test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Good-bye, old friend! Hello phaser lady!

Comments

• Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Depends on the person and the mother (I know men in their forties one of whom has a PHD who are terrified of their mothers anger)
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    sollvax wrote: »
    Depends on the person and the mother (I know men in their forties one of whom has a PHD who are terrified of their mothers anger)
    :rolleyes:

At the end of the day, it's just a picture. Is that exact picture needed? Probably not. Does it do a job? Yes it does. I think it's fair to say that there are more male gamers here than there are female, and such an invitation is likely to catch the eyes of more male gamers (of which Cryptic probably sees as their main audience, much alike they do FED players over KDF players).

There have been enough disapproving comments on it already, yet the picture remains and nobody at Crytpic has come forward to comment on it. As is evidence from past requests, suggestions and the like, if Cryptic don't comment on something, it means they're not going to do anything about it. Believe me, I know. I've dropped enough hints and requests about their changes to the duty officer requisition, all posts ignored.

The picture will be staying, people complaining about it wont change that. I can't imagine it was a 5-minute project, and it probably went through several changes in addition to some meeting (inc CBS) to get approved before it was used.

People might as well get used to it. It'll be here until at least Season 8.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    How uptight do you have to be to find that image so offensive that you'd tell your 13-year-old son to turn the computer off right this instant?
  • Options
    keysmachinekeysmachine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    lets have it STO fans.. which one is better Phaser Guy or Romulan Chick. I'm all for the next big content update we get both of them doing something heroic together with some explosions or ship to ship combat in the background.
  • Options
    purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Phaser Guy didn't look like Kristen Stewart--who is awful. So... Phaser Guy. I miss him. :(
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Phaser Guy.

But I don't think she is Pure Romulan given the hair and Starfleet phaser.

Her parents are Romulan & Human.
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Phaser guy doesn't look like he gets confused trying to figure out which boot goes on which foot.
    <3
  • Options
    cormorancormoran Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Phaser guy looked like he had a giant stick up his TRIBBLE. I much prefer the Vulcan chick.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Phaser Guy didn't look like Kristen Stewart--who is awful. So... Phaser Guy. I miss him. :(

i think she looks a lot more like Kirsten Holt. than Stewart.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    cormoran wrote: »
    Phaser guy looked like he had a giant stick up his TRIBBLE. I much prefer the Vulcan chick.

you know what i think you're right. Tuvok from Voyager had a similar facial structure and ears.
  • Options
    herbie1966herbie1966 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I like them both...

Why not just rotate them every once in a while?
  • Options
    captainmerzancaptainmerzan Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    vulcan chick, think Kirstie Alley from the wrath of kahn , i perfer vulcan chick
  • Options
    conundrumnsaconundrumnsa Member Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Sex sells.
  • Options
    hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Guess
    /10 char
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    hippiejon wrote: »
    Guess
    /10 char

lol.

phaser guy did look a lot more heroic than Sexy Vulcan chick.
  • Options
    startrekronstartrekron Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    R.I.P. (Handsome) Phaser Dude!

Um, I'll take both!
    "Live Long and Prosper but always carry a fully charged phaser, just in case!". Arrr'ow

Co-Leader of Serenity's Grasp
  • Options
    skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited November 2012

The poor creature is physically off balance (and biologically unlikely)

if you respect Women its not gender politics its callled "being a decent person"

Technically I think she is biologically fictional, not "unlikely". As far as respecting women meaning you can't enjoy a nice pic.... that is simply silly.

If anything lets get more pics like this into STO! Really people, so many things that the playerbase puts up with and THIS is what some people rage about??!!

Cryptic, sell an extra hair and cleavage costume set! I guarantee that will sell like crazy! ALso, make a one piece swimsuit style uniform too! Lots of things they can add! Claim its all Mirror Universe stuff! Its time for a combat bikini armor!
  • Options
    twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    herbie1966 wrote: »
    I like them both...

Why not just rotate them every once in a while?

Actually, I'm all for rotating.

But can we please, please, also add some KDF figurehead in there (preferably not an Orion lady, considering recent feedback)?
    In every single piece of promotional material, lately, the KDF seems left out...
  • Options
    exejayexejay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    phantasrs wrote: »
    tboobsfixed.jpg

I made this real fast. I moved her eyes, zipped up her shirt, and gave her a more greenish tinge. I didn't bother trying to fix that foreshortening with my limited skills and couldn't fix her back either... What do you guys think? We already knew about the eye thing but I think closing her shirt also helps take the emphasis off her TRIBBLE.
    http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f170/Raining_Stardust/?action=view&current=main-background3.jpg You can download the original size there I think.

I didn't do the Romulan thing, sorry. Feel free to edit it more though. :)

Niiiice. Awesome! Thanks :P
  • Options
    dcmstechdcmstech Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'll take the Vulcan Female :D
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Technically I think she is biologically fictional, not "unlikely". As far as respecting women meaning you can't enjoy a nice pic.... that is simply silly.

If anything lets get more pics like this into STO! Really people, so many things that the playerbase puts up with and THIS is what some people rage about??!!

Cryptic, sell an extra hair and cleavage costume set! I guarantee that will sell like crazy! ALso, make a one piece swimsuit style uniform too! Lots of things they can add! Claim its all Mirror Universe stuff! Its time for a combat bikini armor!

You mean suicide outfits (there is no armour value in a bikini you know all the kill zones are exposed)

There is a MUCH better version of the picture a couple of posts up
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    How about a Saurian woman (flat chested)
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    rachelj88rachelj88 Member Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You mean suicide outfits (there is no armour value in a bikini you know all the kill zones are exposed)

There is a MUCH better version of the picture a couple of posts up

hehe Bikinis will have good perks though...

One Piece Bikini Mk XII

100% water resistanc3
    40% cold resistance
    40% heat resistance

2.5% chance to make target miss their shot
    100% chance for target to delay shot
    50% chance to placate (self) when target blinks
    5% chance to increase bloom effects by 100 on exiting water...

:D

Absolutaly love the edited picture - Lovely!

RachelJ88
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    How about a Saurian woman (flat chested)

Yeah except the ingame ones have TRIBBLE. Seriously Lizards with TRIBBLE:confused:
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    tboobsfixed.jpg

I made this real fast. I moved her eyes, zipped up her shirt, and gave her a more greenish tinge. I didn't bother trying to fix that foreshortening with my limited skills and couldn't fix her back either... What do you guys think? We already knew about the eye thing but I think closing her shirt also helps take the emphasis off her TRIBBLE.

We need to take this and smack PWE PR dept face with it!

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    hehe Bikinis will have good perks though...

One Piece Bikini Mk XII

Maybe
    100% water resistanc3
    granted
    40% cold resistance
    40% heat resistance

more like 10% heat resistance -60% Cold vulnerablity
    2.5% chance to make target miss their shot

or a +25% chance for male firers
    100% chance for target to delay shot

10% chance of multiple shots for females of normal attire??
    50% chance to placate (self) when target blinks
    5% chance to increase bloom effects by 100 on exiting water...
    100% chance to get arrested in space dock
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    qplansewalkerqplansewalker Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Honestly what confuses me most is her pose. Why the heck is she leaning so far forward, and how is she not falling over?

If she were standing at a gravitationally practical angle I'd say it's probably about the same level of cheesecake that "hansom phaser guy" was beefcake.

Though it also wouldn't hurt to zip her uniform up all the way.
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    more like 10% heat resistance -60% Cold vulnerablity
    100% chance to get arrested in space dock

Quoted for truth. :cool:
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    therealtedtherealted Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What's with the Vulcan hoochie on the front page? :confused:

Edit: *mumble grumble* merge my post, will ya? *mumble*