test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re: 29th Century "Relativity" Uniform

redshirtjohnson#9017 redshirtjohnson Member Posts: 136 Arc User
would really like to know what's going on with said uniforms. When can we expect to see them in game?

29th Century "Relativity" Uniform

Edit: Really like these ranks set up 29th Century Rankin
UPDATED:
Thanks for the reminder - I just looked into the status on this costume.

It sounds like we'll be able to roll this out very soon. The art is now complete and it just needs to be properly hooked up and run thru the paces by QA.

I'd expect both the Fed and KDF versions to start appearing on the Lobi Store in approximately 2 weeks. That's not a solid guarantee though, only an estimate.

We definitely want to get these out to you all but it may need some more time to get through QA. Season 7 is at the top of their priority list at this time (that's not to say that they won't be out before Season 7, it's still on track for that*), but rest assured they will be coming and they are awesome.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

*subject to change, of course

Updates on Redshirt are what make it live to Holodeck sooner than Tribble -- Tribble is for testing Season 7, so they should be launching with Season 7.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Post Season 7 Updates

Several bugs were found during QA testing, deeming the outfits unfit for public release. And, due to the ramp-up to Season 7, our artists didn't have sufficient work cycles to get those bugs ironed out, as they were engaged with higher priority tasks (like making New Romulus so awesome, for example).

I can't say for certain what the art team's schedule looks like now that Season 7 is in public hands, so I'll shy away from making any promises on timelines for now. But at least I can offer an explanation.

Shouldn't be too much longer, but I don't think they'll be in tomorrow's release, unfortunately. We want to get them out to you all, and as you saw from Tribble, they look amazing, but there are a couple pressing issues/ bugs that need to be resolved first/ are taking priority.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.25.20121118e.8

[*]The 29th Century Uniforms, Wells for Fed and Korath for KDF, have been released to the Lobi Store, at the price of 200 Lobi Crystals.

[/list]
[/list]

[/LIST]

# 1 Release Notes: November 30, 2012 " The 29th Century Uniforms, Wells for Fed and Korath for KDF, have been released to the Lobi Store, at the price of 200 Lobi Crystals."

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Post edited by redshirtjohnson#9017 on

Comments

• captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    in about 800 years i guess. :P

i would also like to know. im hoping in the next week or so but we' will probably just get 'soon'.
  • captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I would like to know too. I hope it will be C-Store instead of Lobi Store.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • xenor002xenor002 Member Posts: 424
    edited October 2012
    In about 800 years i guess. :P

i would also like to know. im hoping in the next week or so but we' will probably just get 'soon'.

I see what you did there... :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
    I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
    Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I've have a strange feeling we might see them added to the GPL store. Crazy, I admit, but... there you go.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    They already stated that it will enter the Lobi Store eventually. Plans could change though.
  • robertcrayvenrobertcrayven Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    starkaos wrote: »
    They already stated that it will enter the Lobi Store eventually. Plans could change though.

Link please.
    edited October 2012
    Link please.

From the Temporal Lockbox Video.
    Note: The 29th Century Federation Uniform shown in the video, as well as a unique version for the KDF, will be obtainable from the Lobi Store in the near future.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    starkaos wrote: »

Which is disappointing.... If lockboxes had something in the lockbox, something in the lobi store, and something in the C-Store, that would cover all the bases, and in turn make more room for profit.

Or so you'd think.... :(
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hey.

Hey devs.

Hey.

Info on this plz.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Just a question for other fans of the uniform but have you thought about which color scheme you'll go with?

I'm torn because I want a crew in the muted versions from the episode "Relativity" and have my colors picked out in advance.

But I really like the "black collar/bright blue/no rank" version Braxton wore in "Future's End."

I may use up two costume slots on this uniform. Kinda hoping we get a sale on costume slots before October ends. I have 10 or so but my fleet likes to have a variety of theme costume slots for fleet runs. (There are fleet uniforms but also a green Enterprise dress and formal wear for ground STF runs.) I have substantially more costumes unlocked than I have space to display.

But whatever happens, I'm tempted to use this one in BOTH canon color schemes.
    edited October 2012
    I was just going to use my personal color scheme. Red for Tac, gold for Eng, blue for Science, teal for Medical. I think those uniforms will look slick in "modern" colors.
  • redshirtjohnson#9017 redshirtjohnson Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Just a question for other fans of the uniform but have you thought about which color scheme you'll go with?

I'm torn because I want a crew in the muted versions from the episode "Relativity" and have my colors picked out in advance.

But I really like the "black collar/bright blue/no rank" version Braxton wore in "Future's End."

I may use up two costume slots on this uniform. Kinda hoping we get a sale on costume slots before October ends. I have 10 or so but my fleet likes to have a variety of theme costume slots for fleet runs. (There are fleet uniforms but also a green Enterprise dress and formal wear for ground STF runs.) I have substantially more costumes unlocked than I have space to display.

But whatever happens, I'm tempted to use this one in BOTH canon color schemes.

I'm personally going with the Relativity Blackish body and Royal Blue Collar for Command. but as a VA I'm hoping that the White collar trim can be customized so I can make it as near to gold as possible. also hoping they Starfleet Delta / Comm badge is included. I've got nearly 600 LC ( 591 to be exact ) waiting to pick up these if they do in fact come to the lobi store...
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'm personally going with the Relativity Blackish body and Royal Blue Collar for Command. but as a VA I'm hoping that the White collar trim can be customized so I can make it as near to gold as possible. also hoping they Starfleet Delta / Comm badge is included. I've got nearly 600 LC ( 591 to be exact ) waiting to pick up these if they do in fact come to the lobi store...

You think it's possible that the scriptwriters may have figured that the 29th century starfleet may have done away with the "command department" and had a setup similar to STO's 2409 where you just have the tac, sci, and eng departments and anyone can be a captain? In so doing, that would make Braxton a science Captain, commanding a Science Vessel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • bringer0fpaynebringer0fpayne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    most likely will be a cstore uniform me thinks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Picard uses Android, Must have one hell of a Data plan.
    edited October 2012
    You think it's possible that the scriptwriters may have figured that the 29th century starfleet may have done away with the "command department" and had a setup similar to STO's 2409 where you just have the tac, sci, and eng departments and anyone can be a captain? In so doing, that would make Braxton a science Captain, commanding a Science Vessel.

valid points. but as we've only seen a limited screen time for that era, it's hard to nail down a SOP for such things. it's like the new Oddy Uniform from the Fleet Base system, by the name alone it's stated to be the Uniform that the Enterprise F crew should be wearing but, how the division colors are set up, and what not aren't set in stone yet that I know of. and it would be nice to see a starfleet delta / comm badge that went along with it that wasn't the All Good Things one or we could maybe make an argument to use the Future Imperfect fake comm badge, but then again, a never before seen one would be even better.

long post short, the best we know blue is Command / Conn , Red is Engineering and Security and the green is Sci/ Med . but until the other show falls and we're given a CBS final word on it. it's all up in the air.
    edited October 2012

I suppose?

But my feeling is that they wanted command as blue to show the colors had come full circle since TOS but maybe also to show that science and command were the same thing in the future.
    edited October 2012
    I suppose?

But my feeling is that they wanted command as blue to show the colors had come full circle since TOS but maybe also to show that science and command were the same thing in the future.

honestly that's my thinking as well, Command needs be more diplomatic and level headed, and nether red or green really convey that. but I'm sure we'll still have people running around in these uniforms with pink or other crazy colour on them. and say what ever they want as a division... I kind of like this as a kind of spring board http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/dansay/Star%20Trek%20Online%20Photos/25thCentRanks.jpg
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,864 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    would really like to know what's going on with said uniforms. When can we expect to see them in game?

29th Century "Relativity" Uniform

Edit: Really like these ranks set up 29th Century Rankin

Of course, they get a klingon tricorder...but the majority of abilities for the KDF use a standard fed one.
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2012

It sounds like we'll be able to roll this out very soon. The art is now complete and it just needs to be properly hooked up and run thru the paces by QA.

I'd expect both the Fed and KDF versions to start appearing on the Lobi Store in approximately 2 weeks. That's not a solid guarantee though, only an estimate.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The art is now complete

Interesting. So it wasn't completed when SHOWN in it's completed state in the Temporal Lockbox trailer?
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Good thing I reread your post before I replyed, for it was in the second read that I saw there would be a KDF version and I was about to be disapointed AND wrong. LOL

It still brings to mind thou, what is the status of the Tier Marauding uniform?
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
    edited October 2012
    meurik wrote: »
    Interesting. So it wasn't completed when SHOWN in it's completed state in the Temporal Lockbox trailer?

Devs can do all kinds of magic. Might not have been set up with color masks for customization or might refer to the fact that the Klingon versions still needed work.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    meurik wrote: »

Maybe Fed and KDF have different uniforms? We probably just saw a finished or near-finished Fed version in the trailer.
    edited October 2012
    One thing to keep in mind is that whereas older games like WoW or City of Heroes paint textures on for new face bits or costume textures, STO artists create basically movie quality models and then butcher them down to MMO system specs, using the high quality version to create a detailed texture map.

This is why things like Klingon forehead ridges, despite not using polygons, are able to "catch" light on decent graphics cards.

It's possible that they faked butchering the quality down for the video.
    edited October 2012

It was "very soon" like a week ago, too. But I trust you, you seem to be on the ball lately.

Just don't make us ask again this time next month. :P

Any chance you could get us a leak of the KDF equivalent? I'm interested to know if I want to bother with it.

Actually, get Highison to pop in and leak it, if he's still working for you guys. I haven't seen him (in a recognizable form, anyway) in what feels like forever. He was cool. I miss him. :C
    edited October 2012
    jexsamx wrote: »
    It was "very soon" like a week ago, too. But I trust you, you seem to be on the ball lately.

Just don't make us ask again this time next month. :P

Any chance you could get us a leak of the KDF equivalent? I'm interested to know if I want to bother with it.

Actually, get Highison to pop in and leak it, if he's still working for you guys. I haven't seen him (in a recognizable form, anyway) in what feels like forever. He was cool. I miss him. :C

I believe he's been on Neverwinter for almost six months and everything since then has been the new guy. The new guy does good work though.
    edited October 2012
    I believe he's been on Neverwinter for almost six months and everything since then has been the new guy. The new guy does good work though.

Ahh. That'd explain it.

And yeah, new guy's kind of a badass, too.

Hope he shows up at the winter event this year, I wanna headbutt him like I did Highison.

*goes to dig out his list of People to Headbutt/Have Been Headbutted In-Game*

*mumbles* I will never forgive myself for missing Logan...
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012

hrm... this sounds familiar, have I heard this before? Oh, right...
    jheinig wrote: »
    I have the necessary tech, and I'll hook it up as soon as the costumes are ready.
    jheinig wrote: »
    No, it wil go to Qa for testing when the costumes are completed.

J/K... That was from 7 months ago about the 700-day Android costume options. I'm pretty sure production places Lobi store costumes much higher on the art team's priority list than side projects. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
    edited October 2012
    Who knows whats left with the 700 day android options. Only good thing in my opinion about the new lifetime benefit is more people wanting the 700 day android options.
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    nvm seen the previous page, 2 WEEKS! hurry, my poor cpts are running naked in the past! lol
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E