test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (January 31, 2013)

Comments

• psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Looks like we've nailed down the issue with the launcher! WHOO HOO! :D Now, just to complete maintenance and get you all in-game. Who's ready for the Anniversary Event?!

I AM! :D/10chars
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • darimunddarimund Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Looks like we've nailed down the issue with the launcher! WHOO HOO! :D Now, just to complete maintenance and get you all in-game. Who's ready for the Anniversary Event?!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

didn't you say the launcher issue resolution would coincide with the completion of maintenance?
  • robinsonfamilyrobinsonfamily Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Me! I am ready!
  • sirepicalsirepical Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I'm kind of ready for it.
    Well I though I would miss the beginning of the event, but I guess not.
  • hoovergkmmchoovergkmmc Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    frankly I and everyone else on this forum has as much right to complain as the next person.

...and we have the right to point at you and laugh.
  • burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Another six weeks, right?
  • opiewan100opiewan100 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hey Thats a new one "Star Trek Online is closed for maint at this time".
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

WOOPDIDOO... nothing but: WOOPDIDOO :)
  • verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Because im bored, oh the horror at 2m9s http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRStf2VUWjU
  • kitsunetearskitsunetears Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    for The First One: No! Just No! *shrudder* :eek:

At Least, There Was The "star Trekkin" Song To Rince My Eyes And Ears...

But Seriously, I Say To The Dev To Take The Time They Need... I Know This Job Can Be Really Stressful And I'd Rather Wait Longer For A Game Well Patched Then Having Quickly A Buggy Patch... :)

Wtf
    No No No No No
  • tigerbaytigerbay Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Can't we all just get a log on?
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    bslisk wrote: »
    To Quote Khan in regards to the ambassador class it mocks me it mocks me and i must have it i will walk the rings of nebir cross the antaress maelstrom and go through perditions flames before i give up on aquiring that ship but hope all goes well and we are up soon
    Actually it's "he tasks me" but I guess "It" will work in these circumstances.
    Maybe that's what's happening, the server has become self aware and is cringing in abject horror at the prospects of having the Ambassador class running on it.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • jackson900pwejackson900pwe Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I was ready to get in game a long time ago Brandon. Really I was. I should have been in game already. This will do, but I hope we don't have to repeat this dilema because that was not cool at all.
  • lukeminherexxlukeminherexx Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks Brandon!
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
    You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else. -Einstein

• matias1977matias1977 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    sirepical wrote: »

Let's go for it!!!
  • hoovergkmmchoovergkmmc Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    sirepical wrote: »

That's what she said...
  • ibuproplusibuproplus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    slick97477 wrote: »
    Umm, when has there been a well patched game without bugs lately

Um...uh...no I'm really struggling to think of one, Pong was good..
  • xero328xero328 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    I like to imagine that when the game is down, the devs are running around in the game with their characters in their underwear reenacting the Dance scene from Risky Business

I have had the same thought in my head several times...lol THANKFULLY not the picture.
  • cptstark1cptstark1 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

who's ready?

-me ready!
  • spork87spork87 Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I want to Blow stuff up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cokebearcokebear Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    allenscott wrote: »
    Is there any way that the patch and update downtimes could be scheduled with a bit of variation? You have many players/customers in many time zones. Always bringing the servers down during the same time zone's prime playtime seems very geopraghically prejudice -hint hint, nudge nudge ;);)...food for thought. Customer happiness = latinum in your bank.

Perhaps in return, you should consider the fact that Cryptic is in California... which means the staff came into work, began prepping for the patch and then began maintenance. Do you expect them to come in for overtime either at 5am or maybe 8pm and take time away from their families and lives so you aren't inconvenienced one day a week at a particular time for your GAME time?

"Sorry, kids, Daddy can't be here for your play/dance recital tonight, because some gamers in another time zone are angry when we do maintenance during THEIR 'prime gaming time'... it's ok, it's not like these are once-in-a-lifetime things or something..." <fade into Harry Chapin's Cat's in the Cradle>

Adjust and deal with it.
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    That's what she said...

no.

That's What! - She
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • jeremiahhayesjeremiahhayes Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Tracing route to accounts.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.165]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.1.254
    2 33 ms 33 ms 33 ms 108.207.231.254
    3 33 ms 33 ms 33 ms 12.83.77.25
    4 53 ms 54 ms 54 ms 12.122.212.9
    5 54 ms 54 ms 54 ms 192.205.37.126
    6 92 ms 92 ms 149 ms 152.63.16.34
    7 92 ms 92 ms 92 ms 152.63.25.69
    8 93 ms 93 ms 93 ms 65.207.236.58
    9 97 ms 96 ms 96 ms 63.251.128.104
    10 125 ms 124 ms 125 ms 216.52.61.78
    11 118 ms 116 ms 116 ms 208.95.185.165

Trace complete.

C:\Windows\system32>

I'm not even getting that far...

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\HP>ping 208.9.185.41

Pinging 208.9.185.41 with 32 bytes of data:
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 208.9.185.41:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

C:\Users\HP>ping 208.9.185.44

Pinging 208.9.185.44 with 32 bytes of data:
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 208.9.185.44:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

Ya know, I was a business software engineer for about 25 years...if we told our customers to wait for two hours for a patch and after another 2 hours telling them "oops, it 'll be a few more hours," we would not have lasted very long...I understand you can have problems but I've never seen it done with such frequency...
    There is about as much water on Earth now as there was three billion years ago. But while the amount of water has remained static, the amount of tequila and Triple Sec available for the making of Margaritas has expanded enormously. So you see, we have made progress after all. ~Anonymous
  • mobiusoneofgalmmobiusoneofgalm Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2013
  • lotusteadragonlotusteadragon Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    darimund wrote: »
    didn't you say the launcher issue resolution would coincide with the completion of maintenance?

Didn't you read the updates that followed afterward?

He fixed the error in an edit, but I swear at one point he started foaming at the keyboard. Letters everywhere that didn't make sense!
    Lotus_Tea_Dragon_STOBanner_Sig150x500.jpg
  • deasamus6284deasamus6284 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    anyone else like me think the devs just use down time to have fun cause none of us are nerdy enough to keep up with em
  • sudonamisudonami Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This just in: can connect to login in server but when it goes to retrieving character list it says Star Trek Online is closed for maintenance at this time. we are slowly getting there.
  • jackson900pwejackson900pwe Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Shut the hell up.
  • robinsonfamilyrobinsonfamily Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Is ETA still 12:00pm PST since you track down the issue?
This discussion has been closed.