test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anyone else having an issue logging in? (Resolved!)

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    geekintrekkygeekintrekky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    And now its up, here in arizona .. ty:)
  • Options
    joshl7889joshl7889 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    No :) Look at the two posts here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=6434851#post6434851

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

gee bran. thanks for busting my bubble :( oh well
    *Me*Why don't you just step away from the weapons console. You and I both know that you couldn't hit that cube, even if it was right in front of us.
    *Junior Tactical Officer* But sir the cube IS right in front of us.
    *Me* EXACTLY! Its right in front of us and you still missed it! Just step away from the console.
  • Options
    carterjohns1209carterjohns1209 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hello Everyone,

Arizona here, Comcast user. I am in the "some affected & effected category." If I'd had any idea this was going to happen I certainly wouldn't have logged off earlier. Despite reading over 30 pages of posts in this thread, I haven't seen one helpful thing leading to a resolution. The sad/ironic part is, I just installed STO again, yesterday, on my NEW and vastly superior computer with better graphics, processor, storage, and even enhanced speakers. I was all set to settle down into a good old-fashioned ex post facto ignoring of the election, only to find out that STO is, gone! I can run every other client based application, console game, and general purpose application, online or off, except for anything having to do with PWE. Haven't been able to log on since 1630 PDT I'm really disappointed I have to say. I've spent a good portion of my hard earned YouESSDees here, and, as frosting, I finally got my wrath of khan unis! I try to keep things positive and hopeful for the most part, but this not playing jazz, well, it's...a syndrome. That is a collection of symptoms unclassified as a disease per se, but still very much present, and painful. Is there any fix that has a chance of working? I can't "channel my inner Kirk" if the "TV" is busted! Any help would be appreciated.

@carterjohns 1209, various Federation/KDF Officers
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Let's see, my last "day" off, there was maintenance all day.

This is my first "night" off since that day and I can't get on......

And I was going to buy me some reinforcement packs too, tryin for the Jemy.
    Guess I'll hold off for the Vesta, due out.....................................................................

Right then, off to watch the election coverage then....Dammmm you Cryptic ! I HATE watchin election coverage.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2012
    We believe the issue has now been resolved. Is there anyone in this thread that is still having an issue?

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    geekintrekkygeekintrekky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Got a full tracert with cox communications... patchserver.crypticstudios.com averaging 99ms.. 208.95.185.41 is timing out still once in a while but seems stable over all now.
  • Options
    joshl7889joshl7889 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    well i can at least get into the log in screen. so far so good
    *Me*Why don't you just step away from the weapons console. You and I both know that you couldn't hit that cube, even if it was right in front of us.
    *Junior Tactical Officer* But sir the cube IS right in front of us.
    *Me* EXACTLY! Its right in front of us and you still missed it! Just step away from the console.
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    We believe the issue has now been resolved. Is there anyone in this thread that is still having an issue?

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

woohoo looks like its back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just got into patcher now.

What was the problem?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    warlordsobwarlordsob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

thanks...........................
  • Options
    templarsoratemplarsora Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Amazing...I finally got the loader to come up and connect...engaging the game now...yeah, I think we're good...what the hell happened?
  • Options
    sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've been posting as much information as possible in this thread. What we know is that it's not related to the pre-patch (which started much earlier in the afternoon before this issue), it's not affecting all players, and those who are affected are seeing this issue for Champs, STO, and the Cryptic Studios website.

It doesn't have anything to do with the STO server since players are still in-game playing, and some players are able to log in without issue.

The team is working as hard as they can to find where the issue lies and to resolve it as quickly as possible.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

atleast today I got 2 normal options 1 to go hmm oh infected ground
  • Options
    broken1981broken1981 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

yessssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i got in baby im in baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I can throw [Fireworks] at you and hope you catch on fire and burn to death lol
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Acting a little constipated(laggy) but I got in. Thanks team!:)
  • Options
    bdziecbdziec Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

fixed

/10char
  • Options
    jaguaro70jaguaro70 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thank you Brandon, and thanks to the Team, for your hard work and dedication in resolving this issue.
  • Options
    cytarabinecytarabine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Back in as well. Genuinely appreciate the regular updates.
  • Options
    lored2deathlored2death Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Patching now. What happened?
  • Options
    carterjohns1209carterjohns1209 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hello Everyone

Talk about, rapid resolutions! No more than 30 seconds after my post, I logged in to the client again. YAY for Branflakes. Yay for the Devs. Yay for me! I get to stab at my enemies "From Hell's heart" again (though phasers are usually more efficient.)

@carterjohns1209, various Federation and KDF officers
  • Options
    jerrackjerrack Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thank you.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: ' With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.' Those words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie as wisdom and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on we're all damaged. I fear that today..."
  • Options
    vulcanmonkvulcanmonk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Up and running again...thanks all at Cryptic & PW!
    Sacca Gavesaka, Fleet Admiral, Commanding
    BSG-Benne Gesserit Consortium
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    oh good it works, thanks bran and devs
  • Options
    ardeurardeur Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Try your launchers, seems like it's up and running. Pray that it stays up!
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2012
    You're very welcome, and we appreciate the patience :) I'll close this thread now that the issue has been resolved. See you in-game!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.