Comments

• bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I just like the green.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • devorasxdevorasx Member Posts: 693
    edited February 2013
    And do you think they'll have done the retrait/trait expansion by then - so you can take Accurate/Elusive - or will it be a case of rolling an alien that looks Romulan/Reman, eh?

Thats what i have done :P
    Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
  • tegeretegere Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This will be a wall of text, have ten pages of opinions here.
    I really want it to be a Romulan faction. And knowing that Dsthal said that they would only do a thrid faction when the KDF is done; best case senario is a update that finishes the KDF and adds the Romulans. So lets hope that they the statement "we will start seeing the benifits of a large crew (came form PWE) from now on (post season 7)." (paraprashed.) If it is Romulan faction I am already sad. They will nerf the Scimitar class :(. It should be able to fire cannons under cloak and have sheilds up (like it did on screen). It should also have at least one hanger. Someone earlier said that a gaxaly class of the era could beat it. But The Scimitar almost beat a sovergin (which is better than a galaxy) and 2 mogai's. I beleve that Schizion lost for two reasons. One he wanted Picard at the beging of the fight and therefore could not traget critical areas. And two Tori found the Reman telepathically; which (after a torp attack) killed the cloak and then the Enterprise rammed the Scimitar before they could luanch fighters. And that was 40 years ago (roughly) so it should be even better. Fianly I highly suspect that they could have used the thalorn generator under cloak (thats a whole theroy by it self if you want to here pm me), and even if they couldn't that is still a weapon of mass destruction. So no prisoners and kill beatzoids first, then you have a god ship. Therefore it will be nerfed. I however think that the C-store version will have the under cloak ethier cannon or sheild, also the thalorn generator might be saved for this ship two. I presonally think that its more likly to do a C-store pack with this ship over the D'd (Tact could fire under cloak, Sci has hanger (or the Thalorn Generator), Engi has Thalron genartor (or hangar). That's my two cents. Going to go wacth Nemesis now.
    One last note.
    Wheeeeeeeeee!
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    devorasx wrote: »
    TRIBBLE powerful. LOOK at it! Its sleek, its green, its menacing, its 3 times the size of the puny Galaxy and its got style!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

10x this.
    Even if its a T3 ship..........wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    Cloakable carriers... would be nice, though. :D

Lol... since the Romulans are the ones that came up with the cloaking, are you picturing the following?

Carrier.
    Enhanced Battle Cloak.
    Subterfuge.
  • webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Who knows.. maybe Romulans will be the Epic Faction, that you can only play when you have leveled a character to level 50.. And that starts at level 50.. and in that same update.. we get a new level cap.. :D

What? Don't look at me like that.. I'm not Crazy.. I don't think.....

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    webdeath wrote: »
    Who knows.. maybe Romulans will be the Epic Faction, that you can only play when you have leveled a character to level 50.. And that starts at level 50.. and in that same update.. we get a new level cap.. :D

Paid Expansion.
    All Z-Store Ships outside of a basic BoP you get with a special Romulan only character slot available from the Z-Store.

But no requirement to have leveled either a Fed or KDF toon...
    ...just a major credit card. :P
    edited February 2013
    Paid Expansion.
    All Z-Store Ships outside of a basic BoP you get with a special Romulan only character slot available from the Z-Store.

But no requirement to have leveled either a Fed or KDF toon...
    ...just a major credit card. :P

Hmm.. Or a Life time subscription.. (I recall something being said about more benefits being given to subscribers..) :)
    Think about this:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    Hmm.. Or a Life time subscription.. (I recall something being said about more benefits being given to subscribers..) :)

Free character slot if you buy the expansion? Still have to buy the ships.

D'deridex available as a 3-pack for 6k Zen or individual ships for 3k Zen.

Apex would only be 2k though...ahem, /cough. :)
    edited February 2013
    Lol... since the Romulans are the ones that came up with the cloaking, are you picturing the following?

Carrier.
    Enhanced Battle Cloak.
    Subterfuge.

Hah! Victim ship is thinking to himself... "where the blazes are those fighters coming from!!!?"

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
    edited February 2013
    Hah! Victim ship is thinking to himself... "where the blazes are those fighters coming from!!!?"

What fighters? :)

They're Romulan fighters with EBC and piloted by Romulans with Subterfuge.

It's more a case that you're sitting there doing your slow circle in CnH and then your screen's filled with plasma torpedoes crashing into you. 12 fighters and the carrier all using Hyper-Plasma Torps, eh? :)
  • woerligenwoerligen Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Maybe I'm the only one, but I'd like to see the D7-class cruiser and the 23rd century bird-of-prey as playable ships, in addition to those Romulan/Reman designs already in-game, too.

Playabale species would probably be Romulan, Reman, Liberated Borg Romulan (lifetime only), Hirogen, Alien and maybe something new (Romulan-allied Ferasans?). Romulans should come with an optional v-ridge.
    Leipzig University, 1409-2409
    edited March 2013
    In Soviet STO, Romulan play you...

So ~19 days for some info on the Meh Update, eh?
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    In Soviet STO, Romulan play you...

So ~19 hours for some info on the Meh Update, eh?

19 days.
    10chars.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
    edited March 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    19 days.
    10chars.

Yeah, I'm not quite awake yet and was still kind of sleep chuckling at the thread about it when I posted this. Probably karma, the result of my laughing at the folks thinking that May was going to be here in 19 days... that will teach me.
  • emoejoeemoejoe Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, I'm not quite awake yet and was still kind of sleep chuckling at the thread about it when I posted this. Probably karma, the result of my laughing at the folks thinking that May was going to be here in 19 days... that will teach me.

a closer look reveals the first number as years, yep. 20 years and counting to romulus, thats a timeline even cryptic can handle
    edited March 2013
    emoejoe wrote: »
    a closer look reveals the first number as years, yep. 20 years and counting to romulus, thats a timeline even cryptic can handle

20 years keeps coming up...
    20 years for a Romulan Faction...
    20 years for a one man fleet to get to T3 Shipyard...
    20 years for me to have the skill to fly a Sci Fleet Norgh...
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    In TNG the Warbird was supposed to be able to outmatch the Galaxy in almost every way except for max warp speed. The episode where Troi poses as a Tal Shiar agant, the Commander threatens to decloak and destroy the Enterprise and both her and Troi seemed sure that she would be able to do it.

It should be about as tanky as a cruiser with a little less engineering since its not a team healer but a warship. I would like a boff layout like this for it.
    Its hull, shield , and manuverablilty stats should be similar to the Fleet Vorcha, maybe slightly lower if they give it a battlecloak.

Lt Cmdr Tac

Cmdr Eng
    Ensign Eng

Lt sci

Lt Universal (or sci)
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • freedumb4evafreedumb4eva Member Posts: 269
    edited March 2013
    In MAY!

IF this is legit, what do you guys reckon will be specials for each ship, and what shiptypes do you reckon they will release?

Frankly i hope all romulan ships gets battle cloaks and a way more efficent cloak then klinks. And most of all i WANT that shield inversion beam on the D`deridex warbird.

I think that players of sufficient level in the Federation will be able to play Romulan characters, just like the KDF, however, the Romulan faction will not be a full-fledged faction with its' own unique story lines aside from between levels 1-20 or 25.

At that point the player will decide to join the Federation or KDF with their Romulan character.

Romulans will have a home-world like Sol system. Romulans will have their own racial starships. Romulans will get a tab in the cryptic store.

Romulans will belong to the KDF or Federation, yet at the same time have their own racial hub to buy ships and stuff... just my thoughts on it.
    edited March 2013

If this is the case then Cryptic takes two queues from World of ******** that I think will pertain to the Romulan faction.

1) Romulans start neutral and join one of the two existing factions. (Pandaren)

2) Romulans are a reward race for hitting max level. (Death Knight)
    edited March 2013
    martydarty wrote: »
    Theres not much there to say a faction, and with all the interviews saying that its unlikely any further playable factions coming in 2013 I would says its either another zone or story branch.

5 months to may they have created a faction I doubt that way to quick, there would be any content for it shame but I don't think so.

It is quite possible that the teaser is only for a feature episode and maybe another Romulan fleet action.
  • snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It is quite possible that the teaser is only for a feature episode and maybe another Romulan fleet action.

Doubtful.

Something that piddly wouldn't consume as much resources as it is now. So much so, that some things have been pushed to the backburner.

It's the Rommies in one form of another.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    And the crowd goes for a resounding wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

• snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    T-minus 17 days until Dev splurges! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • beefsupreme79beefsupreme79 Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Romulans......only playable by gold members, or unlocked with 10 fleet consoles, keeping with cryptic tradition
  • rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Romulans......only playable by gold members, or unlocked with 10 fleet consoles, keeping with cryptic tradition

That would be a shame :(

Can't wait I hope that with a third faction pvp will become more interesting ! :D
    edited March 2013
    Romulans......only playable by lifetime members, or unlocked with 100 fleet consoles, keeping with cryptic tradition

Fixsies for you. ;)
    Think about this:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    who cares about the money............wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    marc8219 wrote: »
    In TNG the Warbird was supposed to be able to outmatch the Galaxy )

In STO the Galaxy is a T4 Captain rank cruiser.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    edalgo wrote: »
    In TNG the galaxy was the only Federation ship that was a straight up match to the romulan warbird. Now in combat the warbird would hold the advantage of surprise with their cloak but in the end it would come down to captains and crew that would determine the victor.

Actually, in the end it came down to the writers and where the story needed to go. Folks often forget that in discussing things from Star Trek as if they were discussing Ford vs. Chevy, nVidia vs. AMD/ATI, McDonald's vs. Burger King, etc, etc, etc. It's not real - the writers did what they wanted...and there are many cases where they'd throw X, Y, or Z (plot armor, plot weapon, plot device) into the mix to change what they might have had happen a previous time.