test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate Problem

Comments

• usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    worked for 2 min and now same again for me , even the tribble update stopped at 3%
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • areikou#8990 areikou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    irbisgreif wrote: »
    Strange problem (and annoying it is).

Anyone care to compare tracerts for the problem?

I get the following: (early hops cut out for personal privacy reasons)

What I'm seeing implies that the problem is with Cogent Communications, who are probably the ISP for STO. What do other people see in route traces?

UPDATE: A friend who can connect traced it for me and got:

So, looking at the hop that he can make that I can't, it's something to do with: http://whois.domaintools.com/38.111.40.114 and te3-4.ccr01.bos06.atlas.cogentco.com.

Think someone messed up a routing table at cryptic? Or is it just some of us being filtered for some strange reason?

Well I performed the same traceroute to the IP address provided.
    6 55 ms 41 ms 52 ms pos-3-11-0-0-cr01.56marietta.ga.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.85.225]
    7 39 ms 85 ms 46 ms pos-0-2-0-0-pe01.56marietta.ga.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.86.166]
    8 41 ms 42 ms 54 ms te4-2.ccr01.atl02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.10.233]
    9 40 ms 38 ms 97 ms te0-0-0-1.ccr21.atl01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.0.165]
    10 49 ms 50 ms 52 ms te0-0-0-7.ccr21.dca01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.28.213]
    11 49 ms 48 ms 126 ms te0-0-0-2.ccr21.jfk02.atlas.cogentco.com [66.28.4.125]
    12 53 ms 61 ms 54 ms te0-2-0-1.ccr22.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.44.94]
    13 65 ms 79 ms 48 ms te4-2.ccr01.bos06.atlas.cogentco.com [66.28.4.254]
    14 81 ms 61 ms 59 ms 38.111.40.114
    15 49 ms 58 ms 54 ms 208.95.185.44
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Unrepentant] Lapo@overlapo: the problem with space STF
    is that you can't properly teabag your defeated opponent

Unrepentant: Home of the Rainbow Warrior and the Rainbow Brigade.
  • yuvondovahyuvondovah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yay! After a good night's sleep it really is a better day for piloting. Glad to have my captain's chair on my bridge back. Smells a bit like Borg in here...gonna put some incense sticks. :P

Thanks very much for fixing it, Cryptic/PWE. ;)
  • nadiakirknadiakirk Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    They still have issues on their servers....because I have the same problems you noticed yesterday, and I'm unable to connect to www.startrekonline.com, too....
    I hope they'll be able to fix this bad error soon I thought they have noticed that on forum maybe sayin' something about "waiting times" to solve that but no way...maybe they techicians have been assimilated :oP
  • yuvondovahyuvondovah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Aww I'm sorry to hear you still can't get back on, nadiakirk. :(

Considering my whole bridge smelled like Borg you could be right. I bet they are afraid of you and don't want you to hunt them down.
    I really hope that whatever is causing the problem for you (and others) will be found and eliminated soon.
  • nadiakirknadiakirk Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yuvondovah wrote: »
    Aww I'm sorry to hear you still can't get back on, nadiakirk. :(

Considering my whole bridge smelled like Borg you could be right. I bet they are afraid of you and don't want you to hunt them down.
    I really hope that whatever is causing the problem for you (and others) will be found and eliminated soon.
    i will go toward another on line game there are many...it's a pity cause I love this game and I love Star trek, but I've tried all suggestions and no one works, so i don't wanna go crazy...**** happens :):P
  • interrobang451interrobang451 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hello all,

I hope that this helps:
    My machine is on a network, via a wireless router. The network gets internet through a regular DSL gateway.

Two days ago I had couldn't access the patch server or startrekonline.com. I tried the following solutions to no avail:

1. Restarted everything
    2. Ran Windows restore to the previous day
    3. Changed my computer's IP
    4. Reinstalled the game

Then I changed my routers IP:

Untitled.gif

The game has worked for me ever since.
    I don't know if this answer is applicable in your case, or even that it solved my problem. I have heard that the game client has a history of spontaneously working and not working.

Good luck.
  • masaki777masaki777 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hello all,

I hope that this helps:
    My machine is on a network, via a wireless router. The network gets internet through a regular DSL gateway.

Two days ago I had couldn't access the patch server or startrekonline.com. I tried the following solutions to no avail:

1. Restarted everything
    2. Ran Windows restore to the previous day
    3. Changed my computer's IP
    4. Reinstalled the game

Then I changed my routers IP:

Untitled.gif

The game has worked for me ever since.
    I don't know if this answer is applicable in your case, or even that it solved my problem. I have heard that the game client has a history of spontaneously working and not working.

Good luck.

Thats the thing...you shouldn't have to change your IP...this is such ****. <.< But still...I tried it...and nothing...nothing at all.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    And this TRIBBLE is still happening to people, and there is STILL no answer or any fix from Cryptic.

Three months later!
  • culatoriculatori Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    irbisgreif wrote: »
    Strange problem (and annoying it is).

Anyone care to compare tracerts for the problem?

I get the following: (early hops cut out for personal privacy reasons)

What I'm seeing implies that the problem is with Cogent Communications, who are probably the ISP for STO. What do other people see in route traces?

UPDATE: A friend who can connect traced it for me and got:

So, looking at the hop that he can make that I can't, it's something to do with: http://whois.domaintools.com/38.111.40.114 and te3-4.ccr01.bos06.atlas.cogentco.com.

Think someone messed up a routing table at cryptic? Or is it just some of us being filtered for some strange reason?

Same here, bos06.atlas.cogentco.com is the last step. Another couple of people from my ISP are in the same boat.

4 21 ms 8 ms 9 ms brnt-bb-1a-ae10-0.network.virginmedia.net [81.96.0.145]
    5 9 ms 9 ms 9 ms brnt-bb-1b-ae0-0.network.virginmedia.net [213.105.174.226]
    6 10 ms 10 ms 9 ms popl-bb-1a-as7-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.255.81.237]
    7 15 ms 9 ms 9 ms popl-tmr-1-ae4-0.network.virginmedia.net [213.105.159.2]
    8 17 ms 17 ms 25 ms amst-ic-1-as0-0.network.virginmedia.net [213.105.175.6]
    9 26 ms 16 ms 18 ms te0-7-0-10.ccr21.ams04.atlas.cogentco.com [130.117.15.5]
    10 40 ms 17 ms 17 ms te0-0-0-7.mpd22.ams03.atlas.cogentco.com [130.117.49.9]
    11 45 ms 28 ms 29 ms te0-4-0-7.ccr21.lpl01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.58.66]
    12 94 ms 95 ms 92 ms te0-3-0-3.ccr22.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.1.157]
    13 109 ms 222 ms 162 ms te3-4.ccr01.bos06.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.46.134]
    14 * * * Request timed out.
    15 * * * Request timed out.

Cogent are a high level network supplier and don't deal with us mere mortals, so someone at Cryptic needs to phone up Cogent and get them to sort it out.

PS : What's really fun is when Cogent network goes boom when I'm starting an STF, so when I do get back in I'm hit with the deadbeat leavers penalty. Thanks Cryptic.
  • belldandy01belldandy01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well changing IP addresses is good and all but being as I don't run my internet connection(my room mates do) so I can't do this , and changing settings would be good too but I'm unable to connect with the Cryptic Autopatcher launcher so I'm screwed royally. I've been playing since January and when we all had that issue a few weeks ago where nobody could get on I've had issues with my Launcher ever since today has been the worst it's ever been. I mean first got on my Laptop at about 10am (East Coast time) and tried to log on, couldn't connect, over the course of about 4 hours I tried connecting over and over, restarted my computer waited 10 minutes tried again. I tried connected on and off until about 1:36pm(east coast time) went to work came back about 11:30 and have tried off and on and still almost 12 hours after I left for work have been unable to get to the launcher.
  • cyberdinesscyberdiness Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I am having the same problem. ITs been dead for a while and PWE Support has completely ignored me.
  • annekavannekav Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ok I really annoyed. Downloaded game couple of days ago. went to log in today to get second days worth of gameplay in and getting the launcher update error. been through all you posts and nothing that I can do has helped.
    What is really annoying is that my other half is sat on his computer next to me and playing away happily.
  • coldzero51coldzero51 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Wow.. I really should've read this thread first instead of downloading this game twice and not being able to even update it.

This was after not being able to even register at the bloody site. Well, sorry for all your hardships, I'm deleting this piece of TRIBBLE now.
  • nutluck69nutluck69 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Happened before but some other player came up with a fix that worked last time. Now this time it is not working. I am getting sick of jumping thru hopes to try and play this game. After all this time cryptic still as far as I know has not admited there is a issue, let alone try and fix it.

Honestly I'm as just about done, any company that appears to be ignoring a 58 page thread all about the same problem. All with out even popping in once and saying, yes we are aware of the problem and are working on it, anything. Obviously they are not that concern with keeping players. I will give it till next Friday, then I am done and will stop spending money on this "f2p" game.
  • tribble5tribble5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It's Thurs 22nd November 2012 and I've been trying to login to STO all day and have been since Tuesday evening after latest patch and windows 7 updates were installed.

Launcher update window comes up with trying to connect and times out at the 2nd attempt.

Have tried everything suggested in this thread excluding throwing my laptop out of a window and seeing if it returns via a wormhole with the answer to this problem.

Have sent ticket to cryptic in the hope I won't get told to stick my head up my TRIBBLE and pretend I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Don't know what else to do and am getting fed up.
  • thebigd94thebigd94 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i know i'm in the UK and since the last update i've been having the same problems
  • tribble5tribble5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    OK, its now Friday 23rd November 2012, I'm in the UK and have been having the Launcher update window hanging at attempt 2 to load the launcher main window.

From what I can glean from all of the posts here is this...

It's nothing to do with client side software installed. I make this assumption based on the fact that none of us have done anything to change our installs or setups.

I think it is more to do with the fact that at some stage we have all been assigned IPs that have at some stage in the past been banned because of spamming or viruses on our systems. And because of the way the Cogenta systems work, these banned IPs are being filtered out and not allowed into the Cryptic servers.

All I can suggest is that we try virus scanning our systems to make them clean and leaving modems, routers and PCs/laptops turned off for at least 8 hours in the hope that when they are turned on again a new IP and hopefully a clean IP is assigned.
  • theinquisitorketheinquisitorke Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My game has been crashing out the all day long and disconnecting at randomly.
  • scout1701scout1701 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    IS CRYPTIC DOING ANYTHING TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM :mad:
  • belldandy01belldandy01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I hope it's not an IP issue cause this IP I'm using hasn't changed in 10 years as far as I know, and if they are randomly filtering out IPs (the company running the servers) then they need to check themselves, cause I for one have never spammed, and my Anti-Virus is up to date so as far as I know, no worm has gotten in and decided to spam the heck out of STO.

Oh one thing to add I was able to play from 11:30pm(East Coast Time) through about 2:18am(East Coast Time). I logged on this morning about 9:30am(East Coast Time) and now a little after 10am I get disconnected and now I am again having Launcher issues. Cryptic/Perfect World, and or whoever runs your servers get your heads out your behinds and get this issue fixed, it has become quite an inconvenience and starting to feel like my position as a Customer doesn't mean one thing to you at all.

I am at the moment back on the game, but for how long I'm not sure. The issue is going to remain in the back of my mind while I'm on cause I never know when I could be disconnected and not able to return for a while.
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    everything was working fine til a few hours ago.

lanucher checks latest version and say patching and nothing happens it just freezes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • annekavannekav Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ok, back on the game again now. Tried to load launcher to prove Other Half wrong about it working and surprise surprise i was able to get back into the game. Didn't do anything it just started working again ok. Will see how long it lasts for
  • dranzer144dranzer144 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    some possible fix for steam users : force verified the game catch files using steam.
    it will find that some files are missing and will re-download them (3-4 gig download, relaxes it downloads nothing new, just rewriting the corrupted files).
    after it will finish you MIGHT mange to lunch the game (worked for me, but i haven't tried moving my ship or entering any STF and fleet actions so maybe it wont work).

after you log out, chances are that you will get the error again, if so, repeat.

how to do it? / TLDR
    right click on STO in your steam library -> "view downloadable contact" -> "local files" tab -> "verify integrity of game catch..."
  • swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    the launcher patch fails, it is not possible to log in
  • belgarion78belgarion78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dranzer144 wrote: »
    some possible fix for steam users : force verified the game catch files using steam.
    it will find that some files are missing and will re-download them (3-4 gig download, relaxes it downloads nothing new, just rewriting the corrupted files).
    after it will finish you MIGHT mange to lunch the game (worked for me, but i haven't tried moving my ship or entering any STF and fleet actions so maybe it wont work).

after you log out, chances are that you will get the error again, if so, repeat.

how to do it? / TLDR
    right click on STO in your steam library -> "view downloadable contact" -> "local files" tab -> "verify integrity of game catch..."

Tried this and still no good. Keep getting disconnected after about 10 seconds - 2 minutes of game play. Only success I've had is bouncing between the proxy servers. EU got me 5 minutes with no trouble until it started DCing me.
  • dranzer144dranzer144 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Tried this and still no good. Keep getting disconnected after about 10 seconds - 2 minutes of game play. Only success I've had is bouncing between the proxy servers. EU got me 5 minutes with no trouble until it started DCing me.

this could fix the launcher it self not working
    not the DC sadly
  • swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    any fixes for players not using steam?
  • lunamariacelestlunamariacelest Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    couldn't login since nov 20th, it always fails as the launcher goes for the 2nd attempt.
  • psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I logged in yesterday to do the Tour event ~13 hours ago but it was solid lag ingame so I gave up. Trying to log on now for 15 minutes and not even getting to the character screen.

...and it finally works after disabling the proxy I enabled yesterday to try play the game then.