Install Arc
Options

Announcement About Upcoming Dilithium Changes - Nov 14, 2012

Comments

• Options
    snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yep, right on!

Good on Cryptic for doing the right thing.

I give them mad props for that. I can now go back to playing EliteSTFs. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    romuzariiromuzarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There... are... FOUR LIGHTS!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Thanks Cryptic! I appreciate you guys listening to us.

I actually started to enjoy EliteSTFs quite a bit. Adding back rewards to them is going to keep the community strong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thanks for finally listening to your players we gladly accept this compromise but you have a long way to go before you restore my faith in cryptic you and the game
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I have played FAs probably under 10 times. I don't care about the reduction in reward. They are easy mode snoozefests that require no teamplay.

You guys should consider yourself lucky. Most of the PvPers were mopping up and stealing the top spots almost all of the time. Now they'll go back to playing EliteSTFs and you'll have a chance of winning them against other PvEers instead. :D

EliteSTFs actually require some form of coordination and deserve the most reward.

They did the right thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    deokkent wrote: »
    I take it no one is concerned they nerfed FA.

After much thinking, I've come to the following conclusion: originally FA had 1440, nerfed to transfer the difference to STF. The nerf is still in effect I think. No one is bothered by this?

Play STFs with the rest of us. :) They are way better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,560 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Not enough Danny boy. UNI INSTALL S7 and try again
  • Options
    romuzariiromuzarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    robeasom wrote: »
    Thanks for finally listening to your players we gladly accept this compromise but you have a long way to go before you restore my faith in cryptic you and the game
    I don't gladly accept it. They still took away 140 dil + extra from drops. Bare minimum is about 240 dil per stf to max of like... 7k proto salvage + tech drop including lucky drops you might win roll on.

To 960 dil. What are you thanking them for, have we already forgotten this injustice? I'm starting to see why dilithium magically vanished from stfs yesterday upon s7 release.
  • Options
    skord1skord1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    still seems pointless to me, they want players to have more dil but are just reducing the dil rewards compared to 2 days ago and is makeing me spend a month or two grinding for some stupid reputation system for a set of gear that was free and took about a week to get the full set.

im not doing stf's anymore thats for sure, for me personally they have lost all value and point to them and just made the whole process to get items more difficult and time consuming

i was one bit away from a full omega space set, which is maybe weekend max, now im going to have to grind for 2 months just to get that last bit..... and thats stopping any FA i do for the fleet marks for items i was well on my way to getting aswell
  • Options
    notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I was looking forward to drop in dil prices, something like 100 dil/zen. So I am one of the rare players who were happy to see dil gone from elite STFs. Now the dil prices might come back to 160 dil/zen :(

But anyhow, reduced dil in STF is welcome :)
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Sorry Mr.Stahl , but I can't find it in myself to thank you .

Not after this emotional wrangling that has left me exhausted .

Not after being lied to . (again)

Not after being made to feel like a cog in a metric .

Oh and your numbers are off again ... unless your intent is to Not Award the average player with more Dil .

Because if you do want to reward the average player , then you should have left the FA award as it was ... (or closer to what it was) to simply put an OBVIOUS button for blind people that don't know the game that good, that says "Dilithium in HERE!!!" (as a fleetie of mine said) .

See ... , you can cater to the Terilynn crowd and the STF crowd at the same time .
    It does not have to be One or the Other .

So tell me (or don't) : have you lied to us when you said that you wanted the "average" player to earn more Dil ?
    Because putting the greater amount of Dil BACK into STF's puts it AGAIN out of the reach of Terilynn & co . .

I'm saying this as an avid STF-er who didn't log in for 2 days now because of the crapticular changes in the last 2 days that you call "balancing the economy" .

And I'm also saying this because despite being dumber than a post ("what do you need Dilithium for ?" Terilynn S. , PodcastUGC Nov.14) -- I still feel a compassion for the folks like her who do not really understand the economic aspect of the game they are playing -- but they are trying to have fun in the game in their own way and earn stuff non the less .

So ... my point is that raising the FA awards just a little won't break your economy , and won't leave the ppl like Terilynn (who have a seething hatred for all things STF (players included) feeling like "oh those STF-ers , they got us again ... , we won't earn as much Dil because of them !! ") .

Please consider the following improvements :

Normal STF runs will grant 480 Dilithium
    Elite STF runs will grant 960 Dilithium
    Space Fleet Action runs will grant 480 Dilithium -- make this 580
    Ground Fleet Action runs will grant 640 Dilithium -- make this 780

Trust me , the game WON'T break .
    (well not because of this anyway)
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I do understand some of the logic behind some of the decisions made. The one click to rule them all foundry missions for the Officer Reports were an exploit in a business sense. I can also see the removal of the Chart B'tran Nebula daily. My biggest issue with that one though is that there really is not a replacement for it. Yall removed/reduced dilitium from the STFs but moved them to the FAs. I have an idea for a replacement for the Chart B'tran Nebula.

"Patrol the Front Lines"

It would be a daily that awards dilithium. When you accept the orders, your ship is sent to patrol a random sector block. This mission would only unlock once your captain has completed all of the normal Patrol missions. The idea behind the patrol being random is that it would break up the monotomy of doing the exact same missions every day.
  • Options
    speedofheatspeedofheat Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well done for listening to the player base.

Shame on you for not listening or understanding the reaction and feedback you had on tribble and avoiding the issue altogether.

But Gratz fro responding so quickly.
    y3m-yM6W2jBAA7NpYi95PewTOHD9vSNpFGl3huKvuKsGif7jH9lBSYRtnx-AxOUzQw00u0SrjnMeAt0McFsPmCC2FoawxgX3ZON4Ork7H39MCRYsgBUn0QYSADDqYpB6wB5twq-_jNOp7AdrNeItQjiXChE9kwGvBsqc-vTz7oj3YM?width=660&height=198&cropmode=none
  • Options
    tehjoneltehjonel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm just gonna leave this here...

STO Dilithium Army...
  • Options
    digimatldigimatl Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I must say i still cant understand why the dev team did not listen to any feedback from tribble and did, out of the blue, that unbelievable stupid move on tuesday? I mean such things always fire back.

But i am also impressed that you guys did listen in the end and did not came up with some wishy-washy (f.e. Lower fleet dilth project requirements by 2.324%....) way of solving it. It is still less than before but there are also new ways of aquiring items so this should balance out. I am okay with that.

And I will not spin any conspiracy theories but just say thanks, and hope that this experience benefits us all (player base and dev team) in the future.

greatings
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tebsutebsu Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thanks Cryptic !! <3
    What ? Calaway.
  • Options
    daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dastahl wrote: »
    As others have pointed out, this is a more balanced approach that may have implications for Dilithium exchange rates in the future (because there will be much more Dilithium in the economy) - but we want players having fun with the new Season 7 content - not worrying about how to get Dilithium.

Well unless the STF's start awarding Refined Dilithium how will it put more into the economy?

There's still an 8k per day refinement cap, so if I'm in a STF earning Dilithium I can't possibly be in a Fleet Action earning it at the same time.

All this does is give players more options on how to reach that 8k cap.
    So in other words - we stuck to our guns - left the change in - it accomplished exactly what we wanted it to (help players get more Dilithium) but that doesn't equal "fun" for the community. We needed to see the data after S7 launch in order to realize that players can have their cake and eat it too and the game will be ok.

Well your changes didn't help me get more Dilithium.

Of my 5 characters, my 4 alts are now refining less per day then they ever have and my main is only refining 8k per day due to the stockpile I got from cashing out all my EDC's and Proto Tech before you screwed me in the latest conversion.
  • Options
    g8472hgg8472hg Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Sorry, I have still bad feelings about cryptic, again. (I'm still remembering for the "buy lifer account and you will reveive 250 emblems veteran reward action. Then the 250 emblems are stolen!) "All this has happened before, and all this will happen again."

And I won't spend any money for zen, till the game won't confortable and fun. Cryptic wants my money, not me theirs.
  • Options
    eskwaweskwaw Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    this looks like a start.

but we need something like loot in stf's too !

a idea could be MK XII kiT's as rare loot ... only a idea
  • Options
    truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Two things...

1-Thank you...

2-Please revamp the Current Body model displaced on the main page of this company's site. To a more formal and less 'sexual suggested presentation.
    Greetings!

After many hours of deliberation and review of the post Season 7 player data, I've made the call to reverse the decision to remove Dilithium as a reward for running STFs. In addition, we've also decided to keep Dilithium as a reward in Fleet Actions.

There have been numerous posts explaining the rationale that went into the reward changes and I can clearly state that our goal of getting more Dilithium into the average player has been very successful. As the data suggested, there is a huge contingent of players that simply do not play STFs but are eager to earn Dilithium in other content. These players are benefiting from the addition of Dilithium in the Fleet Actions, so that worked well.

However, our concern that there would be too much Dilithium in the economy if we left Dilithium in both STFs and Fleet Actions has been outweighed by the frustration we've seen from STF fans since the launch of Season 7.

Season 7 is an awesome content filled update that the team is very proud of that has been overshadowed by player frustrations over the Dilithium changes. Cryptic has and always will take player feedback into consideration when making decisions and this is a case where we agree with the players that Dilithium should be back in the STFs. It is more fun to run STFs when you can earn Dilithium towards end game gear and no amount of data driven logic can outweigh this.

So here are the changes we'll be making in a maintenance build by the end of this week.
    • Normal STF runs will grant 480 Dilithium
    • Elite STF runs will grant 960 Dilithium
    • Space Fleet Action runs will grant 480 Dilithium
    • Ground Fleet Action runs will grant 640 Dilithium

This is in addition to the other rewards that STFs and Fleet Actions grant.

While this is still a change from Season 6, we hope that these new amounts will help the average player earn more Dilithium per day while maintaining the Dilithium that players who like to run STFs were receiving.

The additional Dilithium may impact the player-to-player Dilithium exchange rates in the future, but we would rather you were having fun in Season 7 than worrying about the economy. We have enough of that to deal with in the real world.

Thank you for your patience and for being the best community of any MMO.

- dstahl

(p.s. the web team has updated the blog I posted last night with these changes to help cut down on confusion.)
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ONLY thing i dislike about the FA's is that they can stick us into FA's that are almost complete....thats just not right -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    purvee1purvee1 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This. This, please. Having to pay dilithium to reassign underperforming doffs is outrageous.

I can get the DoFF to pay me for throwing him out an airlock or lining him (and 4 others) up agaisnt a wall and shooting them.

I guess being a neglected minority has its good points.

But overall thanks for the change. I did an STF last night any response at the end of it was "is that all?" and I wondered how hard it would be to chase Red Alerts.
  • Options
    xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Good call devs, and ty dan for fixing this.

Just remember one thing dan for the future, more time for feedback before season release, get those bugs cleared and make sure things are on a good note with most of the community before releasing stuff. We want to show you appreciation but we also want you guys to listen to what we desire of this game.

Community at times can be harsh, i for one know this, but showing that you guys do care about this game means alot to us.. we need to see it more.. really do. Anyways good move and Iam glad you went back and fixed this. Cheers

Locutus
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • Options
    dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited November 2012

However, our concern that there would be too much Dilithium in the economy if we left Dilithium

And how would this happend if we still have 8k per day rafination limits? I can even earn ~20k dilithium but I can use only 8k.

Why you care how I obtain it and how much of it?
    to keep players on equal footing in the acquisition of Refined Dilithium

Nice slogan, but not true. It demands from player hours of grind every day. What if someone is casual player with real life? What if he/she can play for more than 3 hours/day only at weekends and in week can log in only for ~30 minutes? Why that player can't make him-/herself stock of Ore, refine it at weekdays and have possibility to spend those 30 minutes doing what he/she want?

You want make dhilit as some sort "time" currency so give it as reward from all sort of missions because I also spend my time in game playing them. Right now it's: "You don't play what and how we want, you don't spend time in STO".
  • Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i say KEEP the FA's as they are now before the patch...but make the cooldown 45 mins....and add the dilth back into the STFs like your planning...... these Fleet actions are brimming with life now after so long of being dormant.....i dont care if its not as TEAM based per say.....but ist still fun as heck to go into a HUGE firefight against klinks/Feds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    synthscanner#2101 synthscanner Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thank you for adding dilithium back into the STF rewards.

:3
This discussion has been closed.