Install Arc

Official Reputation System Feedback Thread

Comments

• weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Alternatively:

Omega Force Introduction Cutscene
    T0 to T1: Infected (Normal)
    T1 to T2: Infected (Elite), The Cure (Normal)
    Infected Outro/The Cure Intro Cutscene
    T2 to T3: The Cure (Elite), Khitomer Accord (Normal)
    The Cure Outro/Khitomer Accord Intro Cutscene
    T3 to T4: Khitomer Accord (Elite)
    Khitomer Accord Outro/Into the Hive Intro Cutscene
    T4 to T5: Into the Hive (Normal)
    T5: Into the Hive (Elite)
    Into the Hive Outro Cutscene "The Fate of the Collective"

Maybe with side missions and dailies you could do in the STFs. Things like: Get Assimilated in an STF. Defeat one of the Borg bosses. Kill 25 Borg. Destroy 10 Interlink nodes. With a little grab bag reward.

This is something I realised this system is intended to do - and in my opinion another bad idea - supposing I don't want to grind the Romulan rep system but I do want to play one of the Romulan missions teamed with some friends - oh, guess I can't - not unless I pony up the Dilithium, Doffs, commodities and time.
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • daniela1055daniela1055 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Where in the world did you get the idea that people would need to spend 4k dil on rep? It's nowhere close to that expensive.
    For a peek at the future, running two T5 xp projects will cost 8k dilithium total. So we're asking for 8k dilithium every 40 hours at the very top end, not too bad.

2 Jobs at Omega Rep., 2 Jobs at Romulan Rep. each cost 8k/40 hrs. = 16k/40 hrs. = 8k/20 hrs. = 4k/Day per Rep.
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    2 Jobs at Omega Rep., 2 Jobs at Romulan Rep. each cost 8k/40 hrs. = 16k/40 hrs. = 8k/20 hrs. = 4k/Day per Rep.
    And considering that's for T5... You are looking at a much lower figure averaged across the full progression period, which itself has a definitive end.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    enkemen wrote: »
    I'm a student with a part-time job, so spending for dil is difficult at best and impossible at worst..

Same here...
    dcblackman wrote: »
    I know your New Owner now wants to put a lot of Grinds there, bacause it is the Way there market works. from where thay are. And I do not like Grind fest, so do most people I know. I have quited several of these games because of the insane Grind, and now it comes to STO the game I suported and loved since launch.

I left PWI over this kind of thing and was greatly saddened when I heard Perfect World bought Cryptic because I knew that one day that would drive me away from STO, that day has arrived.
    It's 8k for 2 (4k each) and take 40 hours, which is OVER 3 days.

Wait! What? 40 hours is over 3 days? Since when? Last I recall a day was 24 hours. 40/24 = 1.66 so LESS than 2 days NOT more than 3.
  • daniela1055daniela1055 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    walshicus wrote: »
    And considering that's for T5... You are looking at a much lower figure averaged across the full progression period, which itself has a definitive end.

Alltogether exactly 100.000 Dilithium till you unlocked T5 and are allowed to pay 36.000 Dilithium per MK XII item.

So for your first full set of MK XII Maco/Omega/Honor Guard set you have to pay 208.000 Dilithium, for every additional MK XII set another 108.000 Dilithium.

Let's say you wan't one ground and one space set then you have to pay 316.000 Dilithium = 39.5 days of boring grinding only for the Dilithium (at 8.000/Day), plus the long cooldowns of all Reputation jobs plus the needed DOff's and commodities needed for these jobs - plus the new extremely inflated DOff grinding Dilithium costs.
  • palpha2clearancepalpha2clearance Member Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    reputation is how others view you, earning anything should be through normal storyline replay or progression, that would inturn reward reputation and currency.

We do not need another sink or grind in this game, we love star bases, but do not like the system to progress them. Thus the Reputation System, needs to incorporate fun game play and rewards, not another grind or currency sink. This game is supposed to a fun relaxing experience, not another stress filled job.

I and many play this game to relax and have fun......i think someone is missing that point with all these "systems"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Look like the only think Cryptic is doing Grind System, Grind Missions and nothing else were are the prommised Story Missions.
    Bridger.png
  • hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    So is anyone else noticing that the Normal ITH gives no Omega marks?

Also Defera missions and Red Alerts aren't giving Omega marks either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    not been turned on yet. the bog and undine story missions do not give marks yet either
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    bridgern wrote: »
    Look like the only think Cryptic is doing Grind System, Grind Missions and nothing else were are the prommised Story Missions.
    It's an MMO. grind is part of life....

Wait for it.... Season 7 isn't done yet.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Grind may be a part of (most) MMOs, but it doesn't need to be.

As for Season 7... Well, it ain't done yet, but if released using similar systems and values to what we are currently seeing on Tribble, Season 7 will be the end of STO. In a way, I guess that follows traditional Trek on TV, which never lasted more than 7 seasons.
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • broadnaxbroadnax Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited October 2012

That's a meaningless argument. I play both LOTRO and the soon to close CoH and have never felt the need to "grind" anything, although you certainly can if you choose to.

In LOTRO, I level traits, reputation, legendary weapons, etc., through normal gameplay (i.e., running quests and storyline missions). I never go out on the landscape and kill mobs just to gain kill traits and such. I don't have to. It might take a little longer to level up said traits, but it doesn't hurt my character any.

In CoH, I never felt the need to grind anything, ever.

Both LOTRO and CoH have a wealth of storyline content. LOTRO adds new quests and storylines several times a year, both in new and existing regions.

Do I expect some mindless, hamster wheel grind in an MMO? Yes -- but only some. If it is the focal point of the game, then the game ceases to be worth my time and money. I play games for action, immersion, and entertainment, not as a second job.
  • ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    broadnax wrote: »
    That's a meaningless argument. I play both LOTRO and the soon to close CoH and have never felt the need to "grind" anything, although you certainly can if you choose to.

In LOTRO, I level traits, reputation, legendary weapons, etc., through normal gameplay (i.e., running quests and storyline missions). I never go out on the landscape and kill mobs just to gain kill traits and such. I don't have to. It might take a little longer to level up said traits, but it doesn't hurt my character any.

Both LOTRO and CoH have a wealth of storyline content. LOTRO adds new quests and storylines several times a year, both in new and existing regions.

Do I expect some mindless, hamster wheel grind in an MMO? Yes -- but only some. If it is the focal point of the game, then the game ceases to be worth my time and money. I play games for action, immersion, and entertainment, not as a second job.

Agreed.

Some posters just want to apologize for everything, rampantly spamming every thread available to say how wonderful it is.

Cryptic continues to just add new systems, new ships and new stuff to buy but with no really engaging content to use any of that stuff in.

We're getting a new Reputation system for STFs but only 1 new STF!

I'm hoping that the Romulan content will at least be enjoyable and not the story-less, big empty room shooting galleries that the Fleet Events are.
  • bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    And we can't even use our ships in it.
    Bridger.png
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    broadnax wrote: »

Grind exists in CoH. Want to get the best powers in City of Heroes, then you need to do countless incarnate raids to craft the best powers. If you are doing F2P, then that grind doesn't exist.
    edited October 2012
    starkaos wrote: »
    Grind exists in CoH. Want to get the best powers in City of Heroes, then you need to do countless incarnate raids to craft the best powers. If you are doing F2P, then that grind doesn't exist.

I didn't say it didn't exist, just that it's not necessary. A lot of CoH players including myself have never touched incarnate content and felt no need to.

That's the point. Having grind is okay *as one optional playstyle component*. But if the bulk of the game becomes heavy grind, it ceases to be a game. It ceases to be fun.
    edited October 2012
    I'm hoping that the Romulan content will at least be enjoyable and not the story-less, big empty room shooting galleries that the Fleet Events are.

This. More immersive content is what I'm hoping for.

Reputation systems and such are okay for side games. I like how LOTRO gives rep for doing quests for each faction, but these are mostly encapsulated by storylines, not just dailies. Can you gain more rep doing some daily or landscape hunting? Sure, but it's not required.

Now if the Romulan content works like that, it will be nice.
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    We will get Omega marks for Red Alerts?! :eek:
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Azure nebula and the vault ensared are similar to the current fleet queues and will soon get old. Mine trap is somewhat better, it offers a more interesting game experience, and honnestly it's funny. I think we can reasonabily hope that the new romulan adventure zone and missions are more immersive. That's what we were promised and it could be really interesting.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • dcblackmandcblackman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    meurik wrote: »
    Grind may be a part of (most) MMOs, but it doesn't need to be.

As for Season 7... Well, it ain't done yet, but if released using similar systems and values to what we are currently seeing on Tribble, Season 7 will be the end of STO. In a way, I guess that follows traditional Trek on TV, which never lasted more than 7 seasons.

Some Grind is OK, but not every part of endgame being a Grind, that is just SICK.

To often I heard this feature X is the end of STO, but it never was.

Conspiracy Theory: There are low cost and low grinds if you are a PvP Lover, so gating STFs PvE Content is an Attempt to help PvP

Just my two Energy Credits
  • darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited October 2012
    We will get Omega marks for Red Alerts?! :eek:

Yes, as well as other missions...
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    yup the borg and undine story missions will give omega marks and some romulan missions will give romulan marks.
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
    edited October 2012

Me too, the devs said that Season 7 was all about "story". So far though, I have yet to see anything remotely about story, and the blogs do not count because you cannot play the blog ;)
    edited October 2012
    gpgtx wrote: »
    yup the borg and undine story missions will give omega marks and some romulan missions will give romulan marks.

The only Romulan story missions that have them attached is the Featured Series.

Although there could be more that they have not told us about yet...
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    nice to see the mods/admins deleting posts , but why was my question deleted ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I for one am glad to see a joint outpost for Romulans AND Remans who are trying to put aside the past and work together towards a better future. I also think it's brilliant how the Feds and KDF are having to work for their allegiance.

I think one thing KDF players who insist that this isn't what "Klingons" would do are forgetting is that the same thing was said in Star Trek 6 about a Fed KDF peace and then we had TNG, DS9 and Voy in which Feds and KDF WERE allies.

I think another thing KDF nay sayers are forgetting is that Klingons are NOT stupid. Trying to conquer the Romulan empire by force the first time didn't work, I think they would be more likely to try a new strategy, especially since KDF resources are already spread thin enough between fights w/ the Feds, Borg, Breen, Trueway, Iconians, Tholians and Undine. Why make yet another enemy when you can have a willing ally?

Let's also not forget that the KDF and Romulans have put aside their differences in the past to work together. During TOS they shared technology, during DS9 they were allies against the Dominion and during the first 6 movies there seemed to be an uneasy truce between them.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    wilv wrote: »
    I for one am glad to see a joint outpost for Romulans AND Remans who are trying to put aside the past and work together towards a better future. I also think it's brilliant how the Feds and KDF are having to work for their allegiance.

I think one thing KDF players who insist that this isn't what "Klingons" would do are forgetting is that the same thing was said in Star Trek 6 about a Fed KDF peace and then we had TNG, DS9 and Voy in which Feds and KDF WERE allies.

I think another thing KDF nay sayers are forgetting is that Klingons are NOT stupid. Trying to conquer the Romulan empire by force the first time didn't work, I think they would be more likely to try a new strategy, especially since KDF resources are already spread thin enough between fights w/ the Feds, Borg, Breen, Trueway, Iconians, Tholians and Undine. Why make yet another enemy when you can have a willing ally?

Let's also not forget that the KDF and Romulans have put aside their differences in the past to work together. During TOS they shared technology, during DS9 they were allies against the Dominion and during the first 6 movies there seemed to be an uneasy truce between them.
    Adding to that, the hatred between KDF and RSE seems to be due to the behaviour of the Romulans during the years between the end of TOS and TNG. The KDF started hating the Romulans because of the Khitomer massacre.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Can we choose what marks we want to get at the end of a mission? Because it allows us to play through all content and still get the rep we want to focus on.

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    dcblackman wrote: »
    To often I heard this feature X is the end of STO, but it never was.

It may not be the end of STO, but as far as I am concerned, I will never play another PWE game again (and if a game I play gets bought out by them like STO was I will quit playing right then, I have learned my lesson)
  • blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1. The reputation should refect your actions so its honest.
    2. Fact Elite Mark(s) will be given out for every succesfull Elite STF you finish.

These Elite Marks should have two flavors Space and Ground.
    So you have to run X amount space or ground missions to buy space or ground gear.

All Im saying
    1. You should have to do ground missions to buy ground gear.
    2. You should have to do space missions to buy space gear.

What I see happening is people playing Infected Space X amount of times and the buying both Space and Ground Gear.

Missions are always fun when you get rewards.
    A loop hole that allows you to get rewards via space mission for ground gear is not rewarding.
    download.jpg