Your in the minority then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kandorouskandorous Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Your in the minority then.

Er.. I was unaware you had those details, but okay.... :(
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Several people that have looked at the system have mentioned that the pricing looks pretty achievable. They would be correct. This system was designed to be relatively painless, and was based on actual data draws of the daily currency earn rate of the average player then only a fraction of that.

For a peak at the future, running two T5 xp projects will cost 8k dilithium total. So we're asking for 8k dilithium every 40 hours at the very top end, not too bad.

Gear will cost more in line with the dilithium store as far as dilithium costs go, but for actually progressing through the system and earning the captain powers its very very achievable.

Painless?!?

As I already pointed this adds a fourth grind on top of Dilithium Daily grinding, STF grinding, and Fleet grinding. Trust me, it's extremely painful. Especially when you have to do this for multiple characters.

Not to mention those who been working MONTHS to get those Elite STF Sets, now get a massive middle finger in telling them they have to wait more months to unlock those sets, and on top of it having to pay with it in Dilithium for not only the projects but the set itself.

If this is painless, then it's the type of pain you get when you're in shock.

I'm here to have fun, NOT here to work.
  • mellestadstomellestadsto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Maybe you should add some way to get dilithium from the fleet events. TRIBBLE and fleet events are all I do in the game, and it means when I need dilithium I have to specifically go grind for it, and it feels like a grind.

Honestly, why not have dilithium attached to everything in game? The point is to get people playing, right? Why does it matter what we play as long as we're spending time in game?
  • mellestadstomellestadsto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I don't usually complain, but even with S6 I notice the best ways to get currency are not the ways I actually enjoy playing the game. I hope S7 isn't just another push in that direction. We'll see I guess.
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Several people that have looked at the system have mentioned that the pricing looks pretty achievable. They would be correct. This system was designed to be relatively painless, and was based on actual data draws of the daily currency earn rate of the average player then only a fraction of that.

For a peak at the future, running two T5 xp projects will cost 8k dilithium total. So we're asking for 8k dilithium every 40 hours at the very top end, not too bad.

Gear will cost more in line with the dilithium store as far as dilithium costs go, but for actually progressing through the system and earning the captain powers its very very achievable.

Yes, sure, add those 8k dilitihum x2 (Romulan and Omega) to the base grind and now the Embassy holding grind. ?And all that for what? ?For something that is useless or we already have?

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • ocp001ocp001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Can we add a method to buy reputation just like real life? I'm so tired of grinding currencies for a game that doesn't have any arcing story content to use it in.
  • squishkinsquishkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012

This wouldn't be a huge issue except that, at the moment, STFs no longer reward dilithium. Sure you can get an Elite Omega Mark for Elite STFs...which Borticus said will trade in at about 3/1000 dilithium. That cuts the rate of dilithium from Elite STFs to a third. That's burning the candle at both ends.

If you must remove the dilithium and attach it to Omega marks, then no more than 1 Mark per 1000 ore. Of course, I don't see why, given that the Reputation system will pull more dilithium out of the system, you couldn't just leave the STF dilithium rewards the way they were.
  • ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This system was designed to be relatively painless, and was based on actual data draws of the daily currency earn rate of the average player then only a fraction of that.

Did you take into consideration that you are also severely diminishing source of our dilithium at the same time as you add these costs?

So our "daily currency earn rate" is about to lose a currency flow.

You're removing a source of dilithium, adding dilithium costs to progess in the system where there were none and then adding a dilithium cost to the gear itself.

On top of this, the very first Omega tier project has 40 hour timer.

How many walls do you really think we need in any given system?

There is no aspect at this moment of the new system that seems a net positive improvement in the player experience.

I'd be more interested in the captain abilities if we weren't facing yet another time wall and multi-layered dilithium tax.

You're also not engendering any good will by continuing to withhold the conversion rates that are highly unlikely to be in our favor.

You have several new types of marks and content you want us to grind but the rewards for doing so are largely awful* - our dilithium currency in is now being relegated to the handful of solo dailies.

*Seriously, take a second look at the Fleet Events aside from not rewarding anything except for Fleet Marks you can't even get any decent drops to vendor or put on the exchange most of the time.
  • turbommx1turbommx1 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Is there a way to convert your edc's borg tech and salvage into omega marks at all? Or is there going to be?
  • oracle54oracle54 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    squishkin wrote: »
    This wouldn't be a huge issue except that, at the moment, STFs no longer reward dilithium.
    They've said that thats an error.

What I want to know is if theres a way for the accolades for getting the optionals to reward reputation points
  • salamiinfernosalamiinferno Member Posts: 159 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2012
    turbommx1 wrote: »
    Is there a way to convert your edc's borg tech and salvage into omega marks at all? Or is there going to be?

There will be a conversion that will be announced later.

We are returning dilithium to straight STF play, as well as allowing people to convert elite marks into dilithium.

More ways to earn dilithium are potentially coming soon as well...stay tuned.
  • squishkinsquishkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    oracle54 wrote: »
    They've said that thats an error.

What I want to know is if theres a way for the accolades for getting the optionals to reward reputation points

Fair enough. And in this vein..

We are returning dilithium to straight STF play, as well as allowing people to convert elite marks into dilithium.

Hypothetically, what will happen when people finish T5 reputation and are still earning regular Omega Marks? Perhaps a solution is to create a Reputation project (even if it is just a T5 project) which allows you to grind Marks into dilithium (much like the old system of converting EDCs and whatnot into dilithium).
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012

That's fine. I think I can live with that.

You lost me there. The prices in the dilithium store are ridiculous. It's far easier to get similar stuff from the exchange right now.

The current STF stores are 2k for an item. Why on earth would you increase that by 5 or 10? That's the same equipment. It's not worse, not even better. Please keep in mind that you want this system to be "achievable". Or at least keep a random loot system so that we can still get the stuff from the existing stores.

I'mnot saying we should get cheap set parts for our boffs but at least the very first set a player gets should be as cheap as the existing ones, and the weaponry should cost 2k too, otherwise a ship would cost insane amounts of dilithium to stuff.

If prices are "on par" with the dil store a full ship equipement would cost 100k dil or so. That's far from being "achievable" and that's far from the 6 to 8 proto borg salvages it costs now.

These stores are in no way player-friendly. The current STF stores are. Why would you change that?
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yes, sure, add those 8k dilitihum x2 (Romulan and Omega) to the base grind and now the Embassy holding grind. ?And all that for what? ?For something that is useless or we already have?

There's now also the dilithium cost added for the common free Starfleet Academy recruitment Duty Officer packs too. I'd very much like them to tell us exactly what is considered "average" by this games player base in terms of dilithium acquisition.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • kandorouskandorous Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    amosov78 wrote: »
    There's now also the dilithium cost added for the common free Starfleet Academy recruitment Duty Officer packs too. I'd very much like them to tell us exactly what is considered "average" by this games player base in terms of dilithium acquisition.

Okay... that's super lame.
    edited October 2012

Will it give players who have been playing STFs and have large stockpiles of current STF currency enough time to react and plan?

Are elite marks into dilithium going to be equivalent to converting EDCs or Salvage into Dilithium?

I'm assuming one MK XII [Borg] weapon at dilithium store price, the cost for 1 [Borg] Weapon will roughly take 20 STF runs assuming an Elite STF Dil reward of 1100.

To outfit a cruiser with 8 borg weapons will take 160 runs.

Is that a close estimate?
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Salmini, mate, regardless of the resource amounts, we dont want to grind for them things in this fashion. We dont mind so much if its a reward for doing a mission or a series of missions like stf cure, infected and ka. But this fleet system converted to a player system will not work, no one wants it no one will do it. We arnt easterners.

Take this feedback to your bosses and tell em to think up somit else that involved gameplay not work. We want to earn things a fun way through missions or gameplay not through systems of grind. This is not what should be in a game.

So, you're saying you never saved EDCs, or converted salvage for set pieces you already had into items or Dilithium under the (now defunct on Tribble) old STF system? Effectively, both systems were/are 'grinds'.

The only thing new is there's no longer any random 'jackpot' per se (and time will tell if that's a better change in the general playerbase's eyes or not. The unlucky folks will no longer be randomly grinding STFs for the hope of that 'jackpot'. Now they'll know beforehand how many runs they'll need, etc; and can work toward a piece of gear knowing that in the end; they'll be sure to attain what they want.

Again, not saying it's a better or worse system yet (And for folks who liked the thrill of seeing what was in the bag at the end, and got lucky in the past they will probably not like the new setup. However, the players who've run 66+ STFs and not seen the item they want drop, will have a different perspective.)

Time will tell. It's certainly a major depature from most end-game/raid style loot mechanics like EQ and WoW.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • koltorockoltoroc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012

You have an interesting definition of painless. A grind over weeks or probably months to get the same gear that right now is only an STF and a bit of Luck away, and additionally stacking a dilithium tax on top of it where previously it was a potential net source of it is not painless. Calling it painless is exceptionally daft.

Mind, If it were an ADDITIONAL system, on top of the current STF system with NEW sets and I mean new as in newly made, not recycled and/or renamed probably nobody would mind as much. Gating gear readily available now in that way is just plain insulting.

Not too bad under the assumption it would be for new content, but to unlock stuff that is available RIGHT NOW without any of these taxes is just again plain insulting

And here it comes. THAT is the main part of all of that. the rather easy to acquire equipment from the omega store is the main thing, isn't it?

Why do people not like the dilithium store? to expensive compared to borg weapons.

Why don't they like the fleet weapons? to expensive compared to the borg weapons.

So, the solution is not to make the dilithium and fleet store equipment more appealing, instead you gate and charge for previously free equipment.

As many other poster in various threads today already mentioned, monetization going berzerk.

You know, with that last piece of information you confirmed my suspicions that the whole system is not about accessibility, but purely for monetization and/or as a resource sink in addition to cutting off a significant income strain.

Same with the embassy, or the changes to the doff recruitment and grinder. Its price gouging nothing else, an attempt to bleed the playerbase dry.

But, you know what? My answer to this grind is simple: I won't. Indeed, If the changes go live like that I'm out of STO. What you do is turning something that used to be a game into a job as an accountant. I won't have any of that. I will reserve final jusgement until the final build is shown, but If there are not substantial changes to all of that thats it for me.

You have NO IDEA how much I now regret getting LTS during the last sale But even that won't hold me in a game that is purely about grind, grind to pay, pay to grind and then again on top of all the grind getting charged again. Oh and I almost forgot your shady gambling boxes, I hate with a passion too...

But one thing is certain, outside of STO I will NEVER touch anything with the Perfect World or cryptic label on it. ever.
  • obsidiusrexobsidiusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012

That's fine and dandy, but if you introduce MORE ways to earn dilithium into the game, and introducing more ways to spend it, you're devaluing the currency overall. What will 1000 Dilithium be worth if one can has to choose between DOFFs, non-Rep gear, Rep gear, starbase assignments, the Zen Exchange, etc, etc.?

I guess that perhaps PWE thinks the RL value of Dilithium is costing them money, so they want to make more ways to spend Dilithium; in that way, people will need more of it, so they'll either have to spend most of their play time earning it, or buy Zen and then convert it to Dilithium. You'll need quite a bit of it to purchase exactly everything you want in game, between everything I mentioned above (and some things I have probably forgotten). It might turn into the equivalent of a loaf of bread costing $100. Certainly, this is a slippery slope argument, but it does truly seem to me that PWE is trying to devalue Dilithium in general by making many things in the game require it for their purchase.

I await the results of further testing by people who probably know better than I, but I'me currently cautiously pessimistic on how this will all end up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
    And remember to follow the rules.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    So, you're saying you never saved EDCs, or converted salvage for set pieces you already had into items or Dilithium under the (now defunct on Tribble) old STF system? Effectively, both systems were/are 'grinds'.

The only thing new is there's no longer any random 'jackpot' per se (and time will tell if that's a better change in the general playerbase's eyes or not. The unlucky folks will no longer be randomly grinding STFs for the hope of that 'jackpot'. Now they'll know beforehand how many runs they'll need, etc; and can work toward a piece of gear knowing that in the end; they'll be sure to attain what they want.

Again, not saying it's a better or worse system yet (And for folks who liked the thrill of seeing what was in the bag at the end, and got lucky in the past they will probably not like the new setup. However, the players who've run 66+ STFs and not seen the item they want drop, will have a different perspective.)

Time will tell. It's certainly a major depature from most end-game/raid style loot mechanics like EQ and WoW.

It's fair if this was brand new for everyone.

But those of us who been working hard since December and yet to unlock Elite Sets for our characters, will have to start all over again. And that is far from fair. Even if Salami has a conversion for EDCs and Salvage, it will take months more work and resources to get to Tier 5 to unlock it.

So basically Cryptic just spit in our faces.

Then adding insult to injury, we now have to pay with Dilithium we no longer have, because of those stupid Starbase Projects left us bankrupt. Which means 0 progress.
  • darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited October 2012
    I was under the impression (by what you devs have said) that the new rep system and the marks you earn for it would be earn-able from all Romulan, Borg and Undine story missions.
    So why is it only the grind mission are the ones that you can earn them in?

I also tried running Frozen from the Romulan FE series that the patchnotes say would reward Romulan marks. Guess what, no marks...

I just wont bother if the only way to progress is to grind like a job....
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    great i am already completely tapped out with the damn starbase now i have to get even more doffs and more dill? the hell?

really can we just have the old mission grind back as random loot drops
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    here is a question for cryptic : was it your intention to make the personal rep system feel like the fleet/grind system ? .

1 day 16 hours per part seems a little on the high side tbh for just 800 points towards teir 1 , from what i have played tonight on tribble i think if nothing changes i will be looking else where for fun gaming . well when my subs run out anyways :) , seems i have wasted the past 70 days subbed if this is the shape of things to come
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • trenttylertrenttyler Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I think this so called Rep system is far from what most people are thinking of. This is just another huge dilithium sink, with less rewards than the current ESTF system.

This reminds me of the horrible launch of the new improved crafting system and we all know how well that went for crafting.

Cryptic needs to realize not every player is sitting on 500million EC and 1mil refined dilithium. Imho, this is going to do more harm than good.
    edited October 2012
    dilthium shortage is stopping my fleet from finishing teir2 com array and now they want more :o , i have spent enough on fleet stuff (zen to dilithium) so much so i am ready for chucking in the towel
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    As the devs will keep reminding us, we won't lose the sets we already have. We also won't have to grind endlessly for that one lucky drop.

No more getting wiped by armek repeatedly only to find, yet again, that there's no prototype Borg weapon drop. Finally, once you do reach T5, you'll be able to get all the omega and MACO space and ground set equipment at the same time (if you have the dilithium). Not only is that fairer, it's less exhausting AND less grindy.

Personally I think its a good change, as long as the higher rep tier projects don't reward less XP. If they do, that WILL TRIBBLE me off.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    edited October 2012
    if you already have the mk xii space gear like me will most carry on grinding for more ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited October 2012
    Are the Borg weapons and kits I'n the STF store
    Being upgraded ?

The Maco and omega space upgraded ?

I see the Khg space set will get 25% bonus
    Torpedo damage and will get beam attacks
    On the battlecloak along with enhanced torps

And a 15% decloaking bonus too I believe

Time to try out the Kdf looks like there going to
    Be the fun faction to play
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
    edited October 2012
    orondis wrote: »
    As the devs will keep reminding us, we won't lose the sets we already have. We also won't have to grind endlessly for that one lucky drop.

No more getting wiped by armek repeatedly only to find, yet again, that there's no prototype Borg weapon drop. Finally, once you do reach T5, you'll be able to get all the omega and MACO space and ground set equipment at the same time (if you have the dilithium). Not only is that fairer, it's less exhausting AND less grindy.

How is now having to grind marks, and grind dilithium and have less sources and more sinks of dilithium less grindy?

You're going to need to run roughly 160 Elite STFs (or grind out 160k ish dilithium in another fashion) to be able to buy 8 [Borg] Weapons in the new store - but only after you grind out the reputation first.

It's not less grindy
    , it's just deterministic as opposed to random.