test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sever not responding/ Lag (1/31/13)

Comments

• sdavistatorsdavistator Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    No, this is unusual. I have logged on as soon as the servers were up when they released S4-S7. No lag then. Something is wrong. Expect an emergency shut down soon. Maybe if people wouldn't complain so much when they are doing a patch, they can get it right the first time. Don't let the few (in comparison to the 2 million playing) rush you into ending the maintenance STO.
  • kolln95kolln95 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So interesting, the same problem is here... Sometime there will be a simple maintenance, without extending, etc...

Hussar Guardian Forces
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krayuskorianiskrayuskorianis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i have a nvidia geforce 660 ti but thats not the point of this thread.

I know it's not. I made this thread for the discussion of the extremely bad server lag. Also, the cards that we got won't burn out on this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i3-2100 3.10GHz
    8GB Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM CL9
    ASUS DirectCU II GTX 660 OC 2GB GDDR5
  • lordkratos1974lordkratos1974 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    same here. 60 second lag in every loading screen.
  • xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Red makes me mad :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
  • agentgreasyagentgreasy Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    This being the main reason I posted an issues thread. Much as I rag on the Dev team for the mistakes they make, without information about in-game issues, they can't fix them. And i'm damn sure Brandon is relaying the information cropping up in this thread to the Devs as we speak.

Yep.

Transparency continues to prove its benefit in so many situations, but no matter how often its benefits are exposed, isolationism and blanket devoid-of-information statements will stay the norm for quite some time I'm afraid.

I'm happy that there is community response at all even through a community manager... too many games have I been in where the only community response is to close a thread, and when that doesn't work anymore to turn off the forum -.-
  • csgtmyorkcsgtmyork Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    LOL. If you people will think for one second, you'd realize the reason for the "Server Not Responding" timer. Who knows how many people are on the servers right now, trying to get their new ship. And they are all doing it at the same time. So the servers are BOUND to get a little clogged up. Just wait a few minutes, and the map will load. Don't stress. Have a cookie. Listen to some music. Patience is the key.
    "Correction. Humans have rules in war. Rules that make victory a little harder to achieve, in my opinion."
    Elim Garak
  • zztopperszztoppers Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Sucks that the game apparently took out your graphics card... But that has nothing to do with server lag.

How do you know if it was the game or something else that crashed my video card?
    Is it just coincidence that my graphics card went out right after a STO update?

I don't know the answer to this question. But don't go pretending you know the answer either. Stranger things have happened!!

For the record my card was 8800gt 512mb more then enough for STO.
  • trellabortrellabor Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It would be great, Cryptic, if you guys could spend some of that hard cash you make off the lock box keys and get some decent servers capable of handling what little players you have left. It's comical you tout all these high numbers for the player base of your game, and then get your technological shortcomings exposed with your own 3-year Anniversary.

Thanks for the 'free' ship, would be great if I could actually fit it without guessing whether or not my items are lost in space, in 2 places at the same time, or just not doing a God **** thing whatsoever.
    ____
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The o3 - Killed you good
    edited January 2013
    It's called "A Million people at once trying to do the mission to get their free ship causing a bit of server lag that will go away in the days to come." No big deal. :)
    "Correction. Humans have rules in war. Rules that make victory a little harder to achieve, in my opinion."
    Elim Garak
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    zztoppers wrote: »
    For the record my card was 8800gt 512mb more then enough for STO.

:eek: :D

the good news: this card is so old that you should get a replacement for below 5 Euro on ebay.

(and here i am thinking my GTX460 is slowly getting old enough to be replaced :P )

Server LAAAG BOOOOO!

Buy some better servers with all that LockBox Money cryptic... come on.... every loading screen over 2 minutes, what did you do in that maintenance, shut down half the server capacity or what?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zztopperszztoppers Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I would say this is an inevitable roll back. All the reputation systems have been reset to Zero. Have fun with this one guys!!
  • kolln95kolln95 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    And If the person has paid for it, maybe has he paid for patience?
    And the problem is that It has been loading screens and every third/fourth time, server is disconnecting...

Hussar Guardian Forces
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • spork87spork87 Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    tried adding gear to the ambassador from my excel it took 4 minutes to remove all my gear and still waiting for it to appear on the ambassador
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    Just give it a day. The servers will calm down after a day or two, and I'm sure the massive lag and the "server not responding" will happen less/stop happening. Just give it some time. :)
    Elim Garak
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2013
    As others have mentioned in this thread, with the servers just coming up not too long ago, and everyone jumping in to do the same thing, it might seem a little "laggy", or you might get "Server Not Responding" for a few -- give it some times, things will smooth out :) Thanks for your patience.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • cptvanorcptvanor Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    buzzout wrote: »
    Investigate Officer Reports not giving rewards.

Due to...
    Horrendous lag.

Which in part is....
    SERVER NOT RESPONDING for 1 to 2 minutes every time it loads a map.

Because as was said already, everyone is trying to log in right now and get that free ship. Stuff like this happens every time a major event is released for the first few hours.
  • mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Now the lag is making it impossible to properly queue up an STF. This is very unfortunate.
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • twoblindmonkstwoblindmonks Member Posts: 255
    edited January 2013
    Are they kidding with this lag? They should have just, from the beginning, taken down the server for the whole day. Then I wouldn't have even planned any STO, no harm, no foul. From now on I'm just going to assume patch day means no STO at all.
    Are they kidding with this lag? They should have just, from the beginning, taken down the server for the whole day. Then I wouldn't have even planned any STO, no harm, no foul. From now on I'm just going to assume patch day means no STO at all.

The main reason for the lag is everyone jumping on to do the anniversary event and get their free ships ASAP.

Like others have said give it a few hours and it'll correct itself, this isn't normal for patches, just ones before special events like this.
  • chahk42chahk42 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I felt a great disturbance in the Server farm, as if millions of users lagged and were suddenly disconnected. I fear something terrible has happened.
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Remember - this is their fix that took extra three extra hours to implement today...
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Game is a bit unplayable in this state. Might as well wait until later when things have calmed down a bit.

With events like these, always assume the worst.
  • xbalankexbalanke Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i just gave up on trying to do anything in game today.. inventory and mission lag is horrible, but the 45s-3m per map change is just making it unplayable..
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 924 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Unless you have a top-notch server....and several of them, to be sure, events like this as hyped as they've been and how EVERYONE and their mother has been waiting for an Ambassador-class, yeah....servers are going to be just a wee bit lagged for a little while.

Nothing unusual after a large event. Best to get used to it. Or, wait til the fracas calms down. I'll wager for as hard as it is to get into a lot of other places....Azure Nebula is a complete hash right now...

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • pwefailpwefail Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    this is what happens when you do extra maintenance on a day like today.sorry but 3rd year anniversary is ruined now.
    The player formerly known as Chunter.
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    Same everytime new content goes live...

Perfectly normal... no worries.

never had it this bad before all while i have been playing sto
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • nibtishnibtish Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Taking the michael!

Position 125 to log on! I have to wait for 125 people to stop playing so I can... what kind of show is this?

I didn't complain when it went down for three days on and off, now I'm not happy.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 924 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    nibtish wrote: »
    Taking the michael!

Position 125 to log on! I have to wait for 125 people to stop playing so I can... what kind of show is this?

I didn't complain when it went down for three days on and off, now I'm not happy.

Welcome to login queues, friend.

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • species1977species1977 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    server not responding?????? you guys need to be fired, always brake something :mad: