test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Announcement About Upcoming Dilithium Changes - Nov 14, 2012

Comments

• cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I agree. As much as i'm pissed off at being lied to time and again, "eat TRIBBLE and die" is a bit too much. "May you get crabs from your sheep"...no that's a bit too much also. Oh well, we got the dil back in the stf's that we were told we were going to have, which shouldn't have been removed in the first place. Pease excuse me if I refuse to thank you for trying to TRIBBLE us all over, or thank you for "listening" to all of us when it was very clear from the time on tribble that removing the stf dil was a mistake. Perhaps if you actually do start listening and fixing some of the TRIBBLE thats still very broken, I'll consider "un-firing" you folks and spend some money here again. I can forgive being lied to, I can even forgive a solid attempt at a decent TRIBBLE over, but I will never forget it.
  • commxandercommxander Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thank you for the changes.
  • olisjolisj Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What about B'Tran (Vice Admiral) exploration daily? Since season 7 update it lost 1440 dilitium reward. Whats a point of having that daily then? It grants same amount xp as repeatable one.
  • leoll2leoll2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thank you DStahl, from me and my fleet mates ;)
    P2W means Play To Win

Archimede - Leader and Founder of "Raiders of Starfleet"
    ...and 21 other characters!
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'd thank you, but thanking someone for undoing some brainless decision seems unearned praise.

"Hey, you didn't kick me in the balls today, Thank You!" :rolleyes:

Now fix B'tran too. That zone was a ghost town even w/ the double dilithium, but now ...

The 'quickie' Officer Reports (Daily) I loved but that one I can understand the reasoning. But your overall 'we want people earning more Dil' is a lie when you get rid of the most profitable mission there is. No one is gonna do three 20 minute missions for 1440. ( If anyone does them it will be from shear boredom of the other grinding missions.) Your OWN statistic says you are shooting for 2000/hour for grinding. So you really should up the payout for Officer Reports (Daily).
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • thestormsongthestormsong Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    While I am glad to see dilithium rewards return to STF's, it doesn't change the fact that
    Cryptic has behaved very badly towards the playerbase.

We must not forget that they said the rewards would be there, then simply took it out
    without any explanation. Then, after looking at the data (not the player feedback!) they
    put it back in again. And look, they nerfed dil in FA's while they were at it!

This also do not change the fact that they've made things harder for small fleets by
    (essentially) removing a good, fast source of fleet marks without any replacement.
    And then there is the doff grinder cost...

Personally I'm more inclined to think that this was a PR stunt from their side. Cause an
    uproar by removing the dil, then put it back in to make it appear like they listened to the
    players. And voila, suddenly most players are eager to forgive and praise them.
    Sorry, I'm just not falling for that.. :rolleyes:

Joined in March, 2011. Lifer since December, 2011.
  • kronos69pwkronos69pw Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    hy guys my question what do you smoke in the cryptic-perfect world studios?
    i want this to to continue to play this game after the today patch.
    i think mutch peolple leave this game ... to play hello kitty-online without wonderfull patches like this one...
  • lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    deokkent wrote: »
    They nerfed the FA to transfer the difference to STF, the original nerf is still in effect people. But I guess people prefer STF to FA, so they'll take even more dil reductions derpherpderstan.

You are assuming we play both.

FA's rewarding 1440 wasn't going to get me to play those godawful things, so effectively my dili income dropped to 0.

Now it's back up to nearly 1k and with the 8k limit, I'm not complaining anymore.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • xspakkaxxspakkax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i don't understand how i earn more dil now, i see only that they nerfed all and rised price for duty, they added embassy that need other dil, and in the stf we earn less dill.

Now i can't play freely, i must play for dil cap -.-
    i don't like this chlange and don't understand how someone can agree to this politicies.

they insert dil in stf for player?
    i think that they insert it only for nerf and the player that don't see it are......

And if u don't want that i think about real economic probl don't do it in game.
    we are here for fun not for farm all time for a bit of dil or other.
  • randell1randell1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    As far as the new STF changes now as a vet player they are a bit of a joke. I used to love doing them with fleet mates trying to get their gear and sometimes getting a nice dil reward for myself if i got the big drop. All they had to do was add another function inside of the map mission when items dropped and everyone had to roll on them why not of added another tab that would have allowed you to pass your roll onto another person on the team to increase there chance of getting the item. As far as personnel drops items, add a fuction that would move the item into a team item roll window. I know a many of my mates would have been happy to pass items on to other teammates that worked just as hard in the STF mission. As far as the 8000 dil daily before the STF change with luck i could have this done in Two STF mission 2200 + drops to be exchanged into dil which i did quite often so dont understands Daniels S commends that this change would make getting dil easier lol. Just think system was better before and a lot less work had to go into changing it to this mess that it is now when a little fuction tab tweak is all it needed. I promiss this change would solve much of your items drop issues and will go over very nicely with fleets in the game. If you only pub because your a solo player well then theres a draw back and you need to work harder for your items or you may be lucky in and a friendly group that passed there roll to you i know that wont be the case a lot of the time but it may happen once in awhile.
  • kronos69pwkronos69pw Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Spakka have hit the right point for all:D
  • daxiii23daxiii23 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    well thanks for the new content Cryptic

BUT due to ur changes regarding the STF reward system and the ridiculous new reassign BOFFs dilithium costs I will not spend much time with this game anymore

good thing SWTOR is going free-to-play ... I am sure they glady take the annoyed trekkies off of Cryptics hands

was a fun experience while it lastet see (a lot of) you folks in SWTOR soon :)
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    deokkent wrote: »
    For some reason, you think it is not okay to penalize STFers but versatile players should go to hell????

I say FA = no less than 960k
    I say STF = no less than 960k

Problem solved.

agree put 960 to fa so we arent forced to do stf if dont wont to
  • humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dastahl wrote: »
    However, our concern that there would be too much Dilithium in the economy if we left Dilithium in both STFs and Fleet Actions has been outweighed by the frustration we've seen from STF fans since the launch of Season 7.

Dear dstahl,

Please don?t worry about there being too much dilithium in the system, you can reverse all those phenomenal price rises (e.g. doff reassignments and end game items) and even drop the ridiculous costs of starbases so that the non-mega fleets might give it a go.

Simply:

Just star selling people things they want (e.g. ships, weapons and bases) at a reasonable price and the dilithium will look after itself, we?ll be happy because we get the things we like and you?ll be happy because people will give you real cash to get all the lovely things that are suddenly within reasonable reach.

In business, if a shop isn?t making enough money it doesn?t put its prices up 900 % and expect to stay in business, it works out what the customers want and then sell those things at a price the customers agree (by buying) is reasonable.

You have been trying to squeeze more and more out of what you think is a captive audience, making us work harder and harder for basically pretty pixels on a screen and a warm feeling inside, don?t, the audience isn?t captive. Just make it easier and more people will give it a go, as well as recomending it to their friend.

It?s supply and demand; why not try working on the supply for a change. After all what would it have cost you if the big fleets all had their T5 bases finished by the end of S6? Well, I think they'd be fired up and ready for the S7 embassy, instead of thinking Oh No, Not Again!
  • theparanoidtheparanoid Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dastahl wrote: »
    However, our concern that there would be too much Dilithium in the economy if we left Dilithium in both STFs and Fleet Actions has been outweighed by the frustration we've seen from STF fans since the launch of Season 7.

Wait I thought that why we had an 8k dilthium cap.
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm curious to see what type of datamining was used to determine the increase in dilithium earnings.

If you considered the amount ACQUIRED after Season 7 went Live, then it is correct.

But if you considered the amount they HAD after Season 7 went Live, then it's wrong, because many players turned pre-S7 STF loot in for dilithium and now have huge amounts.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• warpetwarpet Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yeah it used to be easy to get4k dill+ whit bit of luck from 1 stf
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Wait I thought that why we had an 8k dilthium cap.
    Interesting. I agree.

Since there is a daily 8,000 dilithium cap, the mechanism would have slowed players down. Regardless about how much dilithium people accumulate, the 8,000 dilithium refinement stop gap would have kept things moving smoothly.
    Concern 1 ? Active level 50 players are refining far less Dilithium than we expect them to. Prior to Season 7, the average amount of Dilithium refined by an active level 50 player was 3100 per session or 13,250 per week. That is far less than the cap of 8000 per day when you consider that most level 50 players play multiple days per week and slightly more than the average hours per session.
    Make Dilithium more available to all level 50 players ? not just those playing on elite ? by increasing the average amount of Dilithium earned. We want the average amount of Dilithium earned by all level 50 players to exceed 13,250 per week and will be monitoring and adjusting Dilithium rates to ensure this happens. This also means moving additional Dilithium rewards to missions that are more accessible to the average player (Normal Fleet Actions) and away from Elite only STFs. STFs will still reward Dilithium but at a lesser rate than before. Both STFs and Fleet Actions reward Dilithium each run.
    Fascinating. What Mr. Stahl should be asking is, "Why are the majority not interested in stfs?". Once he realizes they are annoyingly bugged, too difficult for the vast majority, and lack efficient overall rewards, Mr. Stahl will make the necessary adjustments to restore their luster. Another thing that is scaring people away are the vocal elite players. According to their philosophy and perspective, the only people who should be playing stfs are 'expert level players'. "Star Trek: Online's" forums are filled with vocal elite players stomping on the learning curves of pugs. I have seen vocal elite players belittle, degenerate, and slam new players for making mistakes. Even though some new players are having their issues, the vocal elite players have a problem with discriminating between a confused player, someone learning, and someone just being annoying. Its all or none with the vocal portion of elite players.

Technically, the vocal elite players, annoying freeloaders, bugs, difficulty settings, and lack of rewards have destroyed everyone' interested in stfs.
  • criss11criss11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    to dastahl:
    wise decision devs, to put back dilitium in stf..

1.yesterday i saw 3 fleet projects stopped with 0 dilitium, and the tier 0 embassy projects requiring dilitium as well.
    2.your work would be in vane if no diltium reward in stf, players already refusing to do (new) STFs after the first (curiosity content) run.
    3.the refining cap is already a "pain" for many players , so why should remove completely dilitium from stf ?..
    4.already the dilitium amount required for fleet projects is huge .( i would prefer 10 times more dilitium required but in Ore not the refined one..)
    5.the exchanging(converting) 5:1 doff instant mission requires (more) dilitium..( i guess you have some online statistics about the average usage of converting doffs and you might see now player don't exchange doffs anymore..therefore common doff prices are dropping down to 8k or even 5k)

Conclusion: better a smaller reward dilitium in STF than none..and your work to create Season 7 will be enjoyed NOT IGNORED by players also not lagging or server issues on the only dilitium rewarding instances such as Starbase 24..yesterday players was complaining about the fleet event entering issue.
    And i know how hard it is to create new content, new characters, new textures, new meshes,new terrain maps,or new objects,new props , boolean modelling ,etc ..etc. My hobby is Daz Studio, Bryce, Maya,Mudbox, (soon Z-Brush) mostly in graphical and 3D art and i bet seeing your 3 months, or more, work results to be ignored is not funny..

Also want a tip to get more dollars to Cryptic ? Create shop content..lots of MORE shop content, not just 3 doff packs and 10 ships ..I play PWI of PWE since nov 2008 (open beta) , and believe me, you get "lost" when you visit the shop with such a big variety and lots of goodies..doesn't matter if its fantasy or scifi game , shop content variety will attract more dollar-zen buyers right ?
    -You can create a new special lockbox available only from shop...you can create holograms to buy to put them in interior ships , you can create shop-only trophies droped from shop-lockboxes and so...more new stuff to attract buyers ..or to tempt them to spend more ..this the key to a wealthy bussiness, not forcing customers to buy more expensive.From let's say 15 items on shop, how many items types you will sell ? 7 maybe 8, but if you have 200 item types you will sell at least 40 types.
    More end-game sets, Xindi faction, Xindi stf, undine stf,romulan stf, suliban instances, andorian events...new faction ships on shop.. etc etc
    There are hundreds of species(races) in Star Trek (even if only mentioned) but in game are still missing lots of them ..create a new(missing) boff species/race for the zen shop or a playable one..etc etc

And by the way i like the Mine Trap with zombies a.k.a M-113 creature race :D ty for that. Looks like a Residend Evil scenario lol

Why the cash shop is so small..?

Thank your reading this and you're welcome for the hints :)
    open beta player of some PWE games - north america launched versions:
    - PWI - November, 2008 (2 months after North-America-West Coast open beta)
    - Forsaken World - open beta
    - BOI - open beta
    - Star Trek Online - ftp January, 2012 and rank 14 STO Wiki contributor
    - Neverwinter open beta June, 2013

Daily Foundry "Canyon of the Dead" ( NW-DBPJYKMRE ) - dungeon
  • admiralsvakadmiralsvak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Good!, now you guys can fix the game crashing problem!:mad::mad:
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    linyive wrote: »

Fascinating. What Mr. Stahl should be asking is, "Why are the majority not interested in stfs?". Once he realizes they are annoyingly bugged, too difficult for the vast majority, and lack efficient overall rewards, Mr. Stahl will make the necessary adjustments to restore their luster. Another thing that is scaring people away are the vocal elite players. According to their philosophy and perspective, the only people who should be playing stfs are 'expert level players'. "Star Trek: Online's" forums are filled with vocal elite players stomping on the learning curves of pugs. I have seen vocal elite players belittle, degenerate, and slam new players for making mistakes. Even though some new players are having their issues, the vocal elite players have a problem with discriminating between a confused player, someone learning, and someone just being annoying. Its all or none with the vocal portion of elite players.

Technically, the vocal elite players, annoying freeloaders, bugs, difficulty settings, and lack of rewards have destroyed everyone' interested in stfs.

IF they dumb down STF's to accommodate the vast majority you think aren't up to the task then I'll assume those STF's rewards will be nerfed again. The normals were created to learn those missions, and if you want that top-notch gear you better learn how to be an elite player instead of asking the devs to gimp the missions so you can have gear you're not deserving.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • karmapointkarmapoint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dastahl...

Really, I can understand the importance to keep the amount of dilithium controled in the game, and create ways to Crypt/PW get money to keep STO running. No problem with this. Is part of the game and we know, no one work for free. :)

But the main problem with the new rules of Dilithium is about how STO deal with this. Instead taking Dilithium to pay dutty officer, get GLP, Fleet Credits or another non-dilithium currency...

...Or review the whole price of projects, from starbase to embassy, because is really demotivating be a non-ultrahardcore gamer or just a casual player in STO with limited time for family, friends, work and more and have to spend your full free time collecting dilithium to keep your fleet projectos running, keep your reputation projects running, keep your dutty missions running.

In somepoint, "Grind to gain" become worse, boring and punitive to a largue number of players and they begin to ignore or abandone the projects and missions.

Sto need to value the time or each player (gold or silver, lifetime or free) to have fun and want to play more, without looking something punitive or
    destructively addictive.

Yeah, we want to spend our time and money here, but please, the Grind to Gain formula become each day more and more cansative. The endgame lost your importance and running in circles to just to polish the ego of a fleet or players with time or with lots of money give a bad taste to other common players.

In the past, STF have the luck to find the items. Now is good because you have to play enough to get all rewards.

But again, in the STO, each day is more dificult to be motived to play new systems, finish projects and go in certains kind of game because everything is too dilithium oriented. And because the dilithium is the source of all problems (you need more to finish quickly or are forced to use this), everyone get pised if insted of changing the way of the game put a price of our efforts and time, raise the price of dilithium and remove how you get this.

I have a gold account, but every month is hard to me justify why keep it. Being a F2P or just go to another game is being really attractive if STO keep to following this idea of dilithium-eating in each step of the game.

Again, I not complay to pay something in the game, if is in zen, dilithium, EC, GLP or other thing. I complay about how STO begins to lose the fun and starts becomes tiring, stressful and begin to force the players to develop the greed of values​.

The S7 is awesome. But the price tag in some services and projects really make me to think twice if really worths my time. Sorry dastah, I really love star trek and STO, but sometimes is really hard.
    Brasilis Elite Squad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PW/Crypt can't make more KDF Content?
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 924 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    truewarper wrote: »
    Two things...

1-Thank you...

2-Please revamp the Current Body model displaced on the main page of this company's site. To a more formal and less 'sexual suggested presentation.

You don't seem to have been to many other PWE sites or seen many other PWE game launchers have you?

On topic: It's a compromise. Compromise entails each side giving up something to achieve a middle ground. No, you're not getting back the way things were, true. But you're getting something back. Give them a little time to look at the numbers and see if they're willing to give a little more.

It's a flustercluck from hell, I'm sure, but something came of it.

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • xariamaxariama Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Stahl, you still have that unnecessary 1000 Dilithium charge on getting the General Recruitment mission from the Personnel Officer in SFA. How can you justify that? Considering the number of Common Duty Officers needed for progression, you're going to slap a 1K charge on getting more?
    Lane Bjorn Jorgensson, Captain, ISS Voltaire

Here's a map to show how much they've screwed up the game map.
  • trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thank you Mr. Stahl.

I was impressed with S7 but as some have stated before the removal of the dilithium rewards from STF's seemed to overshadow everything that was done. I was usually able to reach my 8000k dilithium cap (I'm a lifer but I didn't manage to get 9000k regularly) but since S7 went live (granted it's only a few days old) I never even came close. I love STF's but I'm not a big fan of the other ways available to get dilithium. I do believe you maid the right decision.

Again thank you and keep up the good work. As a KDF player I'm eagerly looking forward to S8 and maybe to a Romulan faction :)
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • intrepidukintrepiduk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've uninstalled, I hated the starbase in s6 for being a waste of time and resources, but at least it was optional and I opted to ignore it. Now a player has their own mini starbase system just to be given permission to buy stuff that used to be given out as a lucky reward drop in STF's.

Its not fun, its just grinding and grinding, none stop. Its not just the excessive costs in dilithium, its the timegating as well. If there was a Z store token that could be purchased that gives instant access to tier 5 store content (say 2500 zen) then I might grind the necessary dil for that even if I have to pay more dil just to get the stuff I want.

This is just disgraceful.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thank you for listening. The new dil spread is a great compromise; STFs still give out dilithium in fair amounts, Fleet Actions still have dilithium to further increase the options one has in filling out their dil cap per day. Well done.

Now about the DOff grinder... <__<
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Space Fleet Action runs will grant 480 Dilithium

nope they do not just done 6 space fleet actions and no dilithium , and neither do stf's so what gives Mr. Stahl ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • adorkabledoriadorkabledori Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    WTF, yes they have brought back the dilithium in the STF's, but the cooldown time went up with 30 minutes. 1h30 now instead 1 hour. Is this the way to pay respect to your paying costumers ???
  • nierionnierion Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This is not really a fix. I'm not really jumping off my seat here about the "compromise" and meeting us "half way". If anything it's just another let down.

This has much effect on the player base as dropping a stone in the ocean. You've got to open your eyes and see the wood for the trees.... or in your case, see the trees in general. You can't continue to turn a blind eye to some of the horrible changes you've made.

After this long up hill struggle to get back in the position we once were in to buy that elite gear, we've got to spend around 80k dilithium for one piece. Now, even if I were able to make enough dilithium to buy all the equipment I want, I would have to wait every 10 days to refine enough to buy it. That's one piece every 10-11 days based on what you said a piece of equipment should cost. If we're willing to put the hard work in, why make it even more difficult?

Reduce the wait times on the projects, either make the gear purchasable with Marks or remove the dilithium fees for Crafting and the General Recruitment of DOFF's on SFA and replace it with EC or even Fleet Credits. The other bright spark idea you came up with is increasing the fee on the Reassigning Duty Officers to get better qualities. So let's look at the facts:

White to Green: Now 500 Dilithium - Increase from 25
    Green to Blue: Now 2500 Dilithium - Increase from 100
    Blue to Purple: Now 5000 Dilithium - Increase from 500

B-Tran Double Reward - GONE (1440 Dil Reward Reduction)

Embassy Added - More Dil projects

Fleet Projects still not scaled or reduced on Dil requirements except for Tier IV and V (which not alot of people I know have even reached yet.)

End game gear - Average 85k Dil per piece.

General Recruitment Doff - 1k Dil each.

The cost of a Common Unreplicateable Material is 10 Refined dilithium
    The cost of an Uncommon Unreplicateable Material is 1000 Refined dilithium

Dil Store - Still there.

Dilithium Cap Increase - Oh, still not done that?

How do you expect people to enjoy this game with these kind of unreasonable targets? You want us to refine more, but you take more avenues away for us to earn it. You give us more things that cost dilithium or increase the cap on stuff that didn't need increasing but yet don't change the Refinement Cap. Many players have families to take care of and full time jobs, at the same time we don't expect everything to be handed over to us on a silver platter, but you should make it fair so we can get a good challenge and still enjoy our experience.

I use to play Final Fantasy 11 for about 8 years and now I have Final Fantasy 14 online. Before you login you get a message -

"Exploring Vana'diel is a thrilling experience.
    During your time here, you will be able to talk, join,
    and adventure with many other individuals in an experience
    that is unique to online games.

That being said, we have no desire to see your real life
    suffer as a consequence.
    Don't forget your family, your friends, your school,
    or your work."

You should really take a page out of their book. As it feels like in order to get anywhere and enjoy the experience of everything this game has to offer we need to devote all our free time, which in turn would effect our real lives. Now I know many might say that your not holding a gun against our heads and we don't have to play and that it's free, so be happy. But a free service is still a service and there are still all the players that have put plenty of time and money in this game including the Gold Members and LTS (myself included).

Remember what Star Trek is about and equality for everybody. If you focus on service and don't worry about your income, you'll find that the income will come anyway because it will make people want to be and stay a part of STO.
    api.php?action=streamfile&path=%2F187011%2FFleet%20Files%2FMember%20Signatures%2FNierion.png&u=146876
This discussion has been closed.