test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sever not responding/ Lag (1/31/13)

Comments

• bulabajonesbulabajones Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Same for us KDF. Server took 90+ seconds to respond before I could play WHILE I was logging in. That was just the first thing I encountered as I logged in... obviously a bad harbinger. Changing maps/zones also had the same massive amount of lag/server not responding. Entering the Q'onos System took about 70 seconds for server to respond. On top of that, a fleet member of mine is unable to open the bank. I don't think this is isolated: other members in my fleet are reporting lots of lag doing virtually anything, and in the sector zone, other people were asking publicly if it was "just me, or is this lag happening to you guys..."

The lag/server not responding is TERRIBLE all of a sudden. If I were playing STO for the first time right now, this is so frustrating I wouldn't want to give this game a chance. I would just log off and not come back.
    Patching 11 files, 0 KB/s
    SERVER NOT RESPONDING (362.32s)
    Patching 87 files, 160.08 KB/s

victorginsocv2_zpsjqzbzllh.png

• vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    EVERY TIME I change a screen.

I'm thinking we have more than a launcher problem connected with this anniversary event.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    brickyard wrote: »
    Just disable the On-Demand Patching in the Launcher options, next time you're gonna log in you have to download a big patch, but after that you don't have to wait for the annoying repeatable in-game patches anymore.

I think the server is overloaded with folks, every map change takes over 65 seconds to load, getting the 'server not respond' message.

It's not trying to patch anything though. There's no "?? files patched" in the top corner.

Also.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • styxslethestyxslethe Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    same here, getting server not responding for at least 60s each time i try to switch areas

ps and its always at 40,72%
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Got kicked out and can't even get to character select........ says my character is still in use! My patience is now gone. :mad:
  • jdalton1jdalton1 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm getting the same thing, it's starting to really anger me :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tcostiktcostik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Like pretty much everyone else, I'm getting massive lag. Not sure if this is due to the amount of people who just hopped on, or if the patch broke something. Either way, it's making the game pretty much unplayable.
  • darimunddarimund Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    happy anniversary everyone! I present to you an unplayable game.
  • toxicityfiretoxicityfire Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    It's not trying to patch anything though. There's no "?? files patched" in the top corner.

Also.

I don't think i was getting ingame patching when i was having server issues but i disabled ingame patching and bang suddenly launchers downloading 5gig
  • xero328xero328 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Waited for launcher and patch to be done, yay. Patched, logged into a toon, did my fleet management for it, switched to next toon. Same one more time. Onto my third...Lagged out and unable to get into game. Thought you JUST fixed this?

And of course, I am not on my main yet to get the ship yet.

RETREIVING character screen the issue
    edited January 2013
    tcostik wrote: »
    Like pretty much everyone else, I'm getting massive lag. Not sure if this is due to the amount of people who just hopped on, or if the patch broke something. Either way, it's making the game pretty much unplayable.

The forums seem to be getting hit badly too, so it's probably demand. Still, in defence of the game, it's not unplayable. So far movement in sector space has been pretty smooth.
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yeah ..... one more try and I'm gone as well .
    A little disappointed after the extra waiting for maintenance , but ... well , you know , nothing left to say .

Will have my fun at another date .

Yeah I know Cryptic ... , you "have learned from your past mistakes" . Blah blah blah ... .
    Bye .
  • daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Even tuffi warping to a random expanse which should in theory req fewer rescources to load and less char models around still hitting well over 60sec loads
  • agentgreasyagentgreasy Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I get the feeling that we are facing a bit of a compounded issue from earlier in the week.

I seem to remember a patch being loaded on sunday or monday, and since the next few days the majority of the game was offline due to the network failure I'd be willing to suspect that we are seeing traffic from both sides of the fence overwhelming the patch server for the 3rd anniversary.
  • cardie47cardie47 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So much lag the replicator won't respond.
  • grahametrekgrahametrek Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    At lest you guys can get on I'm stuck at patching and game clents closes after just 3% of patching. Lets hope its because of all the ppl logging back on, hope. And I a lifer
  • mikediggermikedigger Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Basically the same here, started the launcher this morning, launcher ran a patch then loaded the starting screen, I select my character then it switches to loading map and that is it, at esactly 40.17 % the loading stops and I get " connection to server lost, going on for an hour. I so hate it when the do patches that TRIBBLE the game up insted of improving existing bugs. Shame on you!!!
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Guess it's because noone cares about FE's and or Story Content :P ....
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • arawnaunarawnaun Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    While i see that the servers are 'up' and most if not all the threads pertaining to 'launcher/patching' issue have been closed, I am most defiantly still experiencing the same issue i was before, I can't possibly be alone.

As far as i can tell nothing has changed.

The launcher opens and I login, the 'status' bar says "patching" and if i am willing to give it 4-5 minutes it does eventually load the game and go to the "Cryptic" splash-screen. Eventually this closes and i'm given a message saying, "Fatal Error: Unable to initialize on-demand patching and connect to Patch Server: The connection was idle for too long.

The same error i have received through this entire situation.
  • starboardnacellestarboardnacelle Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I've been getting this since before today's patch, though the delay was ten seconds, not two minutes.
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Laaaaaaaaa
    <rubberband>aaaag!
    edited January 2013
    And I a lifer

And that makes a difference how?

Anyway, actually gameplay is unaffected, as far as I can tell. I have just arrived in the Azure Nebula and begun Temporal Ambassador. Still getting area-switch issues but no in-game lag.
    edited January 2013
    Though, there is definitely something strange happening with map transitions. Every map change is at 40.72% for me, and even when its done and I can actually go into the map it is still at 40.72%. It never changes from 40.72%.

I usually don't get a server not responding thing until it starts patching mid-change. I am not seeing any of that info, and the server not responding message also seems to appear ahead of time - as in, its already got time on it before i've even really started loading (and nothing reasonable, i mean 10+s after only 1s is past.)
  • mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The servers are really bogged down, I bet. it's taking a while for the completed doff missions to roll in. I hope this gets cleared up soon. But it's not unplayable.
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • darkzenithukdarkzenithuk Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It seems that they're now breaking things with routine maintenance as well. :eek:
    Mortem a mundo, ortum republica, imperii ruina.
  • starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I am getting same thing about 60 plus seconds per screen
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Same problem here. Up to 90s of server not responding and then i can enter in a map... wtf? :confused:
  • duke93535duke93535 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I get the same thing when you leave spacedock, i hope they fix it real soon.
    edited January 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    And that makes a difference how?

Anyway, actually gameplay is unaffected, as far as I can tell. I have just arrived in the Azure Nebula and begun Temporal Ambassador. Still getting area-switch issues but no in-game lag.

I dont know... gameplay has subtly been affected for me. What used to be rubberbanding occasionally is happening frequently. In moving between sectors, even when not map loading, I am experiencing not responding messages and then getting the rubberband effect. And, as I watch it progress further, its almost becoming obvious that any moments i thought were lag free, are in actuality the opposite. I'm not experiencing any moments without lag, I'm only experiencing fast moments of major lag and moments where i just can't tell that i'm actually lagging.

In addition to that, I have zero ability to manipulate rep projects. I had to literally log out and back in, in order to collect rewards... I haven't gotten much further, I cant queue anything up much less add resources.
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Server not responding for every map transfer. It's taking several minutes to load.