead of fighting to complete the mission is the last straw.
  • Options
    allmyteeallmytee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Let us not forget, the flame thrower was removed from the game for this very reason
  • Options
    blevokblevok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes it is nonsense that I don't want jerks to win. :rolleyes:

Something needs to be done other then say just turn your settings down especially when the only problem comes from those balloons and only those balloons.

this is nothing new, and i cant understand why people cant understant that. games are always getting updates and expansions, and taking up more and more disk space, and memory, and graphic power. it's natural, and expected, and in fact desired. this game isn't a one shot proposition, intended to die with the current generation of computers. it is meant to evolve along with technology, to stay relevant and desirable, years after it was created. some dev even stated recently that there is no need for an sto2, because the game is continually improving with no end in sight.

They should never of made those annoying balloons or make sure that they could never of been abused the way they have been to annoy people. They could of created a option that disables the visuals of other players balloons and have it set as active to start so people would not be annoyed and have to change their settings.

there is a setting for that... lower max physical objects... problem solved, dammit!
    in a larger sense though, this is nothing. a few dozen balloons bother you? blah, blah, blah... go play second life for a while and see what it's like with 10,000 flying swastikas everywhere. there are no real griefers in sto.

Like I had said I don't want to be forced to change settings that effect other stuff just so some jerk can be annoying.

its not about being forced to change settings. it's about the continuing process of fine tuning your system to suit youre personal preference, in relation to continuing additions to the game. also, refer to my first point in this post, about the game evolving and what not.

Some jerk entering a Elite mission and making a bunch of balloons to annoy people with him knowing it will annoy people instead of fighting to complete the mission is the last straw.

ok, that is bad. i'm sure this was a pug though. join estf channel if you're serious about being serious.
    Fleet: Stargate-Union
    Pizza: Pepperoni
    Kalek shel'tek!

"Do not make me look foolish by allowing yourself to be murdered" -Lord Yu
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    hanover2 wrote: »
    And that's really helpful after a room full of balloons has brought the game to a halt, leaving you unable to change instances or fiddle with graphics settings.

Nope, sorry. My system runs every other part of the game just fine, and it is not worth gimping the rest of it to accommodate some balloons. So, tough. You've been deprived of your griefing tool. Get over it.
    Really? You can run around New Romulus with no slowdown whatsoever? I have to change my settings just to beam down...

turning down the debris setting is such a minor tweak that it doesn't count as "gimping" the game anyways.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Good feedback blevok. marshalericdavid we are just going around in circles at this point. I disagree with your stance on the need to turn down graphics if the demand is too high for your PC.

I'd like to add, this game will never evolve graphically, if when new features are added people complain they have to turn down graphics settings because their current performance goes down. What hope do we have for this game evolving in that sense. It's the same principal. I've heard the flamethrower was removed because of this reason. So there's a real-world thing we don't have in-game now, because people don't understand how new things can decrease performance, and thus they have to lower settings. But this is the game evolving, and we want to see it evolve. I fear if Cryptic panders to these individuals, this game will never evolve. And I want it to. WoW got DX11 support after a time. I fear STO may be stagnant because people don't understand how PC games, and MMO's in general, evolve and new graphics demand new performance.
  • Options
    corbinwolf#9797 corbinwolf Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Not one to complain but since the 3year anniversary hit my computer literally crashes now when I am logged into STO trying to play! Coincidence, I think not... it only happens when I am in the game!
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
  • Options
    orikleinoriklein Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    No one complained about the Tribbles in the first party popper
    The tribbles disappear. The balloons do not (except the rare one that goes poof). You cannot spam tribbles all over the place non-stop, because the popper does not produce tribbles non-stop, either.
    The balloon one does nothing but shoot balloons.
    so why all the hate for balloons? Is it because your computer is lagging? Then you don't have a fast computer
    Corei7-2600k, GTX580 1.5GB, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD HD.
    Tell me it's not fast. Go on.

Your PC will crawl to a halt also when some dufus spams THE ENTIRE EXCHANGE SECTION on ESD with balloons to a point that you can't see ANYTHING other than balloons throughout and the frame rate drops to single digits that it becomes hard to even move your god-damn mouse cursor to change instance.

Then look no further than this solution!

Go to Options ---> Video
    Scroll down to Max Physics Debris Objects
    Slide the slider all the way to the left and BOOM!
    No more balloons reducing your framerate to the equivalent of Tribble droppings. :cool:
    ---Commander Hriinta

Now that's an actual good idea.
    Debris/decal physics serve little to no purpose, anyway. They all disappear about four seconds after they emerge (except those silly balloons), like the big generator's blow-out parts in CSE.
    At best you get some little fun soccer-kicking them around until they become translucent and poof onto the ether.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    I don't know if its been mentioned here yet, but if you go into video options and find the setting for "Max Physical Debris" and set it to 0 you can remove all the balloons, and won't experience any lag from them.

I found 10 worked for me. It defaults to 100.
    Like the man said..... It's EASY and it has a minimal effect on the rest of the game....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Good feedback blevok. marshalericdavid we are just going around in circles at this point. I disagree with your stance on the need to turn down graphics if the demand is too high for your PC.

I'd like to add, this game will never evolve graphically, if when new features are added people complain they have to turn down graphics settings because their current performance goes down. What hope do we have for this game evolving in that sense. It's the same principal. I've heard the flamethrower was removed because of this reason. So there's a real-world thing we don't have in-game now, because people don't understand how new things can decrease performance, and thus they have to lower settings. But this is the game evolving, and we want to see it evolve. I fear if Cryptic panders to these individuals, this game will never evolve. And I want it to. WoW got DX11 support after a time. I fear STO may be stagnant because people don't understand how PC games, and MMO's in general, evolve and new graphics demand new performance.

I have no problem with the game improving graphically and I want it to but why is it that those balloons cause problems but nothing else does? Also even if their was no lagging issue at all it is the balloons filling rooms making it hard to see as you move around that is the biggest problem at least for me.

If the graphics do improve making me have to change settings I will do it and won't complain at all. I have done so in the past with other games no problem. I just don't want to change the settings when only one thing causes a problem and it comes from jerks doing it to annoy people knowing it will annoy people.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I have no problem with the game improving graphically and I want it to but why is it that those balloons cause problems but nothing else does? Also even if their was no lagging issue at all it is the balloons filling rooms making it hard to see as you move around that is the biggest problem at least for me.

If the graphics do improve making me have to change settings I will do it and won't complain at all. I have done so in the past with other games no problem. I just don't want to change the settings when only one thing causes a problem and it comes from jerks doing it to annoy people knowing it will annoy people.
    I play with balloons because it's fun. I don't give a TRIBBLE whether it annoys you or not.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Your point is heard, and understood. I can certainly see your point of view, and agree with certain parts of it. I'm not sure why the balloons are causing lag for some people, but not others. I do believe people should be allowed to have fun with the items the developers provide in-game. This is a game, and meant for entertainment purposes. Thanks for debating this issue civilly with me.