What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Re: 29th Century "Relativity" Uniform

Comments

• Options
    xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    nvm seen the previous page, 2 WEEKS! hurry, my poor cpts are running naked in the past! lol
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • Options
    redshirtjohnson#9017 redshirtjohnson Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for the reminder - I just looked into the status on this costume.

It sounds like we'll be able to roll this out very soon. The art is now complete and it just needs to be properly hooked up and run thru the paces by QA.

I'd expect both the Fed and KDF versions to start appearing on the Lobi Store in approximately 2 weeks. That's not a solid guarantee though, only an estimate.

Thanks for the update. looking forward to when they do come out. I'm assuming the KDF version is what's the hold up, as we all know KDF costumes tend to be a pain... thank again and got my lobi burning a hole in my pocket.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I find I'm suddenly curious as to whether there will be Mirror Relativity uniforms since we have Mirror Timeships.

Maybe reversed cut, bare midriff for the women. Sash included and a sideways Terran badge? With Enterprise-style shoulder rank insignia?

I could see it being kitbashed from the standard uniform. Since it's already assymetrical, making a backwards version would look pretty cool and striking.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I find I'm suddenly curious as to whether there will be Mirror Relativity uniforms since we have Mirror Timeships.

Maybe reversed cut, bare midriff for the women. Sash included and a sideways Terran badge? With Enterprise-style shoulder rank insignia?

I could see it being kitbashed from the standard uniform. Since it's already assymetrical, making a backwards version would look pretty cool and striking.

That would be cool to see. I'm just waiting now for these uniforms to come out so I can put them on... 107 boxes opened and 606 lobi saved up...
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    As i said in another Thread, i find it unacceptable that we have to buy them via the Lobi Store and not the Z- store.

It should be account wide and buyable just like all other uniforms.
    Heck it's a Starfleet uniform and not some civilian stuff. :mad:

btw:
    Lobi store annoys me big time lately TBH.

I hope my english is understandable, since most of the time i find it difficult to find the right words in my native language.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    yreodred wrote: »
    As i said in another Thread, i find it unacceptable that we have to buy them via the Lobi Store and not the Z- store.

It should be account wide and buyable just like all other uniforms.
    Heck it's a Starfleet uniform and not some civilian stuff. :mad:

btw:
    Lobi store annoys me big time lately TBH.

I hope my english is understandable, since most of the time i find it difficult to find the right words in my native language.

Trust me, I read you loud and clear, i to hate the fact that this epic costume is in ( well if the ever get around to ever getting it out into game ) the lobi store, but expect to see more and more of this kind of thing, the C-Store is dead the only things you'll see on it are ships, keys and one-shot power ups. the days of account wide unlocks are gone. the mass majority of FTPers only have one or two toons, so there is no reason for cryptic to make such account wide things anymore.

Note to the Devs: I love the game, and it pains me to have to say the things above, but it's the harsh truth. broken promise after broken promise has left a bitter taste in the mouths of your most devoted of players.
  • Options
    ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Just a question for other fans of the uniform but have you thought about which color scheme you'll go with?

I'm torn because I want a crew in the muted versions from the episode "Relativity" and have my colors picked out in advance.

But I really like the "black collar/bright blue/no rank" version Braxton wore in "Future's End."

I may use up two costume slots on this uniform. Kinda hoping we get a sale on costume slots before October ends. I have 10 or so but my fleet likes to have a variety of theme costume slots for fleet runs. (There are fleet uniforms but also a green Enterprise dress and formal wear for ground STF runs.) I have substantially more costumes unlocked than I have space to display.

But whatever happens, I'm tempted to use this one in BOTH canon color schemes.

I'm waiting for the 29th century uniforms too. My Sonic and MLP OCs on DA are also 29th century trek characters, and I would kill to get my hands on the uniforms for STO, especially now that I have both a Wells-Class ship and Aeon-Class shuttle myself (with the Wells-Class wearing the Aeon shuttle's hull color scheme, which makes it look bad-TRIBBLE :D), and am currently saving up for the Mobius Destroyer and the 29th century consoles and ground weapons.

And even if the uniforms are in the lobi store, I'll gladly do up more DA commissions to have money to spend on keys for lock boxes, if it means getting more lobi crystals for the items I want.

I just pray that the 29th century items stay in the store like the one Tholian ship did.
  • Options
    captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Trust me, I read you loud and clear, i to hate the fact that this epic costume is in ( well if the ever get around to ever getting it out into game ) the lobi store, but expect to see more and more of this kind of thing, the C-Store is dead the only things you'll see on it are ships, keys and one-shot power ups. the days of account wide unlocks are gone. the mass majority of FTPers only have one or two toons, so there is no reason for cryptic to make such account wide things anymore.

Note to the Devs: I love the game, and it pains me to have to say the things above, but it's the harsh truth. broken promise after broken promise has left a bitter taste in the mouths of your most devoted of players.

this statement is so damn true. I miss the days where there would be at least 5-10 things added in the C-Store a month. Account or Character wide.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Want to know what's funny? The reason I'm staying away from the Lobi Store is that $%&? character bound. I ain't paying for something I've already bought twice.
  • Options
    methosivanhoemethosivanhoe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    agreed...

i stay as far away from the lobi store as possible... i've got no urge to buy things 3 or 4 times to unlock the same item on different characters on the same account...

if more and more things are added to the lobi store, and the C-store is ignored, in favor of character locked items, then it's just going to stop people using the c-store and lobi store altogether

M
  • Options
    stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ... the C-Store is dead the only things you'll see on it are ships, keys and one-shot power ups. the days of account wide unlocks are gone. the mass majority of FTPers only have one or two toons, so there is no reason for cryptic to make such account wide things anymore.

Unfortunately; what you just stated is the truth. They wanted to work around the old format that was the CStore account wide unlocks, what good way around it and even avoid the issue by introducing a new currency "Lobi Crystals," and a Brand New Specialty Store handle by the ferengi themselves.

So what you stated is indeed the future of "ALL" Future purchases - Also keep in mind that anything new in the CStore will be either "Federation" or "KDF" Vessels and variant uniforms.

Anything different and unique will be placed for single unlock in the LOBI Store. Sad but true.

R.I.P. CStore

Nuff said

MIM
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Well, if all this hyperbole about the C-Store holds up, I can't wait to see what happens when master Keys become Lobi Store only at 125 a pop. ;-)
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Anyone that thinks that the C-store isn't making Scrooge McDuck amounts of money is either deluded or lying to themselves.

Screaming and ranting doom is the purview of this forum it doesn't make anything said here a reality though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    husnock1husnock1 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    While we're on the subject of 29th-century stuff, can we get more Chroniton energy weapons (at the very least Beam Arrays)? They don't have to be tied to a set or anything, and please make them non-unique. I don't care if they're Lobi or D-Store, so long as they're affordable.

I know this is a strange (and off-topic) request, but I just love my Rainbow Beam Bank and I want MOAR! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dan512dan512 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    2 weeks ago a dev said in 2 weeks we would have the temporal uniforms....Where are they? I want my 29th century uniform to go with my phasers and ships.
  • Options
    husnock1husnock1 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Has it been two weeks yet? Not arguing with you (I want them too), just can't remember when that statement was made...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Was made like a wed 2 weeks ago from what i remember. Ive been watching and watching. I think they dont really have them and just made them for that video.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Reposting from the 12th:
    Thanks for the reminder - I just looked into the status on this costume.

It sounds like we'll be able to roll this out very soon. The art is now complete and it just needs to be properly hooked up and run thru the paces by QA.

I'd expect both the Fed and KDF versions to start appearing on the Lobi Store in approximately 2 weeks. That's not a solid guarantee though, only an estimate.

Note: No guarantees. I guess it's next week now.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2012
    We definitely want to get these out to you all but it may need some more time to get through QA. Season 7 is at the top of their priority list at this time (that's not to say that they won't be out before Season 7, it's still on track for that*), but rest assured they will be coming and they are awesome.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

*subject to change, of course
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    We definitely want to get these out to you all but it may need some more time to get through QA. Season 7 is at the top of their priority list at this time (that's not to say that they won't be out before Season 7, it's still on track for that*), but rest assured they will be coming and they are awesome.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I don't know that the feedback was caught in the last thread but since we have Mirror Universe timeships, I'd like to suggest Mirror Universe Relativity uniforms.

The pattern is assymetrical so it would be cool to see them inverted backwards. It probably wouldn't require much if any new modeling. (I know bump baps require modeling.) Just a backwards uniform with a sideways Terran badge and MU skirt and sash included.
  • Options
    wesleycrasherwesleycrasher Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
    All the toys you can't afford.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for the posting on this. Now about that heart of targ ;)

I really want these, i have everything on my sci that i run my wells on, i would love to have the crew in the right uniform, i have 150 lobis ready to go for it and trying hard not to spend them on other lil things i could use. But i REFUSE to buy that 31st century rubber tubing.
  • Options
    captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

you know. for putting so much emphasis on this and all the time its been taking. you might as well just put it in the C-Store instead of the Ripoff that is the Lobi Store.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • Options
    edited October 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Please read with a note of jest and

All I've got to say on the matter is that we're disappointed and upset, it feels like the 29th Century Uniforms where an afterthought and now your trying to play catch up.

why is it that the Crewman Daniels jump suit was even in the cards for this lock box, I understand the idea that it's more like a temporal wet suit then a uniform (possibly with a chameleon circuit function that lets it blend in with what ever garb right for the period ) but in a lock box that's geared so much around the 29th century, and not the 31st, I feel that the Crewman Daniels jump suit should of either A. Been left out entirely and saved for a Temporal Cold War lock box, that featured Enterprise-J as it's ship ( and yes I know the scale of the ship is huge ) or B. Be the costume item that we're waiting for it to get through QA.

:p

you know. for putting so much emphasis on this and all the time its been taking. you might as well just put it in the C-Store instead of the Ripoff that is the Lobi Store.

and I highly agree with this. sure I've got nearly 630LC sitting in my bank just waiting to buy the uniform, but such an (even know limited screen timed seen one) iconic uniform really should be in the C-Store and an account unlock.
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Forgive MY snarkyness, but I respectfully question the priorities.

Things that players would gladly pay extra for NOW are delayed while season seven changes that will infer more dilithium costs/sinks resulting in unwanted zen purchases, (things we don't want), are given priority.

It's mystifying to me. But it's your game to deny the players what they want, in lieu of what they don't.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Yeah, they'll be awesome. Just like Season 7 will be.... yawn

I know that uniform won't bring you a lot of money, but it's still too much work for something people actually looking forward to?

Yes, let's wait another week, it's not like we had something urgent to do with that uniform, or in STO in general. But it would have been a nice gesture to us fans which would have said "hey we are thinking about you guys".
    I mean that uniform won't be for free anyway.

To be honest, i am sick of waiting for something what you call "awesome" to happen, in my experience it will mostly be the exact opposite of awesome. I bet you devs think that, season 7 will be awesome too....

Yeah, keep working on Season 7 instead, and kill that little fun what's left in STO. I wish you good luck with it. :)

I hope you know what happens when a dam breaks.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    You know I ment to ask about this in the last few days. Soo where are these uniforms and why is it taking sooo long to get them out. I mean really? Lets get them out there, all the other goodies are on the lobi store. Cant believe its taking this long for QA to get the passed through.. iam callin shinanigans
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E