test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Romulan faction! Wheeeee!

Comments

• stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013

If it's scaled similarly to a Mogai, the wings (or based on the concept art, those cowlings where the wings meet the central hull) will likely be capable of having comparable hangar space to the Armitage.
  • naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    webdeath wrote: »
    You mean like:
    Will there be 3 Separate PVP Ques or just one Random Moshpit?

Well, they haven't said these new Romulans are at war with anyone. Maybe they get NO PvP... :eek:
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    naevius wrote: »
    Well, they haven't said these new Romulans are at war with anyone. Maybe they get NO PvP... :eek:

Maybe Feds and KDF end the war, and go bunny taggin together.

so it ll be K/FvR
  • dummynamedummyname Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    or they could be like space pandas and chose to fight on either side....

also, new UI changes look appealing, to say the least.
    24 Hours a day, 365 days a week.
  • mancommancom Member Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Maybe Cryptic will simply disable pvp queues for a year or two until they figure out how 3-faction pvp could work?
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    mancom wrote: »
    Maybe Cryptic will simply disable pvp queues for a year or two until they figure out how 3-faction pvp could work?

you really think that any of the Devs even knows how to do that on purpose ....remember: "nuking kerrat" .....wheeeeeee
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hrmm... so...thinking about the carrier/pseudo carrier thing - given the pictures of drones - something along the lines of a Romulan Drone Carrier, eh?
  • mancommancom Member Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Am I the only one who primarily thinks "new unbalanced traits", "more grind with new unbalanced rep stuff" and "new unbalanced ships" while reading this announcement? (And possibly "new unbalanced warp cores".)
    edited March 2013
    Am I the only one who primarily thinks "new unbalanced traits", "more grind with new unbalanced rep stuff" and "new unbalanced ships" while reading this announcement? (And possibly "new unbalanced warp cores".)

The masses want more power!
    Doesn't matter if the content doesn't require more power, the masses want more power!
    They don't care about balance - they want to obliterate the NPCs so they can feel heroic!
    They're willing to break out their credit cards for Cryptic!

Um...yeah...um...meh.
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013

I read OP faction... an entire new line of ships to purchase....

Crazy D costs on leveling ships.... as they aren't likely to have multiple Cstore options at every level.

Imagine if you will folks coming into STO as a completely 100% new player today and leveling a fed... could you do it without dropping a bunch of $... at least and not want to slit your wrists.

Now that you have that thought in your head... up the price tag 50-100%... and enjoy your new Romulan leveling experience. :)

At least at end game you will likely have the most annoying Overpowered toys... so it will work out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    are these few screeners and some texts on this site everything thats going to be revealed todey?
    They say "click here for full details" but theres nothing *detailed* there.. am i just blind or is this all for now?

I was hoping for much more specific details more like patchnotes, some details on the ships, on the new traits asf

its nice to know that new trait ssystem is comming but i cant find any specifics on that..
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    are these few screeners and some texts on this site everything thats going to be revealed todey?
    They say "click here for full details" but theres nothing *detailed* there.. am i just blind or is this all for now?

I was hoping for much more specific details more like patchnotes, some details on the ships, on the new traits asf

its nice to know that new trait ssystem is comming but i cant find any specifics on that..

2 Months to launch... I think they are going to hold details for awhile.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • radkipradkip Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What will the ground kits look like? Will Engi turrets be plasma automatically?
    Will Ground kits get the I-win Mine?
    I'd love to see plasma mines rather than chroniton mines. Step on one, you take some damage, get set on fire and a mini plasma fire envelops the area.

And yeah, we'll probably see plasma turrets. Not like the embassy ones, I hope. And Plasma Orbital Strike! Ooh the afterburn! :D

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
    kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited March 2013

its nice to know that new trait system is coming but i cant find any specifics on that..

Oh such a BIG +1 to all of this .

After all the teaser images , the count down clock , all we're left now is what we've had before . Random speculation ... with just a little more to speculate on .
  • aetam1aetam1 Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Start as any Faction

Create your first character as a member of the Federation, Klingon Empire, or Romulan Republic and level your captain from 1 to 50.

Nice. That sounds like the klingons get new content and they add an entire faction. That seems too good to be true.

My stomach is clear and my mind is full of bacon!
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think my KDF alts will get a bit of off duty time as I go play Romulans.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    One thing I'm wondering.. if that Concept Art is actually an "upgraded" Scimitar, will it have the Thalaron Burst attack that it's known for.. And if so, would it be a Console, or more like the Garumba and be apart of it.

I'm already suspecting it'll also have a hanger or two slots. (Looks like two on the wings, making it a Carrier)
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    lol you think so. :)

Looks like in the video, The early birds fly a lot like the early Bops.

I think you are going to have plenty to QQ about when you see that DHC Battle Cloaking 15 Turn 5 tac console Battle Cruiser come Romulan end game.

I'm past QQ, fewer logins per week instantly solved all my worries, I no longer care and thus no longer spend money :P

But wait, all factions need their Galaxy. Romulan Warbird would be excellent choice for that.
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    dalnar83 wrote: »
    I'm past QQ, fewer logins per week instantly solved all my worries, I no longer care and thus no longer spend money :P

But wait, all factions need their Galaxy. Romulan Warbird would be excellent choice for that.

Romulan Warbird would be more like the Sci Odyssey, but it's turn rate would be the same as the Odyssey with out it's "hat" :D
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    One thing I'm wondering.. if that Concept Art is actually an "upgraded" Scimitar, will it have the Thalaron Burst attack that it's known for.. And if so, would it be a Console, or more like the Garumba and be apart of it.

I'm already suspecting it'll also have a hanger or two slots. (Looks like two on the wings, making it a Carrier)

It's much more reminiscent of a Mogai/Valdore type ship than a Scimitar to me. Though I completely agree about the wing cowlings, and the Mogais in-game are already a good deal larger than existing single-hangar ships.
    edited March 2013
    BoP (Hegh'ta) - Mogai (Qin) - D'Deridex (Kamarag) - Drone Carrier (Varanus)
  • devorasxdevorasx Member Posts: 693
    edited March 2013
    My wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee`s are hereby official!

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
  • crimisicrimisi Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    devorasx wrote: »

Indeed. It may just bring me back. Damn. Well one good thing if I do return is I will rejoin those I made friends with :)

Veni Vidi Vici
    Confucius says "A Panda is most dangerous when Sad".
  • snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Awesome. :)

Devoras is gonna lay the smackdown on you nubs with his Romulan hax! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • devorasxdevorasx Member Posts: 693
    edited March 2013
    Sooo happy i saved up all that dil (200K)

Now im going to give me romie a boost start.
    Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
  • drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Sooo happy i saved up all that dil (200K)

Now im going to give me romie a boost start.

Matey if you looking for a fleet mate please let me know!
    edited March 2013
    So, in theory the Romulans need to start with 15 ships (5 ranks x 3.) I wonder if there are really 15 player ships ready? Or...maybe these Romulans get some KDF/Fed ships? (That would also solve the lockbox & veteran ship problem.)
    edited March 2013
    So, in theory the Romulans need to start with 15 ships (5 ranks x 3.) I wonder if there are really 15 player ships ready? Or...maybe these Romulans get some KDF/Fed ships? (That would also solve the lockbox & veteran ship problem.)

BoP (Raider), Mogai (Raptor), D'Deridex (Battle Cruiser), ????? (Science/Support)

Utilize upgrades instead of ships, they would only need those four ships. Well, plus the TOS Rom BoP starter ship.

To that though, it might be a case of adding a Flight-Deck Cruiser/Heavy Raptor Carrier, Carrier, Time Ship, Temporal Destroyer, Vet Ship, Scimitar 3pack (Bort/Ody comparitive)...?

They'll also need a shuttle.

So somewhere around 15 ships... with cosmetic changes for the ships as they advance/skins/bits/etc...cause you'd also be looking at 4+ Fleet Ships that would be needed at some point.

It's kind of twisted though, eh? Not counting small craft (nor lockbox/event), there's over 85 Fed Ships and over 60 KDF Ships.

Definitely going to be interesting to see how they handle that for the Roms. We've got two months of info coming our way though...will have to see.
    edited March 2013
    Having to upgrade a handful of ships would be kind of chintzy. I'm curious as well - maybe they have been steadily adding Romulan ships in the background over the last year. Or maybe Romulans don't have sci ships, or all their ships have universal Boffs....
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    or all their ships have universal Boffs....

that would make for interesting gameplay...but if the green elves get that, the feds are going to start screaming louder than its ever screamed before...they still rage every so often because they have no uni boff ship like the KDF's BoPs
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.