Install Arc
Options

Just unlocked tier 1 and wow.

Comments

• Options
    sirsrisirsri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    avarseir wrote: »
    For a new player they might want to get the Mk X ground gear first for the insta-modulate.

Right, but then they could skip the MK xi.

The MK XI set is now for people who have 2 pc of mk xi leftover and need one more to fill out their set, and that's it. Which is fine.
  • Options
    areikou#8990 areikou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Dumbest.System.Ever.

I'm bored, I think I'll go watch static stars in sector space.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Unrepentant] Lapo@overlapo: the problem with space STF
    is that you can't properly teabag your defeated opponent

Unrepentant: Home of the Rainbow Warrior and the Rainbow Brigade.
  • Options
    sirsrisirsri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    joenatl wrote: »
    I have to agree, there is really nothing for me before Tier 5 that I want/need. So I feel like all those months of STF are gone. And I think more and more people will be going for ISE or KAGE just to get the easy marks and ignore the others.

Also the passive's and not being allowed to respect, or starting the wrong project is a crock. Maybe do a penalty for choosing the wrong project. Or maybe a project to change the trait. It should not be permanent.

Agreed, the big mistake here is the much delayed rewards. Even if the only thing I want is dilithium I'm basically doing missions for dilithium I won't be able to claim until the end of january. (at least not converting marks into dilithium) Which is just nonsense. There's no reason to do any ESTFS other than for the bare minimum needed to unlock the next tiers.

When people start hitting tier 3 it's going to get ugly in pug STFs. Most of us are going to open our crate and just not do ESTF's until we run out of marks unless the loot makes them worthwhile.

The wrong project thing, and permanent passives is just bad design.
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm not going to claim that I'm in love with everything having to do with the Rep system, but I don't fully agree with the complaint about 40 hour projects.

If that was in-game time, I'd be really upset. But it's real-time. Less than 2 days. It's not a heck of a lot different from the starbase projects in that respect. Sure it could be shorter, but anybody paying attention to what the devs were saying about it knew that they were time-gating it just like they time-gate the starbases. They don't want people with a ton of money and in-game resources throwing stuff at it and completing it in a month.

It's meant to be a long-term kind of thing that hooks people into coming back, not a "gotta grind it now" thing.

Hopefully Cryptic will listen to the feedback and scale the time back a little (among other things). But I don't expect those projects to take less than a day to complete and I doubt Cryptic will even go that far.

That said, I get the frustration from STF'rs who don't want to grind STF's all over again to get the gear. The grind may turn out to be less for new players in the long run, but you guys are stuck with it and I feel for you.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    vestereng wrote: »
    Everyone who says he farmed for 5 months without a drop is a flat out liar.

Nope, they're not - had a Fleetmate who after 600 runs (he stopped counting at that point) got no Omega or MACO proto tech drops. It was truly sad.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    again could have up the drop rate but that would have been to easy and me wonders if thes ppl who went 5 so called months with not a thing if they where only able to to put a hour of stfs a day a week a month so on makes you think
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Doesn't it take 2 days for starbase projects? Or something similar? IMO, personal rep missions should be much shorter than starbase missions, doesn't make sense that they are the same length, they should be at least half the length of starbase projects IMO.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Doesn't it take 2 days for starbase projects? Or something similar? IMO, personal rep missions should be much shorter than starbase missions, doesn't make sense that they are the same length, they should be at least half the length of starbase projects IMO.

i say geting rep should not be on a time limit you should get rep for geting them rocks killing them bugs or doing any mission that has to do with NR or stf now im not saying it should let us get to T5 in a week but should not take months as i said ones this rep system makes World of War-craft rep system look one less grindy and thats saying something in its self right there and also takes less time to get max
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    felixzwrathfelixzwrath Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Time Gating TRIBBLE is freaking stupid, if i want to spend my free time grinding marks and items to advance faster then someone else, that's my time spent how i want to spend it, others may chose to spend there time in a different way. The completion times need to go, you acquire the needed items it should complete in 30 seconds. This system was very poorly thought out and seems to be thrown together in a hurry.
  • Options
    rikwesselsrikwessels Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    bluegeek wrote: »
    I'm not going to claim that I'm in love with everything having to do with the Rep system, but I don't fully agree with the complaint about 40 hour projects.

If that was in-game time, I'd be really upset. But it's real-time. Less than 2 days. It's not a heck of a lot different from the starbase projects in that respect. Sure it could be shorter, but anybody paying attention to what the devs were saying about it knew that they were time-gating it just like they time-gate the starbases. They don't want people with a ton of money and in-game resources throwing stuff at it and completing it in a month.

It's meant to be a long-term kind of thing that hooks people into coming back, not a "gotta grind it now" thing.

Hopefully Cryptic will listen to the feedback and scale the time back a little (among other things). But I don't expect those projects to take less than a day to complete and I doubt Cryptic will even go that far.

That said, I get the frustration from STF'rs who don't want to grind STF's all over again to get the gear. The grind may turn out to be less for new players in the long run, but you guys are stuck with it and I feel for you.

The problem isn't the countdown timer's length . It's the fact that countdown is there for everything you do ( every project and unlock item ) .What's the point of a store then ? It's an artificial mechanism to slow down progression,just like the refinement cap and the huge amount of dilithium sinks are . It's unimaginative design and shows a distinct lack of ideas. Apparently they put in this slowing mechanism to make sure folks won't become bored due to lack of content ,but it would be more prudent to make sure that doesn't happen by producing more content .The fact they put this into the game shows they have no plans whatsoever to speed up additional content-release .
  • Options
    thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    bluegeek wrote: »
    It's meant to be a long-term kind] of thing that hooks people into coming back, not a "gotta grind it now" thing.

Thus far I've had a number of fleet members leave because of changes, I myself have had the worst weekend in the game since I started (admittedly I've only been here since season 6). For player like me who is usually quite casual, this is a killer. Weekends are when I have free time to play. I now come on line on the weekends queue up stuff, play 1 STF or two (And btw they way the STF community has died a death) and then really apart from a few other PVE bits and bobs thats really it, it all feels like a choir to be honest.

The STF community and the team play was the fun part of the game for me the thing that counteracted the grind, which I have never really liked all that much. Now that's gone and uncertain to ever return, especially for the ground aspect.

From what I read and see in-game instead of hooking people into coming back it's turned them off. We log in do our choirs to progress then chat on one of the chans for a bit then leave. Perhaps it's different in larger fleets, but for smaller fleets it's a death-knell and it won't be long before players will move on and join larger fleets.

Overall I think for a lot of us it's had the opposite effect of what was supposedly intended.

I understand PW wants PWE and Cryptic to turn ever increasing profits and that is only an normal and fair expectation of growing a business. But there is a fine line between increasing profits and retaining value for customers and increasing profits and destroying the precieved value of the item for customers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    doubleohninedoubleohnine Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    rikwessels wrote: »
    The fact they put this into the game shows they have no plans whatsoever to speed up additional content-release .

Well we wouldnt want to take away the time the STO devs are loaned to the Neverwinter team during the week.....
    STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
    Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Crusader
  • Options
    ungratefuldead88ungratefuldead88 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I feel like there's way too much complaining about 99% of things in this game (I'm perfectly find with PW running, you know, a business) but I do agree with those who find this new rep system to be off-puttingly long and the project unlocks to be pretty poorly balanced on top of that (why would I be willing to take days out of the long slog of the repeatable rep projects to unlock Mark X gear (or ridiculously priced consumables?) as opposed to just waiting until I finally reach the higher tiers? It doesn't make sense to add new content with no incentive to actually use it.

One thing I'm wondering though - do we definitely know (from Tribble players, I guess) that it will really take 50-whatever days to complete the reputation tiers? It does seem within the realm of possibility that there could be different reputation projects in T2 and beyond besides the two repeatables we've seen at T0 and T1. Just a thought.
  • Options
    crunch2600crunch2600 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The system itself is fine, it's just a matter of balance. These are values that don't take too much work to change, as opposed to redesigning the system. But, changing them also changes the pace and type of game Cryptic wants to make. This would ideally be an open discussion with Cryptic.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I feel like there's way too much complaining about 99% of things in this game (I'm perfectly find with PW running, you know, a business)

Well, if 99% of things are broken/suck...

PWE is in the entertainment business. Are they supplying that as well as they could be?
    I think not. Happy customers spend more money. Frustrated customers leave.

The Star Trek IP is the reason most players came, and why they have put up with the TRIBBLE. But that will only outweigh the frustration for so long. Then STO goes away.

Helpful hint: If you ever see a flood of REALLY good/over-powered Z-store items, save your money! Because the end of STO is near and PWE is trying to squeeze that last bit of money out of you before shutting it down.
  • Options
    pointedearspointedears Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    lets face it theres a lot of good games out right now such as GW2, Planetside2, BF3, MOHW and others that you do quesiton why waste your time on this game anymore ?

Ive seen all season launches (having been around since day 1) and season 7 is the most lackluster season launch yet. Thats not to take away from the good work thats been done, but its overshadowed by the greed and corruption of PWE/Cryptic and you quesiton how long this game can keep going. The only reason I will keep coming back to this game is in game friends as for without them Id have no hesitation moving on. Lets face it if ths game didnt have the star trek IP would you still continue to throw money at it ? ... didnt think so.

Its been a good ride and a great journey but unless DStahl swallows his pride and his arrogance then no changes are gonna be made because no matter how much constructive criticism there is, it never gets listened to or implemented. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well, if 99% of things are broken/suck...

PWE is in the entertainment business. Are they supplying that as well as they could be?
    I think not. Happy customers spend more money. Frustrated customers leave.

The Star Trek IP is the reason most players came, and why they have put up with the TRIBBLE. But that will only outweigh the frustration for so long. Then STO goes away.

Helpful hint: If you ever see a flood of REALLY good/over-powered Z-store items, save your money! Because the end of STO is near and PWE is trying to squeeze that last bit of money out of you before shutting it down.

STO is always near the end. lol :rolleyes:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    STO is always near the end. lol :rolleyes:

like sto is always doing great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    daan2006 wrote: »
    like sto is always doing great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Nope STO is not doing great, it's doing fine. :P
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Z-Store Buff Respec Please?

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Nope STO is not doing great, it's doing fine. :P

all i will say on that is this :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    tali9999tali9999 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I agree 100% anything is better then the old luck system that was a screwed up mess from the beginning i have 8 toons and constantly running stfs on all of them and only got the MK XII set on 1 of them so at least this way we have a goal to work twords, sorry for those of you who where lucky and got them right away but it wasnt fair to us unlucky peeps

You do realize sir that with the OLD SYSTEM, simply running STF was giving you enough EDC to convert into Mk X or even Mk XI Elite gear pretty fast and with NO LUCK even involved?

The ONLY gear that could seem out of reach because of bad luck was the MK XII Elite and THAT IS ALL.

Now even the simple Mk X gear costs a FORTUNE to get and TAKES AGES over that.

Yes, keep defending this new system all you like. You will find out by yourself soon enough... I give you one month of grind and then we will talk again...
  • Options
    asches1asches1 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i agree: this unlock-system is ridiculous!!! i get that in the old system, there were ppl who played for 5 months without getting prototypes, but till then you had a ton of dilithium and you had a full equipped MK XI ship. what do you have now? NOTHING! and all my stuff is in the "cute" box which i can only open at TIER 3? seriously? this system is a JOKE!
    Everybody looks right, but you pass left...
  • Options
    xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    tali9999 wrote: »
    You do realize sir that with the OLD SYSTEM, simply running STF was giving you enough EDC to convert into Mk X or even Mk XI Elite gear pretty fast and with NO LUCK even involved?

The ONLY gear that could seem out of reach because of bad luck was the MK XII Elite and THAT IS ALL.

Now even the simple Mk X gear costs a FORTUNE to get and TAKES AGES over that.

Yes, keep defending this new system all you like. You will find out by yourself soon enough... I give you one month of grind and then we will talk again...

Yes, the game handed out gear like candy before, that was a problem. It took people a week or two to completely gear up (minus a stubborn prototype drop or two) and then they lost interest. I would take my captains straight from blue/green Mk X gear right to Purple Mk XII, completely skipping a ton of gear progression. That's not a good design for a f2p game.

I do think the Mk X and XI gear is entirely too expensive and that it shouldn't take up a project slot. You shouldn't have to slow your rep grind down to make gear for yourself. It reminds me of the old learning skills nonsense in Eve. You also shouldn't have to go bankrupt on dilithium for gear your going to turn around and replace a week or two later.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    xantris wrote: »
    Yes, the game handed out gear like candy before, that was a problem. It took people a week or two to completely gear up (minus a stubborn prototype drop or two) and then they lost interest. I would take my captains straight from blue/green Mk X gear right to Purple Mk XII, completely skipping a ton of gear progression. That's not a good design for a f2p game.

I do think the Mk X and XI gear is entirely too expensive and that it shouldn't take up a project slot. You shouldn't have to slow your rep grind down to make gear for yourself. It reminds me of the old learning skills nonsense in Eve. You also shouldn't have to go bankrupt on dilithium for gear your going to turn around and replace a week or two later.

Ahahahahahahha

looooool

Really!?

"They lost interest"

No I and many others did not, I got most my MK XII gear on all 3 alts... I never lost interest, there was always the dilithium rewards and the chance of a Mk XII item dropping. I also wanted to kit out my boffs. What you say is a lie, maybe you lost interest, but that is a personal defect not one with the game or other players. More importantly there was a community of like minded players who helped one another and helped new players. That is gone because the new system has not curve to it all, log in complete an impossible to fail ISE and you're done.

Not only that but for STF's me weren't never truly end-gam I did them to get the gear I needed to help new fleet members and to get Dilthium for advancing the fleet, which is a long drawn out end-game process. Now the fleet is on the back burner and in danger of being disbanded and my interest in the game if this weekend is anything to go by will wain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    mrsinister82mrsinister82 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Myself my lass and other members of our fleet went lifer while it was on offer this time around because we were happy being able to do a few stfs on our multiple characters getting loads of dill maybe the kit if we wanna stuff it on our boffs etc, then off for fleet marks and gettin what our SB required, 3 or 4 hr was all it needed. now its a major assed grind top to bottom. Our fleet has stopped playing just like we have, a real shame because it was alot of fun this game to me my lass and our fleet. We argued to get dill back into stf's but to be honest its made no difference to us, the game is no longer the content we were happy to pay a rather healthy price tag on due to being so happy and entertained by it. Now they can simply go spin on this game. Its doff and go for me just incase it ever improves, but quite frankly after cryptics lifer quickly followed up by a complete game change stunt, i couldnt give a perverbial TRIBBLE if it folds in a year. Not another penny from me or the rest of us. We didnt pay to grind god knows how many hours on 8 different characters each. Thats all they have done basically the death of the alt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Myself my lass and other members of our fleet went lifer while it was on offer this time around because we were happy being able to do a few stfs on our multiple characters getting loads of dill maybe the kit if we wanna stuff it on our boffs etc, then off for fleet marks and gettin what our SB required, 3 or 4 hr was all it needed. now its a major assed grind top to bottom. Our fleet has stopped playing just like we have, a real shame because it was alot of fun this game to me my lass and our fleet. We argued to get dill back into stf's but to be honest its made no difference to us, the game is no longer the content we were happy to pay a rather healthy price tag on due to being so happy and entertained by it. Now they can simply go spin on this game. Its doff and go for me just incase it ever improves, but quite frankly after cryptics lifer quickly followed up by a complete game change stunt, i couldnt give a perverbial TRIBBLE if it folds in a year. Not another penny from me or the rest of us. We didnt pay to grind god knows how many hours on 8 different characters each. Thats all they have done basically the death of the alt.

This is the typical story I've been hearing all across the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    My friends list is around 100 people it must be, which were on at all times just about, now when i just quickly bob on purely to grab negotaiate additional and a few supports, theres about 3 people on. Surely they must see a huge drop in players, it is a real shame they deemed it necessary to make the game a never ending grind of total bordem. Now instead of doing stfs constantly your spending most your time putting stuff into endless projects. Its just a waste of a game most people were happy with. the only people which are happy are ones with either 2 or 3 characters or have their lives to spend in sto on multiple characters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    splingemcgrawsplingemcgraw Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Why would you want more than one piece of each equipment?

I think the times are a bit long but apart from that the systems fine.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Its more than just down to equipment, Stf's brought alot of people together in the game esp whithin fleets. Now people are simply not interested to grind on 10 characters. i have started the first tier of the new system, read what others have said about it and no it isnt for me, or anyone else i know obviously since they have all stopped playing the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]