What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Request: Working Launcher Nov 21 2012

Comments

• Options
    starstalker007starstalker007 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm from South Africa and also cannot log in....just hate this patch errors...
  • Options
    goodoleboy01goodoleboy01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've got the exact same error as FauxGrey... this has happened to me several times over the last year. Cryptic, when you put out a patch, please also post a 100% clean, working copy of the launcher so we can download that if unable to patch. It wouldn't be that hard to do and would hopefully fix this situation.
  • Options
    dnbndubdnbndub Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Im in Spain, same problem. I logged in this morning no issues, logged out, minimized the client and put my PC to sleep. Now, i come back from work, logged in, version mismatch and now cant update.

I dont think i'll bother uninstall/reinstall etc as it hasnt worked for the other posters here. It cant be a problem with ISPs because we posters are from well over 10 diff ISPs and all have the same issue. I read it could be a IP address problem. Going to unplug router for 5 mins and reset PC. Doubt it will fix anything.

Im sorry to hear that some people are playing fine. If its not a global problem the devs are less likely to fix it any time soon.
  • Options
    fauxgreyfauxgrey Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm from South Africa and also cannot log in....just hate this patch errors...

Are you using MTN as your ISP?
    I don't think it matters as all South-African traffic is linked through the same hub anyway.

I've just read that they had the same problem earlier this year with one of the global network hubs being unable to send traffic to Cryptic, resulting in a percentage of people being unable to connect.

But that can't be the case, as ping and traceroute works perfectly.

I guess we just wait this one out until it's fixed, due to a lack of a solution.

Edit: Just found this: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=6729411&postcount=303

Why don't they mention these posts on the home page instead of only having the season blogs?
    Only a fool seeks meaning from a bowl of oatmeal.
  • Options
    balldrick23balldrick23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    th3xr34p3r wrote: »
    Just updated the exe in the rar and updated the link.

Ty the exe fixed my game !! its updating now which it didn't do b4.

I'm from south africa too
  • Options
    khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    fauxgrey wrote: »
    I am having the launcher problem, the update block that appears at the top left when you first open the launcher fails upon:
    "Tried connecting 2 times."
    "The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function."

To make sure the automated response person understands this... I cannot open the launcher to verify files.

My logfile shows as everyone's does:

121121 19:16:45 4 [1] ESC : The patchclientlib is returning error code : 33\nThe patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function
    121121 19:16:45 5 [1]: Launcher PCL Error The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function

I can confirm that I can ping and do traceroute to the update servers. (Been following instructions from old threads all day.) And I have replaced my launcher with the one available in that updated thread for download, still no effect. I still cannot connect.

I am not in a "restricted country" as I reside in South-Africa and I've been playing the game for quite some time now, but this morning, poof, cannot connect.

I have done everything suggested in threads, including uninstalling the game, cleaning registry and temp files, and reinstalling. Still the problem remains.

Cryptic, my game was working fine when I opened it yesterday, my computer had never even been shut down between me closing and opening the game again. The problem resides somewhere within your (terribly laggy) servers.

If it helps, my IP address resides in the 41.122.142.XX range.

I'll be catching up on some Call of duty while my post receives another automated and unhelpful response.

Thanks.
    ~Faux_Grey

Edit: This started before the shard maintenance earlier today.

This is exactly my problem, and my guess is that whoever has this problem, are the ones still unable to connect to the game.

Is there a way to disable patchclientlib and patchclient? This seems to be locking up the launcher, but I cannot find any files named as such in my STO folder.

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    This just occured to me while attempting a few more ideas. Those who are getting the patchclient error, are you using Windows XP?

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

• Options
    skyyanfliskyyanfli Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    someone who is able to log into the game please upload the star trek online.exe
  • Options
    kucingkakuhkucingkakuh Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I know what this game really need, a brand new and more competent technical support!!!! :D
  • Options
    jackson900pwejackson900pwe Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Fix the damn patch server! I can't patch this game and play it if the launcher won't update and launch! I need and want an updated and working launcher. This is ridiculous. :mad:
  • Options
    maverix86maverix86 Member Posts: 11
    edited November 2012
    Still having this issue...I'm just curious,is it the cryptic patch server's fault,launcher's fault or the ISP's fault?

It happened a few times for me,it was solved by using a new launcher.
    ===
    Please for the one who can patch/have a good launcher...please upload it for us...:)
  • Options
    fauxgreyfauxgrey Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It's not limited to OS, as I am using winDOHs 7, 32 Bit.

The launcher still wont launch, even though it has been reported that (the people who CAN get into the game.) their games aren't disconnecting them anymore. So the people who can start the game are happy.

I've tried bypassing the launcher and just running the gameclient, "connection to login server timeout."

Getting the updated launc.... Nevermind, as I type this, my launcher opened.

Nothing has changed, I'm still using my old launcher, my guess is that whatever network block was in effect has been removed. Game now patching after shard maintenance, we'll see how this goes on my 32k connection.
    Only a fool seeks meaning from a bowl of oatmeal.
  • Options
    andromedarebelandromedarebel Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    fauxgrey wrote: »
    I am having the launcher problem, the update block that appears at the top left when you first open the launcher fails upon:
    "Tried connecting 2 times."
    "The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function."

To make sure the automated response person understands this... I cannot open the launcher to verify files.

My logfile shows as everyone's does:

121121 19:16:45 4 [1] ESC : The patchclientlib is returning error code : 33\nThe patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function
    121121 19:16:45 5 [1]: Launcher PCL Error The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function

I can confirm that I can ping and do traceroute to the update servers. (Been following instructions from old threads all day.) And I have replaced my launcher with the one available in that updated thread for download, still no effect. I still cannot connect.

I am not in a "restricted country" as I reside in South-Africa and I've been playing the game for quite some time now, but this morning, poof, cannot connect.

I have done everything suggested in threads, including uninstalling the game, cleaning registry and temp files, and reinstalling. Still the problem remains.

Cryptic, my game was working fine when I opened it yesterday, my computer had never even been shut down between me closing and opening the game again. The problem resides somewhere within your (terribly laggy) servers.

If it helps, my IP address resides in the 41.122.142.XX range.

I'll be catching up on some Call of duty while my post receives another automated and unhelpful response.

Thanks.
    ~Faux_Grey

Edit: This started before the shard maintenance earlier today.

Same thing here, started late last night, and its 5:41pm now. My buddy, a veteran of over 4 years, says it is NOT the launcher, it always does this when a new season is released and it will be fixed, just wait for them to do so, most likely monday as tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I'm so livid words cannot explain...if they always have this problem...figure out a way to end it already!
    Xavier Corvin: Human/Vulcan Medical Doctor
    Fleet: Military Assault Command Operations Academy
    \\//_ <(-_-)> _\\//
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I finally have passed through the issue.:)
    ===
    For the one who still got the issue,here's the newest launcher 2012.11.8.427.I hope this will fix your problems.:)

http://www.mediafire.com/?26mn4m6jca9myia
  • Options
    eskiss766eskiss766 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    maverix86 wrote: »
    ===
    For the one who still got the issue,here's the newest launcher 2012.11.8.427.I hope this will fix your problems.:)

Working Like A Bauussss...Thanks guys :)
  • Options
    mridenticalmridentical Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    khayuung wrote: »
    This just occured to me while attempting a few more ideas. Those who are getting the patchclient error, are you using Windows XP?

Seven here. I opened up my firewall while the "Updating the Launcher" thing was up and it IS actually downloading something but it gets to a certain point and stops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    ===

Giving it a shot as we speak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Mate that worked! You're a hero!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Mate that worked! You're a hero!

Hope it can help the others too...Cheers:)
  • Options
    kucingkakuhkucingkakuh Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Mave, you're man!!! How bout working as Crypt Technical Support? You solve the problem much faster than them :)
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Mave, you're man!!! How bout working as Crypt Technical Support? You solve the problem much faster than them :)

Lol...Maybe I'll do that...if they open a branch office in Indonesia...:D
  • Options
    seekerkorhilseekerkorhil Member Posts: 472
    edited November 2012
    ===

Thanks so much for this fix. Look me up in game i'll give u something for ur trouble. @korhil.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Thanks so much for this fix. Look me up in game i'll give u something for ur trouble. @korhil.

No need mate,I'm just happy that you can play the game again. I'm just happy to help.:)
  • Options
    bluejacketbluejacket Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hope it can help the others to...Cheers:)

Thank you very much mave:) Bravo Zulu to you.:)
  • Options
    shimatrekshimatrek Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    No need mate,I'm just happy that you can play the game again. I'm just happy to help.:)

Work for me too :)

You should be rewarded somehow :cool:
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Whiskey tango foxtrot that actually worked!!

Finally free of this tyken rift. Thanks! :D

• Options
    skyyanfliskyyanfli Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Will downloading the latest launcher fix my problem of crashing after I hit engage, and get to the starfleet logo screen? I'm in worse than a virtual tyken's rift, I'm caught in a field of tholian webs that collapse every time I try to launch the game. :(
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    belldandy01belldandy01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I am downloading the new Launcher and installing as I am writing this post I hope this works.

Downloaded the Launcher installer from the MediaFire Link and it didn't work at all. I still can't connect to STO frick what is going on with the servers.
  • Options
    crisscross919crisscross919 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thank you maverix86! Worked like a charm and am playing again. You're awesome!