test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Good-bye, old friend! Hello phaser lady!

Comments

• born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The Vulcan babe is the exact reason you don't give hot girls trying to show how hot they are - A GUN!!

she is running bent over looking at you saying worship my TRIBBLE, while firing a phaser in another direction - Oh did I shoot something- that`s ok I still looked good`

Youtube is full of girls getting knocked out by recoil - but I guess the phaser does not do that so -meh.

Just look out any of you guys following her!
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    As much as I think most of this misguided anti-sexist banter is unnecessary...

...that Riker pic is the best thing I've seen all week. And I browse imgur regularly so that's saying a lot.
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    We haven't lost our beloved "handsome phaser guy" completely see :)
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    twg042370 wrote: »

This is great, it made my day :)

The best bit? He makes it look better than she does
    ZiOfChe.png?1
    edited December 2012
    adamkafei wrote: »
    This is great, it made my day :)

The best bit? He makes it look better than she does

But the Riker pic is still a recoverable angle - the Vulcan chick - at the bent over angle of her hips to torso - I don`t think there is any way to avoid a tumble -especially in 2 inch heeled boots - no way!
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Thread fuuuuuussssionn HAH!
    <3
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    edited December 2012
    twg042370 wrote: »

The other perspective that makes this angle of her body plausible is if she where jumping/about to leap off a cliff or some high point.

Since she has no concern for landing her back leg this solution above is the only answer. There is no physical way the back leg could be brought forward to continue the run. Even if somehow it was able to get forward the 2 in heel of the boot would hit the ground twist her ankle/leg/knee into a pretzeel.
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    An invisible alien man (directly decended from Kirk) has grabbed her by the TRIBBLE and is holding her up
    Live long and Prosper
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    sollvax wrote: »
    An invisible alien man (directly decended from Kirk) has grabbed her by the TRIBBLE and is holding her up

Sounds plausible.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Clearly this is the answer.

Invisible Groper Descendant from Kirk.... that needs to be a character class alongside Tactical, Engineering, and Science!
  • hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    She fired, then something caught her eye before her weapon finished cycling.
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You really know that you've made it once your website icon gets featured on Escher Girls !
    Congratulations STO Website Design Team.
    Bravo.
    Great job, STO.
    Keepin' it classy.

They even had to invent a new iteration of the Hawkeye just for STO.
    Long live the Riker.

At this point, anyone who says it's not a pandering, sexist image is just lying to themselves.

So, yeah.
    Got your own feature on Escher Girls.

Honestly, with as horrible as the image is ... should've seen it coming.
  • redrickyredricky Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Escher Girls has picked up the image from the home page. If you're wondering what that means:
    This is a blog to archive and showcase the prevalence of certain ways women are depicted in illustrated pop media, specifically how women are posed, drawn, distorted, and sexualized out of context, often in ridiculous, impossible or disturbing ways that sacrifice storytelling.

1 2 3 so far. More to follow I'm sure.

Cryptic, take note, this is not an "OMG a girl/sexuality/TRIBBLE being used to sell something" moment. It is the absurdity of the image itself which is meme-worthy. Walk it back before it spreads and the first thing the general population associates with STO is T'TRIBBLE and her memes.
    edited December 2012
    What can you say, sex sells - This is by all means nothing new under the sun - Look at the old cig commercials or the recent Doritos commercials.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yet, I'm sure they probably see the Victoria's Secret specials as somehow empowering women.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Star Trek Women have been in sexy clothing since The Original Series. So it is part of Star Trek to have a sexy vulcan babe on the homepage.
  • artanisenartanisen Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    redricky wrote: »
    Escher Girls has picked up the image from the home page. If you're wondering what that means:

1 2 3 so far. More to follow I'm sure.

Cryptic, take note, this is not an "OMG a girl/sexuality/TRIBBLE being used to sell something" moment. It is the absurdity of the image itself which is meme-worthy. Walk it back before it spreads and the first thing the general population associates with STO is T'TRIBBLE and her memes.

seriously? of all the things to complain about?
  • beerstickmanbeerstickman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Escher Girls has picked up the image from the home page. If you're wondering what that means

I know what it means.. You dont like the pic, and to make a statement you went around submitting it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tachyonharmonictachyonharmonic Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Honestly I'd rather see the phaser dude back.

Large-Breasted Vulcan Captains falling over with their uniform half-open doesn't say Star Trek to me.
    edited December 2012
    Seven of nine is not sexualised
    or sexy
    its a corpse in an overall
    Live long and Prosper
  • skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    hippiejon wrote: »
    At this point, anyone who says it's not a pandering, sexist image is just lying to themselves.

Got your own feature on Escher Girls.

So? The real question is why should it bother anyone? We live in a society that oversexualizes the feminine form because it WORKS. Honestly by now most of us are more or less immune to it and I for one certainly appreciate Miss Vulcan's appeal :). Is her position and pose kinda goofy? Yes. Would I have preferred she was looking at her target? Also yes, but at least I can understand the idea was to have the viewer lock onto her eyes that are looking straight out at the viewer. Naturally they couldn't really have Miss Vulcan looking straight at the audience while pointing a charged phaser at them could they?

Also... I went to the link but who the heck is "Escher Girls" and why should Miss Vulcan appearing there have any relevancy? All I saw was them putting the pic at an angle and adding some flowers that clearly did not match. Yay, clashing angles are artsy! meh. The person that photoshopped Miss Vulcan to have a more modest zipped up jacket deserves far more praise even as "I" would prefer she was more daring with her zipper, but she IS a Starfleet Officer, so what can you do?
    edited December 2012
    With EXTREME Apologies to Mr Stephens

Tired of drifting, searching, shifting Instance up and down
    Every time I slip and slide a little further down
    I can?t blame you if you won?t take me back
    After everything I put you through
    But honey you?re my last hope
    And who else can I turn to

Come on phaser Lady take my word
    I won?t run out on you again believe me
    Oh, I?ve seen the light
    It?s just one more pointless fight
    Without you
    Here I am a million light years from home
    The Solar wind and Radiation go through me
    I?m lost and alone, In the PVP zone
    Phaser Lady

Double talkers, STF gawkers at every turn
    Drozana station and Icy Racing still I had to learn
    That the one shining thing in my mind
    Was the sweet love I had with you
    And honey you?re my last hope
    And who else can I turn to

Oh, I?ve seen the light
    Without you
    Phaser Lady

Can?t you find it in you to forgive me
    Cause here I am a million light years from home
    The solar wind and radiation go through me
    I?m lost and alone, in the PVP Zone
    Phaser Lady

Oh, I?ve seen the light
    Without you
    Phaser Lady
    Live long and Prosper
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2012
    starkaos wrote: »
    Star Trek Women have been in sexy clothing since The Original Series. So it is part of Star Trek to have a sexy vulcan babe on the homepage.

And that makes it alright?
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Large-Breasted Vulcan Captains falling over with their uniform half-open doesn't say Star Trek to me.

Honestly, you need to go back and watch more TOS then. ;)
    (Uhura, Rand, Helen Noel, and any female alien or android who interacted with Captain Kirk. :D)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    edited December 2012
    Show me a partly dressed VULCAN in TOS?
    Also any character of Flag rank who is under 50?
    Live long and Prosper
    edited December 2012
    Seven of nine is not sexualised
    or sexy
    its a corpse in an overall

Please don't start that old argument up again.

Seven of Nine was assimilated. Then she was liberated. Then she gradually regained her original identity throughout the series.

You say she's not alive because she was assimilated? Why? Look at all the crazy things that are classified as "life" in Star Trek. If this thing qualifies, Seven definitely does.

:rolleyes:
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
    edited December 2012
    As i have said before she was sent by the Queen to gain information on humans
    she never stopped being a Drone

And a Virus is sort of alive
    A Borg sort of isn't
    Live long and Prosper
    edited December 2012
    As i have said before she was sent by the Queen to gain information on humans
    she never stopped being a Drone

The Queen did technically let her go with Voyager to gain insight on the humans, but it was made pretty clear in "Dark Frontier" that this was unknown to Seven and done against her will. She's proven again and again that she has a will and an identity contrary to that of the Collective.

[/QUOTE]And a Virus is sort of alive
    A Borg sort of isn't[/QUOTE]

They have lifesigns. They need energy to survive. They can even reproduce. How are they not alive?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
    edited December 2012
    They have lifesigns only when "turned on" and those are simulated
    they Don't reproduce they cannibalise sentient beings for parts
    and my digital watch needs energy to survive
    Live long and Prosper