test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re: 29th Century "Relativity" Uniform

Comments

• lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,864 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Shouldn't be too much longer, but I don't think they'll be in tomorrow's release, unfortunately. We want to get them out to you all, and as you saw from Tribble, they look amazing, but there are a couple pressing issues/ bugs that need to be resolved first/ are taking priority.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Is there also going to be a klingon set like was talked about before?
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • redshirtjohnson#9017 redshirtjohnson Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Is there also going to be a klingon set like was talked about before?
    lets focus upon one miracle at a time shall we :p
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I wrote santa a letter telling him how badly I want this uniform eather before xmas or on xmas... I wounder if santa will come through
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
    edited November 2012
    So I must ask, are... we.... getting...the... uniforms.... this....thursdays...update.... PLEASEEeeeee :)
    edited November 2012
    WOOHOO TRibble update folks, for the 28th!

-The 29th Century Uniforms, Wells for Fed and Korath for KDF, have been released to the Lobi Store, at the price of 200 Lobi Crystals.

yay FINALLY! REJOICE!
    edited November 2012

-The 29th Century Uniforms, Wells for Fed and Korath for KDF, have been released to the Lobi Store, at the price of 200 Lobi Crystals.

yay FINALLY! REJOICE!

Thanks, and here's hoping we get it. fingers crossed.
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    anyone know what these look like?
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited November 2012

yay FINALLY! REJOICE!
    Rejoice?!? I have to spend 200 Lobi Crystals to unlock the uniform on each of my characters? That's awfully expensive!

What's the cheapest way to even get Lobi?
    anyone know what these look like?
    There's a link in the OP... :rolleyes:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Only 300 million for an outfit, well sign me up for a handful.

That or go buy 5-6 tholian carriers tough call :D
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=6854291#post6854291
    Patch notes: Nov. 30,2012
    The 29th Century Uniforms, Wells for Fed and Korath for KDF, have been released to the Lobi Store, at the price of 200 Lobi Crystals.

Why??? I was going to buy that with Zen when it came out!

Why do they do add all new costumes to the stupid Lobi store? Simple: They can get more money out of us from buying Master Keys to get the crystals than if they had a set price in the Zen store.

Zen store it would cost 550 Zen ($5.50 USD)

If you are really unlucky and get the minimum 4 Lobi Crystals from ever single lock box you open it would go something like this:

200 Crystals needed
    4 Crystals per box = 50 Keys
    10 Key bundle times 5 = (1125 Zen per 10 Key bunle) 5625 Zen
    5625 Zen = $56.25 USD

Granted you are going to get lucky and earn more Lobi Crystals sometimes from some boxes. The $56.25 figure is based on bad luck and gaining the minimum 4 Crystals per box. It may not cost quite that much in keys but the simple fact is: You are going to be paying a lot more to earn Lobi Crystals than what it would cost to just buy the costume in the Zen store.

Shuttles in the Lobi Store cost 300 Crystals, more than a costume. All shuttles/small craft in the Zen store are 500 Zen each; it actually costs LESS Zen than a costume in the C-store and costs MORE in the Lobi store than a costume.

Now for a special full sized starship in the Lobi store you're looking at 800 Crystals each. The $56.25 figure is for a costume that costs 200. Do the math.

Another thing to remember: (To my knowledge) All costumes and ships in the C-store (for Zen) are account wide unlocks. You only have to purchase it once. Everything in the Lobi store is single character only. Which means you need to open boxes on multiple characters (Lobi Crystals are character bound, not account) to purchase the ships/costumes for each character.

So at most with really bad luck on how many Crystals you get from each box, if you have multiple toons you're looking at paying a total max of $56.25 USD PER character just to get a costume. With really good luck you are still looking at paying a lot more for the Lobi Store costume than in the C-store AND you have to do it on multiple characters instead of paying ONCE and having it unlocked permanently for all of them.

Does this make sense? All new costumes lately have been placed in the Lobi store. As well as new ships (Temporal ships/shuttle, Ferengi Shuttiel, etc.), excluding ship bundles such as the Vesta line. :mad:
  • diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think you just answered your own question there. Why? Because profit.

There's a reason the Lobi Crystal Consortium is run by Ferengi, you know. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The Korath uniform is nice and original. The Wells uniform is the same as the other standard uniforms in the game. It doesn't have the same impact, but its due to the fact that creating a 29th Century uniform with more impact would cause another thing for the canonists to complain about.
    edited November 2012
    diotw wrote: »
    I think you just answered your own question there. Why? Because profit.

There's a reason the Lobi Crystal Consortium is run by Ferengi, you know. ;)

Rule of acquisition #69: When TRIBBLE your customers over, make sure to use protection and have great health insurance.
    edited November 2012
    starkaos wrote: »
    The Korath uniform is nice and original. The Wells uniform is the same as the other standard uniforms in the game. It doesn't have the same impact, but its due to the fact that creating a 29th Century uniform with more impact would cause another thing for the canonists to complain about.

I could care less about the nerds that go "omg it's not canon". It's simple: IF IT'S PUT IN THE C-STORE AND NOT CANON, DON'T BUY THE DAMN THING. Nobody is forcing the "canonists" to purchase non canon items and if that is the reason why certain things are put in the Lobi Store, it screws those who care more about enjoying the game then whether or not something is "canon".

Canonists should be classified as a political party. They share the same "our way or the highway" ideology. :P

Edit: If I misunderstood what you were getting at then disregard my response.
    edited November 2012
    Rejoice?!? I have to spend 200 Lobi Crystals to unlock the uniform on each of my characters? That's awfully expensive!

What's the cheapest way to even get Lobi?

There's a link in the OP... :rolleyes:

there is only one way as to get Lobi, that is to open lock boxes... So you have two choices.

A. Buy keys from the Z-Store (buy in packs of ten, they will save you a little zen)

or

B. Buy Keys from the exchange, last time I checked you can get them for a little under 2mil EC.

there is always the off chance that someone will sell the costume pack on the exchange, but Q only knows as to how much they will go for. think anyone who takes the time to get them from the Lobi Store, will use them for themselves before they ever go about selling them on the open market.

needed 200Lc for the Uniform at an adv. of 2mil EC per key and an base line of 4Lc per box, one would brake even somewhere around charging 100mil if my math is right

200/4=50*2,000,000=100,000,000
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I just wish it were an ACCOUNT unlock.

I LIKE the Wells Uniform. Clean lines and a nice official look, would have liked to get it once and have access to it on ALL of my toons.
  • diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I will get this uniform if I manage to get myself a Wells Class. I have an idea for an alt character who would be a Fed Klingon from the future, so I like the idea of him flying the Wells and wearing the 29th century uniform. ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • hylanvahrhylanvahr Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    foundrelic wrote: »
    I just wish it were an ACCOUNT unlock.

I LIKE the Wells Uniform. Clean lines and a nice official look, would have liked to get it once and have access to it on ALL of my toons.

This +1. It's only fair to do so for the people that paid good money (real or otherwise) to get these items. I seriously doubt it would hurt Cryptic's bottom line much to make them account bound. Same should extend to virtually all lobi unlocks, including lockbox starships.

The 29th Century uniforms should absolutely go into the C-(or is it Z-)Store as a tribute to Voyager fans who loved the Relativity episode, and as a little marketing lure to get people to try and grab a Wells from the boxes (do a limited weekend promotion for people who buy the uniform with zen to get a free key to try and get a Wells. Most likely it will fail given the slim odds, so they might be tempted to try again by getting more keys). If not now, then please move it (and the Temporal Jumpsuit) to the C-Store later sometime next year (perhaps when or if the Temporal boxes make a return appearance).
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i once grinded boxes to get the KDF skirt option for 2 of my toons. NEVER again.

if everybody stops buying stuff from lobi store, they would be forced to expand Zen Store.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    As long as people support their pricing policy for whatever reason (I've read people believe that they somehow "help" Star Trek with it) it's not going to change.

If you are paying for playing STO you are doing something wrong! I'm not going to tell you what you should do with your money, but if you spent it on this game don't complain about it afterwards in the forums.

This game feeds on an extremely short-lived business model while it's going down in an hogcart. It doesn't help to support that methinks.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • rgrgeomrgrgeom Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    its the communities fault. dont know how many times ive heard of idiots spending hundred on lockboxes. Seriously if someone started basically throwing money at you for goods that dont even exist in real life wouldn't you milk it. Its basically gambling except you win nothing. theres a good business model and then theres idiots throwing money at you. Who could resist
    Long Live The Empire!
  • nirraminnirramin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Why do they do add all new costumes to the stupid Lobi store?

Because this way I can buy them with EC from the exchange, maybe?:rolleyes:
  • conundrumnsaconundrumnsa Member Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    More TRIBBLE going into the lobi store trying to force us to unlock more of the stupid lockboxes, rather than making them account wide unlocks.

I've spent an embarrassing amount of money on the c-store because I felt I get some value for my money. With the ship lottery in lockboxes and most of the neat trinkets going to the lobi store, I really no longer feel I'm getting value for my dollar.
    edited November 2012
    Yeah or been 600 lobi's :D
  • overthetopsighoverthetopsigh Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If no one buys them then maybe they'll move them over to the C-store, they have to recoup the costs of making the costumes somewhere. Something so popular but makes no sales? Something must be wrong.
  • aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited November 2012
    OP has a point, lobi is very expensive and the items you get are only character unlocks..
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • nirraminnirramin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well... what's "naked greed" for you, is actually better for me:P

As long as people are selling lockbox keys for EC, I don't need any real money transactions to open boxes... or (as I said already) I can just buy outfit box from someone.
  • conundrumnsaconundrumnsa Member Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    nirramin wrote: »
    Well... what's "naked greed" for you, is actually better for me:P

As long as people are selling lockbox keys for EC, I don't need any real money transactions to open boxes... or (as I said already) I can just buy outfit box from someone.

Have fun spending hours farming EC.
  • cletusdeadmancletusdeadman Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I like the Lobi. I like the things they have in there.
    I am done buying items from it as long as the lobi are characater bound and the items are bound on pick up. Specifially, the Tholian set. I can only convert to MK XII on the toon that has the Lobi crystals.
    Disappointed.

I stopped buying lockboxes for Lobi and added this to my short sighted actions list from Cryptic. I wish they would think it through next time.
    edited November 2012
    So 200 lobi's @ 4 per box is 50 boxes @ 1.5 million EC for a key ?

So that's 75,000,000 EC's or buy contraband @ 1000 dil for 100,000 ECs = 750 times x 1000 dil

750,000 dil or 6,637 zen for an outfit ?

That simply cannot be right did I miss a zero

That's what, 2 x 2500 zen ships and 3 outfits from the c-store account wide for that one character locked outfit ?

Seems perfectly reasonable to me