test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Good-bye, old friend! Hello phaser lady!

Comments

• selmak107selmak107 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    As much as it's fun to giggle about Captain Cleavage, she's not all that great to look at.

Yeah okay so she has curves in all the right places, but as other posters have pointed out, this firing on the move shot looks kind of dorky, it's like the marketing guys were giving the artist too many ideas to work into the final image.

Which way is she running? Towards screen left? Okay, so why is her hair fanning out to the left, shouldn't it be going to the right?

She has way too much eyeliner and lipstick for a Vulcan.

The image as a whole has this cold blue which seems overdone. Frankly it needs more warmth.

Also, phaser pistol? Seriously, if you're going to pick an iconic weapon go with the compression phaser rifle.

And while you're at it find a flame-haired no-nonsense human woman to hold that sucker.

Wait this sounds so wrong on so many levels...

:o
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    How about this?

KDFComePlay.jpg
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • admiralthorr360admiralthorr360 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ahahahaha yes the famous "Come Play My Lord" like Evony lmfao roflcopter.
  • bumperthumperbumperthumper Member Posts: 513 Arc User
    edited November 2012

OMG, I think I actually dated that chick a while back. Haven't talked to her since we stopped our interracial relations, though. Guess it's time to look her up on Spacebook since I lost her Comm Number.
    A proud member of The Collective ARMADA
    NOT A FAN OF ARC!
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    15rcxtj.jpg

If you really want to compete on that level Cryptic... :rolleyes:

Did you make this? Cuz this is really good.
    PS
    I'd rather this be our poster chick

http://mimg.ugo.com/201105/4/5/0/189...480_poster.jpg

Set phasers to, "Hey, how you doin'?"
    <3
  • kagurazaka77kagurazaka77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I used to jokingly tell my friends that you people would complain about anything.

I guess it's not actually 'jokingly' anymore.

Cripes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    500 years in the future and we still look like schmucks when getting our ID photos taken...
  • bumbleduckbumbleduck Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
  • thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I just think it's tacky, and the TRIBBLE are way too big, I'm happy for TRIBBLE to be there just not that disproportionate to the body... it actually looks as if she's about to fall over because her TRIBBLE are acting like gravity wells.

A nice pert pair of C or B cups would have been perfect.

On another note though, I saw people comparing the face to Twi****e Bird.... I actually think the artist drew inspiration from Saavik in Star Trek 3.

startrektsfs10.jpg

:D

1zmjv4o.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • admiralthorr360admiralthorr360 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    That's hawt lol. More ! More plz more crazy artists of STO ! :D lol.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited November 2012
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    bumbleduck wrote: »
    Long live Sexy Phaser Girl!

That's part of the problem, I don't find the image of a depressed dreamy girl any sexy.

(Seriously, light blue colour all over the page and that face.)

EDIT: Btw, if I were as useful in battle as she seems to be (and it was my job), I'd feel pretty depressed myself. lol
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • endafreshendafresh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I love fanservice, I have it in my sig. But considering that's a Vulcan? Highly illogical Captain. :D

I believe I have read through enough of the thread...
    Speaking as a heterosexual male, I don't have a problem with revealing outfits. All the women in your signature are lovely in their own way regardless of the cheesecake outfits. People of both genders and a variety of orientations have different tastes, duh. I've met female friends in game that don't mind making their avatars look 'pretty' or have huge TRIBBLE.

My problem is not with the sexualization but moreso for the bad artwork involved. That tired lifeless cold glazed-over look in the eyes. That phaser pointed the wrong way while she's looking at the audience. Those heeled boots (really? really!?) and those pips that we can't even get in the C-store.

My personal problem specifically with that artwork is the posing of the 'phaser lady'. Her posing is wrong, looks uncomfortable and unnatural, and is just terribad.
    This is the internet. If I want TRIBBLE I do a quick search and I have more TRIBBLE of every color/shape/size/type that I could ever want.

You don't do a service to your game by stupidly trying to capture a certain market segment that would have no interest in Star Trek. I did a thread on 'why STO is awesome' and basically every reply was 'the big honking ships'.

Personally though, my sex life is fantastic enough that I'd actually feel better with a sexy curvy starship (perhaps the Vesta?) featured prominantly in the foreground instead. OOoooooo dem curves =D
    edited November 2012
    On the contrary, Toiva. I think the Vulcan girl is very attractive, she has a beautiful face and that this is really beyond doubt. Her expression is a suitable mixture of tension and focus befitting the dramatic nature of the scene. Really if you think she is ugly, well I don't know what to say, other than, please post to a link to or mention a name of a woman you do find attractive, or I will assume you are some sort of deviant.

Endaflash, you say you are complaining about the "terribad" artwork, as if it was a stylistic issue, then you go on to complain about subject matter. These issues are quite different.

Now about the image itself... it's slightly different style to Handsome Phaser Guy, less dramatic lighting, less contrast, resulting in an image that looks more like an illustration. So, overall does look a little flatter. But that is all that about all you could say negatively about the style. Otherwise it is technically a very fine piece of work, whether or not you approve of the subject matter.

Composition is fine and nicely weighted, she fits perfectly into her place on the page in a suitably dramatic action pose.

Could her gaze be more aligned with the phaser? Perhaps, but in my opinion is overlookable as it is a frozen moment from the heat of battle.

Is the image too blue? Maybe? But I quite like blue, and the rest of the image is meant to be a background to other content, so a hazy blue overall tone makes sense.

Is she misleading about game content? Only in that her uniform top isn't actually available in game. Otherwise my bridge bunnies wear a similar outfit of; Sierra 1 (Open) top, Sierra Skirt 1, Sierra Boots. So there you have it. I also wish the game had better hair so my Vulcan tac Boff could get wavy hair like her.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Busty girl in an improbable uniform wielding an exceedingly silly weapon with light blue everywhere?

This picture is perfectly representative of Star Trek Online. I have no idea what you guys are talking about. :confused:
  • valiant797valiant797 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Five minutes and photoshop: slightly less annoyed at pic.

http://i.imgur.com/srprf.jpg

Phaser guy was confident enough to check his shot, she should be too.

The cleavage doesn't bug me. The promotional vulcan "open uniform" pic is worse IMO. The belt buckle looking like its on her hips instead of in the middle of her waist bugs me more.
    <signature under reconstruction>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want cheap commodities? Yeah you do. Commodity Cheat Sheet (includes food and data samples)

Want to make the game better? Might I suggest this form
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    She is about to fall over.
    <3
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    On the contrary, Toiva. I think the Vulcan girl is very attractive, she has a beautiful face and that this is really beyond doubt. Her expression is a suitable mixture of tension and focus befitting the dramatic nature of the scene. Really if you think she is ugly, well I don't know what to say, other than, please post to a link to or mention a name of a woman you do find attractive, or I will assume you are some sort of deviant.

I'd very much prefer the Vulcan featured on the PC Gamer magazine, linked already several times in this thread. (Or simply any Orion female from Enterprise.)

Also I basically share Endafresh points about the "artwork" itself.

@Valiant797:
    I'm amazed how much better that looks. Still don't like it. But it's already way better with those eyes.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Really if you think she is ugly, well I don't know what to say, other than, please post to a link to or mention a name of a woman you do find attractive, or I will assume you are some sort of deviant.

Just a thought...the fact that you like something doesn't make those who don't a "deviant".

If you like it, that's good for you...you can look at the front page without feeling annoyed. But don't act like there's something wrong with the rest of us if we don't feel the same way.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited November 2012
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakesl
  • vesolcvesolc Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    We need sexy ladies for some Klingon style.:cool:
  • obertheromulanobertheromulan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Doesn't anybody have a problem with how freakishly small her arms are?
    Especially if you compare them to her chest, which would be further away than her arm in the picture.
    Seriously, she looks like some Alien locked her up for several years, without giving her any activity besides producing milk.
    valiant797 wrote: »

Hah wow. Such a simple change, but so much better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vornek@oberlerchner123 - Join Date: July 2008
    edited November 2012
    valiant797 wrote: »

Phaser guy was confident enough to check his shot, she should be too.

The cleavage doesn't bug me. The promotional vulcan "open uniform" pic is worse IMO. The belt buckle looking like its on her hips instead of in the middle of her waist bugs me more.

Makes sense. I like it.
  • phantasrsphantasrs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I know this is a male dominated game but why is it necessary to use big TRIBBLE the Vulcan as the image for season seven? They're here for the Trek, not for the women. If they wanted women they could play some other MMO, where the ladies wear not much more than nipple covers and armored panties.
    I understood the Orions not wearing much, since they're portrayed all seductive and scantily clad in the show. But you're showing a Starfleet officer, one who appears Vulcan no less, wearing a short skirt and showing off her MASSIVE cleavage.
    How do you think this makes the females who play feel? This kinda thing is exactly why I do not tell people I'm an actual female in game. We are massively objectified in game. Now I don't mind guys who play as girls because they want a nice booty to watch run around screen, because they don't usually bother others, and I've even been complained to by one of them about their being hit on randomly in game. What I do mind is then people who proceed to stalk you upon finding out you're a girl.
    Guys, control yourselves. We women folk aren't gonna fall head over heels with you because of your avatar or your Mk XII MACO set.
    Anyways I digress. I really think PWE needs to reconsider their choice for the cover image of season seven. Ditch the skirt, it's so TOS. Give the poor Vulcan some pants. And guys, her titties don't have to be that big to be attractive. In fact, it's just comical.
    And while you're thinking about that, how about thinking about what us ladies would like to see? Lets see some skin on the guys. Let their shirts rip TOS style. Let them roll up their sleeves. Let them take off their shirts altogether. And for equality's sake, give they guys some skirts!!! Kilts, togas maybe, and how about those first season TNG skant uniforms?
    PhantasmagoricRS
    On the forums September 2009
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    phantasrs wrote: »
    They're here for the Trek, not for the women

I agree completely.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=438571

Here is a good place to chime in, its about the replacement of 'hot phaser guy' for vulcan busty woman,

Edit:
    Ah the threads got merged too ^^'
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Holi c*** you want Spock with a cleavage :eek:
  • abystander0abystander0 Member Posts: 649 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    phantasrs wrote: »
    I know this is a male dominated game but why is it necessary to use big TRIBBLE the Vulcan as the image for season seven? They're here for the Trek, not for the women. If they wanted women they could play some other MMO, where the ladies wear not much more than nipple covers and armored panties.
    I understood the Orions not wearing much, since they're portrayed all seductive and scantily clad in the show. But you're showing a Starfleet officer, one who appears Vulcan no less, wearing a short skirt and showing off her MASSIVE cleavage.
    How do you think this makes the females who play feel? This kinda thing is exactly why I do not tell people I'm an actual female in game. We are massively objectified in game. Now I don't mind guys who play as girls because they want a nice booty to watch run around screen, because they don't usually bother others, and I've even been complained to by one of them about their being hit on randomly in game. What I do mind is then people who proceed to stalk you upon finding out you're a girl.
    Guys, control yourselves. We women folk aren't gonna fall head over heels with you because of your avatar or your Mk XII MACO set.
    Anyways I digress. I really think PWE needs to reconsider their choice for the cover image of season seven. Ditch the skirt, it's so TOS. Give the poor Vulcan some pants. And guys, her titties don't have to be that big to be attractive. In fact, it's just comical.
    And while you're thinking about that, how about thinking about what us ladies would like to see? Lets see some skin on the guys. Let their shirts rip TOS style. Let them roll up their sleeves. Let them take off their shirts altogether. And for equality's sake, give they guys some skirts!!! Kilts, togas maybe, and how about those first season TNG skant uniforms?

Play KDF and make an Orion male character. You can go shirtless, and show off your physique.

Or make your entire bridge crew like that.

IKS Chippendales anyone?

Shirts are for wimps. Subdue your foes with manliness...or something. :P

Also if I recall correctly the TOS had it's share of semi-clothed persons.

The space elf bridge bunny just tripped with a weapon. Worry more about the people in her vicinity. Ensign redshirt gets hit with a stray phaser beam, and all that's left IS his shirt.

____