test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ask Cryptic: September 2012

Comments

• taergontaergon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Disappointed with the amount of deluded people voting for playable Romulans. I expect what people want out of this is a whole faction with content from 1-50 fully fleshed out. This is not going to happen, not with a year devoted to this goal could it happen.

At the same time something like an exploration revamp, which is a viable goal for a new game system (say on the scale of the DoFF system or Starbase system) to be implemented in a season, gets ignored.

Wasted votes. -.-
  • moo8emoo8e Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    syberghost wrote: »
    Better Exploration is going to help you retain users in between content updates. Even if people don't vote for that, making it more worthwhile will benefit the bottom line after the "new" wears off of each content release.

nynik wrote: »
    This was my personal reasoning for casting my vote on Exploration despite knowing full well that it would fall largely behind other topical features. All free to play games function by drawing players back each content release (or they try to at least). But added staying power post releases should be a key goal.

I voted Exploration for this same reason.
  • aurigas7aurigas7 Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    While I would love playable Romulans, the idea to release them as seperate faction is plain stupid.
    The Scimitar is a Reman design, no idea why Cryptic gave them to Romulans.
    The Romulan ships I know of are the TOS warbird, the mimic drone from ENT, a shuttle, a science vessel, the Norexan and the D'Deridex.
    So, it's either a mini faction restricted to level 40-50 or it's gonna be Warbird Mk I till Mk V.
    And even then, it's kinda boring. Which playable content would this bring ? A new planet + spacedock as social zone, at best a hand full of storyline missions and then grinding STF with a new ship.
    Now die hard fans will tell me I should use my imagination. Yeah, sure. Cryptic will release 20+ new ship designs and 30 new storyline missions. Ah yes, that's going to happen. :cool:

Realistic scenario: Sela is gone, Romulan civil war starts. Ja'rod kills J'mpok, claiming the leadership of the high council for the house of Duras.
    There you have it. Alliance with one of the factions in the Romulan civil war. They don't like the idea of serving the Iconians, and see those who do as traitors, yada yada.

Long story short: Give the Romulans to the KDF, dump that Orion muppet J'mpok.

Oh yeah, I voted for more KDF content. Two birds with one stone and all that. I rather have 2 complete factions than Feds plus two incomplete TRIBBLE factions.
    Vorcha_forward.jpg
  • kadieraskadieras Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    LOL as any Romulan fan would know they have more then 3 to 4 ships in cannon. And while you might find a pure romulan faction terribly boring with no diversity I find that point hilarious. The RSE went to great pains to present a completely homogenous appearance to outsiders so a diverse RSE in game would be completely counter to the IP. A pure RSE would not be boring. It would be glorious!
    rrincy wrote: »
    like trek21 said , sela allied herself with them , and seeing as she took over the leadership of the romulans before she got whisked off to places unknown by the iconians , they're allies of a sort.

a pure romulan only faction would be terribly boring and have no diversity whatsoever

plus you need to realise that even adding the ship designs in game they have what , 3 ? 4 ships total ?
    theres the bird of prey , mogai and d'deridex ( not really counting the scimitar since that'd be stupidly overpowered as a playable unit , or if it was , dumbed down to hell )
    would you really be happy with that as a faction ?
    even IF they did them as a third faction and not just a playable race for the UFP or KDF , they would need other races adding as another allied force , there simply isnt enough diversity with the romulans alone
    Like the Romulan Alliance System? Of course you do, it sounds fine to you because you aren't Romulans, you're FED or KDF who are going to make a Romulan alt, it makes a HUGE difference in perspective.
  • kilemorgankilemorgan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I don't like to be negative about others wishes but I have a hard time seeing a Borg faction.
    To me it seems you would be a drone. You would be off when not needed, and when on you would do exactly what you were told to do.

I think it would be like your toon is when infected. You log in, sit back and watch the game ai do everything and then log off. Perhaps if it was some mini group of liberated drones, though you can already get that race. So I guess it's just the ships?
  • mirai222mirai222 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    My priorities:

1. Non-spiked boots for female KDF characters. The KDF includes joined Trills and aliens, you know. I won't be making any more KDF characters until that happens.

2. 700 day veteran rewards. I'd like the full variety, not just the male engineer.

3. KDF content.

4. Playable Romulans

5. More duty officer stuff. I've been hooked on that.

Also, I note that the KDF faction has a choice of two (2) ships when turning in a ship token at vice admiral: a monstrous carrier, and a tiny bird of prey. It would be nice if we had something available that was, you know, somewhere in between. If the level cap gets advanced to admiral though, that might not be as big of a problem.
  • alexandernabiscoalexandernabisco Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    and of course the KDF fanboys dont wont anyone but them to get content even if it means holding up the game for other players who dont play the Kligons. which in turn causing many Maxed out fed players leaving do to the gap in storyline or endgame content because Kdf fans not all just the radicals just think of themselves. even if it means sacfricing the game and its core players just for kligions
  • nikoagonistesnikoagonistes Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    What are these weapons (observed in a display case at my local Fleet Starbase) supposed to be? Will there ever be a way to obtain them in-game?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oakland4lifeoakland4life Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    kilemorgan wrote: »
    I don't like to be negative about others wishes but I have a hard time seeing a Borg faction.
    To me it seems you would be a drone. You would be off when not needed, and when on you would do exactly what you were told to do.

I think it would be like your toon is when infected. You log in, sit back and watch the game ai do everything and then log off. Perhaps if it was some mini group of liberated drones, though you can already get that race. So I guess it's just the ships?

I don't like the idea and also having a hard time seeing a Borg Faction too. but alot of ppl want them badly in the game and the Dev's are also talking about it. if they must add them in STO, i rather see a Renegade Faction instead of a Borg Collective which would make no sense at all. i rather prefer the playable Dominion faction after if they were to come out with the Romulans.
  • mirai222mirai222 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    and of course the KDF fanboys dont wont anyone but them to get content even if it means holding up the game for other players who dont play the Kligons.

Darn those KDF fanboys. Personally, I much prefer to play the Federation side. Still, I like to dabble on the KDF side now and then, and the KDF is sorely lacking.
    edited September 2012
    kadieras wrote: »
    Why do non-Romulan fans keep trying to add the Bloody Hirogen. NO HIROGEN in the RSE!! Only acceptable races would be the Romulans, Remans, Liberated versions, any client races they decide to introduce and maybe aliens.

Cause i played the KDF does not mean i am not a Romulan fan! i refuse to make a ''IT'S A FAAAKE'' Romulan in STO with Fed or KDF side alike and will only will make ''Real'' Romulans when they do come out with the RSE. u claim that you are ok with any Client races and Aliens. the Hirogen is a client race as they are not even a major ''Superpower'' to begin with and they did sign a Alliance Treaty with Empress Sela which is now Head of the Romulan Star Empire (Despite being MIA for now) in exchange for hunting rights in Romulan Space. for now the Romulans will use client races like Hirogen to defend their borders and protect themselfs like the Klingons used the Gorn, Orions, Letheans, Nausicaans etc. to fight for them.
    edited September 2012
    and of course the KDF fanboys dont wont anyone but them to get content even if it means holding up the game for other players who dont play the Kligons. which in turn causing many Maxed out fed players leaving do to the gap in storyline or endgame content because Kdf fans not all just the radicals just think of themselves. even if it means sacfricing the game and its core players just for kligions

and when was the last time that KDF fanboys got any content???
  • ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    In this brand-new edition of Ask Cryptic, Executive Producer Dan Stahl delivers answers to player submitted questions.

Link to the Ask Cryptic.

---

The poll from the last question of the Ask Cryptic can be found above.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

This is a great idea, but any poll that is not found in game will be heavily skewed towards the forum bias - which is really not that indicative of the playerbase as a whole.
    edited September 2012
    This is a great idea, but any poll that is not found in game will be heavily skewed towards the forum bias - which is really not that indicative of the playerbase as a whole.

An in-game voting poll would be helpful not only for players for what they want to see in the game, but also help dev's to decide what projects to do next in demand from the STO community.
  • karmapointkarmapoint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    About Romulan Faction

Is a trap, bino! Do not trust in a new faction was unable to finish the current one.
    Brasilis Elite Squad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PW/Crypt can't make more KDF Content?
  • jim940jim940 Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    linyive wrote: »
    Other words, since scaling the system for smaller fleets will give bigger ones the advantage

Tough its like that in the real world too. I'm the leader in a small fleet, with a small donating group and we are doing just fine.

While we probably wont hit tier 5 in 7 months, its still doable over time. Right now we are racing to Tier 2 and Shipyards 3, but after that, we can take it slow and work to the rest of the things we want.

Things are meant to take time, if your too impatient join a large fleet, there are several fleets with over 500 (if not 1,000) members already.
    civilphil wrote: »
    Honestly, if STO decided to create a Borg faction . . . it will destroy a large part of the love I have for the game. :(

I cannot fathom how a Borg faction for players can exist without fundamentally altering the nature of the Borg. Imagine if STO decided to make a Vulcan faction that did wasn't logical, or didn't have green blood, or went completely war-like. There'd be a revolt!

Please, please, please do NOT create a playable Borg faction.

I completely agree with him. No Borg. A few liberated Borg about that we already have is enough.
    Full faction, romulan warbirds and everything, I want to visit romulas and remas.

Please watch some Star Trek ... the Romulan home world is long gone.

Jim
    edited September 2012
    By client races I'm referring to those species who's planets are members of the RSE. The Hirogen are not a member species of the Empire. Plus for me allowing people to make aliens is something worth debating but seeing as how every other faction has them I find it hard to believe they wouldn't be included.
    Cause i played the KDF does not mean i am not a Romulan fan! i refuse to make a ''IT'S A FAAAKE'' Romulan in STO with Fed or KDF side alike and will only will make ''Real'' Romulans when they do come out with the RSE. u claim that you are ok with any Client races and Aliens. the Hirogen is a client race as they are not even a major ''Superpower'' to begin with and they did sign a Alliance Treaty with Empress Sela which is now Head of the Romulan Star Empire (Despite being MIA for now) in exchange for hunting rights in Romulan Space. for now the Romulans will use client races like Hirogen to defend their borders and protect themselfs like the Klingons used the Gorn, Orions, Letheans, Nausicaans etc. to fight for them.
    Like the Romulan Alliance System? Of course you do, it sounds fine to you because you aren't Romulans, you're FED or KDF who are going to make a Romulan alt, it makes a HUGE difference in perspective.
  • astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Something for romulans is better then nothing.

Klingon or Federation. Factions are always a work in progress i've played both factions and while klingons need alot more work, its been more then enough time for the romulans to finally get some love.

Jolan tru.

Live long and prosper.

Qapla'!
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    To be honest a lot of people are missing the point of this poll and even it's options. It says playable Romulans not Romulan Faction. I have a feeling that Cryptic may just add the Romulans to the Federation and Remans to the KDF as playable species. The Path to 2409 has a Romulan colony attached to the Federation and the Remans could become a sort of Protectorate (like in the Destiny/Titan/Typhoon Pact books).

At this current time a 3rd faction is simply not required and would cause more problems than anything else. The KDF player base has been promised content since before day one of this game, Cryptic seems finally after years of ownership problems in the position to finally fulfil these promises and if the Raptr Q&A is anything to go by, it's time may be now. But throwing Romulans into the mix as a faction is a mistake, one I doubt Cryptic will make. They need to finish what they started, fix the bugs, produce more KDF content so be on a level similar to Federation only then can they think about more factions.

A borg faction is a joke, I'd rather see a True Way faction they could work very well after the Romulans are at the same level as the other two factions. But right now all this talk of additional factions is just that talk. The amount of work to go into an additional faction would stall all content for the main two factions leading the game into a cash flow crisis. The KDF fan base is already had enough, many have left, others have recommended people not to play this game and others have simply stopped buying Zen as there is nothing left to buy. An additional faction won't change any of this.

Even if the 20% number is accurate for the KDF, if Cryptic lost that 20%, it would hurt the game, enough to slow down perhaps even stop a lot of future game production including the new upcoming seasons, Federation c-store items not to mention any future factions.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • xanto90xanto90 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I really don't know why people want more fractions, let the devs spend that time fixing bugs and getting the game more inline with Star Trek. The game is a lot better now, but still has ways to go...

I also wish we could take back a vote, clicked the wrong one by accident.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    To be honest a lot of people are missing the point of this poll and even it's options. It says playable Romulans not Romulan Faction. I have a feeling that Cryptic may just add the Romulans to the Federation and Remans to the KDF as playable species. The Path to 2409 has a Romulan colony attached to the Federation and the Remans could become a sort of Protectorate (like in the Destiny/Titan/Typhoon Pact books).

At this current time a 3rd faction is simply not required and would cause more problems than anything else. The KDF player base has been promised content since before day one of this game, Cryptic seems finally after years of ownership problems in the position to finally fulfil these promises and if the Raptr Q&A is anything to go by, it's time may be now. But throwing Romulans into the mix as a faction is a mistake, one I doubt Cryptic will make. They need to finish what they started, fix the bugs, produce more KDF content so be on a level similar to Federation only then can they think about more factions.

A borg faction is a joke, I'd rather see a True Way faction they could work very well after the Romulans are at the same level as the other two factions. But right now all this talk of additional factions is just that talk. The amount of work to go into an additional faction would stall all content for the main two factions leading the game into a cash flow crisis. The KDF fan base is already had enough, many have left, others have recommended people not to play this game and others have simply stopped buying Zen as there is nothing left to buy. An additional faction won't change any of this.

Even if the 20% number is accurate for the KDF, if Cryptic lost that 20%, it would hurt the game, enough to slow down perhaps even stop a lot of future game production including the new upcoming seasons, Federation c-store items not to mention any future factions.

The screams for a Romulan faction have been around since the game started. A new faction may not be required, but it's in demand, as much as KDF content.

The KDF, will get more content, it's just not getting KDF only content, which i am fine with i already have 8 KDF toons maxed out so getting KDF to start at level 1 is pointless for me, and being that the FED's and KDF are not even at war really (it's a joke of a war) and will most like be fighting the same enemy in the end, it only makes sense there wont be much KDF only end content. what i do want is freaking fingerless gloves, and a bloody jacket, and chancellor gorkon's pimp cane.

I don't see lack of KDF content as the fall of this game, the money is what keeps the game coming, and that money comes from the Federation.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    The screams for a Romulan faction have been around since the game started. A new faction may not be required, but it's in demand, as much as KDF content.

The KDF, will get more content, it's just not getting KDF only content, which i am fine with i already have 8 KDF toons maxed out so getting KDF to start at level 1 is pointless for me, and being that the FED's and KDF are not even at war really (it's a joke of a war) and will most like be fighting the same enemy in the end, it only makes sense there wont be much KDF only end content. what i do want is freaking fingerless gloves, and a bloody jacket, and chancellor gorkon's pimp cane.

I don't see lack of KDF content as the fall of this game, the money is what keeps the game coming, and that money comes from the Federation.

In your point of view perhaps, but I have found many Romulan fans in this thread are very unrealistic, to the point of flaming anyone who doesn't agree with them. No promises have been made that the Romulans will get a faction, that is a key point in this debate. Promises have been made to complete the KDF both by CRyptic and Dan Stahl himself for the past 2+ years.

KDF content is what is needed in this game, new mission will not only bring in more KDF players both new to the game and Federation only players who have admitted the only reason they don't play is the lack of content. It's also beneficial to the game. Federation players might complain they have nothing to do, but with the 40+ original missions they can always go back and re-play those missions, level a new character etc. KDF players are stuck with 9 missions which are fantastic missions but still 9 missions are 9 missions. Cross faction content is not the answer either, the FE missions are written from the Federation perspective and don't feel Klingon and invasion zones don't do it either.

Don't let you blindness to wanting your favourite species as a faction blind you to the reality. I too want the Romulans and True Way as factions but I am realistic and want to see the KDF up to similar levels as the Federation and existing bugs ironed out before any new faction is added or even developed. Anything else will just put this game back to levels it was before F2P and the content drought and we all may as well pack up shop.

Adding the two species to the existing factions is an alternative that should satisfy any realistic Romulan fan until a faction can begin development at the right time in a year or two after more important aspects of the game are completed.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • paragon92518paragon92518 Member Posts: 268
    edited September 2012
    First I'd like to ask if more retro ships are on the list for STO like the Ambassador Class and Constellation Class. Those are some of my favorites.

Agreed. I wish the Devs were more specific about what they consider a RARE SHIP. If Ambassador, Niagara, New Orleans, Springfield were considerd "Rare" I would easily cast my vote for that.
    edited September 2012
    What you consider realistic doesn't mean it's what someone else considers realist. Opinions are like...
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    dastahl wrote: »
    My current thoughts have been that a healthy PvP system will need two healthy factions. KDF has been getting better, but it needs the final push to get it to where it needs to go. Once that happens, then PvP improvements will go much farther towards what will be useful for the long term health of the game.

Holy mother of zombie threads, batman. This post is from early 2011, isn't it? I didn't expect it to show up again until late 2014.

Seriously, just admit that it's a hopeless cause and be done with it. I think that I posted such a suggestion last year, some time when you said something similar while nothing at all was being done.

Just give up. The rest of us have, except those naive enough to put hope into every little piece of fluff from you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Still, because Cryptic has said that they made this poll to prioritize their development schedule, that means either Romulans in the Factions or a separate Faction for themselves will be prioritized over the content that the KDF desperately needs to become viable. Effectively, 4% of the population has doomed the KDF to neglect and back-burner-ing again. v.v
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hmm... this says a lot....

poll options sorted by votes:
    Playable Romulans 543 28.06%
    More KDF Content 437 22.58%
    More Feature Episodes 315 16.28%
    Improve PVP 186 9.61%
    Improve Exploration 163 8.42%
    More Fleet Missions / STFs 131 6.77%
    Improve Crafting 53 2.74%
    More Rare Ships 42 2.17%
    Improve Duty Officer System 33 1.71%
    More Foundry Improvements 32 1.65%

The Tribe has spoken.

Hehe.... I'm kinda disappointed that Foundry is so low, but.... I would rather have a playable Romulan faction(short term). The Foundry is one of those things that is destined to evolve over time. Romulans will never be a good faction if they never get started. So now is better than later.

KDF isn't THAT bad Gavel..... seriously.
    high end gear, check.
    cool toys that set them apart from other factions, check

what they don't have is enough story missions to level from ens to VA without gaining point from anything else. IMO it's not really needed. I don't bother with most of the Fed missions anyways. Most of my chars leveled until they could start Doffing, and only do missions for the rewards now.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'd like to take a moment to unintentionally stir up the hardcore Romulan fanbase. Bear with me, I promise I'm not trolling.
    *any number of comments about how Hirogen should not be in the RSE*

Let me tell you exactly why they should be a part of a playable Romulan faction, and why, whether you like it or not, it will be better for a playable Romulan faction in the long run to have them.

So let's start with the obvious; the Romulans are a shattered people. They have been utterly broken at the basest of levels, their home planet taken from them not by an act of nature, which would be devastating but ultimately no one's fault, but by intentional sabotage. Billions, possibly trillions died. To gain their glory back, even in the slightest, they need help.

Conveniently, the Hirogen bumble into the beta quadrant far enough to make contact. A race of capable warriors with a uniquely devious way of dealing with everyone that isn't them. Traps and ruses are par for the course, and while not the kind of traps and deceptions a Romulan might respect, it plays very very well into the kinds of games a Romulan plays. And with their own slave race, the Remans, in open revolt, they need a new, disposable source of muscle. The Hirogen fit this bill nicely.

So that covers the plot reasons you might expect. Let's consider gameplay.

A full faction with three races (Romulan, Reman, Alien) would be dull. Even something KDF-sized would be expected to have a little more variety than that. Hirogen makes sense in the context of the game's timeline, and at the same time serves to give Voyager fans access to one of the better things to come from that show, as well as being the only Delta Quadrant race to my memory at the moment to be playable in the game ever. And hey, better Hirogen first than Talaxian, amirite?

This also gives Cryptic the ability to spice up the RSE's ship lineup from the get-go. They only necessarily have to produce two lines of Romulan ships, and can fill the third archetype with Hirogen vessels. Or at the very least, they can leverage the Hirogen as a line of ships to sell in the CStore for the Romulan leveling experience ala the other KDF races.

Then we have the thought that, aside from using some one-shot race or making something else up ala Deferi, there really isn't anything else they could pad the RSE ranks with.

And finally, it's not any sillier to have the Hirogen join the RSE than it was to lump the KDF races we see together.

In conclusion, regardless of how you feel about the Hirogen and their potential to have a place in the RSE, it still works from both a story and gameplay point of view. If you hate it that badly, use it as RP fuel in-game. Nothing like racism to make an interesting character, after all.

See? Told you it wasn't a troll post.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    jexsamx wrote: »
    I'd like to take a moment to unintentionally stir up the hardcore Romulan fanbase. Bear with me, I promise I'm not trolling.

Let me tell you exactly why they should be a part of a playable Romulan faction, and why, whether you like it or not, it will be better for a playable Romulan faction in the long run to have them.

So let's start with the obvious; the Romulans are a shattered people. They have been utterly broken at the basest of levels, their home planet taken from them not by an act of nature, which would be devastating but ultimately no one's fault, but by intentional sabotage. Billions, possibly trillions died. To gain their glory back, even in the slightest, they need help.

Conveniently, the Hirogen bumble into the beta quadrant far enough to make contact. A race of capable warriors with a uniquely devious way of dealing with everyone that isn't them. Traps and ruses are par for the course, and while not the kind of traps and deceptions a Romulan might respect, it plays very very well into the kinds of games a Romulan plays. And with their own slave race, the Remans, in open revolt, they need a new, disposable source of muscle. The Hirogen fit this bill nicely.

So that covers the plot reasons you might expect. Let's consider gameplay.

A full faction with three races (Romulan, Reman, Alien) would be dull. Even something KDF-sized would be expected to have a little more variety than that. Hirogen makes sense in the context of the game's timeline, and at the same time serves to give Voyager fans access to one of the better things to come from that show, as well as being the only Delta Quadrant race to my memory at the moment to be playable in the game ever. And hey, better Hirogen first than Talaxian, amirite?

This also gives Cryptic the ability to spice up the RSE's ship lineup from the get-go. They only necessarily have to produce two lines of Romulan ships, and can fill the third archetype with Hirogen vessels. Or at the very least, they can leverage the Hirogen as a line of ships to sell in the CStore for the Romulan leveling experience ala the other KDF races.

Then we have the thought that, aside from using some one-shot race or making something else up ala Deferi, there really isn't anything else they could pad the RSE ranks with.

And finally, it's not any sillier to have the Hirogen join the RSE than it was to lump the KDF races we see together.

In conclusion, regardless of how you feel about the Hirogen and their potential to have a place in the RSE, it still works from both a story and gameplay point of view. If you hate it that badly, use it as RP fuel in-game. Nothing like racism to make an interesting character, after all.

See? Told you it wasn't a troll post.
    I agree.... I also agree that RSE should have a few one-shot races to make them a bit more interesting. KDF has LETHEANS after all. They only appeared in 2 eps of DS9. Gorn and Nausicaans haven't really shown up that much either. So.... you could say that most of the KDF races are one-shot races. :(

Thus from this point of view, it makes sense for Romulans to get some. The real question is WHO... also it might not be a bad idea to add some spice by having them share one or more races. So, updated list:
    Romulan
    Acamarians (one-shot race from TNG, they live near the Romulan Neutral Zone so it'd be relatively easy for them to join the Romulans somehow)
    Hirogen
    Joined Trill (why? Why does KDF have them?)
    Liberated Borg Romulan
    Reman
    Vulcan (remember the reunification movement? Spock was willing to try showing the Romulans the value of his way of life by living among them.)
    Alien

And before I forget, KDF needs Kriosians...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    jexsamx wrote: »
    If you hate it that badly, use it as RP fuel in-game. Nothing like racism to make an interesting character, after all.

LMFAO!!

I don't get the hate on Hirogen, the KDF have nausicaan's that looks like a Predator, and the Romulan will get the Hirogen, who are actually hunting humanoids, they also have ships. Voyager i always wanted to see them fight real Klingons not holograms.

I would like to see True way part of the Romulan's....by true way i mean Cardassian, not Jem hardar. I never understood why the true way who want to return Cardassia back to the old ways to ally with people who bombed them, and killed millions of Cardassian
    GwaoHAD.png
This discussion has been closed.