test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anyone else having an issue logging in? (Resolved!)

Comments

• captmike82captmike82 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    :mad: ok its 12:10 am here and still no sto still no explanation as to whats going on i hope pw and cyptic now they are loseing money by the sec as long as sto is down
  • voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    crypticstudios.com
    startrekonline.com

- toast

perfectworld.com
    sto.perfectworld.com
    sto-forum.perfectworld.com

- not toast

For that matter, champions-online.com IZ toast. co.perfectworld.com IZ not toast.

Etc, etc, etc...

Did PWE forget to pay a bill, eh? Was there a plan to move everything to perfectworld.com that went live "early"...? Etc, etc, etc...

Given the time differences different people have experienced with the issue - it sounds like a trickling effect as DNS updated... an update that did not include crypticstudios/startrekonline...

Yeah I can confirm here as well that I can enter the site, but only from the sto.perfectworld.com as well. It's wed. 12:10 am EST here (New York State) I've tried both ways for over an hour and still only the sto.perfectworld.com will work. Think you might be right about the move happening early or not properly. Perhaps there was supposed to be a redirect that isn't working?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • penguin44ca1penguin44ca1 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Same here in Toronto. 12:13am and the only way i can get to the forums is through a strange link off of google. Also cant log in as every one else has stated. :mad:
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2012
    captmike82 wrote: »
    :mad: ok its 12:10 am here and still no sto still no explanation as to whats going on i hope pw and cyptic now they are loseing money by the sec as long as sto is down

I've been posting as much information as possible in this thread. What we know is that it's not related to the pre-patch (which started much earlier in the afternoon before this issue), it's not affecting all players, and those who are affected are seeing this issue for Champs, STO, and the Cryptic Studios website.

It doesn't have anything to do with the STO server since players are still in-game playing, and some players are able to log in without issue.

The team is working as hard as they can to find where the issue lies and to resolve it as quickly as possible.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    not cool that this isn't fixed yet :mad:
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cptvapourizercptvapourizer Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    im in toronto aswell its been down since likw 7pm here
  • captmike82captmike82 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    :mad: ok for all this down time i say we all should get the vesta for free !!! or 1500 zen free ether or we deservesomething for this headach
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h06WKYFYdlo

This should kill the downtime . . . LMAO

Yes, yes it did. It killed the down time better than his dead wife.... you know... because she's dead.
  • inputend21inputend21 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    *facedesk* GIVE ME MY FIX =/
  • solidshatnersolidshatner Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited November 2012
  • bdziecbdziec Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've been posting as much information as possible in this thread. What we know is that it's not related to the pre-patch (which started much earlier in the afternoon before this issue), it's not affecting all players, and those who are affected are seeing this issue for Champs, STO, and the Cryptic Studios website.

It doesn't have anything to do with the STO server since players are still in-game playing, and some players are able to log in without issue.

The team is working as hard as they can to find where the issue lies and to resolve it as quickly as possible.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Are there any command line switches that might get the loader to work ?
  • sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    broken1981 wrote: »
    wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sandy dident even keep me off of sto. looking at you cryptic........lol

it is them not you I love when a company messes with your account and fails to notify you
    and to make matters wosrse thay dangle stuff I can't get to on tribble
    finaly release conversion for stf oh wait hmm son of a biscut loader won't load
    so why all the secrecy with my account why can't someone tell me straight up
    why do i get try these steps when i am 20 steps ahead

why eveytime i use forums I have to log in it usualy remembers in aol
  • broken1981broken1981 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    bdziec wrote: »
    Are there any command line switches that might get the loader to work ?

yes what he said
    I can throw [Fireworks] at you and hope you catch on fire and burn to death lol
  • joshl7889joshl7889 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    so...since u guys r pre patching. is it safe to assume that come thursday when the patch hits the holo, that we will be happy to see a bunch of new s7 content?
    *Me*Why don't you just step away from the weapons console. You and I both know that you couldn't hit that cube, even if it was right in front of us.
    *Junior Tactical Officer* But sir the cube IS right in front of us.
    *Me* EXACTLY! Its right in front of us and you still missed it! Just step away from the console.
  • badvaiobadvaio Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Can't connect in england. Same problem as everyone else.
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Brandon ... I'm wondering if it is a dns / url problem.

Example ... I also cannot access the main website via StarTrekOnline.com but have to use the sto.perfectworld addresses instead.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • extremis0extremis0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    pwebranflakes better find the problem quick.a lot of ppl are getting very angry https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbcctWbC8Q0 :eek:
  • lored2deathlored2death Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Same here in Toronto. 12:13am and the only way i can get to the forums is through a strange link off of google. Also cant log in as every one else has stated. :mad:

Same here. I was loading a screen in game, got a "server not responding" then timed out. Haven't been able to log in since. It's now 12:20 AM EST.
  • sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The team is still trying to resolve the issue -- it's not just affecting STO, but Champs and the Cryptic site, too.

I'll keep updating the thread as I have more information.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    was this a hack job if it is site wide?
    edited November 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

is there anyway the people who are running off of the cryptic or startrekonline.com which cant log in can join the sto perfectworld site so they can logg in cuz that seems to be the issue
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2012
    joshl7889 wrote: »
    so...since u guys r pre patching. is it safe to assume that come thursday when the patch hits the holo, that we will be happy to see a bunch of new s7 content?

No :) Look at the two posts here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=6434851#post6434851

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • badvaiobadvaio Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just a thought, does everyone that is still able to connect use steam to run STO ?
  • thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just wanted to post that I'm having the same issue as well, cannot login, launcher says it can't connect, and I cannot connect to startrekonline.com either. Location: Boone, NC. Time: 12:22 AM Eastern time.
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I like that you're trying to fix this, and being open about how far you've gotten towards this goal, but all I want to do is patch into TTS and see how badly I got robbed by the Omega conversion. >.< I want to patch, engage, pop onto my most-looted character and compare the numbers to what they should be. :x
  • kandorouskandorous Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I wish to play your star track vidya game

pls
  • dshot79dshot79 Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2012
    Yeah not sure if this helps, I couldn't get to the front page (www.startrekonline.com), but I was able to get to the forums via google with a search "star trek online down for maintenance" and clicked on a forum post, then logged in and went to the forums as usual. But the front page (home page) would not load at all.
    edited November 2012
    Same here. I was loading a screen in game, got a "server not responding" then timed out. Haven't been able to log in since. It's now 12:20 AM EST.

lol thats the exact thing that happened to me
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    joshl7889 wrote: »

no it doesnt realse til 22nd
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • geekintrekkygeekintrekky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    And now its up, here in arizona .. ty:)
This discussion has been closed.