Install Arc
Options

Request: Working Launcher Nov 21 2012

13»

Comments

• Options
    goodoleboy01goodoleboy01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    maverix86, You, Sir, Are the dogs bollocks and I thank you for your assistance!!!
  • Options
    dixoniumdixonium Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    voporak wrote: »
    Will downloading the latest launcher fix my problem of crashing after I hit engage, and get to the starfleet logo screen? I'm in worse than a virtual tyken's rift, I'm caught in a field of tholian webs that collapse every time I try to launch the game. :(

I'm in the same situation, and I'm trying everything and anything to get past it. No go.
  • Options
    zedvictorzedvictor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Giving it a shot as we speak
    After using STO successfully for several days, I had the same problem with the launcher reporting "Unable to establish connection to Patch Server", and I too could see that data was downloading, yhis was at my maximum internet bandwidth (which is 0.5 mb).

After browsing the forums I saw a solution that fixed it for me. It looks as if there is a default 60 second timeout and if the download hasn't finished in 60 seconds it reports the error and fails.

Changing the target on the short cut to set a different timeout fixed the problem, and the patch downloaded. The amended line for the target is:
    "C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online.exe" -autopatchtimeout 1000

I think the paramater is in seconds i.e. 1000 seconds. The patch then downloaded in 65 seconds at my very poor broadband speed. So if you have a low connection speed then add the parameter - or get a faster connection. I did both - I now have an 18 mb broadband speed and don't have the problem :)
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    patching .............

cryptic fix this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jontronajontrona Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    thank you maverix86... thanks to everyone for not giving up...
  • Options
    thomasthewolf80thomasthewolf80 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yeah im having the same problem this will be my 5th time having to hunt for a new launcher for the game i havent found one yet but if anyone knows of a new one being posted somewhere please let me know at thomasthewolf@live.com