Install Arc
Options

Ask Cryptic: September 2012

1272829303133»

Comments

• Options
    nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    A bit of an odd comment, why would you remove content from any game? The patrols I did on my main character, I liked them, they were fun and a decent XP source but nothing else. Most of them weren't too repetitive either.

Adding more patrols to the KDF (not the excess we see in Fed mind you) is an acceptable way to provide moderate quality cheap content. Repeating this for future mini-factions would lessen the cost of introduction.

I like the idea of sub-factions on sides, split alliances, etc. Adding any race is resource intensive but that is a good way to do it given the wide range of content in the game.

One thing I never seem to hear or be brought up is the never ending stream of bugs being brought into the game. There are zones like Defera you are literally playing around bugs that never get fixed, episodes broken and bugged for ages, and so many issues from the S6 introduction still un-resolved its a crime. Why is there no priority on this? Player retention = money, nothing drives players away faster than endless bugs.
    Serious work needs to be done on QA for STO, and pushing serious known bugs through to live should be forbidden. Most MMOs will patch test then hold the patch until those issues are resolved; you can't test for 2 days, ignore feedback and push to live, you will lose players steadily.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • Options
    hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Bug fixes will be the next "lock box" item.

:P
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • Options
    renegadeonlinerenegadeonline Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Actually what I'd like to see is, in my opinion a little easier than say a new feature episode or playable faction. What I'd like to see added is maybe more customizable options for players bridges, like the option of having damaged decks or even some customizable decor options for the Captain's Quarters like a generic list of items you can place in preset areas i.e. trophies, plants, photos, maybe a retro-tv like Lt. Paris had in ST: Voyager.
  • Options
    wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    raj011 wrote: »
    will we get more story content? Also what is the status on the Fleet Assault Cruiser? Plus will the KDF get any updates too?

they sadly are far too busy adding overpowered lockbox ships to work on it
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    wazzagiow wrote: »
    they sadly are far too busy adding overpowered lockbox ships to work on it

Well we shall find out how true this rings tomorrow... :(
  • Options
    redstarsweredstarswe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    It is time to seriously start working on lowering the klingons starting lvl, until people can start a Klink from lvl 1 the kdf will never be on par with the feds, no matter how many ships you throw at us.

Sure, there are more fed-people out there, but that is exactly why this needs to happen. If it is too much work just let people start a lvl 20 kdf char from the get go, I am sure there are good ways of covering the gap up with some background story involving a rite of ascension or something like it.

As long as it is required to have a fed char, of course numbers will be on the fed side.
    A contract is a contract...(but only between Ferengi).
  • Options
    rweningerrweninger Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Would love to see the Yamato Class Battleship!
This discussion has been closed.