What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Romulan faction! Wheeeee!

Comments

• Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i would not be surprised if a 3rd faction was the death of faction ques. do we really think they would go to the trouble of making all the que types? and if they did, could we even fill them so half of them ever had games pop?
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Its just a Logo. Where is the text telling us anything?
    Nevermind found the video.

Though rumor says it may be a great update for the KDF to move toward completion with the start of the RSE finally begining. It may even have an adventure zone for the two factions.

Only the Devs know for sure.......
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    thegrimcorsairthegrimcorsair Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    Its just a Logo. Where is the text telling us anything?
    Nevermind found the video.

Though rumor says it may be a great update for the KDF to move toward completion with the start of the RSE finally begining. It may even have an adventure zone for the two factions.

Only the Devs know for sure.......

You are a more reasonable fellow than your beard has led me to believe, Roach-san. I shall do you a great honor and take your words of wisdom to heart... as should we all.

Ya gotta admit, though, it's nice to fantasize a bit every once in awhile, though.
    If you feel Keel'el's effect is well designed, please, for your own safety, be very careful around shallow pools of water.
  • Options
    kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Worst. Idea. Ever.

Given all the canon references we have to Klingons, we do not have a functioning KDF faction.

Now, while we *STILL* have a non-functioning KDF faction, everybody and their brother is excited about them making *ANOTHER* faction, that has *LESS* information and backstory then the Klingons do...

I have 10k EC says this time next year if we do get a Romulan faction the boards are full of people complaining that its not finished, and that the KDF is still not finished.

Finish the KDF. If you manage it, then start a thrid, unneccisary faction.
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • Options
    ivantomdisplayivantomdisplay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    There will be Empire to defend!

On the serious note, i hope it will give players everything that was lacking on kdf side.
    [10:49] [Combat (Self)] Your Proton Barrage deals 96581 (43411) Proton(Critical) to Seto.
    Poor soul didnt have time to log out.
  • Options
    radkipradkip Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    hurleybird wrote: »
    If true, we really need some sort of unified queue system. FvF, FvR, FvK, RvK, RvR, KvK is too much and would seriously split the community.
    Work being done on the queue system?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6tIf8ZWSFc

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
    kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If true, we really need some sort of unified queue system. FvF, FvR, FvK, RvK, RvR, KvK is too much and would seriously split the community.

Would be the perfect time to get rid of ques alltogether (except privates) and make open PvP zones for all to enjoy.......
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Now open PvP zones I could sink my teeth into! Actually put my cloak to some good use!
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Faction Queues and STF PUG-like Queues.

Faction Queues:
    FvRvK - first come first serve. If there are only 10 Feds in the queue, it will be a 5v5 FvF. If there are 5 Feds and 5 KDF, it will be a 5v5 FvK. If there are 5 Roms and 5 KDF, it will be a 5v5 KvR. If there are 4 Feds, 4 KDF, 4 Rom...the first two to get to 5 will go while the one that didn't get 5 will have to wait. If the two that got 5 manage to get 5 again before the other, that other will wait again....possibly again...and again. If that other gets 5, then they will face whichever of the other two queues five first. If there were 5 additional available for two, they'd make it a 10v10. Priority given to establishing 5v5's and then filling out 10v10s.

Plausible?

STF PUG-like Queues:
    Mixed teams of Feds, KDF, and Roms...
  • Options
    jnohdjnohd Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Beneath_the_Raptor%27s_Wing

So, if its a reference to that, I see nothing but a S8 story arc and content teaser for the Romulan/Iconian/Sela connection to the war. NOT another half-assed faction.
    Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
    ALL HOLDINGS FINISHED! - Starbase 5-5-5-5 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
    A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
    Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
  • Options
    webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    jnohd wrote: »
    http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Beneath_the_Raptor%27s_Wing

So, if its a reference to that, I see nothing but a S8 story arc and content teaser for the Romulan/Iconian/Sela connection to the war. NOT another half-assed faction.

I agree. And it makes more sense that it's that, then the Romulan Faction that I'd love to see, but not at the expense of the Klingons not being finished and fully fleshed out. Because we know they are not.

They'd also have to find a way to introduce new maps and new PVP options when they release a new faction. Something else I think we're still at least another year or two from getting.
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    A new faction? Maybe after the KDF gets more to it it'll be better. But I'd still play it for the half dozen missions.

More story missions progressing from the situation from three years ago? That'd be nice.

Story locked behind a rep grind? Have fun guys. I'll be in the Foundry instead.

I'm cautiously optimistic, regardless.
    <3
  • Options
    redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    other 2 faction pvp mmo's have found that adding a 3rd faction is a viable solution to common balance issues that arise. Battlestar Galatia online is adding a 3rd faction to deal with this issue. So its not far fetched to think that STO might do it as well.
  • Options
    hurleybirdhurleybird Member Posts: 909
    edited January 2013
    Faction Queues and STF PUG-like Queues.

Faction Queues:
    FvRvK - first come first serve. If there are only 10 Feds in the queue, it will be a 5v5 FvF. If there are 5 Feds and 5 KDF, it will be a 5v5 FvK. If there are 5 Roms and 5 KDF, it will be a 5v5 KvR. If there are 4 Feds, 4 KDF, 4 Rom...the first two to get to 5 will go while the one that didn't get 5 will have to wait. If the two that got 5 manage to get 5 again before the other, that other will wait again....possibly again...and again. If that other gets 5, then they will face whichever of the other two queues five first. If there were 5 additional available for two, they'd make it a 10v10. Priority given to establishing 5v5's and then filling out 10v10s.

Sounds pretty good, minus the 10v10 stuff.
  • Options
    dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Sounds pretty good, minus the 10v10 stuff.

Nothing wrong with 10v10 mayhem. If you have no guts, you do not need to queue Jorf :P
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • Options
    pveheropvehero Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    oh noes...

Don't they know that walking under a raptors wing, much like walking under a ladder, is supposed to bring bad luck?

:eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hurleybirdhurleybird Member Posts: 909
    edited January 2013
    dalnar83 wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with 10v10 mayhem. If you have no guts, you do not need to queue Jorf :P

Deal breaker is that you can only have five people on a team, and assuming you can fix that the game is still far too spammy for those kinds of matches to be fun, not to mention performance issues.
  • Options
    havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Kk just woke up still hearing wheeeee sounds in my head.

Is it may yet?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Deal breaker is that you can only have five people on a team, and assuming you can fix that the game is still far too spammy for those kinds of matches to be fun, not to mention performance issues.

We already have 10v10 though...so you'd want to remove 10v10s?

With what I had there, it would work something like this:

4 Fed, 4 KDF, 4 Rom.
    +1 Fed, +1 KDF.
    5v5 FvK launches.
    4 Rom wait.
    +5 Fed, +1 Rom.
    5v5 FvR launches.

...or...

4 Fed, 4 KDF, 4 Rom.
    +1 Fed, +1 KDF.
    5v5 FvK launches.
    4 Rom wait.
    +1 Fed, +1 KDF.
    The 5v5 FvK becomes 6v6 FvK.
    4 Rom still wait.

It's basically what we see now with the FvF, FvK, KvK queues. Though, I suppose one would have to add a third group, eh? Cause I didn't really provide for FvF, KvK, RvR...as much as I did Faction X vs. Faction Y, where X and Y could be Fed, KDF, or Rom.

So it would be Same Faction Queues, Faction Queues, and Mixed Queues.

But still, it sounds like you don't want there to be a 10v10 fight at all...? Even the 10v10 we already have, you'd rather not have?
  • Options
    duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ill be flying something small, turny, with enhanced battle cloak and universal boff slots for one of my unusual sci builds.. green and loaded with torpedos :D

PVP should be
    KvF
    RvF
    KvR

and one persistent ZONE with holdings / flags / capture where all 3 factions would compete.. could give an XP bonus for the whole faction according to actual score too..
  • Options
    snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    lulz, how about we see how Cryptic does it before we go nuts about the potential queuing system.

Yes, keep 10v10, and give me that back that one PvP mission that involved protecting freighters or something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    snoge00f wrote: »
    lulz, how about we see how Cryptic does it before we go nuts about the potential queuing system.

But, but, but... my potential queuing system's so simple and would work regardless of how many factions they added!

Course, I honestly don't think they're adding Romulans. I agree with what was said about the name being a tie into those books about the Romulan-Earth War during the ENT era. That it's basically going to be a Romulan vs. Romulan War where the KDF/Feds are backing the "good" Romulans while the "bad" Romulans are still being backed by the Iconians.
  • Options
    naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I will bet that May 2013 will be a new series of Featured Episodes, not a Romulan faction.
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • Options
    heegoo419heegoo419 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    check out the new video on the front page and wait to the last couple of seconds...

http://sto.perfectworld.com/sto_may2013
    Risa Squadron
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    devorasxdevorasx Member Posts: 693
    edited January 2013
    heegoo419 wrote: »
    check out the new video on the front page and wait to the last couple of seconds...

http://sto.perfectworld.com/sto_may2013

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=809521

2.44 and out after you see all the dull stuff.

March under the raptors wing... romulans!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
  • Options
    havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    too much blah .....not enough wheeeeeeeee

is it may yet
  • Options
    cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Im hoping and praying they dont make the scimitar class carriers. At the most just make it a carrier dreadnaught hybrid, just one bay plz, the nemisis battle was so awesome and they didn't use the fighters for it.
  • Options
    p2wsucksp2wsucks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    havam wrote: »
    too much blah .....not enough wheeeeeeeee

is it may yet

While debating in another thread, I thought of not only allowing max Toons to defect based on Romulan Rep system, but also allow a Racial Spec retrait to Romulan. We can all be spies.

Sounds like wheeeeeeeee to me.
    [Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
    Random Quote from Kerrat
    "Sumlobus@****: your mums eat Iced Targ Poo"
    C&H Fed banter