test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Request: Working Launcher Nov 21 2012

Looking for new startrekonine.exe file as a potential fix for patcher error.

Thank you.

William@chandlerashari
Post edited by chandlerashari on

Comments

• mridenticalmridentical Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Same here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ragestroke008ragestroke008 Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I thought to bypass the launcher by activating the gameclient.exe directly. Sure do wish I could say it worked, but it had a similar error message.

You can download a new(?) launcher from here;
    http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=4341

But it is a couple of months old. I tried, didn't work, but you might enjoy better luck.
    Time is a funny thing; There is always too much of it. Except when you need it the most, then there is never enough.
    edited November 2012
    Nah it won't work, I've tried a couple of oldies too. I really wish PW would fix the issue! It is such a simple problem!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My patcher just died too, and they aren't allowing us to directly launch the game client.

Seriously Devs, why the hell did you shut off game client login? I'd gladly launch the launcher if I could, but when the launcher is one of the biggest weaknesses in your programming tacked on by Chinese Ferengis, I really wish there was a back-up.

I'm getting these error messages:

121121 10:35:57 2 [1] ESC : The patchclientlib is internally recording error code : 33\nThe patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function - No response for some command in autoupdate state
    121121 10:35:57 4 [1] ESC : The patchclientlib is returning error code : 33\nThe patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function
    121121 10:35:57 5 [1]: Launcher PCL Error The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function
    121121 10:42:20 2 [1] ESC : The patchclientlib is internally recording error code : 33\nThe patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function - No response for some command in autoupdate state
    121121 10:42:20 4 [1] ESC : The patchclientlib is returning error code : 33\nThe patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function
    121121 10:42:20 5 [1]: Launcher PCL Error The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function

Logged it alright this morning, then since lunch its been offline without reason.

Need help, fast!

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
    edited November 2012
    khayuung wrote: »
    but when the launcher is one of the biggest weaknesses in your programming tacked on by Chinese Ferengis

Gold! And concurrence!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maverix86maverix86 Member Posts: 11
    edited November 2012
    It happens to me too...I played it in the morning (I'm in South East Asia),now in the afternoon the launcher didn't work.:(

Need someone who would kindly enough to upload their working launcher for all of us who have this annoying problem...:)
    edited November 2012
    Quick question: Are everyone in this thread from Australia/NZ?

If so... I think someone accidentally banned all of us from the game. I've just re-installed the client afresh, using Steam, and still the same message appears.

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

• th3xr34p3rth3xr34p3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have the latest launcher backup on my share: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3oh1adrf533ip0h/Star%20Trek%20Online.rar

I use winrar to zip my files when sharing. If this one is not working I will update the copy and relink it.
    [SIGPIC]Click to visit Subspace-Radio[/SIGPIC]
    Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
    The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
  • chandlerasharichandlerashari Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    this is weird my gf downloaded your thing and is on new romulus right now, i still get the same error message...

whats happening?

we're both in Indonesia btw.:mad::mad::mad:
    edited November 2012
    Same here.
    th3xr34p3r wrote: »
    I have the latest launcher backup on my share: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3oh1adrf533ip0h/Star%20Trek%20Online.rar

I use winrar to zip my files when sharing. If this one is not working I will update the copy and relink it.

No,it's not working...but thanks anyway.
    ===
    We need the newer one...Would you upload it for us:)

If so... I think someone accidentally banned all of us from the game. I've just re-installed the client afresh, using Steam, and still the same message appears.

No I'm above your country,Indonesia...
    edited November 2012
    maverix86 wrote: »
    ===

mee too haha, jakarta, gf in bandung (she is playing as i post)
    edited November 2012

Just used it and yeah not working either.

Okay, I shall rephrase: someone banned the whole of the Oceanic sector on his way out of the office. :/

Come on, restore our connection before Black Friday! We don't want to be locked out of our game for the long weekend!!!

edited November 2012
    mee too haha, jakarta, gf in bandung (she is playing as i post)

lol...I'm in Tangerang... Why don't you ask your gf to upload the launcher for us...:D
    edited November 2012
    maverix86 wrote: »
    ===

Just updated the exe in the rar and updated the link.
    Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
    The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
    edited November 2012
    Just used it and yeah not working either.

Okay, I shall rephrase: someone banned the whole of the Oceanic sector on his way out of the office. :/

Come on, restore our connection before Black Friday! We don't want to be locked out of our game for the long weekend!!!

Can't be as I'm in Sydney, Australia and I just logged in fine have not had any issue since beta thou.
    edited November 2012
    Can't be as I'm in Sydney, Australia and I just logged in fine have not had any issue since beta thou.

Nope,it's not working...still no luck for me...Maybe khayuung is right,maybe it's the server side glitch/bug.Thanks for your efforts man.:)

I'll wait until the maintenance finish,maybe they will fix this issue
    edited November 2012

Bummer.

But at least we know its not the launcher then, cos i've just used your updated launcher and its still errored.

edited November 2012

Australian here
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    maint starts in bout 3hours so if your having issues after that, might be between your isp and the servers isp.
    edited November 2012
    I thought maint--

...oh. Maint came early this week.

Heres to hoping its just because of maintenance then.

edited November 2012
    And yes, thanks for the effort but I can verify that the pasted exe solution doesn't work.

Hopefully it will resolve itself overnight!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    I thought maint--

...oh. Maint came early this week.

Heres to hoping its just because of maintenance then.

lol...you don't know about the maintenance?:D
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=456931
    edited November 2012
    Yeah we know, this issue started about 7 hours before the downtime was supposed to start.
    Time is a funny thing; There is always too much of it. Except when you need it the most, then there is never enough.
    edited November 2012
    ok i found a workaround...

I have a Tablet which has another isp on it...

I used it and it works! im in game now!

Maybe its a IP adress thing? Any ideas?

FOr the indonesian on this board, I was using SPeedy, my tab is XL. (they're ISPs)

Edit! TWIST! I switched back to my original ISP and it also works again?

Can someone in IT explain what is causing this?
    edited November 2012
    Just updated the exe in the rar and updated the link.

Still no joy. Thanks for trying tho. Faster response than the official.

Has to be something on their end, something is triggering early and sending out that some people's games need to start updating, but the actual update isn't available yet.
    edited November 2012
    ok i found a workaround...

I have a Tablet which has another isp on it...

I used it and it works! im in game now!

Maybe its a IP adress thing? Any ideas?

FOr the indonesian on this board, I was using SPeedy, my tab is XL. (they're ISPs)

Lucky for you...:)
    ===
    I'm using a Flexinet unlimited connection...I don't have other connection I'll wait until the maintenance finish....:(
  • bluejacketbluejacket Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I live in Santee South Carolina. And mine stopped working yesterday evening. It happened when I was patching the game and it just crashed. I rebooted then tried the launcher and it refused to work from that point forward. Well at least its good to know I am not the only one having the same problem. I hope it gets fixed soon.:(
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Welcome to club, Khayuung. The club of people who can't play the game for whatever reason. Here's to hoping this patch fixed whatever they broke.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • sirpatstewartsirpatstewart Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hey guys,

I've wondered if I've got the same problem as you: after the patch had been downloaded, I got a message "Error 36: A file was locked that could not be open [sic] for writing." It seems to be connected with a "nvtt.dll".

Anyway, I can't log in to the game :-(
  • fauxgreyfauxgrey Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I am having the launcher problem, the update block that appears at the top left when you first open the launcher fails upon:
    "Tried connecting 2 times."
    "The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function."

To make sure the automated response person understands this... I cannot open the launcher to verify files.

My logfile shows as everyone's does:

121121 19:16:45 4 [1] ESC : The patchclientlib is returning error code : 33\nThe patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function
    121121 19:16:45 5 [1]: Launcher PCL Error The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function

I can confirm that I can ping and do traceroute to the update servers. (Been following instructions from old threads all day.) And I have replaced my launcher with the one available in that updated thread for download, still no effect. I still cannot connect.

I am not in a "restricted country" as I reside in South-Africa and I've been playing the game for quite some time now, but this morning, poof, cannot connect.

I have done everything suggested in threads, including uninstalling the game, cleaning registry and temp files, and reinstalling. Still the problem remains.

Cryptic, my game was working fine when I opened it yesterday, my computer had never even been shut down between me closing and opening the game again. The problem resides somewhere within your (terribly laggy) servers.

If it helps, my IP address resides in the 41.122.142.XX range.

I'll be catching up on some Call of duty while my post receives another automated and unhelpful response.

Thanks.
    ~Faux_Grey

Edit: This started before the shard maintenance earlier today.
    Only a fool seeks meaning from a bowl of oatmeal.