test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (January 31, 2013)

Comments

• Options
    kpg1usakpg1usa Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Captain forgot his login name for his own bridge!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPsgsPc_WoI
  • Options
    sportz19721010sportz19721010 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hi Captains,

We are still on track to be finished at noon PST. We're going to do one more test in just a few minutes, though, that should not affect our ETA. I'll make a post in here when we'd like you to try the launcher again. Thanks for your patience and understanding -- the data we and our routing vendor are getting has been crucial, so thank you again for all of the help with testing :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

A TIME!!!!

Thank you for your notification!

Could you please put it in the red bar that says the "maintenance has been extended" instead of just letting us hang around trying to read all this stuff about cheetos being thrown at the screen...I like that one... :)
    darth-vader-wants-to-rock_zps3as86bfd.gif
  • Options
    sboslayersboslayer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    allenscott wrote: »
    Is there any way that the patch and update downtimes could be scheduled with a bit of variation? You have many players/customers in many time zones. Always bringing the servers down during the same time zone's prime playtime seems very geopraghically prejudice -hint hint, nudge nudge ;);)...food for thought. Customer happiness = latinum in your bank.

Yeah i've said it tons of time :/ pretty bad on Cryptics part. Guess the USA is the priority lol, understandable, but not fair!
  • Options
    hicks451hicks451 Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hi all, Ive just got online to see that the maintenance has gone over its scheduled time . can anyone please give us members who have just logged on an update? Thanks all:D
  • Options
    reikontenshireikontenshi Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    cokebear wrote: »
    Some of you folks make me embarrassed to be both a fan of Star Trek, and a long-tie member of this game... especially the ones with the "I've been here a WHOLE WEEK and it has sucked the entire time!" attitude...

Amen, Cokebear. As I said, I do gripe & whine a fair bit, but I don't put the passion or venom into my complaints like some of these people do.

It's a freakin' game, guys.....build a bridge, get over it.
  • Options
    lotusteadragonlotusteadragon Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well, this was fun, and now I'm off to take a nap before I come back to woo my beloved Ambassador class away from the hands of the NPC proletariat!
    Lotus_Tea_Dragon_STOBanner_Sig150x500.jpg
  • Options
    dexterman108dexterman108 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ragers? Chill out. Seriously. The event is 2 weeks long. Take a nap or something until maintenance is done.

Correction, The event will not be a 2 week long event for everyone. A lot of people like me cannot log into the game at the moment. So... if they fix it tonight. It might still be a 2 week long event. minus half a day for reasons you mention.
    "Beware the fury of a patient man"
  • Options
    tribble2013tribble2013 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    FYI Cryptic Launcher is working for me no problems, In UK and was affected by problems earlier this week.
  • Options
    hoovergkmmchoovergkmmc Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    hicks451 wrote: »
    Hi all, Ive just got online to see that the maintenance has gone over its scheduled time . can anyone please give us members who have just logged on an update? Thanks all:D

Update: It's still down.
  • Options
    kpg1usakpg1usa Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited January 2013
  • Options
    sheepxtremesheepxtreme Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    could we have an update pls guys, its gonna take as long as it takes but it would be nice to know what the deal is :)
  • Options
    spork87spork87 Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    launcher launches but it cant connect to the patching server
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Extended to 12 noon PST. (about another hour and 7 mins) ;)
  • Options
    giaranagiarana Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    opiewan100 wrote: »
    Ahhh no its not . . . Close but - - - No.

???
    :confused:
    HOMO SAPIENS NON URINAT IN VENTUM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    =/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
    Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
  • Options
    xero328xero328 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What are you ten years old?

I'm second person to use that line in here, buddy. Borrowed from The Office, Michael Scott besides, it's a free country and you can eat my shorts (Bart Simpson)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    could we have an update pls guys, its gonna take as long as it takes but it would be nice to know what the deal is :)

Update: It's still down.
  • Options
    ibuproplusibuproplus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I haven't read all the posts, but some of them are hilarious.
  • Options
    lake1771lake1771 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

cant be assed to read what you posted directly beneath ey?
  • Options
    hicks451hicks451 Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thanks apreciate it!!!!!:D
  • Options
    tiberiansamtiberiansam Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    paneth48 wrote: »
    Found out what they were really doing at cryptic.

Here

and

Here

For the first one: NO! JUST NO! *Shrudder* :eek:

At least, there was the "Star Trekkin" song to rince my eyes and ears...

But seriously, I say to the dev to take the time they need... I know this job can be really stressful and I'd rather wait longer for a game well patched then having quickly a buggy patch... :)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    xero328 wrote: »
    I'm second person to use that

That's what she said
  • Options
    jackson900pwejackson900pwe Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Some of you folks make me embarrassed to be both a fan of Star Trek, and a long-tie member of this game... especially the ones with the "I've been here a WHOLE WEEK and it has sucked the entire time!" attitude...

The 3-year anniversary of STO is February 2nd. Thursday is almost ALWAYS a patch/maintenance day. You are NOT going to miss out on your precious ship, you are NOT going to miss out on the anniversary, and all this raging does nothing but demonstrate a serious entitlement complex. Events like this always begin post-patch.

So, do what you need to do, Cryptic. I hope there aren't too many last-minute bugs being found, because as a huge fan of Yesterday's Enterprise, I am really looking forward to this event.

Ragers? Chill out. Seriously. The event is 2 weeks long. Take a nap or something until maintenance is done.

Shut up and listen. I don't care what someone says about the fanbase complaining. Whoever or whatever created our species gave us both good and bad emotions and frankly I and everyone else on this forum has as much right to complain as the next person. If Cryptic wanted to avoid all this complaining they should have done all this testing and stuff Tuesday or Wednesday. Don't come on here complaining about us complaining because you're doing the exact same thing: Complaining.
  • Options
    legoorlegoor Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Extended to 12 noon PST. (about another hour and 7 mins) ;)

No worries can do that standing on my head ;)
  • Options
    deasamus6284deasamus6284 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    just tried loging in to test but my sever kept timing out so how do i do that thing you guys are posting. looks like some kinda regedit thing.
  • Options
    ibuproplusibuproplus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    "Are we there yet?"
    "No"
    "Are we there yet?"
    "No"
    "Are we there yet?"
    "No"
    "Are we there yet?"
    "No"
    "Are we there yet?"
    "No"
    "Are we there yet?"
    "No"

I've just saved people from reading most of this thread
  • Options
    cptstark1cptstark1 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It would be great if Cryptic tell us how their work going.
  • Options
    pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    How did this happen? Did you fall asleep intoxicated and woke up married?

No. He thought she left him during Beta Testing. The only time he wanders the house is during server downtime. Must have run into her on his way to the refrigerator.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2013
    Looks like we've nailed down the issue with the launcher! WHOO HOO! :D Now, just to complete maintenance and get you all in-game. Who's ready for the Anniversary Event?!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    theindefatigabletheindefatigable Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    nooooooooooooooooo....probably not going to be up in time for me to get on before work or get a character the frosted boots I forgot to get before they disappear from the console at quark's. grrr.

Glad the launcher work is going well though. Looking forward to the Anniversary Event!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
    Founding member, Special Service Squadron
    "Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher
  • Options
    chriscarroll29chriscarroll29 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    how about giving us the GMT times im fed up of read PST this PST that.
This discussion has been closed.