What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Just unlocked tier 1 and wow.

Comments

• Options
    xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Seriously... you don't even think to consider that Fleet and Embassy construction are costly end-game features that are the true end of game content.

STF's as they were barely covered my costs in dilithium for contributing to the Fleet... now with Embassies the mountain is simply to tall to climb.

The value of zen has already dropped by 18 odd points since Season 7.

Think before you type.

In a month or so I think your opinion will have changed.:o

The idea that good game design should make things impossibly hard is total and utter hogwash.

I think they're poorly scaled to small fleets, yes. They have been since implementation, and it has little to none to do with this season. They are also not a race, you need not have the assignments filled the second they pop.

The zen drop was expected. I (and many others) actually started hoarding dilithium 2 weeks ago, and I'm waiting for the market to bottom out before I convert
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    xsharpex wrote: »
    overall, this game is easy mode for those who have all the resources. take away all the resources that players like you and i have and i guarantee we would be singing a different tune. how would we afford our equipment upgrades? or those doffs we slot? take away all the top tiered equipment that we've accumulated over all this time. those are the players severely affected by this. not us fat cats perched upon our windowsills.

I have a fed that's only been 50 a week or two. He is handling eSTFs just fine with a Jem'hadar set and some Mk XI blue Polarons, I can't run him with an AoE build because its too much heat with the trashy Jem shields,, but I can still carry pugs to optionals without a significant problem.
  • Options
    xsharpexxsharpex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    xantris wrote: »
    I have a fed that's only been 50 a week or two. He is handling eSTFs just fine with a Jem'hadar set and some Mk XI blue Polarons, I can't run him with an AoE build because its too much heat with the trashy Jem shields,, but I can still carry pugs to optionals without a significant problem.

so zero doffs for space and ground? how much did you spend for your consoles and the weapons?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    xsharpex wrote: »
    so zero doffs for space and ground? how much did you spend for your consoles and the weapons?

I think I have some green doffs for shield distro and evasive maneuvers. The Polarons were dirt cheap, like 25-30k a piece. Same with green consoles. I never even pay attention to ground doffs, I probably have some random stuff slotted in there.

If you want to live cheap starting off, stick with an unpopular damage type. Plasma is also a super cheap option, so is Tetryon. I went with Polaron because of the Jem'hadar bonus.
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited November 2012
    I think you can set up a ship for stfs from
    The story missions loot that will work doing
    on elite stfs for free.

It won't be the best but it should work until
    You can tier up

If I didn't have to grind so much I would try it
    Myself. :)
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    jellico1 wrote: »
    I think you can set up a ship for stfs from
    The story missions loot that will work doing
    on elite stfs for free.

It won't be the best but it should work until
    You can tier up

If I didn't have to grind so much I would try it
    Myself. :)

Yep, you can get some Blue MkXI neutroniums off the last undine mission.

You can get scaling phased Polaron cannons (or beams) off "boldly they rode".

That right there, along with the Jem'hadar set, will put you in a fine place to start off without spending a single EC
  • Options
    xsharpexxsharpex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    well then, i rescind my assertion. current and future casual players should have no problem remaining competitive. they should be able to gear up and pug e-stfs with a little bit of skill and luck. all they have to do is rely on a couple mission drops and blue/green items. sounds like a very solid plan.
  • Options
    vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    How much have they been bragging about how well their sales were going and how they doubled their staff.
    A financial necessity? Nope.

I don't just think about the bad decisions they made, I look at the right ones they could have taken too.

You know they could just have kept everything as is and build a rep system on top with actual new content... does it really sound so crazy.
  • Options
    thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    xantris wrote: »
    Yep, you can get some Blue MkXI neutroniums off the last undine mission.

You can get scaling phased Polaron cannons (or beams) off "boldly they rode".

That right there, along with the Jem'hadar set, will put you in a fine place to start off without spending a single EC

Lol no, no and no.

I have a Bug Ship, it is equipped with the Jem XI, and Mk XII polarons... it has Purple MK XII Neutronium and a whole host of other Mk XII consoles...

It will still get smashed to bits by one invisitorp.

Since Season 7 started in the Pugs and Private games I've played it's been with good players in good kit and we've still only made optional by a minute or two at best (save ISE). When before we could finish with 4 or 5 minutes to spare on CSE or KASE.

So no they won't be prepared and there will be problems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    evendzharevendzhar Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Lol no, no and no.

I have a Bug Ship, it is equipped with the Jem XI, and Mk XII polarons... it has Purple MK XII Neutronium and a whole host of other Mk XII consoles...

And you think a Borg or MACO set is going to change this?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    evendzhar wrote: »
    And you think a Borg or MACO set is going to change this?

It will at least mean they live a tad longer than they would otherwise against Raptors, Neg'Vars, Spheres, Probes and Cubes...

I admit no matter what you have equipped Gates and Tac Cubes will ruin you for fun :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    l0cutus359l0cutus359 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    <sigh>.... welcome to the Asian grind, it has fully arrived in STO. My patience is diminishing with the grind and costs now. Hopefully some balance will arrive in project costs, rewards, etc.

Mr. Stahl---- I hope you have some say with your Chinese overlords.

http://www.pwrd.com/html/en/index.html

"We are a leading online game developer and operator based in China. We primarily develop online games based on our proprietary game engines and game development platforms.

Our current portfolio of self-developed online games includes massively multiplayer online role playing games ("MMORPGs"): "Perfect World," "Legend of Martial Arts," "Perfect World II," "Zhu Xian," "Chi Bi," "Pocketpet Journey West," "Battle of the Immortals," "Fantasy Zhu Xian," "Forsaken World," "Dragon Excalibur," "Empire of the Immortals" and "Return of the Condor Heroes;" an online casual game: "Hot Dance Party;" and a number of web games and social networking games. While a substantial portion of the revenues are generated in China, we operate our games in North America, Europe and Japan through our own subsidiaries. Our games have also been licensed to leading game operators in a number of countries and regions in Asia, Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, and the Russian Federation and other Russian speaking territories."
    Locutus

Delirium Tremens
    Tier 4 Starbase, Tier 3 Embassy
    http://dtfleet.com/
  • Options
    pointedearspointedears Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I must admit im struggling to bring myself to login. Season 7 really has taken a lot of fun out of the game and taken things too far with the grind. When I can play battlefield 3. MOHW and the soon to be released PLanetside 2 I just cant find a reason to j;ustify logging in. Thhe only reason I do is because of friends in game who keep me playing. Everything else now is just a load of crock. Sigh :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    manzorianmanzorian Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I totally agree with the original poster. The new system is a complete & utter joke. Seeing as there are PLENTY of other MMORPGs out there to play, why would I even bother "REGRINDING" this TRIBBLE.

Again, this is ALL PWE & it's attempt to force feed players it's method of grinding that is in ALL it's games today.
  • Options
    starboardnacellestarboardnacelle Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Does anyone else think that the damage buffs to the Borg were a little over the top?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    manzorian wrote: »
    I totally agree with the original poster. The new system is a complete & utter joke. Seeing as there are PLENTY of other MMORPGs out there to play, why would I even bother "REGRINDING" this TRIBBLE.

Again, this is ALL PWE & it's attempt to force feed players it's method of grinding that is in ALL it's games today.

A thousand times this.

Also you may like to know that PW has it's finances based in the Cayman Islands :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I must admit im struggling to bring myself to login. Season 7 really has taken a lot of fun out of the game and taken things too far with the grind. When I can play battlefield 3. MOHW and the soon to be released PLanetside 2 I just cant find a reason to j;ustify logging in. Thhe only reason I do is because of friends in game who keep me playing. Everything else now is just a load of crock. Sigh :(

You're not the only one, I went back to playing TOR again (after 6 months) because of Season 7's excessive grind already has burnt me out.

Omega Mark Grinding
    Romulan Mark Grinding
    Fleet Mark Grinding
    Dilithium Grinding
    DOFF Grinding
    Accolade Grinding

Man this isn't a game we can enjoy anymore, its another job! :(
  • Options
    duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    hmmm, having 4 chars i was grinding the STF's with for the gear since 2010...

gotten to set MK XI, only on one char i got to have the full space MK XII, which dropped on one evening one after another after i have bought 4 Zen Store Fleet Ship Modules.

coinsidence?
    (i have bought many other things from the store, never happened before)

IMHO, the system is a good idea. It gives us a line where you know you'll have your set.

What should be changed?
    - project time should be cut to half
    - there should be SOME drops in the STF's and Fleet Actions (very rare mk XI consoles, whatever, to add some excitement)
    - dill costs should be cut to half

this is not about fleet marks, but i add they should add 50-75 fleet marks for the Officer on the Watch in the embassy and starbase.
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    A have to agree to a lot of things said already.

It is like one of those mobile games on a cell phone where I have to wait days for a house to be finished.

I am not a very good team player, I tried some STF's but they were complete devestating for me. So I choose to stay with very rare standard MK XI equipment instead I got from the Exchange or DilS.

But I once posted that it would be great (to me) to have something like a high priced Dilithium Store variant, next to the normal one.

In this store, players like me, would be able to buy those special MK XII sets and items for a pretty high price, but so someone can avoid those days long grindings.

Players could choose between spending a lot of money to Cryptic for Dilithium to buy those overpriced MK XII, or use the standard grinding way with missions and a.s.o...

Don't get me wrong, I totally do have respect for every player who is doing hundreds of STF's and Fleet Missions. But like I said, I don't have the guts or endurance to do them.
  • Options
    yggdrayurilyggdrayuril Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You're not the only one, I went back to playing TOR again (after 6 months) because of Season 7's excessive grind already has burnt me out.

Omega Mark Grinding
    Romulan Mark Grinding
    Fleet Mark Grinding
    Dilithium Grinding
    DOFF Grinding
    Accolade Grinding

Man this isn't a game we can enjoy anymore, its another job! :(

That's pretty light grinding considering a lot of those are balled into one. And you don't have to do all of those at once really.

As far as grinds go, STO is pretty light considering while you have to grind, you are also assured to get something after a number of attempts. Instead of being on your 1000th run of some dungeon hoping for that one item to drop you want to drop, and for you to get it (a bit of an exaggeration, but it can happen)
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ya say STO is pretty light i say sto make wow grinding look pretty light even wow rep system would not take me 2 or more months to get exhaulted with any one in that game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    felixzwrathfelixzwrath Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    In my opinion they need to cut the completion times by at least Half of what they are currently and at the same time add at least 1 more project slot for item and store unlocks.
  • Options
    bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The T1 warehouse mission sucked too... where was the story content?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • Options
    nobscunobscu Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The T1 warehouse mission sucked too... where was the story content?

'Story content' will probably be waiting for us at Tier 5.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    l0cutus359l0cutus359 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If STO is "lighter" in the grind department than WOW....so be it. I dont want to play WOW with a Star Trek flavor.

I have played most if not all the Star Trek games; I am looking for a good story, content, plot, whatever other term fits with those. I am a Trekkie first, gamer 2nd, MMO Grinder is way down the list.

I don't want to grind excessively like WOW. Season 7 reminds of Cartman in Southpark where they were in his basement for weeks on end killing sheep (or whatever they were) in WOW so they could rank/gear up to beat the uber nemesis in the cod piece.

I am willing to work for loot, but I don't have time for this current model.

Thx
    Locutus
    Locutus

Delirium Tremens
    Tier 4 Starbase, Tier 3 Embassy
    http://dtfleet.com/
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    l0cutus359 wrote: »
    If STO is "lighter" in the grind department than WOW....so be it. I dont want to play WOW with a Star Trek flavor.

I have played most if not all the Star Trek games; I am looking for a good story, content, plot, whatever other term fits with those. I am a Trekkie first, gamer 2nd, MMO Grinder is way down the list.

I don't want to grind excessively like WOW. Season 7 reminds of Cartman in Southpark where they were in his basement for weeks on end killing sheep (or whatever they were) in WOW so they could rank/gear up to beat the uber nemesis in the cod piece.

I am willing to work for loot, but I don't have time for this current model.

Thx
    Locutus

about 90% of the people in this game share the same view... and frankly if I was an MMO nut there are a million better MMO's out there.:o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    lordcorrinolordcorrino Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Lol no, no and no.

Since Season 7 started in the Pugs and Private games I've played it's been with good players in good kit and we've still only made optional by a minute or two at best (save ISE). When before we could finish with 4 or 5 minutes to spare on CSE or KASE.

So no they won't be prepared and there will be problems.

Oh the horror. You mean your completely OP PVP ship isn't completely invulnerable in PVE?

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    evendzharevendzhar Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    l0cutus359 wrote: »
    If STO is "lighter" in the grind department than WOW....so be it.
    It isn't, though. Even the longest reputation grinds in WoW only take about a month, while STO's reps take two months. WoW's reps usually don't even offer endgame items, so if grinding reps isn't your thing, you can just ignore them.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Oh the horror. You mean your completely OP PVP ship isn't completely invulnerable in PVE?

:rolleyes:

lol nope...

Try again.

Read the context again... think about the context... realize it wasn't about the bug ship but that even good ships like the bug have issues with Elite STF's so don't go expecting a guy in a guy in an RA ship to breeze through them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    evendzhar wrote: »
    It isn't, though. Even the longest reputation grinds in WoW only take about a month, while STO's reps take two months. WoW's reps usually don't even offer endgame items, so if grinding reps isn't your thing, you can just ignore them.

Yep, but in here there are many who will defend the system no matter how bad it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500