test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vesta Class: Speculation and Discussion

Comments

• xsharpexxsharpex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    vesta = fed's version of the kar'fi. only instead of 2 carrier hangers, you have 2 integrated abilities. 9 console slots, pretty much everything is the same give or take. 2/3/4 engi/sci/tac consoles. fleet variant available - t5 2/4/4 console layout with the standard boost to hp and shields. gives them a reason to roll out the fleet kar'fi too.

my 2 slips of GPL
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    levi3 wrote: »
    If I said to you a week ago that all vet rewards and the 1000 day ship would be sold off to anyone for a bargin price and no waiting - what would you have said?

"Seriously doubt Cryptic will do that" or more like "get back on your meds!!"

Don't doubt their capacity to put something out there that may make some waves for a big 1 time sales boost.

Hey I could be wrong - fact is no-one out here knows - but the way the leaks are going it's starting to lean my way.

I would've believed it. Because PW's mostives since F2P more about milking Star Trek fans out of money. And given people wanted the Vesta for years, I can almost guarantee you they aren't going to sell a single ship with 3 console abilities. It will be either a single console with the ship or it will be a triple pack like the Odyssey.

If you don't want to believe it, then so be it.
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Getting a Vesta is cool enough. They can milk everyone all they want with their triple pack if they so wished.

I say this because I bought my DNC, not refer someone. I'm not in a position to comment what is money-grubbing bad or not.

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    First off, like to thank those people who gave Cryptic the idea of 3 different ships like the Odyssey. :rolleyes:

Really, if Cryptic gives the Vesta a 10th console slot, then newer ships like the Regent should also get a free refit since they are upgrades of older Tier 5 ships.

They can always give it 10 consoles but make it dramatically underpowered if you don't use the ones supplied.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Perhaps, but then you get angry customers who feel that it wasn't worth the cost.
  • rrincyrrincy Member Posts: 1,023
    edited October 2012
    Yeah i read this on twitter last night , really hope they dont make it a pack , and somehow consolidate these abilities into the ship , but having an awful feeling levi could be right for a change :rolleyes:
    12th Fleet
    Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
    U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
    edited October 2012
    well people will complain about everything :p you can never please everyone
    12th Fleet
  • levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    rrincy wrote: »
    well people will complain about everything :p you can never please everyone

Look here's the situation: PvP is DEAD - and it's not going to be fixed no matter what they claim at Cryptic - if you haven't figured out that - just like with the KDF and broken promises - you have not been around the game long enough!

So just like the Vet rewards system - PvP is ending as well - add to that they are a minority - tiny manority of the current game population - Cryptic reasons that they might as well throw them under the bus and make a boatload of money at the same time. Same thing if you start a power creep by making OP ship - just throw the remaining Pvper's under the bus and make all the rest of the players want to keep getting more and more powerful ships - they will envy the other players destructive power against the NPC's and want the ship - and since they will never face off against one another then they are not likely to experience the other emotion - anger. So Envy = good for business. That's how America works.
    edited October 2012
    glad im not american then :rolleyes:
    what you call 'not being around long enough ' i call optimism :p
    as for the OP ship , they dont need to do that , they already did it with the 1k veteran ships ;)
    personally , i do hope they at least attempt to rebalance pvp , since more people will do it if they do
    12th Fleet
    edited October 2012
    glad im not american then :rolleyes:
    what you call 'not being around long enough ' i call optimism :p
    as for the OP ship , they dont need to do that , they already did it with the 1k veteran ships ;)
    personally , i do hope they at least attempt to rebalance pvp , since more people will do it if they do

Well like I said before - we get what we get! And what any of us say or want has no bearing on what they do. If they think the can make another boatload of cash this yearend quarter making the Vesta super OP - they will -even if it means throwing the tiny few pvpers left under the bus.
    edited October 2012
    despite the twitter comments , im still hoping these are innate ship abilities and not several consoles. since the whole point behind the three consoles and ten slots on the odyssey pack was due to its status as a flagship , the vesta is a relative unknown to most fans ( they got away with this for the odyssey since they had the competition and the proto-odyssey released free )
    I cannot really see how cryptic will justify the vesta being a monster of a ship to be honest .

people still seem to take the ship out of context anyway , sayings its an overpowered Mary-sue ship , when in the novels themselves it preforms nowhere near as ' powerfully' as some of the exploits the various enterprises have done ( hell in the aventine's first contact with the borg it loses a third of its crew )
    12th Fleet
  • darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited October 2012
    psiameese wrote: »

That's the unique item which sticks up from the base of the navigational deflector dish. Might the latter function be similar to the cannon on the Galaxy-X with a longer cooldown?

Sounds like a method for detecting Undine, Tholian or Iconian rift activities to me. As well as a counter of some kind against Tyken's Rift and Gravity Well?

Could one of the vesta's console powers be a slipstream jump in normal space? Like the capacity impulse cell, but using the slipstream effect...

Could be interesting.
    edited October 2012
    that'd certainly be interesting
    12th Fleet
  • dkevadkeva Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Sorry for the mini necro here, but is the Vesta going to be Tier 6?
    Im sure I remember some discussion about this a year or so back?
    edited October 2012
    it'll be five , not six
    12th Fleet
    edited October 2012
    it'll be five , not six

That's not good at ALL!! Se7en is my lucky number - T7
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    levi3 wrote: »
    That's not good at ALL!! Se7en is my lucky number - T7

T-1000 it should be

The Vesta would turn into any class in game...and in it's original form would be a metal sphere

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/USS_UberEnterprise

or not :D
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited October 2012
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    T-1000 it should be

The Vesta would turn into any class in game...and in it's original form would be a metal sphere

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/USS_UberEnterprise

or not :D

Yes an it must come with an "I win" console - every enemy is destoyed within 100km when you use the "I win" console

The devs should be resonable and give it at min 1 minute cool-down
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,865 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Cmdr Science
    Lt Cmdr Tac
    Lt Eng
    Lt Tac
    Ens Eng

There uber enough and would make the recon and science retrofit obsolete in one blow!
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • dkevadkeva Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    it'll be five , not six

II really was hoping for 6, but with little mention of a new tier of ships with S7, kinda figured T5. Thanks though :)
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Cmdr Science
    Lt Cmdr Tac
    Lt Eng
    Lt Tac
    Ens Eng

There uber enough and would make the recon and science retrofit obsolete in one blow!

One thing I really do hope they do is usher in a new BOff layout. All that changes on the new ships is the Lt Cmdr slot. It would be great to see the Cmdr slot possibly changing and the lower tiers remaining standard.
    edited October 2012
    the problem with t6 is , that would largely make the t5 stuff obsolete , since it'd have to be a noticeable upgrade to class it as a separate tier entirely
    i suppose if you want to be fussy , you could call the odyssey , fleet ships and lockboxes a pseudo t6
    12th Fleet
  • carl103carl103 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Well there talking about letting us call in our other owned ships at some future point when we get the new admrial rank. I figure T6 will coincide with that, (probs next season), as it no longer matters if they obsolete T5, we'll stil want to use them. but i'd bet on the oddy/Borteas being the first T6's out.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2012
    No need to speculate on how beautiful she it, that's for sure. I just finished a photoshoot for the Vesta and was drooling the whole time. The images will be published in an upcoming Dev Blog and I'm really excited for you to see them.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • l3dz3p85l3dz3p85 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I just finished a photoshoot for the Vesta and was drooling the whole time.

That is a really sad mental picture.
    edited October 2012
    No need to speculate on how beautiful she it, that's for sure. I just finished a photoshoot for the Vesta and was drooling the whole time. The images will be published in an upcoming Dev Blog and I'm really excited for you to see them.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

most of the speculation is on stats :p
    12th Fleet
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    i would be shocked if it didn't have the ody/vet ship station setup, the LTC and ENS universal

COM sci
    LTC uni
    LT tac
    LT eng
    ENS uni
  • caileachcaileach Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I've been saving Zen to get the Vesta, just hope it's 2,500 like most ships. Please don't let it be a three ship thing like the Odyssey and cost 5,000 I can't afford that!
    When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative: violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way.
  • zdfx19zdfx19 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    caileach wrote: »
    I've been saving Zen to get the Vesta, just hope it's 2,500 like most ships. Please don't let it be a three ship thing like the Odyssey and cost 5,000 I can't afford that!

Some how, I figure it will be 2500 Zen for a base model with 9 console slots akin to the way the Regent was handled. A few months after release there will be a fleet version for 500 Zen more by way of a fleet module that adds 10% hull and shileds with one additional console. Milking ships for all they can anymore...
    edited October 2012
    well im not so sure , since geko stated hes been working on three separate and distinct systems for the vesta , im really hoping it isnt a pack , but we'll have to wait and see
    12th Fleet
  • caileachcaileach Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    well im not so sure , since geko stated hes been working on three separate and distinct systems for the vesta , im really hoping it isnt a pack , but we'll have to wait and see
    That's what I read to and had me worried. Hope it's a misunderstanding, but then again why would it have three systems (consoles)?
    When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative: violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way.